Quantcast

» «
Photo

Keeping Super Rare cars from missions...

30 replies to this topic
DeriusT
  • DeriusT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

Is it possible?  I heard you can keep certain cars that are only available in missions by putting them in your garage?  Looking specifically at the "I fought the law" mission and the cheetah or the Entity xf.  Anyone know how or if this works?

MesaGrande
  • MesaGrande

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

Lol just for sh*ts and gigs I kept the Mexican mariachi Tornado Convertible from the border patrol mission. I also have two Merryweather Jeeps. I don't know how far into the game you are, but take advantage of The Wrap Up mission or the movie premier mission. Those are your only two shots at getting a nice Jeep. Make sure you store your rare vehicles in a bought garage, not a safe house.

DeriusT
  • DeriusT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

So one of the four car garages given to each character won't work?

Lord_Ant_Warrior
  • Lord_Ant_Warrior

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:13 PM Edited by Lord_Ant_Warrior, 14 October 2013 - 12:28 PM.

I believe the reason so many people are finding it difficult to store certain vehicles in safehouse garages is because this particular game has something about mission-specific vehicles. Specifically, that they are coded to disappear from history after each mission ends. Remember, as these cars are "scripted" they are essentially part of different coding to regular cars. I started thinking this when I tried on several occasions to store the Police Crown Vic from "Good Husband" yet multiple times it disappeared after loading. Or in some cases, directly after saving. Then later on, I stored Dave's Oracle from one of the FIB missions, and low and behold it disappeared. Yet I have had a Sheriff Cruiser in the exact same garage since about the 12th mission! The game has been deleting the cars next to it. It's not an issue of garage space either- I stored other vehicles next to the Cruiser with absolutely no issues on numerous occasions. Yet when it comes to vehicles obtained from missions, they simply vanish.

On topic- I tried obtaining all of the Devin mission vehicles, but the only one I had any success with is the F620 (From Ballad of Gay Tony, and seems to be one of those "ultra-rare" spawns in this game). The others are special vehicles that are tied to mission success or failure. Whenever you try to enter any of the garages with proper interiors, there isn't a marker. I am assuming however, that it is possible to obtain the Z-Type and the JB by achieving mission failure by some other means- i.e. to kill Devin before you reach the marker to deliver each respective car to him. Then I'm guessing you'll respawn with the vehicle after you reject the mission replay. I only ever did this with the FIB Granger from Hotel Assassination and it does work, so maybe somebody can try and confirm that this also works for the Devin missions?

EDIT:  I must add though, that because the other garages have proper interiors, they have no trouble storing "scripted vehicles". Again, I tried this on several occasions and have had success. Just not with safehouse garages. The main issue with cars such as the Cheetah, the Koenegsegg (forgot the in-game name) and the Z-Type are that you simply cannot enter the special garages.

DeriusT
  • DeriusT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

Thank you for the information.  I am going to give some of the things you suggested a try.  Anyone else have any luck with these special vehicles?

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

It's pretty gosh darn simple. Start the mission and run off with the vehicle. When it asks if you want to replay, say no. Too bad you can't replay though.

baseb
  • baseb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

You can get the cognoscenti gt (Bentley) from a mission fairly easily as you can jump in and just drive off with it after the mission. Also the pegassi vacca (gallardo) can be gotten from the epsilon missions just go to the location its parked and drive it to your 4 car garage. When you go back there should be another one spawned which can be used for the mission (or a 2nd vacca if you really like them).

DeriusT
  • DeriusT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

I have done those with the garage, but like ant warrior said above, they continue to dissappear on me afterwards.  I did that with the vacca, it gone.  Also, on the mission with the cheetah and the entity xf or whatever where you race them, it would not let me put them in the garage, and I have never seen either of those spawn in the game world randomly.  Maybe you just have to buy them period to keep them?

Laggard
  • Laggard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Speaking of cars disappearing, many hours ago I stole a supercar and it has been in my garage ever since.  I even dropped $40000 on upgrades with no problem.

