» «
Photo

If you let your kids play GTA you're horrible parent

325 replies to this topic
GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:15 AM Edited by GTALegion, 13 October 2013 - 05:17 AM.

What kind of parent lets their kids play a game like this? This morning I heard a couple of kids playing that could have only been 10 years old it the most. They were going on and on with foul language and it just infuriated me that somebody would let their kids do this. The thing that really bugs me was when one kid was talking about how he shot a pedestrian over and over and over while laughing his head off. Now I'm about as non PC is they come, but this was a little too extreme for me.

• Trilic, WarM4chine, OG Sunny and 4 others like this

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

People who practice child abuse do.  

• bobblunderbust likes this

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

People who practice child abuse do.  

I think letting them play games like this at that age is the equivalent of child abuse.

• rexmaverik, bobblunderbust and Odessa_Sledge like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

Ive experienced this so many times. Just wait until you hear one of them on the mic robbing a 24/7 and using racial slurs.....

• Rodgerzzz likes this

JRC99
  • JRC99

Freak

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

Not all of us are morons. I am 14 and I not only don't have a mic, I don't "grief" either. Don't lump us all together. That is like saying everyone of a certain ethnicity is exactly the same.

• the_warbsta and Slippery Gypsy like this

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

Not all of us are morons. I am 14 and I not only don't have a mic, I don't "grief" either. Don't lump us all together. That is like saying everyone of a certain ethnicity is exactly the same.

14 is much different than 8-10 year olds.

• madwullie likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

You at 14 should not be playing this, are not allowed to be playing it, and even if your parents said it's ok it is a total disgrace.

• Goldstein, Jontius and Odessa_Sledge like this

Regulatron
  • Regulatron

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:26 AM Edited by Regulatron, 13 October 2013 - 05:27 AM.

Yeah, it is a little crazy to be honest.

I play free aim mostly, which is generally an older or at least more mature audience.  However, sometimes I join other aim modes to do missions etc. and when I've come back into those lobbies and/or races I've heard kids f*cking going nuts laughing about stuff that really isn't that funny.  Kind of makes them sound psychotic.

But that's what you get when you don't parent and rely on Ritalin.  People wonder why we have so many mass shooters.  For me GTA is a way to vent frustration, but for some of these here youngins on my lawn I think they want to do it IRL.

p.s. it is funny as hell to hear some 10 year old going "Nigga gimme de money" in the whitest voice possible from their 6 bedroom 8 bath mc'mansion.

• madmanaz likes this

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:29 AM Edited by SpaceRobot, 13 October 2013 - 05:31 AM.

What kind of parent lets their kids play a game like this? This morning I heard a couple of kids playing that could have only been 10 years old it the most. They were going on and on with foul language and it just infuriated me that somebody would let their kids do this. The thing that really bugs me was when one kid was talking about how he shot a pedestrian over and over and over while laughing his head off. Now I'm about as non PC is they come, but this was a little too extreme for me.

Hell yes! This^

Sick of parents not giving a sh*t about what their kids are doing. Would you let your 12-year-old kid watch an NC-17 Movie? Not only does this game have actual nudity this time around, but there are several other things in this game that just aren't suitable for children. Mad drugs and sh*t.

I'm not usually one to keep kids away from the violent games because I grew up playing DOOM and Duke Nukem 3D when I was about 7 or 8 years old, but my parents would never have let me see 3D titties or let me play a game that had such a huge drug presence... f*ck these retarded ass parents who can't put their foot down and their dumbass little kids for begging and controlling their retarded ass parents.

• madmanaz likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hell yes! This^

Sick of parents not giving a sh*t about what their kids are doing. Would you let your 12-year-old kid watch an NC-17 Movie? Not only does this game have actual nudity this time around, but there are several other things in this game that just aren't suitable for children. Mad drugs and sh*t.

I'm not usually one to keep kids away from the violent games because I grew up playing DOOM and Duke Nukem 3D when I was about 7 or 8 years old, but my parents would never have let me see 3D titties or let me play a game that had such a huge drug presence... f*ck these retarded ass parents who cant put their foot down and their dumbass little kids for begging and controlling their retarded ass parents.

In duke nukem the titties had some weird X on them or something like a tassel that hung off so the kids couldn't see naything.

