• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

http://www.myfoxtwin...lemaker-history

The father said it was because of GTA.

mrlavalamp
  • mrlavalamp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:27 AM Edited by mrlavalamp, 13 October 2013 - 06:28 AM.

...Not only does this game have actual nudity this time around...

Wait a second there are actual 3D titties?  Well hot damn, I've got 60 hours in and not a single second at the strip club and it's time to change that.

grove4lyfeG
  • grove4lyfeG

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

I think it just depends on if the kid understands its a game and if he has morals and so on. I started gaming at a VERY young age and I started getting into violent and gory games when I got my hands on Resident Evil 2 and I was maybe 9 or 10. Very soon after I got into GTA. I was NEVER affected by this in terms of behavior in real life or anything. So you can blame parents as they do buy the games at that age, but if they see the kid as being able to handle the game then I don't see it as a problem really. All depends on case by case situations and can be argued both ways with the argument of "videogames causing violence." That's my own two cents speaking from my own life.

Let me ask you this.... would your parents have been cool with you shouting "f*ck you, you f*cking ni**er ass fa**ot!" over and over? Would they be cool with you shooting a person's dead body over and over while cackling like a madman?

If so, I hate to break it to you, but they were bad parents.

it's a virtual dead body. also as a racist homophobic myself, i would be proud if he called these people ni**er ass fa**ots. 

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

I let my 5 yo brother play it, volume off, for a few hours.

Come @ me h8rs

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Most people who think Children should be shielded from Scary movies, loud music and bloody games are usually non-parents and/or Christians.

Atheist parent here bud. Try again.

And by try again, I mean try again to be a good parent, because right now? You suck.

explain? see I'm not the one acting like I know everything.

I thought I did.

And I'm fine with older kids playing, if they're mature and have discussed the subjects of violence, videogames, and such with parents.

You did not explain, you said "you suck". that's not explaining anything.

Oh, I thought you meant the athiest parent thing. My bad.

You suck because you let an extremely impressionable 6 year old play these games.

A 6 year old has neither the cognative function, nor moral ability to discern wright from wrong on an acceptable enough level for these activities.

At least, in my opinion.

I agree to disagree. I'm a parent first not a participant. I don't let public views dictate my parenting. As I said, he knows right from wrong, he knows not to steal, hurt, kill etc. You saying children cannot know this is as you said "your opinion".

Perhaps, but how do you think CPS would react if they saw him playing this game?

I'm sure they'd have sour faces but CPS cannot intervene in parents raising their children.

grove4lyfeG
  • grove4lyfeG

Crackhead

• Members

I bet many of you started playing GTA at a young age, so get off your high horses, hypocritical grown ups. It was fine for me to play GTA III at age 10 but now it's child abuse is the vibe you give off. I've met annoying kids in multiplayer but also very annoying and stupid adults, mute them, kill them, or change server...

Actually, I started out with Mario Bros, homie. My mom would have never let me play something this realistic with such graphic content. Also, I was about 20 when GTA 3 came out.

Good try, though, sport.

Ok, you're older than me. Can you drop the condescending tone now? I started playing video games with Pokémon, not exactly bad parenting either, and I understood GTA was a video game, not real, and any behaviours displayed in it were purely for entertainment purposes.

If your kid is going around yelling racial and homophobic slurs over the internet then a parent needs to give them a good beating/talking to, I wouldn't blame that on GTA but rather letting your kid intake everything from society and not teaching them morals or standards of behaviour.

Just pointing out that besides you, many of the people complaining about kids on GTA were infact children when they started playing. Everyone here doesn't like listening to rude children over the mic, that's a failure of parenting overall not brought on by playing GTA.

For reference i'm nearly 18 and am a courteous player who doesn't abuse others over the mic and doesn't grief others deliberately.

This.^

If your kid is yelling curse words and racial slurs, that is definitely on the parent. Don't blame the games on that.

why not the friends who influence and teach him that sort of stuff? i certainly didn't learn what a cleveland steamer was from my parents or on my own...

