Quantcast

» «
Photo

I predict there won't be a GTA 6..Here's why!

51 replies to this topic
DatDudeDB
  • DatDudeDB

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:08 AM

GTA ONLINE runs on a Cloud Server...Meaning our progress we do now can transfer to various platforms, including next gen platforms.

More than likely there will be PS4/Xbox One GTA V re-release, shortly after the pc version most likely. 

I imagine once GTA V is released to every platform (360, PS3, PC, Xbox One, PS4) and has saturated it's potential player base, they will release GTA Online as a Free To Play title that will be a Stand Alone game that you can download off of PSN, Xbox Live, and Steam. 

So why do I think there won't be a GTA 6 in the end of it all?

1. GTA V had a budget that reached 260 million, only behind Pirates of The Carribean (300 Million) as the most costly entertainment budget ever in the entertainment medium (films, shows, books, games, etc). The transition to Next Gen Consoles, along with loftier player "expectations" will no doubt inflate the budget once again, and could potentially bring it near 300 Million. 

The problem with that though is that you are taking a gamble. Higher production costs must equate to higher returns. No, GTA isn't a brand that's stagnating, but still one could question if this obstacle (of inflated future gta iteration budgets) is something of a concern for Rockstar and it's Publisher Take-2. 

2. Creating these titles takes Rockstar on Average 5 years to develop, and the work that comes along with recreating a whole new city from scratch, while developing new characters and narratives is something that is a big undertaking. 

3. Microtransactions

So here's ultimately why GTA Online might be the end to a potential GTA 6.

1. Adding additional content will be much quicker and speedier due to the Cloud Servers. 

2. Rockstar discussed wanting to add Liberty City as a playable world in the future, meaning this could open possible new cities ..and when adding new cities what stops from Rockstar simply adding a new city with some new missions rather than a whole new 300 million stand alone release. 

3. Microtransactions. It's much more cheaper for Rockstar to add new content and cities via the cloud server rather than make a whole new standalone release. Plus, online allows for microtransactions, which by providing constant feed of new items to purchase, you will constantly be getting profits for simply changing a line of code for 19.99. 

I just think that in the end we will have a free to play GTA Universe, with various cities, and content to purchase...

• Strix aluco likes this

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

I didn't really read but I'm pretty sure there is going to be a GTA VI...

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

I predict that you're a troll.

Razed-
  • Razed-

aka DarkRebirth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

Go away. He isn't trolling, he has very valid points in his post.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

There will be a GTA VI. So he is trolling by saying there won't be. Why  the f*ck would R* stop making one of their most successful franchises in history that makes billions and billions of dollars? Seems kind of retarded to even think they would stop making it.

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

They made at least $740 million profit off of GTA V. So what if they spend ~$300 million making the next one because they'll still make a huge amount of profit once again. Not every one will buy microtransactions and the money they make off of it won't be enough to keep GTAO running constantly in the long run. Players will eventually get bored of the game, even if new maps are added. Coding a huge new world like Liberty City will take up man hours and those coders will new need to get paid. Sure, they already have the LC map from IV but they'll need to add details to it, improve the graphics and add things that will make it seem like V's world. All this will need $ and it will just be smarter to make a new game.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

He's right they won't be not for a very long time..think about it rpckstar have to build a whole new engine for next gen like they did with gta iv of coursewe will see more gta games there iconic & makes over a billion but not for a long long long time maybe 10 yrs

Bosk
  • Bosk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:33 AM Edited by Bosk, 14 October 2013 - 05:33 AM.

I agree that its more economical for R* to add new content to the online game rather than working on a completely new title, and by charging for DLC there I'm sure there's money to be made by doing it to say nothing of microtransactions.

Problem is they can't keep on adding new content to an existing engine indefinitely. Take a look at World of Warcraft and you'll see why.

Owners of next gen platforms will demand new games with engines that take advantage of their hardware.

I'd be surprised if R* aren't working on GTA VI as we speak. Players won't want to wait another 5 years for the next GTA game and they're sure to have multiple teams working on different games.

swooshboy
  • swooshboy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

They made at least $740 million profit off of GTA V. So what if they spend ~$300 million making the next one because they'll still make a huge amount of profit once again. Not every one will buy microtransactions and the money they make off of it won't be enough to keep GTAO running constantly in the long run. Players will eventually get bored of the game, even if new maps are added. Coding a huge new world like Liberty City will take up man hours and those coders will new need to get paid. Sure, they already have the LC map from IV but they'll need to add details to it, improve the graphics and add things that will make it seem like V's world. All this will need $ and it will just be smarter to make a new game.

No they didn't - they took over $1 billion in revenue over the first few days, and yes, the game cost around $260million to produce. But that $1 billion does not solely go to Rockstar.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

we used to get a gta every couple of yrs im hoping for that again 5 yrs is to long to wait but with this been next gen we could be waiting even longer

NightHawkx187x
  • NightHawkx187x

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

There will be a GTA VI. So he is trolling by saying there won't be. Why  the f*ck would R* stop making one of their most successful franchises in history that makes billions and billions of dollars? Seems kind of retarded to even think they would stop making it.

How is that trolling? He actually stated facts to back up his statement.. Of course there will be another GTA, R* already said they have 45 years worth of ideas.