I'd heard that you are not allowed to keep stolen cars or get them updated.

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

I was able to keep the XF from "I Fought the Law" as Michael by stopping at the Pay-N-Spray and modding it. In fact, I just resprayed it. After the mission, it was at the Impound. I wanted to get a Cheetah for Franklin, but couldn't figure a way to do it. The other guys won't get out of the cars.

I really wanted a Monroe from the "Pack Man" mission, but all the Pay-n-Sprays were "closed." Same with the other cars from these missions.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

i once saved that pink convertable  from the one mission where you are supposed to take that pic of that famous girl after she crashed her car into the tree and got arrested .  i  just got into the car after she was led away by the cops and saved it lol

BulletProdigy
  • BulletProdigy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Is it possible?  I heard you can keep certain cars that are only available in missions by putting them in your garage?  Looking specifically at the "I fought the law" mission and the cheetah or the Entity xf.  Anyone know how or if this works?

Actually, for the Entity XF and Cheetah, from the I Fought the Law Mission Given by Devin, you must follow certain steps to keep the cars.  You cannot just fail the mission (via killing allies or abandoning the car) or the cars will just disappear when you fail and exit the mission.

Here's how to get them both:

1.) Proceed with the mission following all directions until you get to the part where Michael and Trevor get into the hedge-fund kid's cars.

2.) At that point you may switch between Michael who is in the Entity XF and Trevor who is in the Cheetah.

3.) Choose which car you want and, instead just racing off to the meeting place to drop the cars off to Devin, go to a Los Santos Customs shop and mod the vehicle (re-spray).

4.) After you leave the Los Santos Customs in the newly modded vehicle, simply exit it and run away.  Fail the mission and exit it.

5.) You may then go to the vehicle impound and pick it up for $250.

* Repeat steps 1-5 of the mission and do the same for the other vehicle if you want both.

** If you want all your characters to have both, it's a bit tricky but doable (this can be done with any car in the game).  Just follow the steps provided by this vid on youtube:

GTA V:How to switch cars with other characters
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4hCOoqUZWNg

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

.....Or you can just buy them, lol

.....Or you can spawn them with a save editor, lol

......You can even spawn the North Yankton snow vehicles with a save editor in Single Player and SAVE them in ANY garage, lol

......Stinger GT and Annihilator Helicopter from Online also can be obtained in Single Player with the editor, lol

Check it out if you're in the dark!  Lost a vehicle?  It can be obtained again within seconds with the editor.  It's the best thing ever for GTA V.  I never used such things in past GTA games, but V it's a must to be able to store a Titan, Skylift, Stinger GT, Annihilator, Mod planes, helicopters, boats, police vehicles, etc...

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

I was very disappointed with the severe lack of rare vehicles in this game.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Why would you be disappointed in such a random thing? Besides, there was a fair amount of rare vehicles in V. Probably more so than any other GTA.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Why would you be disappointed in such a random thing? Besides, there was a fair amount of rare vehicles in V. Probably more so than any other GTA.

I surely couldn't have been the only one who played through every GTA since 3 just looking for rare vehicles, and there is NO way, in any way shape or form, did V have more rare vehicles than any other GTA. I'd say V had the LEAST amount of rare vehicles, next to 3, then Vice, then IV, and then lastly SA. It's not really something that's all that random, actually?

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

Remember Vice City and that cool brown/red colored Limo?  And the EVERYTHING PROOF Admiral obtained from missions, and several other proof vehicles?!

I am with you dude ^^^^

Rare and/or Proofed vehicles were a MAJOR let down in this game.  I've also done the same in GTA III, and San Andreas.  Also a big fan of doing this since the beginning!  V is the absolute worst in series for rare/proof vehicles.  The closest "proof" vehicle in V is the Police Riot which is only 80% bulletproof.  Two windows are NOT and the four tires are NOT.  That's the best you're gonna do....

• Blingy likes this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

Remember Vice City and that cool brown/red colored Limo?  And the EVERYTHING PROOF Admiral obtained from missions, and several other proof vehicles?!

