Photo

If you let your kids play GTA you're horrible parent

325 replies to this topic
Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by Vooodu, 13 October 2013 - 07:55 PM.

Look and listen i am not going to turn this form in to lets prove or diss prove the bible all i was trying to say was i respect ones faith or what there belief is, This was about kids play gta and people are trying to bring god - bible in to this topic,  probably because they have lost there argument and looking for a way to sided track the real topic here.

So if ones faith and belief is.  "My kid is smart enough to know this is a game, its not real and just for fun"  Should it matter to anyone else.? 

I am personally tired of people and the media trying to shove their beliefs about what other people should think.

Most of the people claiming our society is violent due to games, movies and music usually are clutching a certain holy book in one hand while doing so.   A book filled with violence that has been the cause of even more violence through the years. 

But hey, people are free to think what ever they want.  If people wanna think the bible is real  I could care less.  I like to think that wrestling is real when I watch it.  To each their own.

Kill_flesh
  • Kill_flesh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by Kill_flesh, 13 October 2013 - 07:57 PM.

Not all of us are morons. I am 14 and I not only don't have a mic, I don't "grief" either. Don't lump us all together. That is like saying everyone of a certain ethnicity is exactly the same.

You're way too young to be playing this game

When did you start playing? Besides, I can obviously tell it shouldn't be imitated. Age doesn't matter if you are mature enough.

It doesn't matter how 'mature' you think you are, you're still just a fourteen year old. You're a child. You're not even 'nearly' an adult.

You really shouldn't be playing this game - I don't think it's ok for a fourteen year old to be playing a game where you can deal drugs, pay for sex with a prostitute and then kill her, and have graphic 3d lap dances. You would have to be completely f*cked in the head, or a fourteen year old yourself, to not understand how wrong that is.

The real problem here is, most children don't understand satire, and GTA5 is a very crude, blunt satire, that if misunderstood or taken liberally (like children are bent to do), it could give someone a pretty warped view of society. Crude, blatant sexism and racism, the over the top scantily clad women, the adverts that say 'degrading the female form since 1880' or whatever - these are things kids just SHOULD NOT be subjected to under any circumstances.

That does not matter. What is really wrong with it? If a kid understand it is a game, then I see no reason to not let a child play.

if you would let your child play a game filled with writing that says things like 'objectifying the female form since 1880', or a game that lets you torture people, or physically touch lapdancers in clubs, then all the power to you, but I think that is pretty f*cked up.

Personally, if I was a parent, I wouldn't let me kid near a video game like this. Sure, maybe it wouldn't f*ck them up, but it is the simple PRINCIPLE of the fact that you don't willingly expose your children to things like that.

The funny thing is, most of these people railing against my posts are clearly kids - ill thought out, defensive comments that could not possibly have been devised by an adult (or god help us all).

Lastly, age is the best determiner we have for maturity, especially when it comes to products. OF COURSE we can equate maturity with age - the very word itself means age for Christ's sake. Is it a fail-safe method? No , butthere is no alternative beyond screening every potential customer personally, which is just ridiculous.

Mike Haddrick
  • Mike Haddrick

Not your favorite poster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Not all of us are morons. I am 14 and I not only don't have a mic, I don't "grief" either. Don't lump us all together. That is like saying everyone of a certain ethnicity is exactly the same.

When did you start playing? Besides, I can obviously tell it shouldn't be imitated. Age doesn't matter if you are mature enough.

It doesn't matter how 'mature' you think you are, you're still just a fourteen year old. You're a child. You're not even 'nearly' an adult.

You really shouldn't be playing this game - I don't think it's ok for a fourteen year old to be playing a game where you can deal drugs, pay for sex with a prostitute and then kill her, and have graphic 3d lap dances. You would have to be completely f*cked in the head, or a fourteen year old yourself, to not understand how wrong that is.

The real problem here is, most children don't understand satire, and GTA5 is a very crude, blunt satire, that if misunderstood or taken liberally (like children are bent to do), it could give someone a pretty warped view of society. Crude, blatant sexism and racism, the over the top scantily clad women, the adverts that say 'degrading the female form since 1880' or whatever - these are things kids just SHOULD NOT be subjected to under any circumstances.

