If you let your kids play GTA you're horrible parent

325 replies to this topic
Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

Ive experienced this so many times. Just wait until you hear one of them on the mic robbing a 24/7 and using racial slurs.....

That is more of a sign of bad parenting than letting them play GTA V. Racial slurs I mean

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

I bet many of you started playing GTA at a young age, so get off your high horses, hypocritical grown ups. It was fine for me to play GTA III at age 10 but now it's child abuse is the vibe you give off. I've met annoying kids in multiplayer but also very annoying and stupid adults, mute them, kill them, or change server...

I infact did play this game as a kid, and when I did.. I was basically a dot, and the police we're little blue dots ( I guess they kinda looked like people.) You had a heli view of the city above your car, and there wasn't really much in the cursing department from what I can remember! Then again you had to read everything there was no voice over's like today! I'm sure other's rememeber this GTA as well ... It's progressed into a very mature game in which children shouldn't be playing!!!

Kill_flesh
  • Kill_flesh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

My 5 year old loves GTA and zombie games.
Collected enough money to buy 4 guns, got 4 stars and got away. He also found were helicopters spawn all in about 30 minutes. He loves stealing buses more than anything. Loves fist fights with the drivers and trying to pick up passengers than running them over when they refuse. He sucks at gun fights but daddy is proud.

You are a horrible horrible parent. No, seriously, if I knew you in real life I'd report you to the police

proweedsmoker
  • proweedsmoker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:06 AM Edited by proweedsmoker, 14 October 2013 - 08:09 AM.

Collected enough money to buy 4 guns, got 4 stars and got away. He also found were helicopters spawn all in about 30 minutes. He loves stealing buses more than anything. Loves fist fights with the drivers and trying to pick up passengers than running them over when they refuse. He sucks at gun fights but daddy is proud.

You are a horrible horrible parent. No, seriously, if I knew you in real life I'd report you to the police

And say what? I know this person who let's his kids play GTA which is recommended for people 17 and up!!!11 Child abuse!!!

Gimmie a break tool bag. Get off your high horse and come back to reality.

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

People seem to forget that the mature ratings are what they are,ratings. Parents are the ones in control of who gets to actually play the game,despite the warning about said contents in the game which might be too explicit for pre pubes. 

If you think your kid isn't "ready" to be playing a game like that,you're probably right. And if you think your kid is ready,I hope you'd be monitoring him/her daily,instead of letting it be a babysitter like someone mentioned earlier. And if it's someone under 16,taking away the mic is probably a good idea too. Hell,why not play the game for a brief 30 minutes before passing it on?

And to the people saying they've grown up playing VC,SA,etc. The things back then was way less explicit to what's out there today. It's like a new era now compared to a decade ago(Graphics,content,etc). Let a 8 year old play GTA V without monitoring him,you're going to see some bad results.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:37 AM Edited by OneFlaw, 14 October 2013 - 08:37 AM.

This thread is so off base now. The Title reads

"If you let your kids play GTA you're horrible parent"

But now the OP says It's ok if they play GTA if they only drive around, play Tennis etc.

Need to stick by your guns so to speak OP. For those Declaring "Your a Bad Parent if your kids play this" are pretty un-knowledgeable.

Remember earlier I mentioned that My Son plays GTA V to an extent(no nudity or sex), He is good in school, NOT Violent proned, does not swear though he knows what bad words are and hears it in GTA, and friends his age. His friends who do swear, spit etc don't even play video games. So, Allowing your child to see, hear, play certain things DOES NOT make you a bad parent. If you teach your kids RIGHT from WRONG then they should grow up to be responsible adults and even parents of their own.

Don't let Public Opinions dictate how you parent.

• tom_p1980 likes this

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by BurnCK, 14 October 2013 - 08:43 AM.

8-10yrs old is a bit young...but 13+, why not ?

Not much different from watching an 18 rated movie...which I saw loads of when I was in my early teens....who didn't ?

You also have to consider whether youngsters have older brothers or sisters. If they do then they could easily have access to their games, movies, etc,.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

Police cannot do anything by Law. There not even allowed in your house without probable cause.

dazzza10
  • dazzza10

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

personally I think some new laws will come in that also hold parents responsible by law,  shop keeps need to be held responsible for selling under the age and if adults or parents are getting the game for someone under the age they should  also be held responsible by law . -   I would be the first to inform the police of anyone play these games under the age . 

