Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Announcement] Update to Name Change Policy

175 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

Some Egyptian hieroglyphics type shiz.

Nah Arab. Finn's probably having a tour of Saudi Arabia and seems to be really liking it.

Hopefully he didn't change his real-life name.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

I would imagine Finn to be in Austria trying to sniff out Arnold's scent.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

I'm so f*cking happy about my new name god damn.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

I really wish there wasn't any limit to name changes, because I can think of about a hand full of names I would use right now, lol.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

By all means, please list them. It'll be my version of the Rosetta Stone: Japanese Version. I may learn some stuff..

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

Even if you wouldn't post the announcement here, you'd still never escape my list :p

Michaś
  • Michaś

No US for me in 2014... BLNT

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

Looks like the username font doesn't support the character "ś".

Can you change this to an "s" please?

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

Can you change this to an "s" please?

Heath messed up one of the letters in his name too and he's stuck with the name for a year, I'm guessing the same applies to you unfortunately. 

BenDeR_
  • BenDeR_

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Small question here but what if my preferred username is already registered by someone who hasn't logged in since 2002? http://gtaforums.com/user/754-bender/

Can you just flush him down the toilet delete his account?

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

^ Even though there is a very minimal chance of these sorts of people returning. This isn't done, I think it should be done though. Because I doubt these people even remember the password to that account and if they choose to return it would be on a new account. 

But there's still a chance they could return so I'm guessing no one wants to risk anything. Try "Bender." 

xXxbBb
  • xXxbBb

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

Excuse me.... Does this name change have anything to do with these empty names?

GTAGarage_zpsa8275dc4.jpg

Or something's wrong with my browser?  :whuh:

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:36 PM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 15 December 2013 - 06:36 PM.

One thing's for sure, changing your display name hasn't caused that.

Are you using any in-browser applications/add-ons?

xXxbBb
  • xXxbBb

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

Well, I'm using Avast Online Security, Google Docs, etc if that's what you mean...

I didn't change my display name btw..

So I think it's only my browser? 

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

GTAGarage is glitchy nowadays so probably that's why names won't diplay.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

I don't understand why so many people were complaining to be honest.

I want to change my name as well, but I can patiently wait for these 2 months to be over so I can change it.

For all the other people waiting to change their username. Does having your current username for an extended period of time in anyway affect the way you go about on these forums?

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

People were complaining back in October so I don't even see why you had to say all that..

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

Try clearing you cache and cookies, see if that fixes it :^:

If not...

GTAGarage is glitchy nowadays so probably that's why names won't diplay.

This is probably the reason for it as the staff on GTAGarage don't appear themselves on the staff list.

xXxbBb
  • xXxbBb

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:42 AM

Try clearing you cache and cookies, see if that fixes it :^:

If not...

Tried clearing the caches and cookies, still not working though... 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:06 AM Edited by AceKingston, 21 December 2013 - 03:18 AM.

So Unoriginal Gangster got a name change even though he didn't even wait for a year after changing it to 'Unoriginal Gangster' from 'Prominent Fate' the first time around? Considering he didn't even wait 6 months let alone a year, mods should allow members who haven't been here for a year to change their name.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:41 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 25 December 2013 - 11:15 PM.

So Unoriginal Gangster got a name change even though he didn't even wait for a year after changing it to 'Unoriginal Gangster' from 'Prominent Fate' the first time around? Considering he didn't even wait 6 months let alone a year, mods should allow members who haven't been here for a year to change their name.

You'll have to live with it for the time being. If they make an exception for one a second member, everyone with a newer account would come clamoring to them for an exception to be made in their case too because they also want an early name change.

Spoiler

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

Admins will make an exception for whomever they please. The same you would do for a dear friend, it happens.

Just goes to show that when you make an account, choose a proper name.. not some FamilyGuyFan4E or something along those lines. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

That's a very good reason considering Girish denied me an exception and said firmly no exceptions would be made. I doubt there is a valid reason for Unoriginal Gangster's exception either.

It's quite unfair for the mods to deny an exception for someone and go out of their way to give an exception to someone else. If you want to deny it for one person, deny it for everyone.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

That's a very good reason considering Girish denied me an exception and said firmly no exceptions would be made. I doubt there is a valid reason for Unoriginal Gangster's exception either.

It's quite unfair for the mods to deny an exception for someone and go out of their way to give an exception to someone else. If you want to deny it for one person, deny it for everyone.

There actually is a valid reason. He's a staff member now and rules like these do not apply to staff members. It's just one of the perks of no longer being just a puny member.

Bottomline is that unless you're a part of the staff ladder, you have no rights and can make no demands (which our rules explicitly state) and until then, you'll have to abide by whatever rules we enforce, like everyone else.

• Gilligan likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

Well if I had known that I would not have posted, thanks.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

There actually is a valid reason. He's a staff member now and rules like these do not apply to staff members. It's just one of the perks of no longer being just a puny member.

Bottomline is that unless you're a part of the staff ladder, you have no rights and can make no demands (which our rules explicitly state) and until then, you'll have to abide by whatever rules we enforce, like everyone else.

Shame I'll probably never change my name :/ That perk would be useful if I'd mess up.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

Shame I'll probably never change my name :/ That perk would be useful if I'd mess up.

Just think of it this way. There is no way you could come up with a worst name than Finn4life did..

• GTAKid667, GunWrath, Ciaran and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users