• dshadowm32 likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:01 AM Edited by AceKingston, 14 October 2013 - 06:01 AM.

Benzies already confirmed that they have ideas for GTA VI, so your argument is flawed I am afraid.

http://gtaforums.com...r-north-part-1/

• Matty likes this

human_enchilada
  • human_enchilada

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

The OP of this thread? Albert Einstein

bensons
  • bensons

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

Uh it's just simple inflation, everything gets more expensive every day.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

we used to get a gta every couple of yrs im hoping for that again 5 yrs is to long to wait but with this been next gen we could be waiting even longer

Actually, with the PS4 and XBox One being closer to PCs, development time will be a hell of a lot shorter. I predict GTA VI in 3-4 years.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

Considering the profit they must have made off of this game, they would be fools not to work on another GTA game. GTA Online isn't a replacement for single player GTA games and it never was. If anything GTA Online will be updated alongside future single player games. That's where they'll get their new characters to give us more online missions and such. 

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:15 AM Edited by NYdreamz, 14 October 2013 - 06:18 AM.

in the end ... You said "free to play GTA" ... but imma say it straight up like this ... If GTA just stopped at V with online (which Is Impossible) and just continue to add on cloud ... there's most def gonna be a monthly cost added to whatever service your paying for (Live or PSplus)

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

I dont predict, i KNOW there will be one, een if R* were to sudenly fall apart and never recover the property name whould sell in a minute and somone else whould do it.

DatDudeDB
  • DatDudeDB

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

lol at troll comments :p

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

GTA ONLINE runs on a Cloud Server...Meaning our progress we do now can transfer to various platforms, including next gen platforms.

More than likely there will be PS4/Xbox One GTA V re-release, shortly after the pc version most likely. 

I imagine once GTA V is released to every platform (360, PS3, PC, Xbox One, PS4) and has saturated it's potential player base, they will release GTA Online as a Free To Play title that will be a Stand Alone game that you can download off of PSN, Xbox Live, and Steam. 

So why do I think there won't be a GTA 6 in the end of it all?

1. GTA V had a budget that reached 260 million, only behind Pirates of The Carribean (300 Million) as the most costly entertainment budget ever in the entertainment medium (films, shows, books, games, etc). The transition to Next Gen Consoles, along with loftier player "expectations" will no doubt inflate the budget once again, and could potentially bring it near 300 Million. 

The problem with that though is that you are taking a gamble. Higher production costs must equate to higher returns. No, GTA isn't a brand that's stagnating, but still one could question if this obstacle (of inflated future gta iteration budgets) is something of a concern for Rockstar and it's Publisher Take-2. 

2. Creating these titles takes Rockstar on Average 5 years to develop, and the work that comes along with recreating a whole new city from scratch, while developing new characters and narratives is something that is a big undertaking. 

3. Microtransactions

So here's ultimately why GTA Online might be the end to a potential GTA 6.

1. Adding additional content will be much quicker and speedier due to the Cloud Servers. 

2. Rockstar discussed wanting to add Liberty City as a playable world in the future, meaning this could open possible new cities ..and when adding new cities what stops from Rockstar simply adding a new city with some new missions rather than a whole new 300 million stand alone release. 

3. Microtransactions. It's much more cheaper for Rockstar to add new content and cities via the cloud server rather than make a whole new standalone release. Plus, online allows for microtransactions, which by providing constant feed of new items to purchase, you will constantly be getting profits for simply changing a line of code for 19.99. 

I just think that in the end we will have a free to play GTA Universe, with various cities, and content to purchase...

I didn't even bother reading. Want to know why there's a GTA VI coming? GTA V made 1 billion in 3 DAYS. 

GTA will sell millions just with the name alone.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

There will absolutely be another GTA.  With GTA V making record breaking profit it would be madness not to produce another one.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Ah man this is such bullsh*t, also you realise Rockstar have already said they've over '45 Years worth of ideas up their sleeve' and are currently thinking about locations for GTA 6.

So it's set in stone, always has been. You'd be mad to think they'd stop making the biggest gaming title in history, after the 5th Instalment has done so well for them.

JvG-90
  • JvG-90

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

There will be a next gta for the new consoles, its just going to take another 5 years or so.

GR0VE4LIF3
  • GR0VE4LIF3

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

DIDNT READ LOLOLOL

fatgaz182
  • fatgaz182

The Duke of Dukes

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

GTA6 will already be in blueprint/story/location already I would have thought on paper.

GR0VE4LIF3
  • GR0VE4LIF3

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

GTA6 will already be in blueprint/story/location already I would have thought on paper.

yes pls

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

haha, how would producing gta VI be a 'gamble'? After GTA V was the best selling game of all time, I think they might be tempted to make another...

Plus GTA Online is terrible. Not everyone is a massive fan of online multiplayer. They still need single player where the environment is more controlled, and they have an interesting storyline. 

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:01 AM Edited by jamieleng, 14 October 2013 - 10:04 AM.

It will be very sad & if this is the future of gaming, then I really have outgrown it, or it's outgrown me.

I would rather pay £80 for a standalone GTA, as opposed to a 'Free to have your wallet raped' model you propose.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Of course there'll be a GTA 6, just not for a long time imo.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

Ummm, acually, he doesn't. And there will be a GTA VI. 

• TakinThyBacon likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users