Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does anyone else think the punishment system is unfair?

43 replies to this topic
FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Rockstar have introduced this "Good" and "Bad" sport system. If you blow up other peoples cars alot (and other things like that) then you will be named a bad sport and get stuck with a 'DUNCE' cap which you can't take off.

Does anyone else think this system is a whole load of bullsh*t as the aim of GTA is to kill people, steal and blow up cars. The majority of GTA players like to blow sh*t up, now Rockstar have pretty much made a GTA law against that.

I like the GTA franchise because of how you can do anything you want, but now they're adding pathetic rules like this... Grow up Rockstar.

leeco
  • leeco

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Laws in GTA world just don't work.

The game is based on braking laws.

• Lamborghini1335 and WreckinBall like this

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Everyone thinks that. Except for the anal retentive basement nerds who like to shove sticks up their own asses.

• mihai2011rom likes this

CriticalBR
  • CriticalBR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

You can be commended by players and it reduces your sentence time.

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by WreckinBall, 13 October 2013 - 10:28 PM.

Ok been playing 12 days now gtao,living by the GDS rule,to be fair,started to get a bit boring today and after doing a quick 25k base inv.came back,got hit 2k costs,sod it rocket launcher bye bye camper,bye bye cars and mine,stream of bad sport warnings...been in bad sport lobby for last couple of hours...LOADS BETTER,more high end missions,you can have it out with someone with no consequense,more community.and only a 48 hour count down,Thought it would be permenant,which i may make that choice myself..but it would be cool,if you could choose,dont care about the pointy hat,looks funny tbh.not a punishment in my opinion ;a new lobby with more gamers,definitly.its funny how many have got thier commendations option switched off.Think il get my crew in here,defo.

V8-Shadow
  • V8-Shadow

V8-Shadow

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Some f*cker RPG'd my bugatti veyron today. They deserve to be humiliated.

• WarM4chine and vozi45 like this

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

The "Bad Sport" System is there to punish those people who go out of their way to deliberately and repeatedly ruin other peoples gaming experience. Would you want to keep playing the game if every time you spawned you got killed within seconds? Because if those people didn't get labeled as a bad sport and put in their own noobland, then they would be in every session, ruining everyone elses time. I wonder sometimes if they even know that there is a deathmatch gamemode, where they can kill all they like, and get rewarded for it.

• WarM4chine likes this

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

same topic is on the same page. and no i dont enjoy running around with idiots pretending its cod.

• WarM4chine likes this

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

if you want to go around being blowing peoples car up and such....then being a bad sport is so much better because you will be playing with other guys who do the same and its so much more fun! so whats the problem??

or are you really embarrassed because you are wearing a dunce hat lol???

• WarM4chine likes this

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

The "Bad Sport" System is there to punish those people who go out of their way to deliberately and repeatedly ruin other peoples gaming experience. Would you want to keep playing the game if every time you spawned you got killed within seconds? Because if those people didn't get labeled as a bad sport and put in their own noobland, then they would be in every session, ruining everyone elses time. I wonder sometimes if they even know that there is a deathmatch gamemode, where they can kill all they like, and get rewarded for it.

i know im down for deathmatches but nobody wants to do that. they rather wait till you come out of garage and shoot you in the back or some sh*t.

leeco
  • leeco

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

People blow my car up all the time and to be honest I don't give a sh*t. Let them blow it up I will go get my other super car.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Those people don't get labeled bad sports. I can shoot you as many times as I want and I wouldn't get it. It only happens in Free Roam if you blow up someone's personal vehicle, which happens a lot with me. If I'm hunting a bounty I use a $600 sticky bomb on an enemy's car and claim the $9,000 reward. Saves me from having to go into a shootout. Why should I be punished for claiming a bounty the way I want to? What if I'm in a Buzzard and I'm hunting someone and they get in a car? Do I stop shooting because I could accidentally destroy it?

• Goldstein likes this

TigerVsLion
  • TigerVsLion

Rat

• BUSTED!

