Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is anyone else disappointed by GTA V online?

80 replies to this topic
RnG Ramen85
  • RnG Ramen85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:48 AM Edited by RnG Ramen85, 14 October 2013 - 05:49 AM.

I expected a lot from GTA V online. I loved the single player and loved gta IV online... However with GTA V it is missing everything I loved.

For one, the money part of gta v is awesome however the fact I cannot safely keep any of it because if i die even if the money is "safely" saved in the bank i still loose money every time I die, so that makes it impossible to actually earn money.

Second there is no option to make a match that has no cops... I can not stand cops they are the bane of my existance, is it too much to ask to go downtown mow down a group of people run of their dead bodies and then set them all on fire, and have no one trying to kill me because of it? 

Third the fact that we cannot steal cars anymore, I mean Whenever i steal anything those f*cking pigs come over with their fat asses giggling and try and shoot me. I mean for f*ck sake

fourth it takes AGES to earn any money... it has taken me 3 hours to earn 10k dollars. Not to mention I lost 6k of that from being murdered by THOSE f*ckING PIGS!

All I wanted from gta v was the ability to start a freemode match with my friends and screw around(with added features of course like buying guns and upgrading cars etc)

Rockstar please for the love of god make a gamemode I can start that is called classic that I cannot earn money(or lose it), no cops, can use stores(from what you earn in game so like from robbing stores just you earn a lot more or stuff is much cheaper), and just have a good time with my friends getting drunk and murdering some poor folks on a leisurely stroll. Rockstar GTA V online is not fun instead it is ungodly frustrating please just make it so that people like me and my friends can actually have fun. Thank you

• cupkake likes this

human_enchilada
  • human_enchilada

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

GTA IV online was boring as f*ck, no extra activities no nothin. Just deathmatches and sh*t.

You sound like a noob, play it more and soon enough you'll enjoy it. If you had a crew if would be funner.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

3 hours to earn 10k? What exactly were you doing? 

• DBZMUSICBOY01 and beastjeffrey like this

DBZMUSICBOY01
  • DBZMUSICBOY01

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

In one hour I make over 60k doing races and death matches
  • Archie_Junior likes this

RnG Ramen85
  • RnG Ramen85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

first off i meant that the "Classic" is a different game mode so the current one is still available just people like me can actually enjoy their game

also i was doing missions, all i want to do is just mess around with friends and frankly the money thing and the cops disables me from doing that

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

I don't get how people can complain about the 2k you loose when you die. The most jobs I've played pay out about 4-8k. It's nowhere near impossible to earn money. Races is like 1.30 - 3 min long (most of them if 1 lap) and pays out good, you can easily earn 50k in a hour if not more.

RnG Ramen85
  • RnG Ramen85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

i dont think you understand the fact i like to just drive around and kill people with my friends... i die when i do this and am earning no money therefore i am losing a lot of money if i want to actually have fun and not play a f*cking deathmathc

human_enchilada
  • human_enchilada

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

i dont think you understand the fact i like to just drive around and kill people with my friends... i die when i do this and am earning no money therefore i am losing a lot of money if i want to actually have fun and not play a f*cking deathmathc

Stop b*tching and play passive mode, god damn you have a stick up your ass or somethin

RnG Ramen85
  • RnG Ramen85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

passive mode, you still lose money and you cant shoot random pedestrians... not my forte 

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

10k in 3 hours ?? Come on now .... With all the mission restart glitches on this game that's impossible .... you gotta make some more friends on there or ask around .... Everyone I know been doing it ...

but ... Ill say this ... I do miss the auto aim less free modes where people would kill each other just to kill and have fun ... now missions are more of the focus so your gonna have to get used to it

jongameslap
  • jongameslap

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

Grand Theft Auto Online is an extremely ambitious online game, with an incredible amount of high aspirations, especially for it being available to play on current-gen hardware such as the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. So much hard work, thought, and dedication was poured into this game - GTA Online has been in Rockstar's thought process since the initial launch of Grand Theft Auto III, so the release of GTA Online means a lot to both Rockstar, and many of us dedicated fans here on the forums. Grand Theft Auto Online represents years of hard work and dedication from an experienced team of dedicated developers who have learned how to properly use and manipulate current-gen hardware to creating massively ambitious game titles, and with GTA Online, Rockstar have taken a very bold direction, with a stunning amount of ambitious ideals. GTA Online is something special; something that will evolve overtime thanks to ongoing community feedback and the constant tech support provided by Rockstar. Technical issues should be expected with a game like this, considering the scale of the game. GTA Online is currently going through the teething process as it continues to pass through the first few initial weeks of game launch, so for those who continue to pertain to ongoing technical complications, please sit tight and remain patient - with a game like this, patience, and time are required.

Also: GTA Online is everything I wanted, and more - I appreciate the ambitious approach Rockstar have taken.  

RnG Ramen85
  • RnG Ramen85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

yeah well i hope they implement the option to just revisit the "old days"

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

ehh I wouldn't call it a disappointment, its just that it got off on a rocky start. aside from the f*cked up servers that made the game unplayable in the first few days, I'll say that some of the glitching and low paying jobs and what not are pretty unbalanced and its something R* could improve on with a simple patch or dlc. The potential is there and I'm enjoying the hell outta it, like addicted! But I do understand theres some balancing issues that needs to be worked out.

but my only real complaint is how skimpy the jobs pay you, I mean there was one mission that I was chasing a car down for Simeon for 45 mins ACROSS THE ENTIRE STATE, finally got the car, as tore-up as it was, only to be paid a measly 2 g's for my hard work. Same with Gerald, stickin up all these deadly drug deals trying to steal $100k worth of drugs only to be repaid a grand or two.

but thats just me venting. I still enjoy this game alot lol

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

Are you honestly kidding me? I make over 100K a day doing missions, races, deathmatches, and still use some money to f*ck around like call Merry Weather to go hit someone for $7,500. 

