Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why are people mad a high-level players?

109 replies to this topic
inphared
  • inphared

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Honestly I enjoy being level 108. Tons of people put bounties on me and target me becuase of it, which in my opinion, makes it more fun. If it gets too much, I just put myself in passive. I also don't own a tank or a chopper, just 10 super cars. So I enjoy roaming around the city and tailing low levels until they try to kill me, then kill them and speed off. Pretty funny when they team up and come after me.

GTAnger
  • GTAnger

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

I dont see how someone has time to rank up so quickly. Here is the resolution: GET OFF THE COUCH, GET A LIFE, GO OUTSIDE, GET A JOB. It's ridiculous how people are ranking up 45^, it's pathetic for someone to play for 12 hours a day.

Level 47 here and I bet I gotta better job then you lol you losers need to stop hating cos you can't even play the f*cking game properly

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

This doesn't make much sense to me. You would think that they would avoid high level people due to their access to stronger weapons...

I feel like OP just made this thread to subtly brag about his level. Kind of like those girls who ask questions like "why does everyone hate good looking girls like me so much?"

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

I dont even play official servers because everyone just kills on sight 9 out of 10 times.

Its even worse than DayZ. In DayZ, killing players on sight has a use but in V you have nothing but negative effects if you do so.. dont understand why everyones killing everyone and passive mode isnt even working.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Level 91 here and i never came across that issue. If anything people start leaving the server instantly when i join. Oh and it's no called having no life. You just don't play the game the same way others do. Chances are high level guys played MMO's before and low level guys are too focused on robbing, killing, and screwing about in free roam. Just wait till the WoW, Aeria games, Guild wars guys get on GTA PC. They'll be 100's in days.

• yesir1 likes this

yesir1
  • yesir1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Try playing the game properly and getting good at it instead of grinding non stop. It helps.

grinding non stop is playing games....................................................................................................................

yesir1
  • yesir1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Level 91 here and i never came across that issue. If anything people start leaving the server instantly when i join. Oh and it's no called having no life. You just don't play the game the same way others do. Chances are high level guys played MMO's before and low level guys are too focused on robbing, killing, and screwing about in free roam. Just wait till the WoW, Aeria games, Guild wars guys get on GTA PC. They'll be 100's in days.

this^

HostilityFactor
  • HostilityFactor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Anyone above lv. 70 are absolute fags, seriously have you nothing else better to do than sit in a room constantly playing GTA just to ''think'' your the best at it. You guys really don't know how pathetic it is, just play the game like any other normal person. That's what make's a game boring, playing it too much.

I have a friend that is Rank 70 with only 10 hours played, pretty sure that is less than you have. Yet somehow according to your logic he has nothing better to do. 

On Topic, I usually don't have people hunting me, I am usually the one hunting other players. Even though I am rank 77 I like hunting down other players that are higher level than me, I just feel like they might give a bigger challenge, but usually that is not the case. You guys also can't really judge people's skill on their rank either, I'm high rank and almost guarantee I have a higher player K/D than a lot of you. 

Nigadamus
  • Nigadamus

The Prophet

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by Nigadamus, 14 October 2013 - 08:38 PM.

I have grinded before, only to get the 200k for my house. I got bored of even doing that, it baffles me that people have gotten over rank 100 by playing the same select missions over and over again. How does it not just bore the absolute hell out of you? Legit question.

Arguably because most hardcore gamers fall into the high to very high intelligence bracket, are often students in hard sciences that requires an almost OCD-like (they actually fall into the autistic, obsessive, hyperactive categories of neural activity) discipline and numerous hours of sittting and doing one thing (reading, puzzle solving, coding etc etc etc).

So grinding especially for gamers who have been playing MMOs, RPGs, JRPGs, are very conditioned to the idea of farming and repetition its in their very nature to do so. 

Additionally the conditioning exists because rationally they realize that the upfront sacrifices will pay off longer term dividends. 

Legendstig
  • Legendstig

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

I dont see how someone has time to rank up so quickly. Here is the resolution: GET OFF THE COUCH, GET A LIFE, GO OUTSIDE, GET A JOB. It's ridiculous how people are ranking up 45^, it's pathetic for someone to play for 12 hours a day.

Level 47 here and I bet I gotta better job then you lol you losers need to stop hating cos you can't even play the f*cking game properly

Lol while i disagree with what that guy said. Ur come back aint much better, everyone on the internet claims to be a multi billionaire oligarch hu makes a mill an hour.....

Yh but ur right haters gna hate.

BSRK
  • BSRK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by BSRK, 14 October 2013 - 10:04 PM.

I'm rank 61 now well i got lucky and can join from the first launch day without losing any progress other than money untill now. so i don't think it that strange...

i don't think it that hard to rank up. You can get a lot of RP just for playing mission and money is easy to get after 20 even without the ability to replay mission.

well while i think that there is nothing wrong with replay mission and there should allow to replay some of it(what's wrong with replay Extradition or Los Santos Connection anyway. it's fun) I still agree that getting $25,000 and 4000RP in a minute is a bit ridiculous...

well i stop grinding after the second patch and rank 30 anyway... only grind Violent Duct to buy a $100,000 car and apartment. I still want to play the game and have fun for a while...

iDope
  • iDope

C++ Programmer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:42 PM Edited by iDope, 14 October 2013 - 10:44 PM.

I started a couple of days ago and I'm at 28. I work two jobs and go to school. I can rank about 5-10 ranks a day. Not hard and my diving is already maxed.

Note: I don't grind or exploit.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

It's funny how the high levels always go to their tanks when they can't get kills.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

I don't have a problem with high-level players themselves, only time when I get annoyed is that when they get in a job such as a Race with a fully-customized <insert class here> car when I have to use a stock car, and in Deathmatches when they have Grenade launchers/RPG's/Miniguns and just own everyone.

But in Free Mode? I don't see why people hate you there.

Custom cars are nerfed in races. All you get is your bodykit and paint job and sounds. Performance matches stock specs.

My custom Pegassi Bati 801 with Turbo and Engine upgrades wishes to disagree... I always seem to get first in motorbike races even without the Turbo boost from "Go" if the others have stock bikes.

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

Yup, most gamers dont care for cheaters. Lv 125 and waitin to see how long before the majority catch up. I'm guessing ends of October.

How do you deal with it in free roam? Any tips? I dont want to call Merryweather and go around with a backup chopper all the time..

im lvl 87...ish, and people try to mess with me all the time, then get all butthurt at the 9k bounty and the merryweather chasing them down. i dont even fight back anymore, just bounty and merc if i can afford it. that and the remote bomb in my car with it set for " everyone" easy payback as they always try to steal my car if their level is in the single digits.

and no i didnt boost my level. i got here legit. and people still mess with me.

rexmaverik
  • rexmaverik

Career Gamer/NO BS

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

Played a match earlier. Had a LVL 154,35(me), and bunch under 21's. All under 21's bailed. I laugh when I see levels this high. Not because its impossible, but because ppl have this much time invest. If ur that high up...cool

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

I'm level 231. U mad?

hiighpower
  • hiighpower

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

^Certified bundle of sticks

a1958r
  • a1958r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

Not sure what to do either. I keep getting bad sport because I am trying to get these people off my back...and they are using their car as a weapon.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

I dont hate high level people but some of you need to see what the sun looks like lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users