Photo

Telltale Games' The Wolf Among Us.

73 replies to this topic
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Telltale Games is at it again, they've just recently released Episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us. And it's just as awesome as The Walking Dead was, really making me doubt if GTAV really IS the king this year.

All I can say is, buy it, buy the sh*t out of it, buy it again, buy the sh*t out of it again, and then get everyone you know to buy it.

I know it's based off of Fable, not Telltale's world, but I gotta tell ya.

This has got to be the best modern-world recreation of ancient fairytale characters I have ever seen in my entire life... Disney can suck a dick.

• Tyler and Bonnano like this

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

it's an amazing game! everyone should try it

can say I enjoyed the game more than TWD

The Milkman
  • The Milkman

"I'm just picking mushrooms and berries."

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

I just completed it and have to agree, the first episode is awesome. I didn't know about the comics, but you get into the characters really quick, when you know a bit about fairytales. The atmosphere and the universe feels just great. Any word on when the next episode will come out?

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Ive been looking for something to play,i enjoyed TWD. i will definitely try this.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by Vorpax, 13 October 2013 - 06:42 PM.

I'm not that impressed with these kind of games usually, but i do adore the art and drawing style! It has this unique disney cartoons and Don Bluth's vibe about it, which makes atmosphere memorable, regardless of how good gameplay/story is! However as far as gameplay goes i wouldn't say its all that good, as a matter of fact i'm expecting Broken Sword: Serpent Curse to be much better and thats the only "drawn" game i'm looking forward to!

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

I love Telltale's games (even Jurassic Park which got really bad reviews. I didn't think it was actually that bad), and I'm definitely gonna get this new Fables series.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

It's better than TWD. Can't believe that ending.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Pretty awesome, it's quite awkward identifying with the game in the beginning (cause yeah all these Fables everywhere).

I thought the ending should've been stretched over another episode it would've made it stronger.

And no gameplay again, oh well who cares.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

No thanks, the ending to the Walking Dead left a bad taste in my mouth with it extremely generic ending, (no troll) 

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

No thanks, the ending to the Walking Dead left a bad taste in my mouth with it extremely generic ending, (no troll) 

I'm going to murder you in your sleep and then I'm gonna throw your corpse off the Empire State Building.

Tyler
  • Tyler

I couldn't possibly comment

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm glad they're omitting puzzles even more in this game. Seems like Telltale is learning what their fans love -- the concentration on dialogue is great and I hope they continue to emphasize hectic combat and choice trees over puzzles and adventure. Anyhow, definitely going to be grabbing the rest of the episodes of this.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm glad they're omitting puzzles even more in this game. Seems like Telltale is learning what their fans love -- the concentration on dialogue is great and I hope they continue to emphasize hectic combat and choice trees over puzzles and adventure. Anyhow, definitely going to be grabbing the rest of the episodes of this.

Where were the puzzles then?

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

The first time I've put GTA V down since sept 17 was tonite to play this.

It's f*cking brilliant! It might even surpass TWD. Really enjoyed ep1...can't wait for ep2.

Right...back to GTA.....

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

Your post left a bad taste in my mouth :| (no troll)

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

I played some of Episode one, been feeling sh*tty because something bad happened, so i just quit. im enjoying it more than TWD, i like the main character. and the setting seems pretty interesting.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:39 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 16 October 2013 - 06:40 AM.

I guess I have to embrace the hate for knowing the game from Pewdiepie's playthrough, but anyway...

... the game does seem quite awesome. If I had a debit card/credit card/Monopoly cash I would buy it.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

Loving it so far. Did two play throughs already just to see how much the story changed. Can't wait for the next Episode. 

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

I never considered TWD to be an actual game. It's more like an interactive movie. It's good, but the category isn't. I mean, it got GOTY. I'd rather have something else that sucks but actually is a GAME. I didn't check out the game, but if it's the same stuff, I don't give a damn.

• B Dawg likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

I never considered TWD to be an actual game. It's more like an interactive movie. It's good, but the category isn't. I mean, it got GOTY. I'd rather have something else that sucks but actually is a GAME. I didn't check out the game, but if it's the same stuff, I don't give a damn.

I am going to sell your body to Jamaican sex lords.

• The Milkman likes this

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

turnt up

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

I finished the first episode last night. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not because it's the first telltale game I've played but I absolutely loved the gritty atmosphere and characters and the dialogue is really good most of the time too. Also, that ending did surprise me.

Looking forward to episode 2, they're supposed to come out monthly aren't they?

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

I finished the first episode last night. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not because it's the first telltale game I've played but I absolutely loved the gritty atmosphere and characters and the dialogue is really good most of the time too. Also, that ending did surprise me.

Looking forward to episode 2, they're supposed to come out monthly aren't they?

Well, maybe ...Iunno.

Strong Bad came out every month, TWD was less consistent, but thankfully resulted in better quality.

And yeah, Telltale is really my favorite singleplayer developer now.

Strong Bad's Cool Game 4 Attractive People

The Walking Dead

And now The Wolf Among Us.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

TellTale have let me down, I used to support them back when they did Adventure Games, but since Back to the Future, all they really do is simplified Adventures to reel people in, and thanks to the huge success of The Walking Dead they will be continuing with that. They are a different company now to the one they were three to four years ago.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

TellTale have let me down, I used to support them back when they did Adventure Games, but since Back to the Future, all they really do is simplified Adventures to reel people in, and thanks to the huge success of The Walking Dead they will be continuing with that. They are a different company now to the one they were three to four years ago.

Main problem I have (which I didn't have with TWD) is that this is more like a detective game, but without any gameplay. No puzzles, no searching for anything, nothing.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Main problem I have (which I didn't have with TWD) is that this is more like a detective game, but without any gameplay. No puzzles, no searching for anything, nothing.

Yep, a detective game where you yourself are not doing very much in the way of deduction... which is a real shame.

My problem with Telltale is that their games are very glitchy and buggy, this is no exception to that rule, also a game set almost entirely on QTEs, another annoyance. Games like Beyond 2 souls and heavy rain get slaughtered for it as well, bit of a double standard there (I know the story here is way better but nobody seems to care that it is all QTEs)

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

It's a really awesome game, loved the 1st Episode. 8.7/10

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

I am going to sell your body to Jamaican sex lords.

I ain't stopping you. But to be serious, you're either over-reacting it, or you're thinking this is funny.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Well I just picked this up for my iPad Air.

Was looking to get some games on it and I always loved the TWD series they did, figured this would be great. I've only just started but it looks promising.

Anyone know when episode 2 is coming out?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

Two months ago, but it got cancelled/delayed, let's keep it at delayed.

Probably this month now.

• Audiophile likes this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, I heard it got delayed because of TWD Season 2. Just wasn't sure if there was an official date for the second episode so I figured I would ask.

Thanks. Here's hoping it's soon.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:22 AM

Wow, this thread is old.

Also, to those who say this game is completely QTEs.

This one has QTEs, yes.

But they're much better.

I play on the 360, and they make much more sense.

Right hand/right legged actions are mapped to RT.

Left ones are mapped to LT.

Dodging and movements are mapped to the Left Stick.

Pulling, pushing or struggling is mapped to A, and the break point of that is one of the other face buttons.

And the game doesn't actually fail you if you miss one, you keep going with a cut or a bruise.

That makes for probably the most intense action sequences in video games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users