I am with you dude ^^^^

Rare and/or Proofed vehicles were a MAJOR let down in this game.  I've also done the same in GTA III, and San Andreas.  Also a big fan of doing this since the beginning!  V is the absolute worst in series for rare/proof vehicles.  The closest "proof" vehicle in V is the Police Riot which is only 80% bulletproof.  Two windows are NOT and the four tires are NOT.  That's the best you're gonna do....

The Cuban Hermes in Guardian Angels, the Bulletproof Romero from Two Bit Hit, the FBI Truck from San An, the Black/Red BF Injection, I could keep going on honestly. I don't consider a rare car in this game having a vanity plate. It's just not the same as a bitchin' ass everything proof Mercedes.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by Militia, 28 January 2014 - 10:03 PM.

^^^^, I wish I could like this 1000 times.  LOL, exactly dude.  I also miss GTA III's setup with the crane delivery of vehicles, also the three garages, one on each island, Portland, Staunton Island, and ShoresideVale, where a list of vehicles for 100% completion had to be delivered there.

I didn't get ALL the "proof" and "special" vehicles but most.

Simply the rarity of the Mr. Whoopee in GTA III was nice to have!  It was also a vehicle you must deliver to the Portland garage.  I liked how once you delivered all the police/army vehicles to the crane, and the list of vehicles + Dodo to the garages, how it allowed you to go back after and use any of these vehicles!  Past GTA games were BETTER than V, and had tons more rare and cool vehicles.

In San Andreas, I got the SWAT Tank from the very last mission = ), saved in the safehouse that looks like Franklin's safehouse now in Vinewood lol

I gotta turn on GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas again soon!  You're making me remember the glorious days of GTA and getting 100% completion and the rarest/coolest vehicles in the game!

• Blingy likes this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

^^^^, I wish I could like this 1000 times.  LOL, exactly dude.  I also miss GTA III's setup with the crane delivery of vehicles, also the three garages, one on each island, Portland, Staunton Island, and ShoresideVale, where a list of vehicles for 100% completion had to be delivered there.

I didn't get ALL the "proof" and "special" vehicles but most.

Simply the rarity of the Mr. Whoopee in GTA III was nice to have!  It was also a vehicle you must deliver to the Portland garage.  I liked how once you delivered all the police/army vehicles to the crane, and the list of vehicles + Dodo to the garages, how it allowed you to go back after and use any of these vehicles!  Past GTA games were BETTER than V, and had tons more rare and cool vehicles.

In San Andreas, I got the SWAT Tank from the very last mission = ), saved in the safehouse that looks like Franklin's safehouse now in Vinewood lol

I gotta turn on GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas again soon!  You're making me remember the glorious days of GTA and getting 100% completion and the rarest/coolest vehicles in the game!

Remember how the Phoenix was ridiculously hard to find and the only way you found out was doing the races? The SpandEx delivery van in Vice City, the Love Fist limo?! I also did like the Mr. Whoopee in GTA 3, I wasted numerous hours of my life just spectating and waiting for that jingle to come by. You had hoped you could run fast enough, or else the game would eat it up if you turned around! I was a solid believer in trying to get the Andromeda in San An tho, a vehicle so big you couldn't even put it in a hanger..

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Phoenix, yeah....Lol

Yeah, the Love Fist Limo is what I got in Vice City, that red/brown small Limo, it's from a mission.  I haven't played these in so long, but I got my 100% saves and the games still and can play them anytime I want.

Btw, I got my Mr. Whoopee from a mission in GTA III.  Near the very beginning of the game in Portland there was a mission with the Triads I believe.  Instantly I drove that thing to the Portland garage, near where the crane was for the police/army vehicles and put it in there.  Once I finished doing that garage, I could come back ANYTIME and use it anytime I wanted.  Getting it to spawn was rare in traffic, I think this entire time owning GTA III, it spawned in traffic (without me driving one myself) like 6 times, in a decade or longer, very rare car!  Glad I got it from the mission or I maybe never of gotten to 100%.

