Telltale Games' The Wolf Among Us.

71 replies to this topic
Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

I finished episode 1 a few days ago and it was great.

I am now hooked on this and TWD. So I am hoping we get a date for episode 2 soon.

That's always the hard part, they release the episodes bi-monthly and the wait is a bitch when you're hooked on the story. :lol:

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Sorry for the double post but this needs a bump.

Here is the trailer for episode 2. It supposedly is releasing next week, as Telltale said first week of February.

Dat trailer doe....

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:54 AM

Holy sh*t, finally. im enjoying this more than the TWD to be honest.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:02 AM Edited by Audiophile, 31 January 2014 - 04:02 AM.

Same.

I am on episode 5 of TWD season 1 and I enjoyed the first episode of Wolf Among Us a lot more than all the episodes I played of TWD. Maybe partly because the story in TWAU is just more interesting to me. Possibly because TWD season 1 was semi-spoiled for me prior to me playing it.

TWD might be my favourite again once I get to season 2, I have that loaded up for when I'm ready. But at the moment it's TWAU.

That trailer was great.

Spoiler

Don't think I needed to make that a spoiler but meh, just to be safe.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

Telltale is quite busy these days. 

TWD, TWAU, plus Tales from the Borderlands (which is gonna be just as awesome!)...

...and Game of Thrones

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

I personally can't wait for Game of Thrones. Huge fan of the books and show.

But I'll be picking up Tales from the Borderlands as well. It should be good.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

I can't wait for the delays!

Oh, there they are!

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

Sorry to spam up the thread more, but an exact release date has now been given:

http://www.polygon.c...rs-release-date

The second episode of The Wolf Among Us, Smoke and Mirrors, will arrive on Mac and Windows PC on Steam as well as PlayStation 3 in North America on Feb. 4, according to a tweet from developer Telltale Games.

DestructoBoi420_2.0
  • DestructoBoi420_2.0

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

Anybody play episode 2 yet?

I bought the season pass the day before it launched but Xbox Live is having DLC issues lately and it tried to make me pay for Ep. 2 seperately. :sui:

Luckily I was sent a code today that lets me redeem a download for Ep. 2. It's still pretty sh*tty that the season pass doesn't work the way it's supposed to. :/

Also, this game is amazing yes, but The Walking Dead FTW! :cool:

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:27 AM Edited by Audiophile, 07 February 2014 - 01:29 AM.

Yes, I played it the day it came out without any issues. I heard the console launch did have some, so hopefully those will be resolved soon!

The episode was pretty good. I enjoyed it, did it seem a little short to anyone else? Maybe I was just that into the story.

Spoiler

I like where the story is going so far, I want to know more. The wait for episode 3 begins.

EDIT: I have way too many posts on this page. :lol:

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

Got my code a hour or so ago whilst playing Fable. Will be playing episode 2 tonight or in the morning.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

Tales from the borderlands??? How's that gonna work?
How do Telltale Games get their hands into so many other franchises?

Also downloading Wolf epi 2 from code now.
I hope it's fixed next episode.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:28 AM Edited by Werebot85, 07 February 2014 - 11:30 AM.

Tales from the borderlands??? How's that gonna work?

It's a joint project between Telltale and Gearbox and just a spin-off set in the same world as Borderlands featuring some of the characters from the original series plus a whole bunch of new ones, but it will be a typical Telltale game with the same style and gameplay you'd expect from them. It won't be a fps btw, but it's gonna be "big and bombastic" according to Telltale.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

I've never even heard of these games, but I've just watched a gameplay clip of The Walking Dead on youtube and it looks incredible!

Can I buy this in the shops or is it a download game?

Woa, I'm confused. Are the FPS and the point and click versions of this game two separate games?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

This topic is about Wolf Amongs Us, not the Walking Dead.

But there's two different games about the Walking Dead, there's the Walking Dead: Survival Instincts, which is a horrible FPS game. You want to have the other one :)

Anyway I got the 2nd Episode but haven't played it yet, it's been so long between EP 1. and 2.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:41 PM Edited by Werebot85, 07 February 2014 - 02:44 PM.

Edit: ninjad by Fireman

The Walking Dead made by Telltale Games is a completely different game from first person shoooter Walking Dead made by (forgot who). The latter game sucks and should be avoided at all costs imo.

