Photo

If you let your kids play GTA you're horrible parent

325 replies to this topic
mdcw9
  • mdcw9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Another point would be:  parents make the end decision if they can play the game or not. And the rating for the game means that the business should not be liable if a younger person does something immoral which is later found to be due to the entertainment sources he/she has access to. But unfortunately this accountability doesnt hold. The parent blames the game company, and then everyone who is actually mentally capable can no longer play the game because it gets banned. This has happened before. I would love parents to be held accountable, but unfortunately they never are.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Pre-teens playing this game is just wrong. Any parent who lets their young child play this is not only a horrific parent but should be put in jail for a wee bit of time. Look how bad todays young generation is, and look how much it has declined in the past 20 years. Now imagine it in another 20 years? Tbh, kids playing GTA is only the tip of the iceberg in todays crumbling society. Too many retards breeding retards.

Guess we can blame your parents then.......

You don't know me or my parents. So........fail.

You don't know any of the parents on here or their kids, so "fail" on your behalf. 

GH05TF4CE
  • GH05TF4CE

I love lamp

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:03 PM Edited by GH05TF4CE, 14 October 2013 - 01:08 PM.

Pre-teens playing this game is just wrong. Any parent who lets their young child play this is not only a horrific parent but should be put in jail for a wee bit of time. Look how bad todays young generation is, and look how much it has declined in the past 20 years. Now imagine it in another 20 years? Tbh, kids playing GTA is only the tip of the iceberg in todays crumbling society. Too many retards breeding retards.

Guess we can blame your parents then.......

You don't know me or my parents. So........fail.

You don't know any of the parents on here or their kids, so "fail" on your behalf. 

I don't need to know them. If they are letting their young kids play GTA they are bad parents. Simple. Common sense really but no point arguing about it. You have your opinion and I have mine. This is the first thread I have been involved with a tit for tat. Therefore I would like to end the discussion with your mums vagina is the size of the Grand Canyon. Good day to you sir *doff my cap and walk away*

• Calavera999 likes this

ShadeShow
  • ShadeShow

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Parents are dumb. This game is 100% 18+.

I have 3 kids and there aint no way they would play this.

brantkin
  • brantkin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hahaha, ok, sure. Keep telling yourself that. I've seen friends embroiled with CPS, and it's not pretty. And they most certainly CAN interviene. It's kind of their job.

Your friends should fight for their rights, we did and won. Don't let CPS be the parent. You letting your child watch scary movies or playing M rated games is LEGAL not Illegal. Do some research.

I'm not saying it is. I was just saying it can cause problems for you, as you seem to know.

Also though we let him play M Rated games and watch some R rated movies he is not exposed to Nudity or sex. We keep that from him. 

Well why? are you saying nudity is worst then killing? since when is loving bad, I honestly don't understand us humans. We can dismember people but as soon as we want to repopulate. We are instantly the devil. Why are parents so damn stupid.

If anything i would let my kid see nudity and stuff before violence. I would rather him act as adult. And get him more aware, that he will want to communicate with people later on. So he can have a nice life with a nice wife. Rather then having him expose to. Killing, robbing, drugs and dismembering people. Cause i am sure there would be a greater chance of him being a bad guy that way. But then again it comes down to how you were raised.

Me i was raised kinda shut down for sexual things. And played socom and siphon filter. When i was a kid. But that in turned kinda made me anti social. And to this day i still wonder if i am sane. I can't communicate with people well. Because i can't understand why they think the way they do. But it's just one flaw and mark on me. That helped shaped me into the person i am today :3. I for one would be a lousy parent by all means. I don't want to deal with all that social bs.

JayS09
  • JayS09

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

Not all of us are morons. I am 14 and I not only don't have a mic, I don't "grief" either. Don't lump us all together. That is like saying everyone of a certain ethnicity is exactly the same.

I swear thats what they do with muslims? You got a handful of crazies now the world says they all blow their sh*t up :S

Tacoburgher327
  • Tacoburgher327

Dr. Toboggan

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

So, I was playing last night when all of a sudden, I hear "put all the money in the bag bitch" being whispered through the headset (it was only like 10pm EST). I asked why the whispering, and got told "because I don't want to wake up my mom in the other room." 