MikeMcfly
  • MikeMcfly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

1) You don't lose THAT much money if you die, come on. Robbing a store can get you an easy 1k - 3k and selling a car is also an easy 3 - 7k. Plus doing missions and jobs gets you a lot of money, so I'm not seeing how it's "impossible" to earn.

2) All jobs have the option to have no wanted level. If you meant actual free roam or missions without cops, then you're wishing too hard. Plus it'd be boring as hell without them. Where's the fun in blowing up cars and killing people without cops trying to stop you?

3) We have garages, it's no point in us stealing cars anymore since we have personalized ones and are able to make a call to get them in around 10 seconds. As far as stealing them, do it when there's no cops around.

4) It took you 3 HOURS to earn 10k? What the hell are you doing man?! You can earn 10k in about 10 minutes, or less depending on the mission(s). Also....you lost 6k from the cops? How did you even manage to have that happen?

5) You just said you don't want to earn/lose money, but you want stores that cost money. What....

6) I read that all you do is f*ck around with your friends in free roam, and that's cool and all but for you to complain about not earning any money, realize that you aren't DOING anything. Even the people with millions of dollars that they got from spamming missions at least put in effort to earn it.

In closing, no cops won't be removed as it's part of GTA. And if you want to just drive, drink, shoot and kill with your friends, have one of your more wealthy ones give you some money that you'll obviously need when you die.

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

EPIC FAIL 10k in 3 hours.LOL..get in a crew m8,with some higher rp levels to help ya rank up and get on the cash.the community in game are sound.im on 360 tho.dont roll with what that music company made as a games box.LOL

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Well GTA Online wasn't really designed to just 'mess about with friends'.

It was designed to do jobs, missions, etc, so if you want to mess about then you'll have to do some missions first. 

1 x 10k mission and you can die 5 times...prob solved.

Or you could just start a mission with friends and then mess about during the mission as deaths won't lose you money then.

dragonstara29
  • dragonstara29

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

GTA IV online was boring as f*ck, no extra activities no nothin. Just deathmatches and sh*t.

You sound like a noob, play it more and soon enough you'll enjoy it. If you had a crew if would be funner.

Doesn't stop the fact that most of the time it just feels like you're doing a chore. Money is a real pain to even get. Sure, crews would make it fun, but doing the same missions over and over again will get quite boring. 

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

I Think GTA O is better then GTAIV Online, but I Did like the pvp better in GTAIV, In GTAIV Online everyone expected to get pvped in free roam and nobody complained and moaned about it. Now we have this Bad Sport Idea and Passive mode(pvp mode) that doesn't work. But I Do like allot of the aspects in GTA O, Like many activities, Invite only sessions, skilling up, Car Modifications etc.

Boxiom
  • Boxiom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

The game is as much fun as you make it. I'm having tons of fun just messing around with my friends.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

This. It's been said time and time again to people who insist on making threads about how better IV's MP is better than  V. As suggested before if you're not enjoying yourself on V then you can simply go back to GTA IV Online, it's that simple.

CooL_StYleR_2013
  • CooL_StYleR_2013

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Get frienda

Anullu
  • Anullu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Crying-Baby-2-1024x682.jpg

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Not really no. To be disappointed, I would have had to have my hopes up. Even though the Online trailer looked intriguing, most of the problems I have with MP I had already anticipated.

I don't think it's bad, it's just not that fun compared to SP.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

the crew stuff needs to better worked out -  the crew aspect i was looking foward to alot - but it seems really bare bone atm . 

ie - cops and robbers -

being able to control specific areas of the map would be nice, guess u can do that in role play, but having map indicators would be ideal

ability to let people wear police or emergency related clothes

different mission types especially

xterrorist
  • xterrorist

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

The cops are so easy to lose they are boring more then anything.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Not me I actually like it...

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

GTA Online has been great so far, because it's new, but for me, nothing will probably ever beat GTA IV's Mafiya Work. Rockstar even took out all the finesse of driving and the tricks you could pull off with the heli ... plus Joust-like fights with multiple Mavericks. I loved taking on three or four other pilots and being the only one left in the air. Sigh...

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

I was getting there about a week ago where it was boring.  I would go solo, make some cash and level up.  Then....bounties happened, bounties are the best thing ever, having a bounty on you and having to constantly watch you back on live has brought my game to a whole new level, last night I had three brilliant hours of joy as player after player made attempts on my life.  Someone with a sniper rifle finally collected on my $9000 bounty and instead of being mad, I was happy to have the monkey off my back and too a little sad that every white blip wasn't heading my way.  Shake it up a bit, play solo, play in groups, get a bounty and go on the run for some crates, with each level comes new opportunities and different experiences, if you are a low level it can get tedius, but leveling up happens fast and more of the game opens up.

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

I love it, its what I expected and I love the feeling that there is lots of stuff coming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users