That does not matter. What is really wrong with it? If a kid understand it is a game, then I see no reason to not let a child play.

if you would let your child play a game filled with writing that says things like 'objectifying the female form since 1880', or a game that lets you torture people, or physically touch lapdancers in clubs, then all the power to you, but I think that is pretty f*cked up.

Personally, if I was a parent, I wouldn't let me kid near a video game like this. Sure, maybe it wouldn't f*ck them up, but it is the simple PRINCIPLE of the fact that you don't willingly expose your children to things like that.

The funny thing is, most of these people railing against my posts are clearly kids - ill thought out, defensive comments that could not possibly have been devised by an adult (or god help us all).

Lastly, age is the best determiner we have for maturity, especially when it comes to products. OF COURSE we can equate maturity with age - the very word itself means age for Christ's sake. Is it a fail-safe method? No , butthere is no alternative beyond screening every potential customer personally, which is just ridiculous.

Actually, This post changed my mind. I half-agree, Some children might be "Special" and can't be exposed to this content. But mature children, I think, should play this game. BUT as I said and others said, They need to have a discussion with their parent.

Thank you, Bro.

JRC99
  • JRC99

I just made a giant masterpiece...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Just because it's in the game doesn't mean I use it. I'm more interested in customizing cars and driving them than anything else.

OmchGaming
  • OmchGaming

Public Enemy

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:03 PM Edited by OmchGaming, 13 October 2013 - 08:03 PM.

Im 14 i have been playing since gta VC and you know what......i KNOW i'm not going to kill anyone or cuss at anyone (speaking of course) or go have sex and do drugs. My parents DO know i play this game. I dont do this sh*t because im not a 8 yr old squeaker little brat and i'm also not a f*cking retard either.

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Amazing, simply amazing. Maturity isn't a factor at all to you close minded nuns. Just because a fourteen or fifteen year old is a "child" doesn't mean they don't have a complete understanding of what is real and what is not. A matter of fact, I've heard far worse come out of the so called "mature" adults that play this game. Grouping people together isn't right, it is illogical, and to be quite honest, it just shows how intolerant you people who back this fool are. I don't condone kids younger than thirteen playing games like this, and I can see your reasoning as to why it is bad for them. It is up to the parent to decide if their child is ready for the responsibility of playing such a mature game. Maybe parents are using video games such as GTA 5 as babysitters, but back when you were probably rubbing one out to the bible, other children were being babysat by either a drunk lunatic or a television set.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

My first gta was vice city. I was 7 so...... Undoubtably the most violent gta in terms of gore and blood. Played San Andreas when I was 9. If anything it's the parents job to teach their kids right from wrong, not the entertainment. If you don't think your kid is mature enough to play, then don't let the,.

Kill_flesh
  • Kill_flesh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by Kill_flesh, 13 October 2013 - 08:38 PM.

Amazing, simply amazing. Maturity isn't a factor at all to you close minded nuns. Just because a fourteen or fifteen year old is a "child" doesn't mean they don't have a complete understanding of what is real and what is not.

Just being able to differentiate between 'what is real and what is not' is besides the point, or rather, it's a very small part of it. Having an undeveloped brain mentally and physically, as all people do until at the very least they are around eighteen to twenty, means they literally interpret stimulus in a different, less developed manner. It is much more far reaching and implicative than being solely down to their sense and grasp of reality. The thing is, if you're an adult yourself, I fail to see how you can't grasp this, especially if you're a parent. 

What about the fact that a fourteen year old wouldn't typically have had any real sexual experiences yet? Is it not messed up to let a young, undeveloped virgin who has had no sexual life, to be encouraged to touch up a stripper when the security isn't looking in a video game?

Also, for what ridiculous reason are you putting the word child in quotation marks? Are you attempting to insinuate that children don't exist? I hope not, because children do exist - they are the name we give mentally and physically undeveloped human beings - and showing a child extremely sexist, and extremely violent imagery will effect them far beyond your poorly conceived notion of their being able to tell real from not. You may know that if you have a grasp of psychology or cognitive function and development.

Seems to me most of the reasonably thought out, and not completely inflammatory, defensive remarks have been from the people agreeing with me, which would lead me to the conclusion most of the people pissed off with what I'm saying are actually kids themselves, which would explain a lot about this thread and this forum.