For some reason, I assumed he was like a 40 year old virgin living in his mothers basement or something, until he told me he was 11... ELEVEN. 

I asked if his mother even knew he was playing and sure enough "She was the one who bought it for me." 

I can't agree with the OP more. The only other thing I find ironic is, these are the SAME parents willing to condemn video games and "rap" music after a national tragedy....

dazzza10
  • dazzza10

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:49 PM Edited by dazzza10, 14 October 2013 - 01:49 PM.

It's called the first amendment bro. Check it out. People like you who think there should be laws have already tried and have been struck down by the Supreme Court.

There is difference. Alcohol, tobacco, meth etc.., all have seriously harmful, potentially deadly, habit forming, addictive, proven side effects. This is why they are regulated by law.

Some  one obviously must think that children underage shouldn’t be playing these games or they wouldn’t already be laws on it .  Its only a matter of time before new law will come in to strengthen  what is already in place  this  is after all about helping the parents and the government have a duty as well as the parent to protect   child from this explicit media .

GameBroAdvanced
  • GameBroAdvanced

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

I bet many of you started playing GTA at a young age, so get off your high horses, hypocritical grown ups. It was fine for me to play GTA III at age 10 but now it's child abuse is the vibe you give off. I've met annoying kids in multiplayer but also very annoying and stupid adults, mute them, kill them, or change server...

+1
Nailed it

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

I bet many of you started playing GTA at a young age, so get off your high horses, hypocritical grown ups. It was fine for me to play GTA III at age 10 but now it's child abuse is the vibe you give off. I've met annoying kids in multiplayer but also very annoying and stupid adults, mute them, kill them, or change server...

+1
Nailed it

Yeah, HYPOCRACY seems to be the new religion ...

+1

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

+1
Nailed it

Truth

I have no problem with children playing games apart from them occasionally annoying me, in which case I simply mute them. But all these people here who are against it, do you have any valid reasons? Because all I see here is, "because it's rated 18+". So? If you're a parent and you feel your child will be affected in a negative way because of the game, then you're the one here that is not a good parent. You should teach your kid what is fiction and what is not.

I was playing GTA3 when I was 7 years old. I can safely say that I've never murdered anyone or got in major trouble with the law. I guess my parents knew video games are not real life. THAT is common sense, GHO5TF4CE. But common sense doesn't seem to be so common anymore.

BaxterUK
  • BaxterUK

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

People like the OP need to shut the f up advising parents what to and what not to let their kids do. 

I've been GTA and worse games since I was about 8. Hell, I remember getting Vice City on Christmas in 2002, I'm 18 now so I must have been what, 7?, Hell I remember banging prozzies in that game, Chopping F*ckers heads off with Samurai swords, Splurting their guts out with a chainsaw. And I grew up to be a good kid, Atleast I haven't killed anybody yet.

Kids play video games, Just like they watch F*d up sh!t on Tv everyday. get over it you stuck up knobhead.

pacman2012
  • pacman2012

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

I agree that kids shouldn't be allowed to play the game but who are you to tell parents what to do with their kids?

Even if you don't agree with it, it's not your place to say. It's like all those monster kids running around walmart bumping into people and knocking stuff over. You gonna say something to those kids parents too?

It's their kids, let them do what they want.

(though I do agree some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce)

KreamyK2
  • KreamyK2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Great parent = Allowing their child to play/watch M/R rated content, and makes them understand that the actions aren't acceptable to replicate.

Good parent = Not allowing their child to play/watch M/R rated content.

Bad parent = Child is given the luxury to play/watch M/R rated content, replicates, parent does nothing.

I was given the keys from the cradle to play/watch anything I wanted to, with the very clear statement that if I repeated any of the actions... BOOM, it's gone. Most people are just sour because their parents were such tightwads when they were young, and that now when they know other kids are playing it, deservedly or not, they get all pissy.

