Can you get rid of your bad sport stat?

83 replies to this topic
I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

My friend and I were just screwing around on free roam and we got into a war with some players. He happened to kill them enough to become a bad sport, and now we can't play together. Will it go away overtime, or will he stay like that? If not, that's f*cking stupid.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

My friend and I were just screwing around on free roam and we got into a war with some players. He happened to kill them enough to become a bad sport, and now we can't play together. Will it go away overtime, or will he stay like that? If not, that's f*cking stupid.

So that's what happens when you get bad sport? Can he still play online? 

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

Yes but you're restricted to servers inhabited by complete assholes.

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

That's retarded. Servers need more variety and it's not that much fun from my perspective if everybody on the server is a "good" or "bad" guy. 

• was it green likes this

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

I Don't get why Rockstar couldn't give us a Game type like GTA IV's Free roam where you could just kill each other and cause chaos.
  • KiiWiiDeee and MortalCameron like this

The Wolfman
  • The Wolfman

I smoke cause it gives me knowledge

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

It's basically like being with Satan and his minions. Hell. Now you must suffer the consequences.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

I Don't get why Rockstar couldn't give us a Game type like GTA IV's Free roam where you could just kill each other and cause chaos.

I don't even understand why R* has this in place. I can understand the 'bad sport' thing applying to people who constantly quit online modes (races, deathmatches, etc...).  It is Grand Theft Auto and R* is babying the babies who cried about dying in free roam in GTA IV. I hope R* comes out with a GTA IV style free roam separate from our online character. A free roam where there are weapons lying around, people to hunt and you don't have to worry about dying and losing money.

• FlyUS likes this

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

I don't even get why they have a bad sport label. I mean, there's passive mode and if it worked like it was supposed to, there'd be no need to have "bad sports" penalties. It's ridiculous.

• customkingpimp and I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT like this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

I don't even get why they have a bad sport label. I mean, there's passive mode and if it worked like it was supposed to, there'd be no need to have "bad sports" penalties. It's ridiculous.

The passive mode is bullsh*t. I put that on once just to cruise around, some player started firing at me, so i got out of my car and hid behind a pole, so they started ramming me. This whole time, I could not fire at them because of passive mode, but they could still fire at me.

I had to turn it off, and wait how ever many seconds for it to turn off before I could kill them.

• Chessmaster likes this

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Not only are you stuck with mostly assholes who destroy you with tanks (who are NEVER punished for it) and a irreplaceable dunce cap, you CAN BARELY PLAY GAME MODES. When you get labeled a bad sport, match making for death match becomes nearly impossible (atleast for me it is). Idk what rockstar was thinking, but "bad sport" needs removed NOW. It's ridiculous

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:02 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 14 October 2013 - 06:03 PM.

Where can I view the stats? I want to know if I have any.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Well thats what he gets for being a douche, but I think it only lasts for like two days or so

tapz63
  • tapz63

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Try not to be a bad sport then... try shooting people instead of blowing up their ride.

Sixstring
  • Sixstring

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

That's exactly what you can do. You'll be given the "bad sport" title so you and all the other idiots with 9 year old mentality can "just kill each other and cause chaos". 

Brad Maddox
  • Brad Maddox

Still B.R.A.D.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Will I get a bad sport rep, if lots of other players come up to me while I'm minding my own business, and then come up to me and start shooting me, then pull out a shotgun and kill them and that's happened a lot of times, and I kill everybody that comes up to me just because I've been f*cked so many times, like one time a guy pulls up and honks his horn so I think I don't sh*t better to do so I get in his car and ride around with him, this bastard drives into one of the oil pipes in Murrietta Heights, in East LS, and he gets out and starts shooting me, and I press triangle to get out and I die before I can even get out of the car, then I respawned in the same area, so I found the guy shotgunned him and went on with my business, can this or me killing everybody that comes up to me, get me a bad sport rep or does it not count if the start with you?

theguy01
  • theguy01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Will I get a bad sport rep, if lots of other players come up to me while I'm minding my own business, and then come up to me and start shooting me, then pull out a shotgun and kill them and that's happened a lot of times, and I kill everybody that comes up to me just because I've been f*cked so many times, like one time a guy pulls up and honks his horn so I think I don't sh*t better to do so I get in his car and ride around with him, this bastard drives into one of the oil pipes in Murrietta Heights, in East LS, and he gets out and starts shooting me, and I press triangle to get out and I die before I can even get out of the car, then I respawned in the same area, so I found the guy shotgunned him and went on with my business, can this or me killing everybody that comes up to me, get me a bad sport rep or does it not count if the start with you?