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:00 AM Edited by OneFlaw, 14 October 2013 - 09:06 AM.

personally I think some new laws will come in that also hold parents responsible by law,  shop keeps need to be held responsible for selling under the age and if adults or parents are getting the game for someone under the age they should  also be held responsible by law . -   I would be the first to inform the police of anyone play these games under the age . 

I Hope not, think about it for a second. Good Parents will be punished to. If your son/daughter hates you for grounding them etc, All they needa do is break the law or Call CPS and Lie. This already happens.

EDIT: Anyone who would be ok with losing more rights as a parent need to check themselves.

EDIT: Also, Parents are now being told that they can't spank there kids. Some states have a no spanking law. Parents are already losing there rights.

EDIT: Then people like you are OK with them losing more rights, Tieing the parents hands and slapping them in there face in front of there kids. It's just like that and some children are using this against their parents.

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

What kind of parent lets their kids play a game like this? This morning I heard a couple of kids playing that could have only been 10 years old it the most. They were going on and on with foul language and it just infuriated me that somebody would let their kids do this. The thing that really bugs me was when one kid was talking about how he shot a pedestrian over and over and over while laughing his head off. Now I'm about as non PC is they come, but this was a little too extreme for me.

I am 24 and the girl at the Game shop asked me for an ID when I was buying the GTA V... so yeah, I do agree that the fact that kids play it is simply retarded. Not to mention, really annoying.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

If there's anything that I learned through experience is that laws dont fix problems. Actually working to fix the problem does. Adding judicial solutions only creates rebellious natures and more anarchy.

As OneFlaw states, being a responsible parent and making sure that your kid wont be properly f*cked in the head is a powerful head start. 

dazzza10
  • dazzza10

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:09 AM Edited by dazzza10, 14 October 2013 - 09:09 AM.

I Hope not, think about it for a second. Good Parents will be punished to. If your son/daughter hates you for grounding them etc, All they needa do is break the law or Call CPS and Lie. This already happens.

BS not true you could say the same about alcohol and smoking a good parent will do the right thing . I also think game companies and microsoft - sony should be doing more to monitor who is playing over there network .  New laws will come in because the growing number of underage kids play these type of games its only a matter of time .

Outlinez
  • Outlinez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Most people who think Children should be shielded from Scary movies, loud music and bloody games are usually non-parents and/or Christians.

Atheist parent here bud. Try again.

And by try again, I mean try again to be a good parent, because right now? You suck.

explain? see I'm not the one acting like I know everything.

I thought I did.

And I'm fine with older kids playing, if they're mature and have discussed the subjects of violence, videogames, and such with parents.

You did not explain, you said "you suck". that's not explaining anything.

Oh, I thought you meant the athiest parent thing. My bad.

You suck because you let an extremely impressionable 6 year old play these games.

A 6 year old has neither the cognative function, nor moral ability to discern wright from wrong on an acceptable enough level for these activities.

At least, in my opinion.

I agree to disagree. I'm a parent first not a participant. I don't let public views dictate my parenting. As I said, he knows right from wrong, he knows not to steal, hurt, kill etc. You saying children cannot know this is as you said "your opinion".

Perhaps, but how do you think CPS would react if they saw him playing this game?

I'm sure they'd have sour faces but CPS cannot intervene in parents raising their children.

CPS and other agencies like this telling people how to parent are a bigger problem to how children develop then any god damn movie/game will ever be in most cases the reason kids today behave in a way they do is because most of their actions don't get much in a way of consequence i'm a parent and if i let my kid play this game under age that's my choice doesn't mean any of them would grow up to be 'thugs' or any less then OP and it certainly doesn't automatically make me a bad parent don't be so judgmental damn also you're speculating that they were 10 they may have been older its hard to tell squeaky voice age via a headset imo lol

• OneFlaw likes this

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Most people who think Children should be shielded from Scary movies, loud music and bloody games are usually non-parents and/or Christians.

Atheist parent here bud. Try again.

And by try again, I mean try again to be a good parent, because right now? You suck.

explain? see I'm not the one acting like I know everything.

I thought I did.

And I'm fine with older kids playing, if they're mature and have discussed the subjects of violence, videogames, and such with parents.

You did not explain, you said "you suck". that's not explaining anything.

Oh, I thought you meant the athiest parent thing. My bad.