In GTA III, I remember I have a Bulletproof, fire proof, and explosion proof Barracks, but not damage proof.  Or maybe it's not fire proof, etc.  I can't remember the proofings on them anymore as it's been so long, but I surely got most and my favorite proofed vehicles and/or rare vehicles saved in all of III, Vice City, San Andreas.

• Blingy likes this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Phoenix, yeah....Lol

Yeah, the Love Fist Limo is what I got in Vice City, that red/brown small Limo, it's from a mission.  I haven't played these in so long, but I got my 100% saves and the games still and can play them anytime I want.

Btw, I got my Mr. Whoopee from a mission in GTA III.  Near the very beginning of the game in Portland there was a mission with the Triads I believe.  Instantly I drove that thing to the Portland garage, near where the crane was for the police/army vehicles and put it in there.  Once I finished doing that garage, I could come back ANYTIME and use it anytime I wanted.  Getting it to spawn was rare in traffic, I think this entire time owning GTA III, it spawned in traffic (without me driving one myself) like 6 times, in a decade or longer, very rare car!  Glad I got it from the mission or I maybe never of gotten to 100%.

In GTA III, I remember I have a Bulletproof, fire proof, and explosion proof Barracks, but not damage proof.  Or maybe it's not fire proof, etc.  I can't remember the proofings on them anymore as it's been so long, but I surely got most and my favorite proofed vehicles and/or rare vehicles saved in all of III, Vice City, San Andreas.

I remember there was a fire proof? or a damage proof Feltzer in San Andreas, and there was a set of Lowriders from one of the missions you had to do where they were all everything proof, or they were bulletproof. But yeah, I think the mission you're talking about is when you have to Grenade the mobsters buying Ice Cream out by the docks in III. I always wanted to take that van but I never really wondered how :/

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, tons of great vehicles in the past, that's for sure.  You're absolutely right, it was that mission in GTA III where I got Mr. Whoopee.  If I failed missions or screwed anything up, I would just reload.  I used to always save after each mission so by 100%, I'd had 0 Deaths, 0 Times Busted, 0 Cheat Codes Used, etc.  And if I f*cked up a chance of getting a special vehicle, I could just re-do it.

The SWAT Tank at the final mission in San Andreas was pretty difficult to steal and save if I recall correctly.  It's nice though.  It's colored blue and has bigger tires on it and goes faster.  I forget it if shoots anything, but I do know it has a cannon it like the Rhino Tank does, etc.

I also remember I have an EVERYTHING proof PCJ 600, but it sucks since if you hit anything, you will fly off it and die and/or lose a lot of health.  You're not protected like a car or van, etc with a metal box surrounding you lol

• Blingy likes this

Canucks
  • Canucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:02 PM Edited by Canucks, 28 January 2014 - 11:03 PM.

I got the vacca and merry weather in the one mission!hahaha greedy basterd i couldn't choose
get in one car drive 15 feet,get in the other drive 30 ft..... and on ,and on
And then i finished the game with 2 billion...Thats ten minutes i will never get back

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Yeah, tons of great vehicles in the past, that's for sure.  You're absolutely right, it was that mission in GTA III where I got Mr. Whoopee.  If I failed missions or screwed anything up, I would just reload.  I used to always save after each mission so by 100%, I'd had 0 Deaths, 0 Times Busted, 0 Cheat Codes Used, etc.  And if I f*cked up a chance of getting a special vehicle, I could just re-do it.

The SWAT Tank at the final mission in San Andreas was pretty difficult to steal and save if I recall correctly.  It's nice though.  It's colored blue and has bigger tires on it and goes faster.  I forget it if shoots anything, but I do know it has a cannon it like the Rhino Tank does, etc.

