Quantcast

» «
Photo

R* pussified GTA online....bad sport warning?

199 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:29 PM Edited by StingrayX, 13 October 2013 - 09:30 PM.

Such pussy-ness in GTA nowdays. Seriously, I get a bad sport warning for blowing up people's personal vehicles?? First of all, how the f*ck do I know it's their personal vehicle? It's not like they have an icon above the car saying "Don't blow this vehicle up; it's a personal vehicle" or anything like that. Furthermore, this is f*cking GTA! It's not the f*cking sims. Why shouldn't I be able to blow up a personal vehicle without getting a warning????

I had a bounty placed on me, so being as cunning as I am, I went to a Pay and Spray where there were only 2 entrances and I placed a sticky bomb at each opening. Sure enough, within a minute, I had a  gaggle of scrubs chasing after me. As they approached my position, I surprised them with my craftily placed sticky bombs. BOOMMMM!!! I thought I was super cool; however, then I received a "bad sport" warning! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're coming to kill me. Should I not be able to kill them by any means necessary??????????????

This isn't a game with unicorns and lolipops.

Well... I was having a good time Online with some friends today, and the Dominator that he lended me got blown up by some moron who was supposedly a cousin of my friend's friend. I'm sorry but that is just annoying, good thing this is in and if you don't like it, too bad, it's NOT going to change. Getting my vehicle blown up so that I have to waste my time to drive to Downtown Los Santos is just annoying and punks like you who find this sh*t funny are getting what you all deserve. Don't like it? Don't play Online. :happy:

People should be charged out of their own money for blowing up personal vehicles. But the bad sport sh*t is stupid... You're right, OP. There really isn't any way for you to know if someone is using their personal vehicle.

You must be blind or some sh*t because when you try to steal a personal vehicle a message pops up saying you cannot steal so and so's vehicle. Use your common sense too. How the f*ck wouldn't you know? :lol: It's the only damn customized car around.

Your the reason why this feature is in. If you can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen the kitchen being Los Santos. This is GTA a game that you KILL, STEAL, ROB, and f*ck. Why should you get punish for destroying someone else car. 

I mean I spawn in at East Los Santos with a friend and had a $9,000 bounty on my head. Every noob came after me cause they want that easy money. One had a faster cause then me so how should I escape? I had to get to my $400,000 apartment and when I was in the downtown area I had everyone at my back. Why should I get punish for defending myself against people who are to lazy to do missions and just go for easy kills? 

Its like me playing Red Dead and killing someone elses horse and making them pay for another one. It just a annoying feature to help out bad players like you. 

I don't care what you have to say redx165 as most of the stuff you post is disrespect-worthy anyways. :sigh: All you do is talk bullsh*t, give this forum a rest, won't you?

• Cameron likes this

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

When the online was announced with all the features I thought: Wow, that's gonna be epic in so many ways.

But the truth it isn't like that at all. Everytime I die I lose like $2k. Sometimes when I steal some NPC's car they put a bounty on my head. In almost 2 weeks I haven't seen anyone doing jet or buzzard battles. I miss those epic battles on tbogt. The free roam mayhem fun is now gone.

Completely agree. While (again) I wasn't on a rampage when the circumstances in my OP happened, GTA:O really punishes you for mayhem and battles.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

I don't see what the problem is. By being a "Bad sport" you're just put with people who also like to blow up eachother's cars.

You're sitting there calling us all pussies, but if you don't want to play with like-minded people, then you're the only pussy here. You're not only a pussy, but a cock.
  • tom_p1980, Scaglietti, BuyMeTheMoon and 1 other like this

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

MUFC Champions 2012/13!!!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

The simple mirror solution to this, is to continue with what you're doing. f*ck it, blow sh*t up, get a bad warning and be placed in games with people who actually play gta for what it is and not the one's who play it like it's the sims. After a few weeks, we're all within the same matchmaking corrider and can forget about leniency. Sure you might be charged a bit of money but just rob a store and get it back 30 seconds later. Very easy stuff. See you all in hell :^:
  • ROADSIDE_BUM likes this

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:47 PM Edited by [ÁT], 13 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Such pussy-ness in GTA nowdays. Seriously, I get a bad sport warning for blowing up people's personal vehicles?? First of all, how the f*ck do I know it's their personal vehicle? It's not like they have an icon above the car saying "Don't blow this vehicle up; it's a personal vehicle" or anything like that. Furthermore, this is f*cking GTA! It's not the f*cking sims. Why shouldn't I be able to blow up a personal vehicle without getting a warning????