You suck because you let an extremely impressionable 6 year old play these games.

A 6 year old has neither the cognative function, nor moral ability to discern wright from wrong on an acceptable enough level for these activities.

At least, in my opinion.

I agree to disagree. I'm a parent first not a participant. I don't let public views dictate my parenting. As I said, he knows right from wrong, he knows not to steal, hurt, kill etc. You saying children cannot know this is as you said "your opinion".

Perhaps, but how do you think CPS would react if they saw him playing this game?

I'm sure they'd have sour faces but CPS cannot intervene in parents raising their children.

CPS and other agencies like this telling people how to parent are a bigger problem to how children develop then any god damn movie/game will ever be in most cases the reason kids today behave in a way they do is because most of their actions don't get much in a way of consequence i'm a parent and if i let my kid play this game under age that's my choice doesn't mean any of them would grow up to be 'thugs' or any less then OP and it certainly doesn't automatically make me a bad parent don't be so judgmental damn also you're speculating that they were 10 they may have been older its hard to tell squeaky voice age via a headset imo lol

So true, well Said. ^^

proweedsmoker
  • proweedsmoker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

New laws to stop kids from playing certain video games?

Get real people.

The same could be said about soda, candy, bedtimes, sports, friends etc..,

It's all a matter of opinion on what 1 person thinks is ok and another does not. The last time I checked, we live in America, where we have to right to a choice/ opinion. Don't like my choice or opinion... Walk away or write your congressmen.

dazzza10
  • dazzza10

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

New laws to stop kids from playing certain video games?

Get real people.

The same could be said about soda, candy, bedtimes, sports, friends etc..,

It's all a matter of opinion on what 1 person thinks is ok and another does not. The last time I checked, we live in America, where we have to right to a choice/ opinion. Don't like my choice or opinion... Walk away or write your congressmen.

come on kid get real new laws to hold adults  Accountable just like sales of Alcohol ,smoking , kids will get hold of these things but its nice to know when it goes wrong someone will be held to account, since when have  laws  ever stopped people breaking them -  never  - grow up .

proweedsmoker
  • proweedsmoker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:54 AM Edited by proweedsmoker, 14 October 2013 - 09:54 AM.

It's called the first amendment bro. Check it out. People like you who think there should be laws have already tried and have been struck down by the Supreme Court.

There is difference. Alcohol, tobacco, meth etc.., all have seriously harmful, potentially deadly, habit forming, addictive, proven side effects. This is why they are regulated by law.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

What kind of parent lets their kids play a game like this? This morning I heard a couple of kids playing that could have only been 10 years old it the most. They were going on and on with foul language and it just infuriated me that somebody would let their kids do this. The thing that really bugs me was when one kid was talking about how he shot a pedestrian over and over and over while laughing his head off. Now I'm about as non PC is they come, but this was a little too extreme for me.

Hell yes! This^

Sick of parents not giving a sh*t about what their kids are doing. Would you let your 12-year-old kid watch an NC-17 Movie? Not only does this game have actual nudity this time around, but there are several other things in this game that just aren't suitable for children. Mad drugs and sh*t.

I'm not usually one to keep kids away from the violent games because I grew up playing DOOM and Duke Nukem 3D when I was about 7 or 8 years old, but my parents would never have let me see 3D titties or let me play a game that had such a huge drug presence... f*ck these retarded ass parents who can't put their foot down and their dumbass little kids for begging and controlling their retarded ass parents.

Dude you are so 'merica.  VIOLENCE YES.   TITTIES NO.
I know, it's so unfair. When I was in England, they had a naked chick on the 3rd page of the newspaper everyday. It was like a place of honor.
Man, I miss England.

Ah the beautiful page 3.
As an English lad i belueve its One of the finest things to come out this country.

Outlinez
  • Outlinez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Hell yes! This^

Sick of parents not giving a sh*t about what their kids are doing. Would you let your 12-year-old kid watch an NC-17 Movie? Not only does this game have actual nudity this time around, but there are several other things in this game that just aren't suitable for children. Mad drugs and sh*t.

I'm not usually one to keep kids away from the violent games because I grew up playing DOOM and Duke Nukem 3D when I was about 7 or 8 years old, but my parents would never have let me see 3D titties or let me play a game that had such a huge drug presence... f*ck these retarded ass parents who can't put their foot down and their dumbass little kids for begging and controlling their retarded ass parents.

