Quantcast

» «
Photo

Karin Rebel vs Sandking XL

102 replies to this topic

Poll: Karin Rebel vs. Sandking XL (307 member(s) have cast votes)

Which would you choose?

1. Karin Rebel (173 votes [56.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.35%

2. Sandking XL (134 votes [43.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

I'm going to have to say maybe the Rebel now.

Reason be is just that the sandking is just way to common.

norgeek
  • norgeek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

The XL being RWD must be a bug or a misunderstanding. They have modeled the drivetrain as a 4x4 with a differential and driveshaft for the front axle. Hope they get around to fixing that once the more pressing matters are handled :)

lonestranger
  • lonestranger

Texture Artist

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:08 AM Edited by lonestranger, 28 October 2013 - 08:43 PM.

4797066+_5befb80ab11ee4c36ce90e6b92a44a5

Even though we can only have a maximum of 10 vehicles, I'm planning on keeping both a rusty Rebel and a Sandking XL. If I had to pick only one, it's a close call, but I'd say Rebel. Less common, there's fewer annoying kids have them, there's no dudebro vibe about it, and I've lusted after a Toyota Xtra Cab 4x4 since BTTF. I even used to have an '81 2WD 'yota that had the round-headlight front end that the Rebel resembles.

That being said, it only seats 2 (as does the Sandking SWB), and sometimes I feel like being a douche. So, a P.M. yellow Sandking XL fits that bill. If I get the itch for a BF Injection again, I might let one go.

The Sandking is RWD? Since when?

Have you tipped it upside down and seen which wheels move? Because I would assume it's 4WD....

Me and my crew go off-roading all the time and all the Sandking drivers agree that it's only RWD. The non-Sandkings in our group drive Merryweather Mesas and Karin Rebels.

The XL being RWD must be a bug or a misunderstanding. They have modeled the drivetrain as a 4x4 with a differential and driveshaft for the front axle. Hope they get around to fixing that once the more pressing matters are handled :)

I can also confirm that the Sandking XL is RWD only. Without flipping it over, you can test for yourself by simply nosing up to a solid wall and giving it gas. A four-wheel drive like the Rebel or all-wheel drive like the Elegy spins only the rear wheels when doing a brakestand, but will spin all four wheels when against a wall. I even tried it with the Sandking's front tires on grass & the rears on pavement.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

Rebel. Saw it, wanted it, modded it, looks unique, great offroad, fast.

What else could I want?

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

if the sandking is 4WD , i would have vote for it.

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:15 AM Edited by SprunkJunkie, 06 November 2013 - 09:16 AM.

I have had both trucks and for a fact know the rebel is 4wd and the sandking is not!  I had a fully modded sandking and not only was it slow but couldn't climb mountains as good as the rebel, the bodhi, or the bf injection.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

I actually acquired 3 pickup trucks all in the same night, modding each one as soon as I got it, only to completely replace it with the next, better (in my mind) pickup I found. Started when I found a Saddler. I simply wanted a pickup truck. So I maxed out everything on it and stored it away. Literally 15 minutes later, I see a Sandking xL and decided "That's way better than that Saddler", so I get rid of the Saddler, mod the Sandking, and stick it in the back of my garage for storage purposes. Wasn't planning on using it often. 30 minutes later I see the rusty Rebel. I had already spent lots of money modding, but I decided I'd at least take it into Los Santos Customs to see what kind of custom mods it could get. I was so pleased with my choices that I modded that thing up, got rid of the Sandking, and haven't looked back. Now my Rebel is my vehicle of choice for cruising or if it's time to cross mountains.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

Rebel all day long, first step- get 100% armour, second step- get a bounty and go up Mount Chilliad and watch just about everyone elses cars die trying to get you, step three- get out with sniper rifle and have fun till the hate mail rolls in.= win and lots of fun.

0_0.jpg

• OwensRacing and cpear760 like this

Zirpz121
  • Zirpz121

Commissioner for The Circle Of Trust

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

I just love my Sandking. You can NEVER play monstertruck with the Rebel...

It's a very special feeling of beeing unstoppable with the Sandking, mash right thru roadblocks, over convertibles.. Ahh.. Sandking!

0_0.jpg

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Can't decide, i have all three, Sandking, Rebel and Injection

They're all great in their own way :)

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

I bet my Rebel could lift more than your rebel.
Also, I joined your Panda Crew drunk sometime last week because of the name, but what, exactly, do you guys do? Call me ignorant, but I told myself I wasn't going to join a crew until I saw your logo. Once I get the dunce-cap off for accidentally ramming 20 people's personal vehicles with my tank (they all look alike to me), I'll get a mic and see what it's like being in a session where not everyone shoots me in the face while I'm admiring the flowers.

• SAUL_SILVER likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

We're a friendly helpful bunch Bojack! :)

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

We're a friendly helpful bunch Bojack! :)

Quick question. Are you guys looking for a Harem King?

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

Click here and Write in the Feed Bojack :)

Maybe someone needs that?

http://socialclub.ro.../pandas_of_pain

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Also, I joined your Panda Crew drunk sometime last week because of the name, but what, exactly, do you guys do? Call me ignorant, but I told myself I wasn't going to join a crew until I saw your logo. Once I get the dunce-cap off for accidentally ramming 20 people's personal vehicles with my tank (they all look alike to me), I'll get a mic and see what it's like being in a session where not everyone shoots me in the face while I'm admiring the flowers.

This is the same for me got fed up with crew mates trying to kill me and take my car and was drunk, seen the name and thought i'm having some of that. :lol:  Will need to join you guys and see what your about.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Where does one find a rusty rebel?  I found a clean one, but I want the rusty one.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Click here and Write in the Feed Bojack :)

Maybe someone needs that?

aFRPNCp.jpg

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

I voted Karin because they're my favorite makers.  From the Rebel, to the Futo, to the Sultan.  Karin is KING.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

Where does one find a rusty rebel?  I found a clean one, but I want the rusty one.

You get lucky. I got mine right in front of the LSC near Blaine County.

The Rangler
  • The Rangler

Potshot

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

BF Injection. Max out the acceleration and go nuts.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

SANDKING XL

0_0.jpg

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

BleH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

I go through vehicles fast, but the bubblegum pink Rebel to the left has a permanent spot in my garage. ^w^

0_0.jpg

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

I go through vehicles fast, but the bubblegum pink Rebel to the left has a permanent spot in my garage. ^w^

0_0.jpg

Can I have a permanent spot in your heart? I can run really fast and my credit is fantastic.

• The Rangler likes this

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

0_0.jpgRebel all day

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

0_0.jpgRebel all day

Sh¡t...Well, at least yours is a different color than mine.

OwensRacing
  • OwensRacing

LSAT

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

I keep a Sandking SWB, Clean Rebel, and Baja's Modded Rusty Rebel. The clean is by far best off road followed closely by rusty rebel. Sandking is not great on slopes. However it's fun for running over traffic!! LoL

They all have redeeming qualities.

10633116494_ceaa52120d_o.jpg
10710880375_5e8ea5f7f6_o.jpg
10710958374_dd8f0f3a98_o.jpg
  • cpear760 likes this

jc20
  • jc20

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

I have both a Sandking XL and a clean Rebel.  I'm going to say the Sandking only due to the fact that 4 people can get in it.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

1-12.jpg

12p-1.jpg

..... old photo when I used to have a  SandKing. Phantom still have (thankgod) and is my daily driver.

b4.jpg

crushbones
  • crushbones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

karin is better for offroad (mesa still number 1), but if you want some monster truck action go for the sandking.

crushbones
  • crushbones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

0_0.jpg

so many mooded cars my god

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users