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

Most people who think Children should be shielded from Scary movies, loud music and bloody games are usually non-parents and/or Christians.

Atheist parent here bud. Try again.

And by try again, I mean try again to be a good parent, because right now? You suck.

explain? see I'm not the one acting like I know everything.

I thought I did.

And I'm fine with older kids playing, if they're mature and have discussed the subjects of violence, videogames, and such with parents.

You did not explain, you said "you suck". that's not explaining anything.

Oh, I thought you meant the athiest parent thing. My bad.

You suck because you let an extremely impressionable 6 year old play these games.

A 6 year old has neither the cognative function, nor moral ability to discern wright from wrong on an acceptable enough level for these activities.

At least, in my opinion.

I agree to disagree. I'm a parent first not a participant. I don't let public views dictate my parenting. As I said, he knows right from wrong, he knows not to steal, hurt, kill etc. You saying children cannot know this is as you said "your opinion".

Perhaps, but how do you think CPS would react if they saw him playing this game?

I'm sure they'd have sour faces but CPS cannot intervene in parents raising their children.

Hahaha, ok, sure. Keep telling yourself that. I've seen friends embroiled with CPS, and it's not pretty. And they most certainly CAN interviene. It's kind of their job.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

Hahaha, ok, sure. Keep telling yourself that. I've seen friends embroiled with CPS, and it's not pretty. And they most certainly CAN interviene. It's kind of their job.

Your friends should fight for their rights, we did and won. Don't let CPS be the parent. You letting your child watch scary movies or playing M rated games is LEGAL not Illegal. Do some research.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Your friends should fight for their rights, we did and won. Don't let CPS be the parent. You letting your child watch scary movies or playing M rated games is LEGAL not Illegal. Do some research.

I'm not saying it is. I was just saying it can cause problems for you, as you seem to know.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'm not saying it is. I was just saying it can cause problems for you, as you seem to know.

Also though we let him play M Rated games and watch some R rated movies he is not exposed to Nudity or sex. We keep that from him. 

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:41 AM Edited by SpaceRobot, 13 October 2013 - 06:41 AM.

I bet many of you started playing GTA at a young age, so get off your high horses, hypocritical grown ups. It was fine for me to play GTA III at age 10 but now it's child abuse is the vibe you give off. I've met annoying kids in multiplayer but also very annoying and stupid adults, mute them, kill them, or change server...

Actually, I started out with Mario Bros, homie. My mom would have never let me play something this realistic with such graphic content. Also, I was about 20 when GTA 3 came out.

Good try, though, sport.

Ok, you're older than me. Can you drop the condescending tone now? I started playing video games with Pokémon, not exactly bad parenting either, and I understood GTA was a video game, not real, and any behaviours displayed in it were purely for entertainment purposes.

If your kid is going around yelling racial and homophobic slurs over the internet then a parent needs to give them a good beating/talking to, I wouldn't blame that on GTA but rather letting your kid intake everything from society and not teaching them morals or standards of behaviour.

Just pointing out that besides you, many of the people complaining about kids on GTA were infact children when they started playing. Everyone here doesn't like listening to rude children over the mic, that's a failure of parenting overall not brought on by playing GTA.

For reference i'm nearly 18 and am a courteous player who doesn't abuse others over the mic and doesn't grief others deliberately.

This.^

If your kid is yelling curse words and racial slurs, that is definitely on the parent. Don't blame the games on that.

why not the friends who influence and teach him that sort of stuff? i certainly didn't learn what a cleveland steamer was from my parents or on my own...

Talking about racial slurs, morals, and if it's ok to spew vulgarity everywhere. Your friends aren't the ones who raise you to be a good person.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Good try, though, sport.

This.^

Talking about racial slurs, morals, and if it's ok to spew vulgarity everywhere. Your friends aren't the ones who raise you to be a good person.

I Totally Agree, my 6 Year old has friends who are his age, they sometimes say B*tch, Ef word, and do other things like spitting. My son does not do any of that. Parents should reinforce there rules. we do all the time. I know that when he becomes a Teen ager it'll be Harder to watch him. Hopefully he'll know a True friend from a not so True friend by then.