I know, it's so unfair. When I was in England, they had a naked chick on the 3rd page of the newspaper everyday. It was like a place of honor.
Man, I miss England.

Ah the beautiful page 3.
As an English lad i belueve its One of the finest things to come out this country.

dont forget the gem that is the daily sport ;)

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

I remember playing vice city when I was about 15, and I let my little bro play it too. GTA 5 is different, it's much less 'cartoony' and playing online changes the experience entirely. The language that is used, and the way that it is used, is seriously messed up for a young kid to be hearing. Kids mimic what they think is cool. Of course they're going to think this game is cool, and the language that others use on mics is going to rub off. It's not the nudity, or the violence, or the drugs. Its the atmosphere that the game invites. It's a seriously dark game. Let the kids drive some cars around on single player, that seems harmless. Let them run over some people or shoot a gun or whatever. That isn't where the issue is.

If i was 12, you can bet I would be begging my parents to let me play this game, so I get it

Ok first off i'd like to say that this is a great thread.

The first thing one should always remember in regards to violence is that 'we are what we see'. The information you are exposed to makes up your personality. This is a fact. refer to scientific journals if interested.

There is a proven link between violent behaviour and violent video games. Now this should not be simply thrown out. It is important to note that prior information helps to understand new information. What i mean is that if you understand right and wrong in reality. Then that goes a long way into shaping what you gain from new information. Now in regards to children below the age of 14, their experiences are limited. We have to look at the whole category, not just a select few who claim they are mature for their age. How they process information from a game such as this will be very different from someone with far more information at their disposal. 

We can also investigate the desensitisation of violence. A young person may not be violent themselves. But may no longer feel as emotional towards it. For example, in films people die all the time. As they also do in games. So when we see death in the media or through other means, we a less emotionally involved. This in itself is very dangerous.

People get very upset when the scientific community claims that people could be more violent due to entertainment. But this is because they personally feel this is not so. I am afraid that this is a fact, and no opinion changes this. It should be recognised and respected. But as i said earlier, the violence you see is taken differently based on what information you have been exposed to prior to the experience. Thus, you are more effected at a younger age statistically.

In retrospect, it could be said that the world would be a much better place if there was no violent portrayal. We simply wouldnt know that killing is fun and thus wouldnt even want it in entertainment. You could argue that humans arnt inherently violent, merely groomed to believe such via cultural learning. This is easily proven via the 'man in the box'. Leave a kid in a dark box for years. You will find they have no personality. 

What about human morality? I don't buy this "we are what we see" garbage, if you see violence on a programme, film or a video game, and then go and act it out, you're morals are seriously damaged already and that is the root cause of the action. Foul language and ideals of a sexist nature may arise if exposed to these concepts too much, which is why I would never let my child play GTA, but to go out and be violent?

I remember some guy being tortured in a garage the same way that was portrayed in "Reservoir Dogs". I remember the Cinema shooting that was blamed on "The Dark Knight Rises", along with countless other events that society used video games and movies as a scape goat. All of these people were sick, and didn't know the difference between right and wrong, reality and make believe.

Human morality? What do you think that is? Clearly you havnt read much criminal history.

And i am sorry that 'you dont buy it', but it isnt some kind of optional opinion. It is fact. So whether you accept it or not, it is no less true. 

This isnt a simple case such as acting out some kind of scene. Knowledge can affect you in subtle ways, as well extreme.

Yes sorry, I'm afraid I have neglected my weekly studies of criminal history.

It is not "fact" at all that movies and games create ill people. This is your opinion which is treating people like mindless neanderthals that will end up nutcases if they see violence on a television screen. I understand that these images can effect someone in a negative manner, but I believe these people must already be mentally unstable to use the things they see as inspiration to cause violence or harm. If you know the difference between right and wrong, you will be just fine. You suggest people morals are built from cinema? Parents, friends, life experience, and society all have a much larger impact. If you choose to ignore all of that, and make decisions on whats right or wrong based on the video games you play, you're mentally unstable.

If however, your child is the type to go around murdering animals, or starting fights or showing signs of having problems with society or knowing how to behave, keep them away from this kind of thing. When they cause harm to someone it's yourself and society to blame, not works of fiction.

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

If you try to shelter your kid from reality then you are making a stupid kid.  REality is what it is, you cant protect kids from it.  You teach them about it.  Keep your kid with santa and fairies and i bet they turn out a well adjusted accountant with a wife and kid with picket fence and no real identity at all.

