Quantcast

» «
Photo

Difference between missions on map/jobs/missions from contacts?

9 replies to this topic
Suman
  • Suman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Here's something I can't seem to understand:

When you're finished with the tutorial, there are 8 missions on the map, and they are all a sort of competitive pvp missions.

I suppose the missions on the map are part of "jobs", and jobs are the 4 types e.g. deathmatch, race, correct?

And then there are the story missions, that you can get on your phone from the various contacts.

But the missions on the map, what are they? They are all competitve, but do they do the same as the contact missions; progress the story?

I'd just like a clear definition on the three things!

ACUK82
  • ACUK82

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Wondered the same thing. Do we have to do the missions marked on the map?

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:51 AM Edited by philthethrill81, 13 October 2013 - 09:52 AM.

No you don't. I do not believe the story-line progresses based on what missions you've done. Missions from contacts unlock when you level

I don't know if there's some sort of achievement for completing all the map missions but I knew they were all a waste of time (like Simeons) and didn't bother with any of them.

Outlinez
  • Outlinez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:59 AM Edited by Outlinez, 13 October 2013 - 10:01 AM.

There's an achievement for taking part in everything LS has to offer, i'm guessing that involves doing each thing on the map at least once for the green tick.

NPC missions are separate as far as i know and yea they unlock as you level and have done the previous ones for that NPC, the ones on the map don't progress the story either, story kinda progress' them if that makes sense, like after awhile survival mode gets unlocked as a blue map icon off an NPC.

Suman
  • Suman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:04 AM Edited by Suman, 13 October 2013 - 10:06 AM.

There's an achievement for taking part in everything LS has to offer, i'm guessing that involves doing each thing on the map at least once for the green tick.

NPC missions are separate as far as i know and yea they unlock as you level and have done the previous ones for that NPC, the ones on the map don't progress the story either, story kinda progress' them if that makes sense, like after awhile survival mode gets unlocked as a blue map icon off an NPC.

Aha, so the ones on the map can be called bonus "missions" I guess? So it's just about leveling until you get the missions from the contacts, and then THEY are the ones that count towards the story?

Another thing that confuses me is that I did Chasers, the Simeon mission, with a friend while I was rank 4, and you only get missions from him at rank 5 and up. It even said in the right description box "Rank required: 5 (You are 4). Do you think this complicated anything? That I did the mission, and when I finished it I got rank 5? Did I help my friend in doing it or did I do it myself too? 

Outlinez
  • Outlinez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

From what i can tell it doesn't hurt your progression by doing friends missions and as for the level that really only applies to the host possibly its a bug where lower levels can join the missions 

friends that have been doing all my missions have still been getting theirs as normal even tho they have played several on my story

Suman
  • Suman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

From what i can tell it doesn't hurt your progression by doing friends missions and as for the level that really only applies to the host possibly its a bug where lower levels can join the missions 

friends that have been doing all my missions have still been getting theirs as normal even tho they have played several on my story

Alright, that sounds good! It's just that I got a cutscene of Simeon talking to me, from the mission I completed for my friend. But I hope I'll get that mission myself too!

Outlinez
  • Outlinez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

oh yea that happens after every simeon mission if i remember rightly lol different speech but they do alternate 

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Alright, that sounds good! It's just that I got a cutscene of Simeon talking to me, from the mission I completed for my friend. But I hope I'll get that mission myself too!

You want to get the "chasers' mission?

Serious?

Suman
  • Suman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

You want to get the "chasers' mission?

Serious?

For story purposes, since the contact missions progress the story I suppose?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users