• This topic is locked This topic is locked
317 replies to this topic
methwow92
  • methwow92

Street Cat

• Awaiting Authorization
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hello everyone... back from a long hiatus... 

Thought I'd just share my views on this. Like others have said before, it's human nature to want to try to capitalize on this glitch/exploit. If you've done under $10 million, I'd say that although it is quite a lot, it's nowhere near the hundreds of millions that some people have earned. I'd say you're safer if you've earned relatively little out of it (i.e. - a few million). 

Bank resets would be fine in this instance. Any assets purchased with the money such as vehicles should probably be removed too though. It's only fair really... it'll put everyone back on a relatively level playing field.

Considering Rockstar have their stimulus package coming out, I think anyone who has glitched will just use the stimulus money to buy some of the cheaper vehicles that they bought. 

If you've only earned, say, $2 million, I wouldn't be too worried. It's the people who really abused it and earned hundreds of millions that should be dealt with.

what difference does it make if someone has better cars than you? there is no f*cking market or econmoy in this game..

if it was WoW and people where glitching to get money than yes because you could buy the whole Auction house than..

here what do you do? you can not buy anything from other players and no stocks.

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Thought I'd just share my views on this. Like others have said before, it's human nature to want to try to capitalize on this glitch/exploit. If you've done under $10 million, I'd say that although it is quite a lot, it's nowhere near the hundreds of millions that some people have earned. I'd say you're safer if you've earned relatively little out of it (i.e. - a few million). 

Bank resets would be fine in this instance. Any assets purchased with the money such as vehicles should probably be removed too though. It's only fair really... it'll put everyone back on a relatively level playing field.

Considering Rockstar have their stimulus package coming out, I think anyone who has glitched will just use the stimulus money to buy some of the cheaper vehicles that they bought. 

If you've only earned, say, $2 million, I wouldn't be too worried. It's the people who really abused it and earned hundreds of millions that should be dealt with.

what difference does it make if someone has better cars than you? there is no f*cking market or econmoy in this game..

if it was WoW and people where glitching to get money than yes because you could buy the whole Auction house than..

I meant in terms of racing advantages. I realise now though how stupid that sounded. Ignore what I said, apart from bank resets.

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

As of right now this is true, but they are planning on adding alot more content to this game including stock markets, and who know's maybe we will be able to sell something in the future.

RotBot
  • RotBot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:21 PM Edited by RotBot, 14 October 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Here's how Rockstar handled Red Dead glitchers, for what it's worth.

http://www.rockstarg...-is-coming.html

People who exploited unpatched glitches in the game were ignored.  People who modded their saves were banned.  If they deleted their modded save, they were spared.

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

People who exploited unpatched glitches in the game were ignored.  People who modded their saves were banned.  If they deleted their modded save, they were spared.

You cannot purchase in-game cash in RDR.

You cannot mod your save file in GTA V.

Big differences ey...

RedChuCKz_
  • RedChuCKz_

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

If they ban me or reset my stats or put me in a cheater lobby only, well PS4 and Battlefield 4 are just around a corner and I can forget about this game simple as that they will be losing a customer forever.

somsom
  • somsom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Big differences ey...

uhhh go look on PS3 modding sites: hacks exist for GTAO.

They aren't going to do anything but patch the exploit itself. Unless you are using software to hack the game or abusing an exploit in a way that harms other players(invincibility etc), then they aren't going to do sh*t(that has been their stance since day one).

Deliosa
  • Deliosa

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yeah that 100 million they can't even give a dime of to other players or something. Mm-hmm. Yes, please keep talking as if you had a clue how things work.

Deliosa
  • Deliosa

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Big differences ey...

You can mod any save file, stop talking and instead engage in the time-honored American tradition of searching for an ugly uncircumcized penis beneath the rolls of your unhealty belly fat.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

If they ban me or reset my stats or put me in a cheater lobby only, well PS4 and Battlefield 4 are just around a corner and I can forget about this game simple as that they will be losing a customer forever.

Goodbye.

Deliosa
  • Deliosa

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Goodbye.

Let's face facts, you'll also quit eventually. The online will be a ghost town within 3 months at this rate. I find it hard to believe that, despite the massive failure of GTA4, you all continue to support rockstar. Maybe you already know that you're retarded for believing in them but you just find solace in your groupthink and buttcuddling.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hello, do you have a minute to talk about our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ?

JuniorVV23
  • JuniorVV23

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

12b78f8367fd43fbdcf9b08e993e7a04.png

http://support.rocks...-using-glitches

lol :D

kevswans
  • kevswans

FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

It would be wrong of them to ban anyone who's done the exploit for the simple reason that ANYONE can do it. NOT EVERYONE CAN BUY IN GAME MONEY. It's not stealing from rockstar, they messed up gave us the option to get free money. If an ATM spit out money at you, would you not take it? if you found a loophole in anything that anyone could take advantage of and it did not affect another person would you not?

It's completely illogical to complain or even worry about how much money another player has.

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF SOMEONE HAS MORE MONEY THAN YOU? you don't, so why does it matter if people exploit for money in order to have fun?

You guys who aren't doing this and complaining are the same motherf*ckers who signed up for obamacare.

OPEN YOUR MIND #KGOD

BlueJosh
  • BlueJosh

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Not patching it for weeks is just asking for everything to start doing it, at least an acknowledgement of it happening and a short message that cheaters would be banned would have stopped me..

Esel
  • Esel

The Official GTAForums Donkey

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

I've done this glitch a couple times and I am terrified of what is going to happen. I haven't done it for about 3 days and I did grind my xp when we could replay the missions over and over. Overall, I am terrified but extremely excited to see what will happen to glitchers and exploiters  

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Yeah that 100 million they can't even give a dime of to other players or something. Mm-hmm. Yes, please keep talking as if you had a clue how things work.

If you have the patience, it is theoretically possible to give other players that money through bounties and sharing cash. Sure, it may take a mind blowing amount of time, but it can be done. I think abusing it that extensively is just stupid. A few million? Yeah, you can't buy EVERYTHING in the game with a few million.

Hundreds of millions? The whole purpose of completing jobs to earn cash just becomes redundant. I ask you this - do you want everything handed to you on a plate or do you want to work for your reward? Saving up for that new car and then buying it feels a lot more rewarding than essentially getting it for nothing.

Also, please see my follow-up post in which I took back what I said about reposessing assets. I get what you're saying. It's pointless.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Lets migrate this discussion to the pinned topic:

http://gtaforums.com...olbanned-topic/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users