Quantcast

» «
Photo

The buzzard attack chopper is the most useless purchase in online.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
177 replies to this topic
Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Aiming can be a pain in the ass considering the crosshair only moves in correspondence of the nose and the direction it's facing. Which is why - like some have said - it's better to be more skilled at flying if you actually wanna muster up a kill or two.

Also, I find just hovering the buzzard makes it easier to aim. Try that out if you'd like.

Nexbcevo
  • Nexbcevo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Just like you have a personal mechanic, you should be able to have a personal pilot that brings your heli to you anywhere.

• BenMillard and FarVision like this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Your sole complaint seems to be that you can't keep the helicopter steady. I'm wondering what your character's flying level is, since it makes a significant difference.

Dahpie
  • Dahpie

Russle dem jimmes

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Aiming can be a pain in the ass considering the crosshair only moves in correspondence of the nose and the direction it's facing. Which is why - like some have said - it's better to be more skilled at flying if you actually wanna muster up a kill or two.

Also, I find just hovering the buzzard makes it easier to aim. Try that out if you'd like.

Yeah, just hover over try and get the aim lined up and oh you died because the person below exploited auto aim. Completely fair right, totally worth spending all that money on a chopper that is basically no better that using a regular gun.

Absolutely brilliant, truly this game is balanced. Amirite.

Alectfenrir
  • Alectfenrir

Aviator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by Alectfenrir, 14 October 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Well I don't know about you but I personally think this chopper is amazing. One of my friends purchased it online and lent me it. With my flying skills built up in other open-world games I play, I was able to stabilize the helicopter without breaking a sweat, which eventually made bounties on other players an easy target to execute. But the only huge downside I found was the terrible Bad Sport system. This is GTA not Lets make Friends and live happily ever after...

Aside from that I think the Buzzard is well worth it IMO.

Edit: you should only buy expensive vehicles ONLY if you know how to use them properly

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yeah, just hover over try and get the aim lined up and oh you died because the person below exploited auto aim.

Auto-aim is a feature, not an exploit. And if you dislike it so much, stop using it yourself.

• B Dawg likes this

Kenoz
  • Kenoz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Yeah, just hover over try and get the aim lined up and oh you died because the person below exploited auto aim. Completely fair right, totally worth spending all that money on a chopper that is basically no better that using a regular gun.

Absolutely brilliant, truly this game is balanced. Amirite.

Yeah, just hover over try and get the aim lined up and oh you died because the person below exploited auto aim.

Auto-aim is a feature, not an exploit. And if you dislike it so much, stop using it yourself.

Exactly, if you want to play with players who use free-aim, go to single player and set your aiming style.

Why do children whine about auto-aim or overpowered NPCS/POLICE so much?
Auto-aim affects these settings, FYI.

The only downside is that free-aim servers are not very populated as compared to auto-aim servers.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

I agree that it is the most useless purchase.  But that's because they spawn regularly for me in a few different places.  And if I need one during a mission, I just have Lester locate a chopper and it's always a Buzzard.

Would never shell out the money to own one.

The offset to having no auto-aim/player lock-on in the Buzzard is that you have unlimited ammunition for it.  Launch rockets all day and never run out.

TRANEMing
  • TRANEMing

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Thx man, you just help me save 1.8 mil :D....

An Arctic Fox
  • An Arctic Fox

Fox

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Then don't fly a Buzzard. Now excuse me I'm gonna rocket snipe people with bounties in my Buzzard i get for free from sandy shores.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

In my opinion I think all of the helicopters/planes are worthless purchases. They spawn everywhere and 90% of the time they spawn closer to you then what Pegasus delivers to you. I hope to see helipads or personal air strips in the future because it's pointless for me to own a heli and plane, when I could just go to Trevor's airfield.

As for the Buzzard, that chopper is amazing at flying. You should seriously go to flight school if you don't like the way it flies. Sure it doesn't lock on to players that would make it way to easy. Although, it will lock on to other players in aircraft. And I'm sure you know it locks onto all police.

This is the point... All these retard pilots want a heli that locks onto players and makes it super easy to dominate rooms with... Tbh, im pissed that it can lock on to other helis, because now you get trash - average pilots just trying to dogfight you by locking on with rockets which is weak af, easily avoided, but still irritating. 

Oh, but its okay for players to abuse auto aim to kill anyone in a vehicle? I can't kill players with a vastly more powerful arsenal of rockets and machine gun, but they can kill me with a pistol because auto aim is for people who can't aim? This game is quite biased, I have to work for my kill in a chopper, but others can dominate when they arn't even in one.

Amazing game logic 10/10 Would never buy terrible chopper again.

Excuse me? If you are whining about being killed by AA then all i can say is get your skills up, because you clearly arent very good if you're always getting shot out. 

Its more difficult to avoid being killed by AA (assuming you dont just switch to disallow rooms) but it makes you a better pilot when you can still get a kill with the gun against AA players... 

You dont seem to get that its sh*tty "pilots" like you that ruin the rep of the great pilots out there, flying around looking to get easy kills by blowing people up because you cant aim in the heli... Like wth? We actually want a challenge in the heli and im glad they made it more of a challenge, hopefully theyll remove rockets completely at some point so that retards like you stop trying to get in and fly it. 

• johnwontscore likes this

csukar
  • csukar

Llama

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Totally disagree, it's the best purchase i have made, after using it for a long time you get good enough to hit people with the rockets without even locking on, some of the most fun i've had in online, some guys where trying to grief me i got the buzzard out and killed them all about 10 times lol.

Alectfenrir
  • Alectfenrir

Aviator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

In the meantime I will be saving up for a tank. If I have lots of spare money to waste then I'll buy a Shamal or Buzzard

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

Don't forget that if you kill people you'll likely blow there car up too. Bad sport. So pointless.