LosoNYC
  • LosoNYC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

I've played GTA since I was around 8 when III came out. I watched R rated movies since I don't even know what age. But I was always mature for my age & could handle things like that. Most kids cant.

• DEXISWOLF and LzInFaMouSzL like this

007_eleven
  • 007_eleven

The 80's are never over!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

I bet many of you started playing GTA at a young age, so get off your high horses, hypocritical grown ups. It was fine for me to play GTA III at age 10 but now it's child abuse is the vibe you give off. I've met annoying kids in multiplayer but also very annoying and stupid adults, mute them, kill them, or change server...
  • LzInFaMouSzL, GameBroAdvanced and el_bloom like this

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

Hell yes! This^

I'm not usually one to keep kids away from the violent games because I grew up playing DOOM and Duke Nukem 3D when I was about 7 or 8 years old, but my parents would never have let me see 3D titties or let me play a game that had such a huge drug presence... f*ck these retarded ass parents who cant put their foot down and their dumbass little kids for begging and controlling their retarded ass parents.

In duke nukem the titties had some weird X on them or something like a tassel that hung off so the kids couldn't see naything.

Yes, I do recall lol. However, theres a huge difference between a 2D flat animated booby tassel and a full 3D breast that youre able to 'touch' in-game.

JRC99
  • JRC99

Freak

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

You at 14 should not be playing this, are not allowed to be playing it, and even if your parents said it's ok it is a total disgrace.

You're the same guy who made a thread complaining about CIGARETTE BUTTS on your apartment floor, you cannot talk about maturity.

• LeAristocrat likes this

Regulatron
  • Regulatron

Square Civilian

• Members

Hell yes! This^

I'm not usually one to keep kids away from the violent games because I grew up playing DOOM and Duke Nukem 3D when I was about 7 or 8 years old, but my parents would never have let me see 3D titties or let me play a game that had such a huge drug presence... f*ck these retarded ass parents who can't put their foot down and their dumbass little kids for begging and controlling their retarded ass parents.

Dude you are so 'merica.  VIOLENCE YES.   TITTIES NO.

• Syntaxis, 727gta, brantkin and 1 other like this

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

I bet many of you started playing GTA at a young age, so get off your high horses, hypocritical grown ups. It was fine for me to play GTA III at age 10 but now it's child abuse is the vibe you give off. I've met annoying kids in multiplayer but also very annoying and stupid adults, mute them, kill them, or change server...

Actually, I started out with Mario Bros, homie. My mom would have never let me play something this realistic with such graphic content. Also, I was about 20 when GTA 3 came out.

Good try, though, sport.

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

Thumbs up @JRC99 But parents should know when kids are mature enough to play games like this, most parents dont know and let their unmature kids that play with the sole intention to shoot people play the game. And they are definetely bad parents. But this does not mean all underage kids are morons, nor does it mean all parents are blind to how their kids behave and how they perceive the world at their age, but unfortunately a lot are.
But I do consider myself mature enough, also as a fourteen year old, when I started playing the early games as a child, and as long as I actually behave like a human being and try to achieve something in life I am allowed to play GTA and other Mature rated games, as long as they do not in any way negatively affect me, wich they do not.

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:36 AM Edited by SpaceRobot, 13 October 2013 - 05:36 AM.

Yeah, we did play GTA at a young age, before they had so much nudity or even realistic violence for that matter. I played the top-down 2D GTA when that first came out in 1997 on my PC. None of the previous GTAs had any nudity in them and I even feel that GTA IV was pushing the limit. I would never let my son or daughter play a GTA game like the more recent ones at such a young age.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

Hell yes! This^

I know, it's so unfair. When I was in England, they had a naked chick on the 3rd page of the newspaper everyday. It was like a place of honor.

Man, I miss England.

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:37 AM Edited by philthethrill81, 13 October 2013 - 05:38 AM.

Parent will let kids do just about anything that holds their attention long enough to let you do w/e

It's called lazy parenting, and I've seen it

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:38 AM Edited by SpaceRobot, 13 October 2013 - 05:43 AM.

Hell yes! This^

Don't get me wrong, I love titties. However I don't think it's ok for 12-year-olds to go to a virtual strip club and throw money at a stripper. You're clearly are too young to understand these concepts.