Auztinito
  • Auztinito

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:50 AM Edited by Auztinito, 13 October 2013 - 06:52 AM.

Rated M means mature audiences only.Maturity can come at any age.It is never determined by age & never can.Like 1 guy said earlier there is Adults (20-older) that should never touch an GTA game.I play Street Fighter at 8.When I hit 12 I got to play M games.The basic fundamental is teach your kid it is all fake if you allow them to play.Simple.It won't cause them to be a nutcase unless they already crazy.Swearing?Who give a f*ck about swearing?Racial Slurs are bad but the words "asshole" & "bitch" are regular words people use on an everyday basis.If they don't say they think it.
  • OneFlaw likes this

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

I'm going to be honest this sounds like an excuse for teenagers to play but some mics will make you sound different then you really do. I've known 2 or 3 16 year olds who sound 12. 

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

Rated M means mature audiences only.Maturity can come at any age.It is never determined by age & never can.Like 1 guy said earlier there is Adults (20-older) that should never touch an GTA game.I play Street Fighter at 8.When I hit 12 I got to play M games.The basic fundamental is teach your kid it is all fake if you allow them to play.Simple.It won't cause them to be a nutcase unless they already crazy.

I Recommend this advice to. ^^

Olford
  • Olford

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:54 AM Edited by Olford, 13 October 2013 - 06:57 AM.

[/quote]I know, it's so unfair. When I was in England, they had a naked chick on the 3rd page of the newspaper everyday. It was like a place of honor.

Man, I miss England.[/quote]

Ahhh. Page 3,Boobs everyday but sunday.I love my country. :D

NormanR6
  • NormanR6

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

I think its also about how parents introduce this type of thing as well, I started playing Vice City when I was like 12. Asked my parents for it for Xmas, they read all about the game, and talked with me about the fact that it was that, just a game. Just like the rest of them that involve killing everyone you see. You can be good parents AND let them play things like this, just monitor it, and continue to teach the kids right from wrong. Its not rocket science.
  • OneFlaw likes this

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

Ahhh. Page 3,Boobs everyday but sunday.I love my country. :D

What kind of parent lets their kids play a game like this? This morning I heard a couple of kids playing that could have only been 10 years old it the most. They were going on and on with foul language and it just infuriated me that somebody would let their kids do this. The thing that really bugs me was when one kid was talking about how he shot a pedestrian over and over and over while laughing his head off. Now I'm about as non PC is they come, but this was a little too extreme for me.

Hell yes! This^

Sick of parents not giving a sh*t about what their kids are doing. Would you let your 12-year-old kid watch an NC-17 Movie? Not only does this game have actual nudity this time around, but there are several other things in this game that just aren't suitable for children. Mad drugs and sh*t.

I'm not usually one to keep kids away from the violent games because I grew up playing DOOM and Duke Nukem 3D when I was about 7 or 8 years old, but my parents would never have let me see 3D titties or let me play a game that had such a huge drug presence... f*ck these retarded ass parents who can't put their foot down and their dumbass little kids for begging and controlling their retarded ass parents.

Dude you are so 'merica.  VIOLENCE YES.   TITTIES NO.

I know, it's so unfair. When I was in England, they had a naked chick on the 3rd page of the newspaper everyday. It was like a place of honor.

Man, I miss England.

Damn I needa go to England LOL

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

I really think parents should have to go through parenting tests before they are allowed to have custody of a child, this would ensure that parents can actually care for their children properly with the right state of mind, and it would make people think twice before having kids. Though this will never happen lol. I'm so tired of hearing disrespectful sh*t head little kids. It's not just GTA either, it's every game. 

iVoltScopez V2
  • iVoltScopez V2

Deadhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:02 AM Edited by iVoltScopez V2, 13 October 2013 - 07:06 AM.

Not all of us are morons. I am 14 and I not only don't have a mic, I don't "grief" either. Don't lump us all together. That is like saying everyone of a certain ethnicity is exactly the same.