A_Monkey_Ratchet
  • A_Monkey_Ratchet

Inquisitor

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:03 PM Edited by A_Monkey_Ratchet, 13 October 2013 - 09:06 PM.

Just to throw this in here, I'm 16 and I don't repeatedly shoot someone and laugh. I do, however, laugh when an opposing play is trying to kill me and get's completely screwed over by another player or a cop or ect. I also don't curse like a drunken sailor to "fit in" with the mature audience. TO be honest, kids will say the F word and call each other fa**ot no matter what. It's not the game that makes them into little brats with language issues, it's the person and the moral choices they make.

P.S. Can we leave religion out of this? I am a Christian, but I don't think religion is relevant at all.

Zone-Tan
  • Zone-Tan

Zone Archive

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:04 PM Edited by Zone-Tan, 13 October 2013 - 09:07 PM.

Get this straight, a parent is only a horribly messed up parent if they buy games like GTA and then blame the game creators for what they see on tv or what their kids do. Ignorance is bliss, but god damn it parents, I know you might like to be young and all but sh*t, it's called responsibility, majority of you try and teach your kids that.

• Mike Haddrick likes this

Ivibezz
  • Ivibezz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

I bet many of you started playing GTA at a young age, so get off your high horses, hypocritical grown ups. It was fine for me to play GTA III at age 10 but now it's child abuse is the vibe you give off. I've met annoying kids in multiplayer but also very annoying and stupid adults, mute them, kill them, or change server...

Actually, I started out with Mario Bros, homie. My mom would have never let me play something this realistic with such graphic content. Also, I was about 20 when GTA 3 came out.

Good try, though, sport.

I bet many of you started playing GTA at a young age, so get off your high horses, hypocritical grown ups. It was fine for me to play GTA III at age 10 but now it's child abuse is the vibe you give off. I've met annoying kids in multiplayer but also very annoying and stupid adults, mute them, kill them, or change server...

Actually, I started out with Mario Bros, homie. My mom would have never let me play something this realistic with such graphic content. Also, I was about 20 when GTA 3 came out.

Good try, though, sport.

No one gives a sh*t if your parents wouldn't let you play the game, you genuinely think that parent's are awful because they let their kids play GTA? f*ck off... same with CoD? Etc? Get a grip.

A_Monkey_Ratchet
  • A_Monkey_Ratchet

Inquisitor

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Hold on. I am sitting here reading and you are saying that no matter how mature you are you shouldn't be playing this because you're not an adult....... what makes it ok for adults? If this game is wrong and bad, shouldn't the more mature people NOT be playing it because they know it is wrong? Seems to me here that it's wrong but as long as you're an adult you can play, EVEN THOUGH IT'S STILL WRONG FOR AN ADULT.

Zone-Tan
  • Zone-Tan

Zone Archive

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hold on. I am sitting here reading and you are saying that no matter how mature you are you shouldn't be playing this because you're not an adult....... what makes it ok for adults? If this game is wrong and bad, shouldn't the more mature people NOT be playing it because they know it is wrong? Seems to me here that it's wrong but as long as you're an adult you can play, EVEN THOUGH IT'S STILL WRONG FOR AN ADULT.

inb4 you're under 16, don't whine

A_Monkey_Ratchet
  • A_Monkey_Ratchet

Inquisitor

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

inb4 you're under 16, don't whine

Ikr? a month away from being an "Adult"

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

Can we stop with these type of topics? Most of us aren't here to discuss whether kids should be playing this or Obama is using mind-control devices...

Though in all seriousness things have changed in 20 years. 20 years ago games were mainly focused on kids. Now games are mainly focused on Adults. Meaning all the kid's games today (Besides Nintendo) are absolute **** so COD and sometimes GTA is were the kids are at now.

Oh yeah and pro-tip: There's a mute button.

• A_Monkey_Ratchet likes this

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

I don't completely agree. I think it really depends on the kid. There are some kids who are pretty mature for their age. I was allowed when I was younger because I knew right from wrong and plus it's a f*cking game! The ones that can't tell the difference shouldn't be playing. I've played gta growing up and my parents aren't or weren't bad parents at all. I actually find it kind of insulting.

Let's face it kids are gonna see this stuff when they get older anyways. Why try to sugar coat life for kids? Why make up some kind of fantasy that life is power rangers and ponies where no one dies or says a curse word?!