Edit: and honestly, I don't really agree with a 8-12-year-old shooting 'realistic' pedestrians in the head and just laughing about it like it's something funny. Again, don't get me wrong, I have no feelings for virtual pedestrians, I just don't really find it funny to kill them. If they do, that sounds like some psychotic sh*t starting early.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Parent will let kids do just about anything that holds their attention long enough to let you do w/e

I work at a hotel as the night manager and I see it all the time. It's sad and frightening. These "parents" shove their kids out of the room so they can get busy, leaving the poor kids to wander the hotel, alone, at night, in a strange city.

It's like they've never heard the horror stories about kids being snatched up. As a parent, it makes me sick.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

This whole thread is full of sh*t, my 6 year old plays GTA, Saints Row and he mostly just drives around and shooting cops etc, He knows It's a game. A Bad parent is one that Allows this and does not remind him that It's just a game. My son does not see Nudity in the games or any sex acts, other than that we let him play. Also to those so called "Concerned Individuals" My Son does not have anger Issues and he does good in School. He knows right from wrong.

OP has no Idea what he is talking about. My son also see's scary movies. Most people who think Children should be shielded from Scary movies, loud music and bloody games are usually non-parents and/or Christians.

• yeagerbom and TheIllaDopest like this

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

I agree though, seeing as I started playing violent video games really early, watching violent movies etc. and it hasnt previously affected me, I think people like me are more of an exception. But in any case, it is still the parents fault, as they decide wether their kids should play the game or not.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

This whole thread is full of sh*t, my 6 year old plays GTA, Saints Row and he mostly just drives around and shooting cops etc, He knows It's a game. A Bad parent is one that Allows this and does not remind him that It's just a game. My son does not see Nudity in the games or any sex acts, other than that we let him play. Also to those so called "Concerned Individuals" My Son does not have anger Issues and he does good in School. He knows right from wrong.

OP has no Idea what he is talking about. My son also see's scary movies. Most people who think Children should be shielded from Scary movies, loud music and bloody games are usually non-parents and/or Christians.

Atheist parent here bud. Try again.

And by try again, I mean try again to be a good parent, because right now? You suck.

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

I wouldn't let my son play GTA IV because he was around that age. He's 13 now though, close to 14, and he hear's worse at school and has also been playing games for a good while now. Being a gamer for many years myself I taught him early on the difference between real life and gaming and how gaming is only pretend and never to be taken seriously. He can play a game like this now and know that it's just for fun and goofing around and that it doesn't have any bearing on what goes on in his real life. Some kids also handle things differently than others and some mature much faster than others depending on their upbringing and surroundings. Not justifying 8 to 10 year olds playing this but it's hard to judge without knowing the situation fully. Obviously some parents just don't care and some kids will be negatively affected by playing games like this.

Regulatron
  • Regulatron

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

I work at a hotel as the night manager and I see it all the time. It's sad and frightening. These "parents" shove their kids out of the room so they can get busy, leaving the poor kids to wander the hotel, alone, at night, in a strange city.

It's like they've never heard the horror stories about kids being snatched up. As a parent, it makes me sick.

Dude, I got a connect that will get you 55k a kid.  I take a 15% fee.  PM me if interested.

Regulatron
  • Regulatron

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:45 AM Edited by Regulatron, 13 October 2013 - 05:45 AM.

'mer'ca.  shooting cops < seeing titties.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

Dude, I got a connect that will get you 55k a kid.  I take a 15% fee.  PM me if interested.

I know that's just a joke, but it still disturbs me. Being a parent makes you a lot more succeptable to these horrors.Before I had a kid, I would have been all "LOL BLACK MARKET SON! CHA CHING!" but now I'm like... "Haha... right... /walk away slowly."

lol

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:48 AM Edited by SpaceRobot, 13 October 2013 - 05:50 AM.

I am also an atheist. I think that it's cool that your son knows the difference between right and wrong, but there are kids out there that this game is reaching and they don't know the difference or they have underlying mental disorders. Regardless, my main issue was that parents don't give a f*ck about whether their kids see the nudity. I mean, as a kid I used to look at boobs all the time, but I knew that my parents didn't want me to. What ever happened to people caring about what their kids see?

Edit: I know some of you are all " 'Merica, what a joke, boob<violence", but these are young ass kids we're talking about. Not teens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users