You at 14 should not be playing this, are not allowed to be playing it, and even if your parents said it's ok it is a total disgrace.

What's the worst it's going to do to him/her? I'm 15 with straight A-B's in all Diff/AP classes, never had a single problem with violence, two sport athlete, Varsity show choir member, and have an above average score when shooting trap. Is it a disgrace because he's below the recommended age? Because his brain "hasn't fully developed and can't differ between virtual scenarios and reality"? Because his parents believe he's mature enough to handle the games material? You need to stop being an irrational dickhead and realize some people that are below 18 truly aren't morons.

I'm fully aware you're going to try and respond with something to prove me wrong, but at times age isn't the reason to everything. I understand and can play this game a whole lot better than a lot of people and I do so responsibly and respectfully.

Although I will admit I've picked up that habit of cursing at around 13 and ever since I can't get rid of it. It's essentially in my everyday vocabulary, but never around adults or any authority figure. I'm not particularly proud of it and I just can't stop doing it.

• JRC99 likes this

cksiz
  • cksiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

No one could stop me from playing this if I was 10

TotalNo0b
  • TotalNo0b

total noob

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:07 AM Edited by TotalNo0b, 13 October 2013 - 07:08 AM.

I remember playing vice city when I was about 15, and I let my little bro play it too. GTA 5 is different, it's much less 'cartoony' and playing online changes the experience entirely. The language that is used, and the way that it is used, is seriously messed up for a young kid to be hearing. Kids mimic what they think is cool. Of course they're going to think this game is cool, and the language that others use on mics is going to rub off. It's not the nudity, or the violence, or the drugs. Its the atmosphere that the game invites. It's a seriously dark game. Let the kids drive some cars around on single player, that seems harmless. Let them run over some people or shoot a gun or whatever. That isn't where the issue is.

If i was 12, you can bet I would be begging my parents to let me play this game, so I get it

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

I would have LOVED to play this as a kid (considering I grew up in the C64 and NES era), but there's no way my parents would have let me.

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:09 AM Edited by SpaceRobot, 13 October 2013 - 07:11 AM.

Your parents could just not buy it for you. Good luck getting $60 at age 10.

Edit: not to mention someone to actually buy it for you.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

I really think parents should have to go through parenting tests before they are allowed to have custody of a child, this would ensure that parents can actually care for their children properly with the right state of mind, and it would make people think twice before having kids. Though this will never happen lol. I'm so tired of hearing disrespectful sh*t head little kids. It's not just GTA either, it's every game. 

Parenting tests can be brainwashing, Because Parents will be dictated by the government and your child will know this, I Heard of Children calling CPS on there parents and lied because there parents grounded them or something. I Will not support any such tactics. Most Parenting knowledge is common sense. The problem is there are some that don't really have a system in place. My Wife's brother in law has a 7 year old. He gets fed whole cans of pop and pretty much anything he wants because his father wants to shut him up. We don't say anything because It's not our business, if he asks for advice we give him some. His son also has a bad habit of throwing things or being rough to animals, so we limit our son exposure to his own cousin. It's sad but we have to watch our own child first and foremost.

Nate125
  • Nate125

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:12 AM Edited by Nate125, 13 October 2013 - 07:13 AM.

When I was their ages, I was playing GTA on a Gameboy Advnance. They get to go online at such a young age. Boy, I would have had a lot more fun in my younger years if I had this game, but GTA on Gameboy Advance was good enough.

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

who gives you the right to judge OP? i let my lil girl have a go on freeroam whenver im not, this helps with her coordination and so on, if you want to judge me then come to my house and judge me

• OneFlaw likes this

Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

I got invited to an apartment once where there were a few kids on the mic, and someone invited a stripper. I must admit it was a bit concerning to be in the 'presence' of kids with a stripper gyrating on the screen.

TheTelly
  • TheTelly

Sarah

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

My limit is 13+ to be honest. I'm sure most teens who have even touched a GTA game have seen worse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users