Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is anyone else disappointed by GTA V online?

80 replies to this topic
Doolz351
  • Doolz351

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

It's been what? half a month... give it some time

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by ScottMU, 16 October 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Go f*cking play Gta IV multiplayer then and stop whining. You can't f*cking have everything your way. A majority of the people like Gta Online including me, and you whining won't change anything. Grow up.

GTFO if they added the features some of us wanted what difference would it make to you? None, you could still play as you are now, nobody would force you, no-one is saying that GTA:O needs to be completely changed, just more options added!

In fact if GTA:O had turned out to be exactly like GTA IV I am willing to bet you would be on here making one of these threads and 'whining' about it as you put it, I would put money on it. So shut up, these forums aren't just for people who think the game is perfect, us wanting a feature added is in no way an unreasonable request.

You seriously think that if somebody has a problem with GTA V that they revoke their right to play it at all? Threre's alot of great things in there but GTA:O just gets boring, fast for casual players such as myself and I am certainly not willing to spend all night repeating one mission just so I can get a car that I can do precisely sod all with because of the ridiculous bad-sport system, its beyond a joke. Yeah it's seen as more realistic, but realism is the last thing I want from a video game and don't understand why so many crave it, If I wanted realism I would go outside for f^cks sake, I play games to escape the realm of realism, that's what they are for! If you have the time to spend hours upon hours playing online games then that's fine for you, but I don't have the time for that and as a result my enjoyment of it suffers.

Gaming is for fun and shouldn't be a full-time commitment! 

There should be a 'quick play' freemode option, end of.

• M210F and cupkake like this

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by FocusedPants, 16 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

To the OP, if that really all you want - a room like GTA IV and your main goal is just shootaround pedestrians -

You might as well just keep playing GTA IV with your friends.

Thing is, no matter how we look at it, GTA Online added the concept of progression which adds the idea of working towards something rather than going in and having everything off the bat. 

Xbox1988
  • Xbox1988

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

3 hours to earn 10k? What exactly were you doing? 

RnG Ramen85
  • RnG Ramen85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

To the OP, if that really all you want - a room like GTA IV and your main goal is just shootaround pedestrians -

You might as well just keep playing GTA IV with your friends.

Thing is, no matter how we look at it, GTA Online added the concept of progression which adds the idea of working towards something rather than going in and having everything off the bat. 

have you read anything in this post... i am asking for the option not for them to completely change the game just the option to have a gta iv style lobby and when i get bored of that go play the current gta online i mean read before you post plese

D. Bigalow
  • D. Bigalow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

I expected a little more out of the gate but all n all I'm having a blast.

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

I know Im a week late with this thread but I have to agree that the online portion is so disappointing. Why is there no free roam type option in the game like in GTA 4? I don't really care to do missions in multiplayer. Why am I forced to do them to achieve certain items in the game?

I also really hate how if you are a certain level you can only get certain things. That is ridiculous. I want to fly that cargobob helicopter but I just recently learned you have to be level 20 or so to earn it. Im level 11 right now and have a ways to go. I just find that a bit ridiculous that you have to reach certain levels to gain certain features of the game. This also goes for weapons too. You can only get certain weapons at a certain level.

I also hate how aggressive the cops are in this game. If you do one little thing wrong they are all over you. Why is there no option to play with the cops off? Im in a game and trying to do some things with my friends and it messes us up because the cops come in and ruin everything. I just don't understand why cops are something that has to be in the game. Its very annoying.

I don't mean to absolutely rip this game and talk negative about it. Especially since I love the game and the series. But the online portion is so disappointing. I just want a place to just play free and enjoy the game and not be limited in certain things that I get such as weapons and helicopters. 

I just believe the game could be a whole lot better if they had a free mode feature. It was a huge reason why I loved the GTA 4 multiplayer. I could do whatever I wanted. No limits. This does not happen in GTA 5 and its disappointing to me.

Flame away I guess but thats just my opinion. Needed to get it out there.

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

I'm a little bit disappointed after losing my first character and cars disappearing.

Hoping things will get better

Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

I'm not disappointed. I have been having a lot of fun.

rockstargamer4life
  • rockstargamer4life

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

VERY DISSAPOINTED.......

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

No cops would mean easy stat padding. I could get stealth kills all day on civilians and have a full bar in like 10 minutes. 

RnG Ramen85
  • RnG Ramen85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

I'm done with the game... if I want to play it I will play singleplayer because I am just sick of the BS, I mean all I want to do is get in a buzzard or a cargo bob or whatever and just go make up a game with my friend... the reason I loved gta IV online was because I could just go let my imagination run loose and let it loose with my friends, for example in gta IV I spent a total of 15 hours playing a game with my friend where we would drive down the strip of downtown liberty city and try and kill each other with buzzards. Then I come to GTA V expecting the option to have that same freedom just with better graphics, physics, and new cars/features, but instead i'm met with a incredibly frustrating multiplayer. The multiplayer is frustrating because first off I have to spend a hell of a long time to earn any money and or to rank up to unlock things like guns or access to buzzards etc. and because the missions to get this stuff are ungodly boring and frustrating(I hate these death matches because all it does it raise my blood pressure, but I have to before I can start playing the game the way I want to, and that is not right.). The reason the missions are boring is because it's all "go here" "now here" I mean that just completely goes against GTA which is in my opinion freedom(don't say anything about how i should "deal with it" because I payed for this game with my hard earned money and I expected it to at least do what gta IV does just better and more options).

