Quantcast

» «
Photo

Customizable Apartments, Pet Stores, Barber Unlocks?

17 replies to this topic
THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:08 AM Edited by SideburnGuru, 13 October 2013 - 05:12 AM.

Anyone remember these things that were supposed to be in the game from different articles? And before anyone asks for "SOURCE", it's Google. You'd be doing the same sh*t I do. If you doubt someone that much, I'll give you a quick free tutorial. Open up a tab or another window. Google whatever you think I'm lieing about, like "Customizable Apartment GTA" or "Customizable Safehouse GTA" and see if anything pops up. There you go. 

1. Customizable Apartments. I thought this was in an article perhaps released by IGN? I'm pretty sure one experienced tester said they were customizable. The safehouses, at least. Like, being able to put different items down inside it, etc. Really let down by the fact it isn't. 

Really want to change my costy house with a 10 car garage into a nerd base, with comic figurines that are featured in the game up everywhere, maybe a different TV, etc. Kinda let down by that 

2. Pets? Now, I remember the whole speculation was "THE PET STORE". I'm pretty sure even members of the board were saying that it was meant for Online. Well, not only is that not true apparently, there's no animal living in GTA Online in general. So apparently, when they said it was taking place before the events of GTA 5, they also meant before the time of animals. 

3. Barber Shop Unlocks with new styles. I can provide a source because I asked R* directly about that. 

http://support.rocks...ion-creativity- 

Uhm. What? Maybe I'm missing it, but this doesn't add up. 

Nothing goes past level 30 in the hair salon. Meanwhile, they're clearly guns/shirts/etc they go to level 100, the top gun being level 102. But if they were locked, you'd see a locked sign. 

All the features in the Salon are the same ones from the inital customization. Unless I'm missing something, this isn't true at all, and it's really disapointing. 

So far, that's all the complaints I got so far. Anyone know what happened with these things? 

• WarM4chine likes this

WarM4chine
  • WarM4chine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

1. Customizable Apartments. I thought this was in an article perhaps released by IGN? I'm pretty sure one experienced tester said they were customizable. The safehouses, at least. Like, being able to put different items down inside it, etc. Really let down by the fact it isn't. 

Really want to change my costy house with a 10 car garage into a nerd base, with comic figurines in the game up everywhere, maybe a different TV, etc. Kinda let down by that 

I wonder if they can put out an update allowing this.

I would also like to see the addition of buying your own boat dock and helo pad with the pad potentially being on top of the higher end apartments.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

I Googled "Customizable Safehouse GTA" and "Customizable apartment GTA" - and, for both, all I got were Youtube videos and forum posts from regular people. Nothing Rockstar affiliated. I even added "Online" to both searches to see if that changed anything.

I don't personally have any interest in the other two, but I can't recall - nor find - any Rockstar-released info about customizing apartments. Sorry, mate.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:13 AM Edited by SideburnGuru, 13 October 2013 - 05:15 AM.

Really want to change my costy house with a 10 car garage into a nerd base, with comic figurines in the game up everywhere, maybe a different TV, etc. Kinda let down by that 

I would also like to see the addition of buying your own boat dock and helo pad with the pad potentially being on top of the higher end apartments.

I did suggest this to R* through email. Nothing much, not like it's game breaking, but it was one of my suggestions. 

A DLC update in the future that allowed more apartments or even houses, one of which being it's own helipad? That'd be nice. Truly, I'd like to have a place to store planes, but that might require a map expansion of the airport part, and that might have to come alot further down the way. 

As for the person saying he couldn't find anything? Thanks for looking, but here. 
https://www.google.c...t customization 
Second video. He should also have sources to check out, because I'm pretty sure that's what amped me up, and due to the fact everything else about the video is spot on. 

I'm starting to think it's a feature left out for the future DLC, just like pet stores. 

• WarM4chine and Raslyk like this

WarM4chine
  • WarM4chine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

As for the person saying he couldn't find anything? Thanks for looking, but here. 

Fify

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

No.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:46 AM Edited by Zonegamer, 13 October 2013 - 05:46 AM.

Hopefully all these suggestions will be added as future dlc but I'm guessing people raised their expectation bars too high and let the excitement of the MP trailer sell them false dreams, nonetheless these basic features should have been in from day one.

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

Giant LOL at R* just stopping answering you after that last question there, haha... Kinda weak
  • THE DRAGOON likes this

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

Most of the articles stemmed from the theories and ideas that people here came up with.
They just copy and paste and no one can sue them as its a public forum.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

I remember hearing about the pet stores. As for the hair styles, I suppose that unlocking bald hair at level 0 counts as unlocking a new hairstyle as you progress in Rockstar's mind...

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

@OP - probably future DLC/MT, because they either ran out of time, or it is a conscious decision. 

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Lol. The bald was in the initial customization too, wasn't it?

And yeah probably more in the future.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

its pretty weak that saints row has all the options that were left behind in grand theft auto...

dhill2127
  • dhill2127

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

Source?

SlicedSebs
  • SlicedSebs

I sell soap...

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Can't say I really care about having a pet, but customisation for apartments and more hair/facial hair options is a must for me. Don't really see the point of inviting friends in to my apartment (beyond goofing around for a bit) when it's a carbon copy of what they've got/can have anyway.

It's also a joke that the barber shop only features hairstyles I've already opted not to use in the character creator, yet R* consider them as being 'unlockables' as a reward for progress.

• WarM4chine likes this

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

its pretty weak that saints row has all the options that were left behind in grand theft auto...

Saints Row has to be good at something

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

The apartment (safe-house) thing does have a lot to be desired. Christ, if you spend any time in your apartment at all, by the time you leave someone(s) will be waiting to kill you outside. 

Happens all the time. I go passive mode every time I'm in a random session now 

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Can't say I really care about having a pet, but customisation for apartments and more hair/facial hair options is a must for me. Don't really see the point of inviting friends in to my apartment (beyond goofing around for a bit) when it's a carbon copy of what they've got/can have anyway.

It's also a joke that the barber shop only features hairstyles I've already opted not to use in the character creator, yet R* consider them as being 'unlockables' as a reward for progress.

I'm "eh", with the pet. I kinda get why they didn't, seeing as griefers and all that, but whatever.

As for the apartment, agreed. Since each one looks the same, what's the point? Let me change out the walls/floors and furni to make it look like something I'd like.

As for the barber, totally agree and really let down by R*. It's almost a blatant lie on their part, because there are no hairstyles there outside of the ones from the imitation customization.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users