Bottom line, If my kid wanted gta... and the "high and mighty" ESRB pointed towards madden instead, but he obviously didn't want that, I'd let him have what he wanted, and either praise him for handling it maturely or take it away if he didn't.

Age is a number, a rating is a letter(s)... it doesn't mean anything.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Great parent = Allowing their child to play/watch M/R rated content, and makes them understand that the actions aren't acceptable to replicate.

Bad parent = Child is given the luxury to play/watch M/R rated content, replicates, parent does nothing.

I was given the keys from the cradle to play/watch anything I wanted to, with the very clear statement that if I repeated any of the actions... BOOM, it's gone. Most people are just sour because their parents were such tightwads when they were young, and that now when they know other kids are playing it, deservedly or not, they get all pissy.

Bottom line, If my kid wanted gta... and the "high and mighty" ESRB pointed towards madden instead, but he obviously didn't want that, I'd let him have what he wanted, and either praise him for handling it maturely or take it away if he didn't.

QFT

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'm 15, and trust me, by my age you know far worse than what's shown in GTA V.
Children, though, can be easily mislead and mentally affected by what they see - so they shouldn't be playing GTA.

it's not down to age, it's down to maturity.

You aren't the type of 15 year old that people have an issue with, but most of them aren't like you. Most of them can't construct a sentence or provide a logical argument. There are also a lot of "adults" that haven't grown out of that phase.

Mike Haddrick
  • Mike Haddrick

Not your favorite poster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

/thread

aladdin85
  • aladdin85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

looool, this thread is ridiculous

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

THe stuff I'm reading is exactly why GTA needs to be rated AO.  I don't give a **** if Walmart and Target will not carry it.  Real game stores will as will Amazon.  If Target and Walmart don't want to make money, they don't need to sell it.  We have this AO rating that is never used and I am tired of it.  

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

Kids got to grow up sometimes. Why not sooner? lol

Chill out people

proweedsmoker
  • proweedsmoker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

It's called the first amendment bro. Check it out. People like you who think there should be laws have already tried and have been struck down by the Supreme Court.

There is difference. Alcohol, tobacco, meth etc.., all have seriously harmful, potentially deadly, habit forming, addictive, proven side effects. This is why they are regulated by law.

Some  one obviously must think that children underage shouldnt be playing these games or they wouldnt already be laws on it .  Its only a matter of time before new law will come in to strengthen  what is already in place  this  is after all about helping the parents and the government have a duty as well as the parent to protect   child from this explicit media .

There are no laws nor will there be any time in the foreseeable future.

You must be unable to comprehend the ESRB ratings and how they work. They are not laws, have zero actual impact. They are suggested age ranges for the said title. SUGGESTED, not mandatory. Company's that then sell the game agree to a "we will check ages of people who buy the title cause we want to appear morally correct to the public."

None of which is required or regulated by law. Period.

It may even be AGAINST the law to discriminate against a customer by denying the purchase because of age. However, stores can deny selling anything to anybody for what ever reason they want, and nobody cares enough to spend the 100s of thousands of dollars to bring that to the Supreme Court...

Like most have said, it's a moral question and choice that belongs to the parents and the parents only.

ViolentRumble
  • ViolentRumble

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

It would be great if the op wasn't a fag

proweedsmoker
  • proweedsmoker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

^

kestler
  • kestler

God

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Not all of us are morons. I am 14 and I not only don't have a mic, I don't "grief" either. Don't lump us all together. That is like saying everyone of a certain ethnicity is exactly the same.

You at 14 should not be playing this, are not allowed to be playing it, and even if your parents said it's ok it is a total disgrace.

Actually i started playing games since i was 6, and i had my quite share of +18 games. And still i become a normal person (don't judge by my profil pic... :D )

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

If your kid isn't affected by the things you do or see, it's ok. It is a game after all.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

You at 14 should not be playing this, are not allowed to be playing it, and even if your parents said it's ok it is a total disgrace.

Actually i started playing games since i was 6, and i had my quite share of +18 games. And still i become a normal person (don't judge by my profil pic... :D )

Only at 6? So old... I played GTA III when I was 4-6 or so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users