» «
Photo

IMPOSSIBLE to Complete Trevor's 2nd Rampage

10 replies to this topic
Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by Yoshack_Fyre, 14 October 2013 - 05:05 AM.

The first Rampage Trevor goes on you only need 25 kills to beat it. Well the one by the liquor store in Los Santos I think you need at least 30. Problem is you don't get that many guys to kill in a short amount of time. There are red dots showing an enemy all over, but I can never find them. I have to wait for two dudes to roll up in a car. They're making it so damn difficult when it shouldn't be. To top if off you can't change to a better weapon, you're stuck with the micro smg they give you and grenades, which don't really help much. Are there enemies somewhere hiding that I can't see that I can use to get three more kills without failing the rampage?????

I don't see how it would be possible for ANYONE to get 45 kills to Gold Medal this bitch of a challenge. I just BARELY managed to get 30 kills and pass. The next one better not be 35......

EDIT: Discovered the secret trick. When doing the rampage I assumed that Trevor's Special Ability was activated, being that he was taking less damage and doing more, and things seemed to be moving slowly. This is not the case. You HAVE to activate the special ability to have ANY SHOT at getting a Gold Medal. It's also basically required to even pass the mission.

elbilly
  • elbilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

There's loads of them appear on the roof tops around you. Some of them are slow to approach and you have to run toward them to kill them quicker, I got past it 2nd time of asking, killed the first time being shot by a guy on the roof constantly when I couldn't figure out where he was. Use the special ability and it should be fine, toss the grenades at the cars when they stop and you're in business

Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

Discovered the secret trick. When doing the rampage I assumed that Trevor's Special Ability was activated, being that he was taking less damage and doing more, and things seemed to be moving slowly. This is not the case. You HAVE to activate the special ability to have ANY SHOT at getting a Gold Medal. It's also basically required to even pass the mission.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

You talking about the one where you shootin up the Vagos? That one was pretty easy for me, did it in one shot one kill.

But what I'm really stuck on is the 4th one fighting the army. They got a freakin TANK you're going against plus the only cover you have is the 2 ft wall at the Zancudo gate statue.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

Yeah the tank was a pain to kill, but it still wasn't that big of a problem for me. My biggest problem were those Barracks running me over whenever I was shooting at a different one.

Best rampage is the last one though.

Spoiler

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

They are all quite simple enough - people spawn all around you, on rooftops and by the waters edge etc 

I got 3 golds out of 5 so far - without always using the ability either

TheDjsicdog
  • TheDjsicdog

MMC4,GTAP,PJTR, HEARSE SHOP PS3

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

It's easy

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:06 PM Edited by Kent_Paul_Jnr, 14 October 2013 - 02:07 PM.

can we replay the rampages ?

* thinking out aloud - but it would be nice to start these anywhere in the map

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

I beat them all without the use of the special ability...
When taking on the rednecks, its best to hide on the roof and snipe from there.
And when taking on the army, head up into the hill and use the trees as cover, plus it separates them making it easier to take out.

LonePirate
  • LonePirate

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

I am having the same problem as the OP. I can usually make it to 35 but anything beyond that is tough for me. I have only touched 40 a couple of times and never past 41, even using Trevor's special skill. I'm hitting the guys on the rooftops; but the gang members simply do not spawn fast enough even when all visible targets have been shot.

I guess I may try a different approach with the grenades as I currently use them while waiting for targets to appear. The Gold for the hipsters rampage was much easier to obtain than the Gold for the second or third rampages.

Samcharles
  • Samcharles

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

I have yet to be able to get the number of kills needed for gold in the rampage with the Vagos. Honestly, I think this rampage is the most difficult.

My reasons are:

You are using a gun with a small magazine.

The Vagos are pretty spread out around your location.

The Vagos just love to hide on the doorsteps of homes. Those areas are dark and harder to see. Also protected by low walls and fences.

The third reasons annoys me the most. Sometimes I make a point of running right up to one of them when they are hiding outside a front door. Then I melee them with the gun.  :evilgrin:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users