Quantcast

» «
Photo

The buzzard attack chopper is the most useless purchase in online.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
177 replies to this topic
Dahpie
  • Dahpie

Russle dem jimmes

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

I am just going to say, I was really excited when I realized I was going to get one. As soon as I got one, I regretted the purchase.

Now, the main problem with this is the flying. Flying anything in this game, is the equivalent of flying while drunk. You always retain your momentum, and there is no way to stop it without pulling back and forward about a million times before you lose it. Trying to kill people it out of the question because the guns move in accordance with the chopper itself, and considering how it handles, its almost impossible to hit anything.

Oh but there is a lock on system for the rockets....for cops only. Why? Its such stupid thing how I can't lock on to a car or person of my choosing.

TL;DR Flying is abysmal, gun only aim with abysmal flying direction. Lock on system is useless.

• Vaymasters likes this

dizta
  • dizta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Don't forget that if you kill people you'll likely blow there car up too. Bad sport. So pointless.

• dotCody, Shannabul and Vaymasters like this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:16 AM Edited by Wildfire_08, 14 October 2013 - 11:17 AM.

I agree with the title, but i disagree with your reasoning. 

The buzzard is the most dominant thing in freemode, Still... providing you are actually a great pilot and not a scrub. They made it a LOT easier to get shot out by autoaim noobs now, by slowing down speed at which you can orbit and keep the nose pointing on the target (L1 & R1). 

Clearly they made the guns way more tricky to get kills with, but its still possible, i actually notice they made it more difficult for range shooting but its still pretty much the same within a certain distance, so getting kills with the buzzard guns in the city now requires masterful flying and being able to turn it on a penny. Again, none of that is difficult, just makes it more of a challenge, and more satisfying when you get the kill. 

As for no way to stop your momentum, thats simply not true at all, i highly suggest you get better in the heli before slating it, as honestly it flies like a dream.

Im glad they didnt allow lock on rockets for peoples cars or people themself, because to be honest, anybody trying to only use rockets in that heli is a complete noob and doesnt deserve to be flying it, i would love to see a vastly improved flight school whereby the Gold times are challenging, and if you dont get gold in everything you cant get a buzzard, but oh well. 

Anyway, to my point... the buzzard IS the worst purchase in the game, for the simple reason that you cant customise it in any way. You pay $1.8 million for something you can get from all the helipad spawns and it is exactly the same, you cant even change the colour of the heli to your crew colour, so whats the point buying it? Its actually quicker for me to get the buzzard from ANY helipad, than go to the specific helipad that the contact want you to go to. 

• johnwontscore likes this

SaintsRow3
  • SaintsRow3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

I'ts also free to pick up after level 70 or something, spawn in sandy shores I think

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:20 AM Edited by SkylineGTRFreak, 14 October 2013 - 11:20 AM.

I was able to pick it up at Sandy Shores and Zancudo with 45...

Edit: Oh and the LS Hospital

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

You always retain your momentum, and there is no way to stop it without pulling back and forward about a million times before you lose it. Trying to kill people it out of the question because the guns move in accordance with the chopper itself, and considering how it handles, its almost impossible to hit anything.

Flight mechanics are bad in this game, but NOT because of that. Saying something is bad because it maintains its momentum (like a vehicle traveling on generated downward thrust should) is the wrong way to go at it, and with proper practice, killing the momentum is incredibly easy.

However, the random ass stuttering and shaking that Helicopters and Planes do is rather annoying. That, along with the fact that Yaw control is used on the bumpers that have no pressure control makes controlling aircraft more of an RNG toleration than a skill thing. What's it supposed to simulate, wind? Lol, wind isn't more powerful than the thrust of the aircraft. If they get rid of the random wind shaking, we probably wouldnt be having this topic show up.

Dahpie
  • Dahpie

Russle dem jimmes

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

I agree with the title, but i disagree with your reasoning. 

The buzzard is the most dominant thing in freemode, Still... providing you are actually a great pilot and not a scrub. They made it a LOT easier to get shot out by autoaim noobs now, by slowing down speed at which you can orbit and keep the nose pointing on the target (L1 & R1). 

Clearly they made the guns way more tricky to get kills with, but its still possible, i actually notice they made it more difficult for range shooting but its still pretty much the same within a certain distance, so getting kills with the buzzard guns in the city now requires masterful flying and being able to turn it on a penny. Again, none of that is difficult, just makes it more of a challenge, and more satisfying when you get the kill. 

As for no way to stop your momentum, thats simply not true at all, i highly suggest you get better in the heli before slating it, as honestly it flies like a dream.