Same here, I even helped someone who did a robbery by pulling a car infront of the store. He ran out got in I went to another store so he could rob that one then he jumped out and shot me..

Just gotta get used to it I gues  :lol:

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

You don't get it for shooting players only destroying their personal vehicles (and meta stuff like quitting during jobs).

saptis
  • saptis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:37 AM Edited by saptis, 15 October 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Yeah right, youre a troll and thats all - its all in your signature !

My friend did this, my friend did that.... and so on.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:19 AM Edited by I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT, 15 October 2013 - 11:22 AM.

lol im stuck in the gta hell for another day 4 rapin these lil hoe ass niggas online. damn why everybody so pussy and runnin and hidin in they cribs n sh*t.

all i do is gank niggas out dis bitch. WEST SIDE

ninja1232
  • ninja1232

Its the Final Countdown.....

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

I vote keep it, mostly because of the douches that kill me when I'm casually driving by or they chase me down for no reason.

Android
  • Android

Whiskey Tits

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Ever hear of this game mode called Team Deathmatch?

If you guys went into the right god damn game mode, you wouldn't become bad sports. Use your brains for once, thank you.

• adictoGTA and SwingingSpidey like this

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

Wait.... I thought the 'Bad Sport' only applied when playing missions? (Deathmatch, Racing, survival etc...) So this also includes free roam?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

I like it but at the same time I hate it because its flawed. People who deserve it get it but people who make mistakes or hell sometimes didn't really do anything get it as well. I got it because I plane I last drove was sitting on the runway with someone punching it and well, it exploded and blew up his bike. What gets me is that I wasn't even in the f*cking plane nor was I doing anything to blow up the plane. It just blew up and since I was the last guy flying it, the flawed Bad Sport decides to blame me. Idiotic. If they could fix that, get rid of the healthcare fees, make an option to turn of the annoying cops or traffic, and make your personal car indestructible while on passive mode, Online would be perfect.

soldat89
  • soldat89

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

I like the system they have in place. It's not hard to avoid blowing up ppls cars. I've had a blast putting heavy bounties on asshole players and watch the whole room go after him

Tweakyx
  • Tweakyx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

If you guys went into the right god damn game mode, you wouldn't become bad sports. Use your brains for once, thank you.

Ever hear of this game called Grand Theft Auto 5? Yeah it's based around killing people, stealing vehicles, drugs, prostitution, and many more nasty things.

If you don't want to get shot at go play a game that doesn't involve PVP and guns

• was it green likes this

Android
  • Android

Whiskey Tits

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Ever hear of this game called Grand Theft Auto 5? Yeah it's based around killing people, stealing vehicles, drugs, prostitution, and many more nasty things.

If you don't want to get shot at go play a game that doesn't involve PVP and guns

There is a reason for PVP based game modes too... Where the main objective is to actually KILL PEOPLE.

Don't f*cking clutter up free mode for your bullsh*t excuses.

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Bad Sport doesn't apply only to killing other players in free-roam, it's also about destroying other people's cars very regularly, quitting missions, such as "story" or deathmatches, races etc. Rockstar basically apply this to all the c*nts out there, who are annoying other people who try to just get on with their business. Though I think it would be a nice idea for Rockstar to include IV's type of free-roam, but for now, you have to try and get your revenge through personal deathmatch.

Tweakyx
  • Tweakyx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

There is a reason for PVP based game modes too... Where the main objective is to actually KILL PEOPLE.

Don't f*cking clutter up free mode for your bullsh*t excuses.

Settle down, child. I don't see any BS besides for what you're saying. Whats the purpose of "Free Roam" do anything you would do in GTA. Keep making me laugh with your angry comments, please.

CmdrKnifes
  • CmdrKnifes

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Tweakyx
  • Tweakyx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by Tweakyx, 15 October 2013 - 10:46 PM.

I do enjoy the idea of Bad Sport servers but it's poorly executed. Oh I can kill other player as much as I want without any punishment? However I blow up a personal vehicle after defending my life and I get punished for it, yea great system. This is my opinion which I'm allowed to have despite what some cranky kids might think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users