Teach your kids about reality, dont shelter them from it.  This makes you a bad parent.

• tom_p1980 likes this

InfinitySlayer
  • InfinitySlayer

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

It's not the Age of the person that defines how they will act once they play the games, it's the maturity, for instance, a mature child would have common sence and understand what they're doing is wrong and typically go off to to something "less wrong" and they would never repeat things in the games, however no matter the age you can still be immature, so when it comes to games if the parent believes the child is mature enough to play the game, they shall let them, that is how I was brought up, if my parents thought I was not mature enough to play a game they wouldn't let me, though once I matured, they let me and trust me it's down to maturity not age, I know 7 year olds that are more mature then most 20-30 year olds.

Jagblade
  • Jagblade

Counterfeiter

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Played GTA III for the first time when I was in Elementary school. I didn't start cursing or get violent because I had a mother that knew how to properly raise me.

Furthermore, GTA was what taught me what happens when you play with guns, speed and run red lights, etc. People die and get hurt. They don't get back up in most cases and EMTs don't always manage to save them.

If a child is raised properly and carefully supervised while playing these games, they stand to learn more rather than become corrupted little sh*ts.

• tom_p1980 likes this

GH05TF4CE
  • GH05TF4CE

I love lamp

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Pre-teens playing this game is just wrong. Any parent who lets their young child play this is not only a horrific parent but should be put in jail for a wee bit of time. Look how bad todays young generation is, and look how much it has declined in the past 20 years. Now imagine it in another 20 years? Tbh, kids playing GTA is only the tip of the iceberg in todays crumbling society. Too many retards breeding retards.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Pre-teens playing this game is just wrong. Any parent who lets their young child play this is not only a horrific parent but should be put in jail for a wee bit of time. Look how bad todays young generation is, and look how much it has declined in the past 20 years. Now imagine it in another 20 years? Tbh, kids playing GTA is only the tip of the iceberg in todays crumbling society. Too many retards breeding retards.

Guess we can blame your parents then.......

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

BS not true you could say the same about alcohol and smoking a good parent will do the right thing . I also think game companies and microsoft - sony should be doing more to monitor who is playing over there network .  New laws will come in because the growing number of underage kids play these type of games its only a matter of time .

My point exactly, a Good parent will do the right thing. but with The Gov and CPS Stepping in there hands are being MORE tied and children are more in control of what happens.

GH05TF4CE
  • GH05TF4CE

I love lamp

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Guess we can blame your parents then.......

You don't know me or my parents. So........fail.

mdcw9
  • mdcw9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

I remember playing vice city when I was about 15, and I let my little bro play it too. GTA 5 is different, it's much less 'cartoony' and playing online changes the experience entirely. The language that is used, and the way that it is used, is seriously messed up for a young kid to be hearing. Kids mimic what they think is cool. Of course they're going to think this game is cool, and the language that others use on mics is going to rub off. It's not the nudity, or the violence, or the drugs. Its the atmosphere that the game invites. It's a seriously dark game. Let the kids drive some cars around on single player, that seems harmless. Let them run over some people or shoot a gun or whatever. That isn't where the issue is.

If i was 12, you can bet I would be begging my parents to let me play this game, so I get it

Ok first off i'd like to say that this is a great thread.

The first thing one should always remember in regards to violence is that 'we are what we see'. The information you are exposed to makes up your personality. This is a fact. refer to scientific journals if interested.

There is a proven link between violent behaviour and violent video games. Now this should not be simply thrown out. It is important to note that prior information helps to understand new information. What i mean is that if you understand right and wrong in reality. Then that goes a long way into shaping what you gain from new information. Now in regards to children below the age of 14, their experiences are limited. We have to look at the whole category, not just a select few who claim they are mature for their age. How they process information from a game such as this will be very different from someone with far more information at their disposal. 

We can also investigate the desensitisation of violence. A young person may not be violent themselves. But may no longer feel as emotional towards it. For example, in films people die all the time. As they also do in games. So when we see death in the media or through other means, we a less emotionally involved. This in itself is very dangerous.

People get very upset when the scientific community claims that people could be more violent due to entertainment. But this is because they personally feel this is not so. I am afraid that this is a fact, and no opinion changes this. It should be recognised and respected. But as i said earlier, the violence you see is taken differently based on what information you have been exposed to prior to the experience. Thus, you are more effected at a younger age statistically.

