Quantcast

» «
Photo

Different units within same apartment building?

10 replies to this topic
AngelKing4t7
  • AngelKing4t7

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

So, I had been under the impression that there were only three different appearances for the interior of your apartment (based on them being 2-car, 6-car or 10-car capacity) with the only major difference being the location of the building and the view out the window (if any). However, upon having finally saved up enough money to upgrade to an apartment with a 10-car garage, I hopped in to an Invite Only lobby to take a chopper tour around the city and do some real estate research. What I've found has left me a little conflicted, and I'd love to get as much info as I can before I invest $300k in a change of address.

So, does anyone know if there is a difference between the interiors of the apartments that are located in the same building? Like, I would figure Tinsel Towers Apt. 45 has a better view than Tinsel Towers Apt. 29, since I assume it is located on the 4th floor vs the 2nd floor... but the property description for Apt. 29 specifically calls out that it has "parquet flooring, granite countertops, floating fireplace, bland modern art, walk-in closet, towel warmers, leather headboard, man cave..." whereas Apt. 45 doesn't say anything more specific than "retro-slash-ultramodern apartment building." Also of note is the fact that, despite being on a lower floor, Apt. 29 is $16,000 more expensive.

If the descriptions on Dynasty 8's website are meaningless, and all the 10-car-capacity apartments are the same once you get inside, then it's a no-brainer that I want to move in to Del Perro heights. The multiple nearby stores for quick money-making as soon as you spawn, the proximity to the beach/pier area and golf course, and the easy commute to the dock/helipad area make it the prime location in my opinion. However, if the apartments really ARE different on the inside, I feel like it will be a toss-up between Tinsel Towers Apt. 29 and Weasel Plaza Apt. 101.

Honestly, I'm just really disappointed at the lack of understandable or useful information available about the properties when you're apartment hunting online. So, I guess, props to R* for the realism on that front!

AngelKing4t7
  • AngelKing4t7

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

Anybody have any input whatsoever on this? Personal experiences you can share that might shed light on the details of how this stuff works?

$205k vs $335k is a pretty steep price increase if it's not actually going to make any difference in what I get besides what dot on the map I have to drive to access it.

Gameassassin1020
  • Gameassassin1020

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Yes there are 3 homes in game so far. I believe rockstar will be adding more. Remember this is like an mmo. On launch there is very little content.

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

You just pay for the view, but imhonit's worth it. I have the 391k Eclipse Towers apartment, and it has an amazing view which makes the appartment feel so much more special.

kushalKD
  • kushalKD

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Weazel Plaza Apt. 101 is the way to go. You have a huge driveway too.

AngelKing4t7
  • AngelKing4t7

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

You just pay for the view, but imhonit's worth it. I have the 391k Eclipse Towers apartment, and it has an amazing view which makes the appartment feel so much more special.

So do you know if the different units within each building have different views, since (presumably) they are on different floors? If so, I'm gonna save up a little bit more and get Apt. 101 in Weazel Plaza, since I bet the view from up there is pretty sweet.

N7 Colonel Dre
  • N7 Colonel Dre

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

I have Apt 29 and my friend has Apt 45 in Tinsel Towers.

There really isn't a furnishing difference between the two. 

The only real difference are the views and the price. 

Awesome view from Apt 29 though...

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

They have different views within one building. You can see which direction the appartment faces in by selecting it on the Dynasty real estate website map.

AngelKing4t7
  • AngelKing4t7

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:36 PM Edited by AngelKing4t7, 13 October 2013 - 07:37 PM.

They have different views within one building. You can see which direction the appartment faces in by selecting it on the Dynasty real estate website map.

You sure about that? If you mean the green teardrop-shaped icons with the yellow house on them, I'm pretty sure those are just tabs to show more than one available property within a single building. They cascade down in a clockwise circle from the one that's just pointed straight down. Notice how all the other properties that are only one unit are oriented like that? You think 90% of the apartments and garages in the game all face the directly south?

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

Oh, well an appartment I bought faced in the direction shown on the map. My apologies for being misleading.

sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Weazel Plaza Apt. 101 is the way to go. You have a huge driveway too.

This

I had the 205k apartment near the beach, it was cool but the location sucked imo, it was so far away from everything, it was at the edge of town, this one is perfect, it's really well placed, next to the highway and the driveway is sweet!

The other ones, especially the building with the 400k apartment, is just so remote, it's in a green area of the map and not in the city lol. I had the money but went with Weazel 101, way better

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users