Which makes me question the RPG.

And the grenade launcher.

And the sticky bombs.

And grenades.

And the tank.

And the Lazer.

And they really want to punish us for using them?
Don't get me wrong - I don't go hunting for people (unless they have bounties). But if I'm trying to get away from you in real life and your car is destroyed in the process, it's still self-defense. So why the hell am I being punished for it in this game?

• BenMillard likes this

dethbiker
  • dethbiker

basketball and heavy metal.

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by dethbiker, 15 October 2013 - 02:05 AM.

Don't forget that if you kill people you'll likely blow there car up too. Bad sport. So pointless.

Which makes me question the RPG.

And the grenade launcher.

And the sticky bombs.

And grenades.

And the tank.

And the Lazer.

And they really want to punish us for using them?
Don't get me wrong - I don't go hunting for people (unless they have bounties). But if I'm trying to get away from you in real life and your car is destroyed in the process, it's still self-defense. So why the hell am I being punished for it in this game?

They don't have a better way of telling who's being a douchebag. I don't think there is any other ''efficient'' way. Unless they were to hire mods to oversee lobbies.

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

Side note but does the copilot have control of mini guns?

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'm a beast in the BAC. You sound like you're bad at it. Practice makes perfect, friend.

Lakotiz
  • Lakotiz

The mambe

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

I've had tons of fun in it, one pilot and one guy on the rocket and you'll be set for hours of fun.

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

lol yesterday I was driving around San Andreas and found a Buzzard at Sandy Shores Airfield (i am lvl 43). Then I found 3 at the LS Airport...so not hard to find at all, don't spend money at this.

Krustysponge
  • Krustysponge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Actually purchases that require pegasus are most likely going to be able to use in heist since you can't find any helicopters, planes etc during missions

My theory
  • BenMillard and Infamous_WarPig like this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

I doubt I'd ever buy it as I can get them for free at the airport but I get a lot of kills with it. You just have to have a knack for leading your target since the rockets don't lock on to ground units. I actually have a much easier time hitting you with it if you're trying to get away from me than if you just stood still.

stocksyuto
  • stocksyuto

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:56 PM Edited by stocksyuto, 28 October 2013 - 12:57 PM.

I'ts also free to pick up after level 70 or something, spawn in sandy shores I think

lvl 50

No its 45 at the latest. Ive been picking em up for a while and im 48. Infact ive been picking em up for that long i'd say lvl 40

Im rank 42 and it spawns for me all the time

Hootytooty
  • Hootytooty

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

It's utterly pointless because they spawn at both airports once you reach a certain level.

Same goes for the Titan and a lot of other planes/helicoptors, utter waste of money because it will always spawn in a hanger at LSC airport.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

OP clearly hasn't purchased the dumper yet. As for the buzzard, this chopper can come in handy for missions if you spawn nearby a helicopter spawn location.

• BenMillard and Infamous_WarPig like this

Infamous_WarPig
  • Infamous_WarPig

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

I bought one... even if it spawn everywere in free roam but... on mission it does not... it very rare to find one when your are IN a mission... that is when have bought one is worth it :p
I did base invader all on my own with this chopper... killed pretty much everything down there and when for the chopper smoothly...

Also on a 16 person freeroam... sometime there is no chopper anywee because everyone picked one.. it happens often njo chopper at sandy no chopper at airport neither hospital... so calling one of your own IS usefull :)

• BenMillard likes this

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

Why would you buy something that spawns nearly everywhere in the map?

Infamous_WarPig
  • Infamous_WarPig

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

because it does not spawn all the time on populated freeroam I find my self often having to drive of fly for miles to find one because they don't spawn infinetly if all players try to get one all helipad will be empty... trust me It happened often... same for planes...

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

Buzzards are useless.
Tanks are useless.
Jets are useless.

Feels like these vehicles are meant to purposely get you a bad sport mark.
  • BigBrother67 likes this

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

In my opinion I think all of the helicopters/planes are worthless purchases. They spawn everywhere and 90% of the time they spawn closer to you then what Pegasus delivers to you. I hope to see helipads or personal air strips in the future because it's pointless for me to own a heli and plane, when I could just go to Trevor's airfield.

As for the Buzzard, that chopper is amazing at flying. You should seriously go to flight school if you don't like the way it flies. Sure it doesn't lock on to players that would make it way to easy. Although, it will lock on to other players in aircraft. And I'm sure you know it locks onto all police.

This is the point... All these retard pilots want a heli that locks onto players and makes it super easy to dominate rooms with... Tbh, im pissed that it can lock on to other helis, because now you get trash - average pilots just trying to dogfight you by locking on with rockets which is weak af, easily avoided, but still irritating. 

Oh, but its okay for players to abuse auto aim to kill anyone in a vehicle? I can't kill players with a vastly more powerful arsenal of rockets and machine gun, but they can kill me with a pistol because auto aim is for people who can't aim? This game is quite biased, I have to work for my kill in a chopper, but others can dominate when they arn't even in one.

Amazing game logic 10/10 Would never buy terrible chopper again.

thats why you need friends, 1 next to you to handle the rockets/gun, 2 in the back to kill with guns

its not a solo machine 

• BenMillard likes this

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Flying the helicopters was much better in IV. I can fly the ones in V just fine, but I can't do any of the tricks from IV. I sure wish I could use my Maverick to flip cars and blade people. *Sigh*

I, too, am waiting for helipads to be added. I also wish we could at least buy one apartment AND one garage. I'd love to be able to spawn in the garage next to that Buzzard whenever I wanted.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users