I had a bounty placed on me, so being as cunning as I am, I went to a Pay and Spray where there were only 2 entrances and I placed a sticky bomb at each opening. Sure enough, within a minute, I had a  gaggle of scrubs chasing after me. As they approached my position, I surprised them with my craftily placed sticky bombs. BOOMMMM!!! I thought I was super cool; however, then I received a "bad sport" warning! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're coming to kill me. Should I not be able to kill them by any means necessary??????????????

GTA Online has direction. There is a drive to succeed and make money, it's not supposed to be one big deathmatch so it's annoying when retards impede on other players progress by spawn raping them and sticky bombing their cars. If you like that reckless kind of gameplay why are you so upset about being a bad sport? If you get enough of them you'll get placed in a server with like-minded players who also enjoy playing the game to a destructive extreme.. isn't that what you want?

I get your point in defense but more often than not tools like sticky bombs and stuff are used by destructive troll players who belong with other destructive players.. bad sport works for them.. it's hilarious when griefers and trolls don't want to be placed in rooms with players like themselves though

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Pacifist, Pilot IRL.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

I agree somewhat.

Last night I was buying clothes, and when I leave, three guys in a crew killed me. Seeing as I'm a very good sport (I randomly give out money, give rides, give bounty players money, etc.), it really bothers me when people still need to randomly kill me. I chased them down to an LS customs where they all had their fancy sports cars. One of them threw a grenade/sticky bomb at me and I guess I shot it in mid air or something? it killed them all and blew up one of their cars, and I got a bad sport warning.

The other day I was fighting cops in a Buzzard and I shot a stray rocket which blew up a random car on the road, and I got a bad sport warning.

They should have made it so you just have to pay the insurance bill if you destroy a player's vehicle. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

The simple mirror solution to this, is to continue with what you're doing. f*ck it, blow sh*t up, get a bad warning and be placed in games with people who actually play gta for what it is and not the one's who play it like it's the sims. After a few weeks, we're all within the same matchmaking corrider and can forget about leniency. Sure you might be charged a bit of money but just rob a store and get it back 30 seconds later. Very easy stuff. See you all in hell :^:

Nobody play's it like the Sims, people get annoyed to have their sh*t destroyed all of the time by dumb 12 year olds who have a retarded sense of humor. I was on passive and got out of my car to not get shot. Well this TARIK retard decided to put a sticky on my car and what could I do? What am I supposed to do? f*cking laugh, be like it's okay bud, I'm not annoyed at all, I don't give a damn what happens to me? To be honest it is annoying to play with destructive morons all of the time. If money was easy to come by, I wouldn't give a sh*t, but it isn't. And geez, everybody always has a problem on here 24/7 GTAF has been down the drain since September 17th. :dozing:

• Android likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 13 October 2013 - 10:00 PM.

I bet you're one of those people who don't even look at the names of the stuff on the map and just rush through the game because you think it's still called Pay and Spray.

I'm on my second playthrough about two weeks now and I still call it Pay 'N' Spray. Its been like that for years and I want it kept like that.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

I agree about the need for personal vehicles to be identified. I receive bounties for stealing cars that I thought were regular AI cars. However, some of the biggest complainers are people who spend all of their time causing grief towards others. I have a hard time feeling sorry for douchebags who only find enjoyment in other people's misery.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

What happens whwn you keep getting bad sport and anyone here faced the punishment

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

I hear you OP. I was driving down a road in my hotknife when a bunch of people stuffed in a car as if they were clowns rolled up and sprayed at me with smg's. I tossed a sticky on the road ahead and blew it up as soon as I got ahead of it because they were right on my tail. Next thing I know I'm being called a bad person by a video game because of self defense. I didn't even have a bounty. 

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

MUFC Champions 2012/13!!!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:38 PM Edited by GtaVComments, 13 October 2013 - 10:39 PM.