There is a retail disc version of the first season of The Walking Dead (Telltale) but for now you can only download episodes from the second season and The Wolf Among Us. Both should be released on disc after all 5 episodes have been released.
  • OurJud likes this

Donald_Duck_ GTA5
  • Donald_Duck_ GTA5

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

Played this game from PS3 yesterday have episod1 and 2, wow :pp Snow White is so beautiful,i really fall in love with her!

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:57 PM Edited by Chukkles, 08 February 2014 - 06:58 PM.

This is so dark.
I look forward to where it be heading. Lol.
I just hope the rest of the episodes aren't as short as 2.
Walking dead had a short 1 or 2 episodes though.

I swear I saw in the "on the next episode" part at the end of epi 1 we saw Bigby as full on werewolf and then saw the same again at the end of epi 2. Or am I imagining this?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

I swear I saw in the "on the next episode" part at the end of epi 1 we saw Bigby as full on werewolf and then saw the same again at the end of epi 2. Or am I imagining this?

Yeah I thought he was spose to do that in Ep. 2. Haven't played it yet, but by your MASSIVE SPOILERING I assume he isn't :p

Just kidding obviously.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

I've really enjoyed the first two episodes, so much to the point where I will end up checking out the comics... but do these episodes (including Episode 1 of TWD) seem hella short? I know they are episodes, but I smashed through episode 2 in a hour in a half maybe two hours at the most.

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:47 PM Edited by Nuggets, 08 February 2014 - 08:51 PM.

Bought this today on steam and played the first episodes and I have to say wow. If you're looking for a story, this is it. Characters A+. Especially the frog guy. :D A small minus is that the second episode took only about 1 and a half hour for me to finish while the first took about 2 and a half. I like the dark style and I like the setting more than TWD with the overdone zombies.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

I've really enjoyed the first two episodes, so much to the point where I will end up checking out the comics... but do these episodes (including Episode 1 of TWD) seem hella short? I know they are episodes, but I smashed through episode 2 in a hour in a half maybe two hours at the most.

Yeah, I'll be honest they do seem a bit short. I wonder sometimes if it's just that I am enjoying them that much?

Episode 2 seemed way shorter than 1. When playing Walking Dead, episodes seemed to drag on sometimes. I don't have that feeling with Wolf Among Us.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:54 AM Edited by Majestic81, 09 February 2014 - 03:54 AM.

Episode 2 was nice, but short. same as the season 2 episode 1 of The Walking Dead. i had hoped that after all those delays that they'd spend more time on that episode, but guess not. its not that it wasnt good, the story, choices as usual were great. i just dont wanna finish it in 60 mins..

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:03 AM

Holy poop, I completely forgot that I made this thread.

Anyway, I might be getting episode 2 in a few days. Good thing I held off from the spoilers.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

El Hoxo

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Have to revive this thread. I'm too excited.  

just finished Episode 3, and without spoiling anything; It's f*cking incredible

The Episode itself in terms of story and all that is great. But that ending. That ending was just insane.  

*Minor spoilers in form of description*

Spoiler

I really hope Episode 4 doesn't take too long. But it looks like their release is schedule is basically every 2 months or so. Since Episode 2 came out around February 4th, did it not? Episode 3 came out April 8th. So it should be every 2 months, every Tuesday. 

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

New Episode is out, I started over because I hadn't played in a long time. Did the first episode again and starting the second one soon, followed by the third.

Never played episode 2 or 3 yet, so no idea what to expect, will be exciting.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

This is so freaking underrated compared to The Walking Dead.

Also, BlueBeard is voiced by Lee Everett, right?

(I don't care what the actor's name is, he is and will always be Lee Everett)

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

El Hoxo

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

Also, BlueBeard is voiced by Lee Everett, right?

Yep. Dave Fennoy. 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0271965/

Honestly, I'm enjoying WAU way more than Season 2 of TWD right now. I have a feeling Season 2 will pick up in Episode 3. Although I did enjoy Episode 2 quite a bit. 

Still, Episode 3 of WAU was just great. Gets me seriously excited for the last two episodes. 

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

I also though Toad Junior was voiced by Clementine :p

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

Just finished Episode 2, WUT A TWEESTS

I'm playing this as good guy right now, will probably play it again as "that bad guy".

I enjoy this more than walking dead, much more intrigueing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users