Somehow, somehow, somehow...the cops were miles behind my fully upgraded Adder, but they managed to ram me out of nowhere. I'm ambushed by all the cop cars, then some guy comes and bombs the area meaning my Bugatti Veyron got demolished.

I went after him in my Entity XF and then blew his car up, I'm now a bad sport for getting revenge on someone who cost me 12,500.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Yeah it's f*cked. Me and my buddy were playing tennis and we set it to 5 sets because we had mistaken games for sets, and so we made it through 2 sets and we we're like f*ck this. So we quit and got a warning for bad sport. You should at least be able to vote to quit if someone chooses to do so and if you agree then no one is punished for it.

CooL_StYleR_2013
  • CooL_StYleR_2013

Prankster

• Members

I kill all

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

i know im down for deathmatches but nobody wants to do that. they rather wait till you come out of garage and shoot you in the back or some sh*t.

Unfortunately, that is true. I think they think they'll get loads of money apon your death or something, perhaps they don't realize you can deposit into your bank on your phone.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:35 PM Edited by creaper210, 13 October 2013 - 10:36 PM.

I just got put into a bad sport lobby, and I think it is pretty dumb now.

I completely understand what they were trying to do, and I have no doubt it is because of the GTA4 fiasco, especially when it comes to TBOGT, but it simply doesn't work.

I had some guy shoot me in my car. He ended up killing me, because I was trying to find my friend on the map and wasn't paying attention. So I spawned, and he kept driving pass me shooting me and throwing sticky bombs at me. I play on free aim, so it was pretty hard to use my gun and consistently hit him in his fast cheetah or entity, whatever it was. So naturally, I pull out my RPG. I kill him, and get the message saying that I'm a bad sport.

So despite him spawn killing me 4 times and leaving me no choice to get out of my horrible situation, I'M the one who is the bad sport, and he is freely allowed to do whatever he wants without a stupid cone on his head.

^That is definitely not the only bad thing about it, but just a good example that happened to me today.

Why don't they maybe punish people based how much people you killed versus how much people your victim killed (in free roam)? It may not be 100% accurate, but it would go to show who kills more and who might me the most likely to only kill to defend themselves.

Right now, being based on who destroys whose car, is just plain stupid and unfair.

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by [email protected], 13 October 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Those people don't get labeled bad sports. I can shoot you as many times as I want and I wouldn't get it. It only happens in Free Roam if you blow up someone's personal vehicle, which happens a lot with me. If I'm hunting a bounty I use a $600 sticky bomb on an enemy's car and claim the $9,000 reward. Saves me from having to go into a shootout. Why should I be punished for claiming a bounty the way I want to? What if I'm in a Buzzard and I'm hunting someone and they get in a car? Do I stop shooting because I could accidentally destroy it?

you do know u have to destroy a lot of personal cars before being a bad sport??? so why are you moaning about it if you are only blowing up a personal car every once in a while when there is a bounty? You won't become a bad sport unless you are doing this one after another without being a good sport in between. You will just be warned...that is all is that a big deal?

sam1ches
  • sam1ches

1st day millionaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

I hope eventually people will stop shooting you on sight. I'm from San Andreas Roleplay from PC, and there is a lot more that the engine can support than just deathmatch.

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Ive done nothing but try to share the wealth and help people for the last 12 days,and got fed up of BS,i hope i did blow ya car up,enjoy the insurance,lol,50k is like pocket change!!!!and from what i can see in the last 4 hours of BS lobbys,there are less "idiots".yeh woop my paper hat looks awsome along with my 10 cars and wedged up,tra la la...

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:46 PM Edited by creaper210, 13 October 2013 - 10:46 PM.

you do know u have to destroy a lot of personal cars before being a bad sport??? so why are you moaning about it if you are only blowing up a personal car every once in a while when there is a bounty? You won't become a bad sport unless you are doing this one after another without being a good sport in between. You will just be warned...that is all is that a big deal?