Nobody play's it like the Sims, people get annoyed to have their sh*t destroyed all of the time by dumb 12 year olds who have a retarded sense of humor. I was on passive and got out of my car to not get shot. Well this TARIK retard decided to put a sticky on my car and what could I do? What am I supposed to do? f*cking laugh, be like it's okay bud, I'm not annoyed at all, I don't give a damn what happens to me? To be honest it is annoying to play with destructive morons all of the time. If money was easy to come by, I wouldn't give a sh*t, but it isn't. And geez, everybody always has a problem on here 24/7 GTAF has been down the drain since September 17th. :dozing:
The thing is, you don't have to be a destructive moron, but at the same time you can have a bit of fun and not feel restricted. If you wanna do something, do it. Play the game the way you want, it's yours. But I understand people getting annoyed on both sides of the argument. It will eventually balanced out anyway.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

And today, I had spent about 20 minutes doing one of simeon's 'chase this guy in the car to retrieve it for me' missions, having chased a guy in a sports car who doesn't ever stop driving no matter what around the entire map, I finally completed the mission with this other guy. As soon as i get out of the mission into free roam, the other guy in the mission spawns near me, gets out his gun, kills me, 20 minutes of my time wasted from the excessively high hospital bill.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:00 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 13 October 2013 - 11:02 PM.

What some people are missing is that OP was NOT killing people randomly like a "retarded 12 years old". It was self defense, what was he expected to do? "Hey guyz feel free 2 kill me lolz"? C'mon.

The ones who ruin the game are those who do nothing but run amok with the excuse that "this is GTA". The other day I decided to play online (has been a rarity since I saw that online isn't as epic as it looked on trailers) and some idiot (Felipe-Boss) went after me until I left the session. Really, I couldn't do anything or go anywhere without that idiot going after me for no reason at all but FOR THE LOLZ. Go get a life, seriously - this is not what GTA is about. 

If one has a bounty on their head, I'm pretty sure that it's their right to defend themselves like OP did. And it's a whole lot new level of stupidity if you have someone like Felipe-Boss after you and you end up being classified "bad sport" if you decide to get revenge and blow his car up or whatever. Leave bad sport for those who deserve it, like the idiot saying the other day that he wanted to ruin others' experience because it was his game or whatever.

After all, what's the point of the "enemy" feature (or whatever it's called) if it doesn't track who has been killing you non-stop and lets you get revenge? Surely if someone is doing nothing but go after me I have a right to give it back to them without being called "bad sport"? (just an example)

• ajrunke likes this

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

And today, I had spent about 20 minutes doing one of simeon's 'chase this guy in the car to retrieve it for me' missions, having chased a guy in a sports car who doesn't ever stop driving no matter what around the entire map, I finally completed the mission with this other guy. As soon as i get out of the mission into free roam, the other guy in the mission spawns near me, gets out his gun, kills me, 20 minutes of my time wasted from the excessively high hospital bill.

Yeah, but that's just griefing plain and simple. Not self defense. That's cheap behavior.

The whole "bad sports" thing fractures the community anyway. Segregated players lessens the lot of players in each segment.

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

What some people are missing is that OP was NOT killing people randomly like a "retarded 12 years old". It was self defense, what was he expected to do? "Hey guyz feel free 2 kill me lolz"? C'mon.

The ones who ruin the game are those who do nothing but run amok with the excuse that "this is GTA". The other day I decided to play online (has been a rarity since I saw that online isn't as epic as it looked on trailers) and some idiot (Felipe-Boss) went after me until I left the session. Really, I couldn't do anything or go anywhere without that idiot going after me for no reason at all but FOR THE LOLZ. Go get a life, seriously - this is not what GTA is about. 

If one has a bounty on their head, I'm pretty sure that it's their right to defend themselves like OP did. And it's a whole lot new level of stupidity if you have someone like Felipe-Boss after you and you end up being classified "bad sport" if you decide to get revenge and blow his car up or whatever. Leave bad sport for those who deserve it, like the idiot saying the other day that he wanted to ruin others' experience because it was his game or whatever.

After all, what's the point of the "enemy" feature (or whatever it's called) if it doesn't track who has been killing you non-stop and lets you get revenge? Surely if someone is doing nothing but go after me I have a right to give it back to them without being called "bad sport"? (just an example)

Exactly. People are failing to comprehend that I was defending against attackers...........................................

On a side note: I played a mission roughly an hour ago with a friend. We each had our cars and both were pursuing a lawyer with evidence. We both shot up his car I guess too much. He flipped as we both were shooting it and I guess my bullet was  the one to blow up the lawyer's car because it set off a chain reaction, blew up my car and my friend's car. I got another warning for ruining player's vehicles.

That was just funny. Annoying, but funny.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Simple fix:

- Player-owned vehicles that get destroyed by other players just get repaired and delivered back to the person's garage.