It really depends on the environment children are in that makes them "good or bad" I've never met a criminal that's said, "I did this because I played GTA growing up."
  • haythem09 likes this

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:48 PM Edited by Munx, 13 October 2013 - 09:49 PM.

You at 14 should not be playing this, are not allowed to be playing it, and even if your parents said it's ok it is a total disgrace.

Oh lets not pretend that those of us old enough to even use a console back then didnt play GTA 1, 2 or even 3 at a much younger age then 14.

Personally I don't agree that its "unhealthy" for kids to play these kinda games, no more then its unhealthy for them to watch the daily news where you often see dead children from the syria conflict.

The only ones who I see being negativly impacted by a game such as GTA V would be people who are already unstabile, and even for those who are "f*cked up" letting them shot up pixels is a far better alternative.

That said, I think kids with a mic online are a pest, and any parent that dosnt want theyr kid flamed to hell should take care to throw theyr microphones in the trash.

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Amazing, simply amazing. Maturity isn't a factor at all to you close minded nuns. Just because a fourteen or fifteen year old is a "child" doesn't mean they don't have a complete understanding of what is real and what is not.

Just being able to differentiate between 'what is real and what is not' is besides the point, or rather, it's a very small part of it. Having an undeveloped brain mentally and physically, as all people do until at the very least they are around eighteen to twenty, means they literally interpret stimulus in a different, less developed manner. It is much more far reaching and implicative than being solely down to their sense and grasp of reality. The thing is, if you're an adult yourself, I fail to see how you can't grasp this, especially if you're a parent. 

What about the fact that a fourteen year old wouldn't typically have had any real sexual experiences yet? Is it not messed up to let a young, undeveloped virgin who has had no sexual life, to be encouraged to touch up a stripper when the security isn't looking in a video game?

Also, for what ridiculous reason are you putting the word child in quotation marks? Are you attempting to insinuate that children don't exist? I hope not, because children do exist - they are the name we give mentally and physically undeveloped human beings - and showing a child extremely sexist, and extremely violent imagery will effect them far beyond your poorly conceived notion of their being able to tell real from not. You may know that if you have a grasp of psychology or cognitive function and development.

Seems to me most of the reasonably thought out, and not completely inflammatory, defensive remarks have been from the people agreeing with me, which would lead me to the conclusion most of the people pissed off with what I'm saying are actually kids themselves, which would explain a lot about this thread and this forum.

Hey guys, check it out, a professional psychologist on a forum dedicated to a video game! Why don't you just go away? Seriously, let people do whatever they want, they aren't hurting anybody. Would you rather have children out on the streets with their friends getting drunk and high? Things aren't the way they used to be, face it. Kids don't play street hockey anymore, they want to get high and drunk because they think it is cool. Whatever you respond to me with, I honestly do not care. Because if you were so smart, you wouldn't be attempting to argue with some guy over the internet.

• Mike Haddrick likes this

Mike Haddrick
  • Mike Haddrick

Not your favorite poster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

3qbcnp.jpg

Jmacz
  • Jmacz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Nobody under the age of 16 should be playing this game imo. And even most 16-17 year olds are to immature for this game. Any parent who lets them play this GTA is a horrible parent. The other GTA's were nothing compared to how raunchy this one is.

Not that I'm complaining, children just should not have the game.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:08 PM Edited by Munx, 13 October 2013 - 10:09 PM.

Nobody under the age of 16 should be playing this game imo. And even most 16-17 year olds are to immature for this game. Any parent who lets them play this GTA is a horrible parent. The other GTA's were nothing compared to how raunchy this one is.

Not that I'm complaining, children just should not have the game.

You are kidding right? this is mild in comparrison to some of the older gta's GTA 3 with the chainsaw made this look like hello kitty online.

Or the heavy pornographic themes in gta Vice City with Candy Suxxx

TVL257
  • TVL257

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

Ehhh, what makes GTA V so violent compares to old title? sh*t, in GTA VC you could blast someone's head away, watch their headless bodies come out of the car and fall then blood comes out of their head with a scaryass final moment. That stuff was haunting me to day on out back when i first played it. GTA V isn't even all that adult-only except for the N-word storm ingame if you ask me

JC-0001
  • JC-0001

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

For f*ck sake why must you make these sh*tty threads. it's as simple as this, If you don't want your child playing the game then don't leave him/her play it, but don't come on here making a f*cking mammy threads about it, bitching and complaining and judging other people.