Im glad they didnt allow lock on rockets for peoples cars or people themself, because to be honest, anybody trying to only use rockets in that heli is a complete noob and doesnt deserve to be flying it, i would love to see a vastly improved flight school whereby the Gold times are challenging, and if you dont get gold in everything you cant get a buzzard, but oh well. 

Anyway, to my point... the buzzard IS the worst purchase in the game, for the simple reason that you cant customise it in any way. You pay $1.8 million for something you can get from all the helipad spawns and it is exactly the same, you cant even change the colour of the heli to your crew colour, so whats the point buying it? Its actually quicker for me to get the buzzard from ANY helipad, than go to the specific helipad that the contact want you to go to. 

I am manly talking about online only. Okay momentum might have been a bad way of saying it, but trying to kill someone in a car while they are going incredibly fast and turning multiple times makes it impossible to get a shot off. So you can use L1 and R1 to focus on people to make it easier? Is that what your saying?

Manly I just want to kill people with it, got any more tips as such?

hyseptik
  • hyseptik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

I've got one complaint regarding the Buzzard. Auto-lock should be toggleable. It's nearly impossible to kill a person on foot since you'll most likely have the cops after you, and you will always auto-lock on them when trying to aim for the player. Let us have "free aim", simply locked to whatever direction the buzzard is facing. Sort of works like free aim if you're a passenger, manning the missiles, but I never figured out what button fires them then, lol (PS3).

MrAnimalUK
  • MrAnimalUK

Game rager

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Yeah OP, not to rub salt in your wounds, but Buzzards constantly spawn for free at lvl 45+. I think they stay for good too, unlike the Cargobob. Buzzard is useless purchase. I will be buying a tank though :lol:

• Mr Putin likes this

DonkeyWobbler
  • DonkeyWobbler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

1) The guns do not have a convergence zone, i.e. although they do not fire exactly straight out of the gun, they do converge a bit, the point at which the 2 lines of bullets converge is beyond the range at which the bullets travel.

The consequence of this is that it is very very difficult to destroy vehicles as you cannot land enough hits.

To kill targets on foot a strafing run is required, rather than aiming directly at the target which will result in the bullets landing either side it is better to waggle the crosshair around the target and he will run into the fire.

2) To fire missiles straight, toggle guns and then toggle missiles again quickly pressing fire immediately after you have changed to missiles.  This will fire the missile before it has locked on to anything.

I do agree however, and have been saying for sometime, that helicopter guns should face in the direction the player is looking.... perhaps only in first person (its not first person its a camera on the front of the heli).  This would still be difficult, but it would be a little bit easier and a lot more realistic.

The guns also need to be more powerful as they are only really good for killing the pilot/driver of any vehicle rather than destroying the vehicle itself.

leeco
  • leeco

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

It's the reason I got sent over to dunce world.
  • Canibitch likes this

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'ts also free to pick up after level 70 or something, spawn in sandy shores I think

lvl 50

• Coltfanjay likes this

IomMeza
  • IomMeza

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

Omg guys

Annihilator is the most useless helis ever, for 1.8 million!

Buzzard is not the most useless!
  • NudasPriest, qop and Kahkenbols like this

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Leise rieselt der Schnee

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:56 AM Edited by Preusse, 14 October 2013 - 12:00 PM.

Flying is not hard, aiming is.

MrAnimalUK
  • MrAnimalUK

Game rager

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

lvl 50

No its 45 at the latest. Ive been picking em up for a while and im 48. Infact ive been picking em up for that long i'd say lvl 40

IvoLopes
  • IvoLopes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

I've got one complaint regarding the Buzzard. Auto-lock should be toggleable. It's nearly impossible to kill a person on foot since you'll most likely have the cops after you, and you will always auto-lock on them when trying to aim for the player. Let us have "free aim", simply locked to whatever direction the buzzard is facing. Sort of works like free aim if you're a passenger, manning the missiles, but I never figured out what button fires them then, lol (PS3).

This.
I find the Buzzard Ok to pilot, if they make it more stable everyone would be good on him. My rule for Buzzard, only go for people driving vehicle (even though you get bad sport) because players on foot will easily kill you

Nexbcevo
  • Nexbcevo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Flying would be perfect if it were like San Andreas. They changed the driving for the better, no idea why they didn't change the flying. It got worse from IV to V.

DonkeyWobbler
  • DonkeyWobbler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

My only issue with the flying is that when in an aircraft you maneuverability is dictated by how much power your engine has, not your airspeed.  This means that if you stop your engine even at high altitude it does not matter how fast you are going or whether or not you are stalling, you will have no control over the plane.  This has got nothing to do with real life physics.  If you don't understand how this works, just think about gliders.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:10 PM Edited by Wildfire_08, 14 October 2013 - 12:11 PM.