I destroyed only 3 cars today and was labeled as a bad sport. Why aren't the spawnkillers and griefers that chase down people minding their own business getting labeled as bad sports?

I destroyed 2 people who attacked me first with my tank, and the last of some guy who was spawnkilling me after getting the drop on me. I defend myself all 3 times and I'm somehow a bad sport, while these little sh*ts are in clean lobbies, most likely still killing and annoying people.

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

as careful as i could be i think i generated 20 in the last 12 days,mainly from my own bloody car,and the 3 today took it over ,so maybe 25,ive done 3 in one day,and its still been ok,you get "dodgy player"on ya thing,final warning like,funny as tho,LL..pece!

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

I take down a lot of bounties, plus, what if I'm attacked/pinned down by multiple guys? I've had a few instances where an SUV full of guys would roll down the street and start shooting at me, so I'd toss C4 onto their vehicle and detonate it. I'm not going to have a shootout with two or more people in the middle of the street, that's suicide. I shouldn't be punished for self-defense.

Platuni
  • Platuni

Merp

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

I got bad sport for accidentally blowing up someones car when I was blowing up police cars -_-

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

I destroyed only 3 cars today and was labeled as a bad sport. Why aren't the spawnkillers and griefers that chase down people minding their own business getting labeled as bad sports?

I destroyed 2 people who attacked me first with my tank, and the last of some guy who was spawnkilling me after getting the drop on me. I defend myself all 3 times and I'm somehow a bad sport, while these little sh*ts are in clean lobbies, most likely still killing and annoying people.

hmm 3 cars and you became a bad sport?? are you wearing the dunce hat? I was playing earlier today and it took me much more cars to destroy to get bad sport....i was just going around and sticky bombing every player i went passed, got so many personal vehicle warnings before i became i bad sport.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

I got bad sport for accidentally blowing up someones car when I was blowing up police cars -_-

Another fantastic example of this flawed punishment system. I've done this before. Some guy who probably never seen another player with a tank was driving next to me and I crushed him and his car. Completely his fault and it was completely accidental and unavoidable on my part. And that is another warning for being a bad sport...

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

I take down a lot of bounties, plus, what if I'm attacked/pinned down by multiple guys? I've had a few instances where an SUV full of guys would roll down the street and start shooting at me, so I'd toss C4 onto their vehicle and detonate it. I'm not going to have a shootout with two or more people in the middle of the street, that's suicide. I shouldn't be punished for self-defense.

i had destroyed three personal cars in one go once. i did not get bad sport then...just three warnings.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:55 PM Edited by creaper210, 13 October 2013 - 10:57 PM.

hmm 3 cars and you became a bad sport?? are you wearing the dunce hat? I was playing earlier today and it took me much more cars to destroy to get bad sport....i was just going around and sticky bombing every player i went passed, got so many personal vehicle warnings before i became i bad sport.

I'm literally wearing it right now. First time I've ever gotten one. I'm probably just going to play single player till' it goes away.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter if it has happened to you or not. Regardless, this idea is simply unfair and unjustified when there are far worse things in the game that are being IGNORED. And until they can figure out how to detect who is defending themselves or not, it will remain unfair.

BlackFeather SR
  • BlackFeather SR

Assassin

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

I have 4 days of bs what for? Defending myself while trying to get a 5 star wanted level for the award, little noobs come ramming me with their cars while im in a tank. Bad sport idea was a good thought but it means I can't defend myself against people when im in a tank?

Course we will get trolls saying "oh why didn't you get out and shoot em through the windscreen? Have you no skills?" no I wouldn't survive the 4seconds getting out then back in for each person going after me, especially while the cops are after me on a 5 star wanted level.

Yet I can go to the roof of a building and spawn kill to my hearts content.

the system is as childish as posting a paragraph or phrase from a source to bring it out of context.

KING01
  • KING01

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

I really don't understand the " Bad Sport System" I mean somebody put a $9000 bounty on me, and the next things is everyone is after me, of course i defense myself then i blow off peoples car then i get BAD SPORT???????

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users