No bad sport points and no harm caused to the guy who's vehicle got trashed.

Silverbolt Wolf
  • Silverbolt Wolf

the resident furry

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Carbine rifle or DE .50. Drops them like flies

Neox
  • Neox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

Simple fix:

- Player-owned vehicles that get destroyed by other players just get repaired and delivered back to the person's garage.

No bad sport points and no harm caused to the guy who's vehicle got trashed.

Better fix:

- Insurance bill removed

- Hospital bill removed

These are just totaly dumb.

• Bonnano likes this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

I thought I was super cool

mj-laughing.gif

• Android likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:29 AM Edited by hugh750, 14 October 2013 - 07:30 AM.

all that is there to deter players from destroying other players property but i do agree the high hospital bill is too much.

muzzis44
  • muzzis44

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

Think about it, if there were no "Bad sport" system, everyone would sit in their tanks and blow you up.

NXKS
  • NXKS

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Without bad sport warning you would have:

1. People sticky bombing main intersections all f*cking day.

2. Tanks going on insane rampages for hours sitting outside apartments.

3. RPG spamming noobs

I agree the system needs tweaked like if someone instigates by shooting at you or your vehicle you can blow them up without a bad sport warning, or they have a bounty.

In the mean time just don't blow up too much sh*t. If you're getting attacked and are worried about destroying the vehicle then just face the hospital bill consequence. I blow up peoples sh*t all the time and have only gotten warnings because I don't continuously do it.

WarM4chine
  • WarM4chine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

So another circumstance which happens frequently: A person is trying to kill you and they take cover behind their personal vehicle. You have sticky bomb or grenades. Well, don't use them, otherwise you will be a "bad" sport. I mean seriously, this is f*cking crazy.

Bad sportsmanship should be relegated to quitting a match early.....

And furthermore, for the reply that called me a jerk and stating you wouldn't want to play with me: the reason I got the bounty was because I killed someone trying to kill me in the first place. Then, he put a bounty on me. Some of you are little girls. Killing is part of GTA and the circumstances surrounding my bounty wasn't even because I was the aggressor. Double furthermore: as stated, people are constantly getting bounties put on their heads by NPCs. I suppose, some of you little whimps would only be satisfied if the people with bounties would just stand in the middle of the road and allow you to collect it without fighting back.

Kids these days.....

Comes in to whine then calls others ITT whiney.

• Android likes this

SimMaster
  • SimMaster

San Andreas Explorer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

It's bullsh*t that people can spawn kill you over and over and make you lose thousands of dollars for no reason, and get nothing.. but if you get kicked randomly from a game or blow up someone's car, you're a bad sport. Rockstar needs to fix the bad sport sh*t.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

I Saw some guy in a car chasing me when I was on foot, he was on the other side of the wall so I couldn't shoot him, and I couldn't lob a grenade either because I didn't know if that was his vehicle so I had to Literally not engage him unless I had a clear shot of him. Stupid system the Bad sport is and not marking player vehicles.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

One of the problems for me, with the personal vehicle thing is; when someone sees my car, and wants to steal it, they shoot me, and try to get in my car. When they notice that it's locked(I have turned on crew+friends access), they can't just leave it. They HAVE to destroy my car, they just have to. Why? I don't know. But it's really smart that they have to pay the insurance themselves, because I would not want to pay 3k every single time someone destroys my ride. I know it's GTA, and not rainbows and unicorns, but it shouldn't be only killing and sabotage either. You should be able to mind your own business every now and then. 

• Android likes this

irishsm0ke
  • irishsm0ke

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

The bad sport thing is stupid. Though it is highly annoying when people with tanks/jets rain holy hell fire on you repeatedly to the point where you have to switch to another lobby. 

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:20 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 14 October 2013 - 08:24 AM.

I haven't played online but thats a bummer that you get bs points for self defense.

It's weird because RDR had a self defense system in SP at least. You were free to fire away as long as you didn't take the first shot.

Coltfanjay
  • Coltfanjay

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Getting your personal car destroyed is annoying, but to be honest, the only people who constantly bitch about getting killed in freemode (like those guys above) are just people who are horrible at the game anyway.

How does it make me horrible if I get ran over as I spawn outside my apt, or immediately after a mission. Kill me in a straight up gunfight, than, ok, my bad. But run me over like I'm an npc, then I don't see that I'm horrible

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users