I also remember I have an EVERYTHING proof PCJ 600, but it sucks since if you hit anything, you will fly off it and die and/or lose a lot of health.  You're not protected like a car or van, etc with a metal box surrounding you lol

Hahah that's so funny, a good friend of mine does that to his game as well. It's a real challenge, but I feel like if you want a serious challenge then that's what you have to do. It really makes the game feel and seem more realistic, considering you only have one life to live. Not to mention getting all of the extras in it are an obvious choice to do if you're going to set out to make a perfect gamesave. Who says rare and hard to find vehicles aren't important when the name is Grand Theft Auto?

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Hahah that's so funny, a good friend of mine does that to his game as well. It's a real challenge, but I feel like if you want a serious challenge then that's what you have to do. It really makes the game feel and seem more realistic, considering you only have one life to live. Not to mention getting all of the extras in it are an obvious choice to do if you're going to set out to make a perfect gamesave. Who says rare and hard to find vehicles aren't important when the name is Grand Theft Auto?

This exactly.  You might as well PM me and talk about this kinds of stuff.  I PM a lot of people, but none of them own the past GTA games.  I'll never get rid of those or my game saves, absolutely epic and no cheat codes used or any mods used, etc.

That's how I look at it as well, you only got one life, you die, you lose.  Lol  All my game saves are like that, including GTA V = )

• Blingy likes this

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

Remember when you stole awesome cars in Grand Theft Auto instead of buying them? Sheesh! Maybe it should be called Grand Purchase Auto, now?

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by Militia, 29 January 2014 - 01:07 PM.

Remember when you stole awesome cars in Grand Theft Auto instead of buying them? Sheesh! Maybe it should be called Grand Purchase Auto, now?

I somewhat agree, but also somewhat disagree.  Past GTA games, like GTA III, Vice City, and even San Andreas didn't have a HUGE selection of cars.  Sure, there was a good amount, but NOTHING like GTA V.  GTA V just has too many cars, and too many good cars.  Plus not enough space to store everything we want!  I like being able to buy vehicles, even MORE vehicles than we can now just for the quick convenience of getting the car I want.  I also agree though about stealing them.  Finding a car that you were searching for a long time, always has a great feeling when you spot it and steal it and store/save it!  I'd rather search for vehicles instead of buying them no doubt.  But since Rockstar f*cked up the helipad/hanger system and items that we STEAL will disappear once we switch items in the D-Pad like the Tank.  If I stole it and stored it, shouldn't it also be in my list on the D-Pad?  But it's not, and that is the way Rockstar designed the game.  It's horrible imo that I can't use my Tank unless I "get rid of" my Lazer.  Although, I don't save the game, so I can technically use my Tank, and then turn the game off and reload, and my Lazer will be back.  But it's just stupid that what we steal isn't in our D-Pad list of items/vehicles like stuff we buy is.  Hence why I somewhat disagree with you, if Rockstar is designing this flawed system this way, then sure, I want to be able to buy EVERYTHING, including the Lazer, which we can't even buy!  The Attack Chopper f*cking sucks, but I bought that at least for all three characters.  I stole the Lazer for all three characters, too, plus bought a Tank for each character as well as the Crusader and Barracks.

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

We have a thread for unique vehicles and we have found a lot lateley i will do a big vechicle dump in the thread in a few hours. I will take pics for people who cant too.

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:42 PM Edited by sudon't, 30 January 2014 - 10:47 PM.

I like being able to buy vehicles

I see no problem with being able to buy vehicles, and I think the Tracker/Insurance deal for Personal Vehicles is great, but in a game called Grand Theft Auto, you should be able steal NRP cars and keep them. Just make them rare in the game, as they are IRL. That's mostly how it goes in GTA V Story Mode, and correct me if I'm wrong, that's always how it went in the past. I was extremely disappointed to learn I'd either have to pay insane amounts of money if I wanted a decent ride Online, or just do without. Few of the stealable cars have enough traction to be useful, or they're so slow that traction isn't an issue. The Fusilade is the one exception I've found.
And it seems to me that GTA V is the hardest GTA to make money in, both Story Mode and Online. If some modder hadn't dropped a Xmas bundle on me, I'd probably still be living in my two-car garage, driving a Dominator.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users