In retrospect, it could be said that the world would be a much better place if there was no violent portrayal. We simply wouldnt know that killing is fun and thus wouldnt even want it in entertainment. You could argue that humans arnt inherently violent, merely groomed to believe such via cultural learning. This is easily proven via the 'man in the box'. Leave a kid in a dark box for years. You will find they have no personality. 

What about human morality? I don't buy this "we are what we see" garbage, if you see violence on a programme, film or a video game, and then go and act it out, you're morals are seriously damaged already and that is the root cause of the action. Foul language and ideals of a sexist nature may arise if exposed to these concepts too much, which is why I would never let my child play GTA, but to go out and be violent?

I remember some guy being tortured in a garage the same way that was portrayed in "Reservoir Dogs". I remember the Cinema shooting that was blamed on "The Dark Knight Rises", along with countless other events that society used video games and movies as a scape goat. All of these people were sick, and didn't know the difference between right and wrong, reality and make believe.

Human morality? What do you think that is? Clearly you havnt read much criminal history.

And i am sorry that 'you dont buy it', but it isnt some kind of optional opinion. It is fact. So whether you accept it or not, it is no less true. 

This isnt a simple case such as acting out some kind of scene. Knowledge can affect you in subtle ways, as well extreme.

Yes sorry, I'm afraid I have neglected my weekly studies of criminal history.

It is not "fact" at all that movies and games create ill people. This is your opinion which is treating people like mindless neanderthals that will end up nutcases if they see violence on a television screen. I understand that these images can effect someone in a negative manner, but I believe these people must already be mentally unstable to use the things they see as inspiration to cause violence or harm. If you know the difference between right and wrong, you will be just fine. You suggest people morals are built from cinema? Parents, friends, life experience, and society all have a much larger impact. If you choose to ignore all of that, and make decisions on whats right or wrong based on the video games you play, you're mentally unstable.

If however, your child is the type to go around murdering animals, or starting fights or showing signs of having problems with society or knowing how to behave, keep them away from this kind of thing. When they cause harm to someone it's yourself and society to blame, not works of fiction.

Oh im sorry. I didnt realise you had created a new theory on behavioural psychology that goes against all those that have been proven correct to this day? Please give a link and i would be happy to read up.

First off, if you are violent you are not 'ill'. And for most people. When they hear: 'violent games make you violent'. They think, mass murder and gunning people down in the streets. That line of thinking is retarded. But i suppose in a place like America where that happens on a monthly basis, it isnt that uncommon.

A game doesnt have to effect you in a massive way to make its effects apparent. They are subtle. And have been proven over countless studies, and is now fact. It is not my opinion.

You hit the nail on the head when you say morals are built up from life experience. Thats exactly it. But lets say a child is spending 60% of his day within a game, or watching parents fighting. The scenario doesnt matter. But you get the picture. Kids spend most of the lives either viewing TV programs or playing games. Thats in no way a bad thing. You can learn a lot. You can learn a lot from a movie just as you can from a teacher. But thats the point.

Someone said laws are bad? Jeese really? How'd you come up with that gem? Since throughout our entire existence that statement has never been true

brantkin
  • brantkin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hell yes! This^

I 100% agree with that :3. Even if i am American i hate my country. Just for that reason alone. It makes no sense at all. I watching a horror movie on tv. I was seeing people being dismembered. Yet i lol my ass of and said wth? when there was this one scene. Were this girl must have been nude. And they blurred it out. It's like really? tits are the devil, loving is bad. Killing is good, dismembering people are what angels do. It kinda funny how that works.

I swear America is backwards as fack right now. We need to get our crap together. Or we should get invaded, have our government destroyed. And start a new :3. That or as a country just get up. And move away from the white house. And live on our own lols. Kinda like what we did to the uk once before.  A government or country can not be ran with only one person. Well in less said person is crazy :3.

Also why in horror movies and games. Do they show dicks, but never show a vagina? have you guys ever, wondered about that also. Another thing that doesn't make sense. This would be a better time then never to state it i guess.

I hope the rest of the world isn't as backward as us right now. Or i fear the worst for the future of the human race. And remember people love is bad killing is god. I guess haven is the true hell. And hell is the true haven. It would make for an interesting book to say the least.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users