If they allow their children to play it, so be it. And if you don't like it, f*ck off to another forum.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

I was 19 when GTAIII came out, but I did not even actually play the games until about 2003, and even then, I didn't really play them until IV came out.  

This whole thread is full of sh*t, my 6 year old plays GTA, Saints Row and he mostly just drives around and shooting cops etc, He knows It's a game. A Bad parent is one that Allows this and does not remind him that It's just a game. My son does not see Nudity in the games or any sex acts, other than that we let him play. Also to those so called "Concerned Individuals" My Son does not have anger Issues and he does good in School. He knows right from wrong.

OP has no Idea what he is talking about. My son also see's scary movies. Most people who think Children should be shielded from Scary movies, loud music and bloody games are usually non-parents and/or Christians.

If your son plays GTA at 6 you are a poor parent and should be reported.  It is great if you want to teach him the difference between reality and fake, but letting him do that is NOT the way to go about it.  Kids have to be forced to grow up way too quickly these days thanks to the internet and I find it disgusting.  Kids should be allowed to be kids as long as possible because they need to enjoy their lives before they have to start taking everything seriously.  

I just hope you aren't the parent that takes your 6 year old to a movie like House of 1000 Corpses in a movie theater.  

Spenty
  • Spenty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

Good luck explaining to your kids half the stuff Trevor says and does.

Im Joshsome
  • Im Joshsome

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

http://www.cracked.c...n-into-monster/

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:38 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 14 October 2013 - 05:39 AM.

You at 14 should not be playing this, are not allowed to be playing it, and even if your parents said it's ok it is a total disgrace.

Lol...

I want your opinion about me if a person playing GTA V as 14-year old is "a disgrace"...

Let's see what I have played/watched/something else. Bolded names are games.

GTA III at around 4-6 years old

GTA: SA at around 7-9 years old

• GTA IV when I was 12-13?

CoD 4 when I was 11. No mic though.

• CoD: WaW after that. The dreadful horror of Nazi Zombies lives on. Played all CoD's after those, basically.

• Watched multiple horror movies between 5-16 (my current age)

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (2002 version, not remake)... it's pretty gory if you don't know it. Played it first in when I was like 5-10. Though I was somewhat afraid to go past one room in that game.

• Quake I/II. Legendary games... probably one of my favorite FPS's. Played on a Windows 95 computer and it was fun. I don't know whether they were demos or not, but I still liked them.

• Many 15+ series watched between 6-16 (Lost, Prison Break to name a few from the earlier times)

• All kinds of movie trailers ever since YouTube was launched (in 2005-2006?)

• Never forget sexual enlightenment in schools at around 3-6th grade. That was traumatic. 

Revoltion
  • Revoltion

Rev

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

I haven't read the rest of this thread so I don't know if anyone has said anything similar to what I'm about to say, but I think you're completely wrong.

Yes, I can understand that 8-10 year olds playing this game is a bit too far, but like the person who posted before you I'm 14 and I don't run around swearing over the mic and griefing other players. I also don't think people underage being allowed to play GTAV is a disgrace. If you are mature enough to understand that the game isn't real life and the things that happen in it aren't acceptable to copy in real life then why can't 14 year olds play the game?

I don't know any figures, but It wouldn't suprise me if a farily large amount of Rockstar's income came from people who were legally too young to play their game aswell. Similarly with other well known games like COD (which I don't actually play) I do know that there are a lot of kids running around swearing and abusing other people on COD, but that's not my point, it's that not all are like that an some are mature enough to play it.

• WinterEdit likes this

proweedsmoker
  • proweedsmoker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

I let my 6yr old drive around in a solo session with the sound off. So what.

antidrip
  • antidrip

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

My 5 year old loves GTA and zombie games.
Collected enough money to buy 4 guns, got 4 stars and got away. He also found were helicopters spawn all in about 30 minutes. He loves stealing buses more than anything. Loves fist fights with the drivers and trying to pick up passengers than running them over when they refuse. He sucks at gun fights but daddy is proud.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users