For all those saying its level 45, or 50... i dont know where you get your info from but its level 42. 

Whatever level is next to the item on the website is the level it spawns at, (37 for the annihilator).

anyway, the heli is beast, but a terrible purchase because you cant change anything on it, not even the colour... Funnily enough though, you can change the colour of it in race... which is why i bought it in the first place. SMH

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:12 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 14 October 2013 - 12:12 PM.

i might buy one owning a buzzard > finding one

UKAIDANUK
  • UKAIDANUK

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

It's very easy to fly, also very easy to kill people.

The only problem... it's a one way ticket to Dunce town.

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

I spent 13 minutes trying to shoot a person with the buzzard attack chopper. Very difficult when you want your f*cking revenge right this second.

Darrell_21
  • Darrell_21

Vice President, SoA Indiana

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

In my opinion I think all of the helicopters/planes are worthless purchases. They spawn everywhere and 90% of the time they spawn closer to you then what Pegasus delivers to you. I hope to see helipads or personal air strips in the future because it's pointless for me to own a heli and plane, when I could just go to Trevor's airfield.

As for the Buzzard, that chopper is amazing at flying. You should seriously go to flight school if you don't like the way it flies. Sure it doesn't lock on to players that would make it way to easy. Although, it will lock on to other players in aircraft. And I'm sure you know it locks onto all police.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

i might buy one owning a buzzard > finding one

Thats the point, it really isnt...

Its far quicker and easier to spawn a buzzard at any helipad, than call Pegasus and drive to the helipad they drop it off at. 

goobface
  • goobface

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by goobface, 14 October 2013 - 12:25 PM.

I am just going to say, I was really excited when I realized I was going to get one. As soon as I got one, I regretted the purchase.

Now, the main problem with this is the flying. Flying anything in this game, is the equivalent of flying while drunk. You always retain your momentum, and there is no way to stop it without pulling back and forward about a million times before you lose it. Trying to kill people it out of the question because the guns move in accordance with the chopper itself, and considering how it handles, its almost impossible to hit anything.

Oh but there is a lock on system for the rockets....for cops only. Why? Its such stupid thing how I can't lock on to a car or person of my choosing.

TL;DR Flying is abysmal, gun only aim with abysmal flying direction. Lock on system is useless.

In other words....learn to fly lol

I admit for me at first it was difficult, but since then i have adapted to the attack chopper...now i can fly between skyscrapers and turn at high speed...fly under tunnels....i have learned how to use the minigun and time my rockets perfectly so they hit a moving target.... what? Did you expect to be in god mode when you have pretty much the most powerful vehicle in the game?

TL;DR f*cking adapt and learn

• LukeH_97 likes this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

In my opinion I think all of the helicopters/planes are worthless purchases. They spawn everywhere and 90% of the time they spawn closer to you then what Pegasus delivers to you. I hope to see helipads or personal air strips in the future because it's pointless for me to own a heli and plane, when I could just go to Trevor's airfield.

As for the Buzzard, that chopper is amazing at flying. You should seriously go to flight school if you don't like the way it flies. Sure it doesn't lock on to players that would make it way to easy. Although, it will lock on to other players in aircraft. And I'm sure you know it locks onto all police.

This is the point... All these retard pilots want a heli that locks onto players and makes it super easy to dominate rooms with... Tbh, im pissed that it can lock on to other helis, because now you get trash - average pilots just trying to dogfight you by locking on with rockets which is weak af, easily avoided, but still irritating. 

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

U can't just bit a plane or heli and not have pilot skill level up of course it will feel like crap

MrDanielPrice
  • MrDanielPrice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

I think the piloting think is user experience and skill. I'm pretty bad at flying in any game, but my mate is an epic chopper pilot in GTA: Online. It is very easy to get kills with me as the gunner in a regular heli. It a lot of fun.

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

The flying isn't too bad. Also if you have a co-pilot they can use the missiles more effectively.

Dahpie
  • Dahpie

Russle dem jimmes

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

This is the point... All these retard pilots want a heli that locks onto players and makes it super easy to dominate rooms with... Tbh, im pissed that it can lock on to other helis, because now you get trash - average pilots just trying to dogfight you by locking on with rockets which is weak af, easily avoided, but still irritating. 

Oh, but its okay for players to abuse auto aim to kill anyone in a vehicle? I can't kill players with a vastly more powerful arsenal of rockets and machine gun, but they can kill me with a pistol because auto aim is for people who can't aim? This game is quite biased, I have to work for my kill in a chopper, but others can dominate when they arn't even in one.

Amazing game logic 10/10 Would never buy terrible chopper again.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users