Rockstar please listen to your consumers, please add the option to have a free roam game, because I can assure you if it is not added I wont buy any of your DLC's and trust me i'm not alone, 4-10 people I have talked to, here and other places, are also disappointed by the lack of the option. People being dissapointed will lead to possibly half of those people not buying your DLC. 75%(amount of your customers that would purchase your dlc in an Idle world[out of the 29mil copys]) of your customers let's say 20% of those did not buy your DLC because you did not add this feature, you would be losing 435000 sales, and if you sell each dlc for 20 dollars you would lose around $87million dollars per dlc. Even if 1% of your customers didn't buy your dlc because of the lack of the feature you would lose around $4.35million which to me seems like good motivation to add the feature.

I have been trying to enjoy GTA online but to be completely honest I can't, Rockstar please, please, listen, and add the feature.

• Nasir_Jones likes this

LulzRoyce
  • LulzRoyce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

if i die even if the money is "safely" saved in the bank i still loose money every time I die, so that makes it impossible to actually earn money.

Don't die.

It's really that simple, my K/D ration is very high simply because a) I don't do deathmatches and b) when I intend on having a confrontation I make sure I have the upper hand (hide behind walls/cover and use auto-aim vs players in cars w/ no auto aim)

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:31 AM Edited by AfterDeath, 04 November 2013 - 06:31 AM.

I'm disappointed in GTA V in general, but I had very high expectations that's why.

A friend and I decided we wanted to make roadblocks at both ends of a tunnel and see how long we could hold off the cops. Nope, couldn't do it. The game deletes the cars after you put 3 or 4 in the same vicinity, even if you're standing right next to them.

There's freedom to do things, but not enough freedom. Any time you want to have fun the cops just show up, all 900 of them and it just turns into one big cop chase anyway. Everything about this game is surviving and running from the cops. Bring back the cops that could stand ten feet away from you and still miss when trying to shoot you. Those were the fun/funny days.

• RnG Ramen85 likes this

RnG Ramen85
  • RnG Ramen85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

if i die even if the money is "safely" saved in the bank i still loose money every time I die, so that makes it impossible to actually earn money.

Don't die.

It's really that simple, my K/D ration is very high simply because a) I don't do deathmatches and b) when I intend on having a confrontation I make sure I have the upper hand (hide behind walls/cover and use auto-aim vs players in cars w/ no auto aim)

please tell me your joking... don't die? your a retard

RnG Ramen85
  • RnG Ramen85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'm disappointed in GTA V in general, but I had very high expectations that's why.

A friend and I decided we wanted to make roadblocks at both ends of a tunnel and see how long we could hold off the cops. Nope, couldn't do it. The game deletes the cars after you put 3 or 4 in the same vicinity, even if you're standing right next to them.

There's freedom to do things, but not enough freedom. Any time you want to have fun the cops just show up, all 900 of them and it just turns into one big cop chase anyway. Everything about this game is surviving and running from the cops. Bring back the cops that could stand ten feet away from you and still miss when trying to shoot you. Those were the fun/funny days.

yeah i hear you, i think im going to play gta IV when i want to play gta online because all the good times i had in gta IV just lights up my day. I dont know, rockstar please fix this

screwloose88
  • screwloose88

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

kinda, but its a massive step forward from gta 4. which was basically a number of people just driving around the airport or doing death match's with 5 people.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:29 PM Edited by Raylion, 04 November 2013 - 09:34 PM.

I like GTA Online.  There are many things that can be improved, number of jobs from contacts, how crew lobbying is handled, mini gun ammo vanishing, the glitching etc...

BUT...

It has potential...I think when more features are added and a little more time has passed for existing features to be tweaked it will be a real powerhouse in the online/mmo world.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Get rid of those damn cyborg robots in uniforms you call "Police officers" for f*cks sake. I can't even have a big shoot out with other players without these damn pigs shoving their shotgun bullets up my ass everytime I fire a bullet. Give me back the Gta IV free roam option and a majority of Long time Gta players will be happy! I ain't buying sh*t from R* till they dumb down these cops or have an option to get rid of them.

Buzzards aren't even fun anymore, constantly swinging around in the air trying to aim at a vehicle going 200mph, annihilators are just as slow as R* trying to fix bugs. This game is sh*t, I love the new mechanics and graphics but I hate buying ammo, losing cash, boring jobs and those f*cking cyborg LSPD officers that are trained by navy seals.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

I get a bit sick of the cops too - if I kill people, sure, go nuts, but if I jack a car to get home after selling one at LSC, and I get one star, this does not warrant SIX cop cars as well as a loose cop in a random compact ramming me into a wall, hedging me in and blowing me away before I have time to say "Well, that escalated quickly...".

While I'm ranting, love the way one star shifts to two within 10 seconds when I've done nothing beyond what got me the first star. 

It's not that I think it's wrong or unfair, but it does get goddamned tiresome when every single thing you do comes with an inherent 5-minute cop chase that will at the very least bang up your car. 

RnG Ramen85
  • RnG Ramen85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

oh my god after one more month of playing this game it has become more frustrating then fun, for example i was just getting in a fight with people who were at an airstrip, it was SO FUN. Then i get two stars.... I then spent the next 30 minutes trying to get away but the cops kept getting me... im done, im just f*cking done, until they add the god damn option im done and im going to make sure my friends do not buy this wretched game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users