• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Bounty hunters garage

iouqA52.jpg

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by NoMeansYes, 13 October 2013 - 05:48 PM.

Thats the problem, theyre leaving because of the bounty itself. Ive followed players to almost 3 -4 sessions 1 right after the other. Theres no point in having bountys if people are just going to leave as soon as they see someone on their ass. 

It's not my choice to have a bounty on me (haven't deserved it once yet) so I'm removing your chance to acquire it by running away out of spite (I'm also really sh*t at combat, I'm a racer), and to avoid paying 2k whilst gaining the price of the bounty. It is easy money for the bounty victim if played right that's why people do it..

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

My question to OP is, if you knew that there was a good chance of this happening on a regular basis then why would you risk driving all the way across the map? I can understand going after a bounty if the person is only a few streets away but any further than that and i wouldn't bother with it personally.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Lol yea its stupid but its okay.. ofcourse people will try everything in their power to survive. Esp if they are level 7 and level 40-70 players are coming for him... what do you expect the guy to do?.. Its understandable. 

no it's not

it's f*cking stupid

I can't get why some1 would be hiding in their appartment or a solo session instead of having fun playing the game

there's f*ck all to be done in your appartment

so what some1 kills you, it's an online game, interaction with other players is the whole point

just don't have the bounty count down when a player is in their appartment or anything other than an open free mode lobby

let the bounty stay with them forever if it has to

GSi
  • GSi

R3B3L

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

It's the 1k bountys I find very pointless not even worth chasing after I would rather rob a store for that amount,

If the bounty price is right 6k and up i will go hunting and have made sure i have the vehicle for the task dependent on the bountys location, Currently saving up for the attack buzzard to add to my inventory.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Yea some people are getting way too excited about it.  I would like to see it be somewhat functional for later in the game when real players are playing it they can put a 50K or 100K bounty on someones head and have there be a pretty good chance he dies.  I guess im cool with having them sit in their apartment for an hour to clear it, but they should not get the money and they should not be able to change servers unless they pay a fee.  I think the next patch is gonna change its somehow.  Most of the little kids with probably leave when COD comes out anyway so maybe the problem will fix itself, lol!  1K bounties arent worth chasing if you are playing the game right and I dont think anyone is gonna have too hard a time escaping them by being out in the free roam world.  If youre right next to me I will kill you, but I sure wont be chasing you all the way across the map for 1K when there are faster ways to make more money, lol! If you have to cry about paying 500 or even 1000 to remove a bounty if there is a limit on how many how often can be put on you then you probably shouldnt be playing this game at all.  who knows, maybe there are just too many morons to be able to make it work correctly, but I just thought it was a very cool idea.  I guess when you can pay merryweather 7500 to go kill them then maybe bounties are a complete waste of time.  I just love gta for all the little things they do like this, unfortunately so many of them dont really work correctly or are easily exploited by idiots, haha!  too bad really.

Decimationist
  • Decimationist

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Get over it. The max you can get from a bounty is 9 thousand anyway...

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Nope, bad idea. Some people with a bounty on them genuinely have to stop playing. 

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

since when does the bounty countdown and let you claim the money?
I stayed in the game for a few hours and still had the bounty on me until I just let someone shoot me.

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by Itislupus, 13 October 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Life happens.
you saying rockstar should penalize people because they have to stop playing and you dont?

now if they do what ive been doing maybe.

get bounty, lure people far out, start a mission, drive back to city, quit mission, repeat

Thats the problem, theyre leaving because of the bounty itself. Ive followed players to almost 3 -4 sessions 1 right after the other. Theres no point in having bountys if people are just going to leave as soon as they see someone on their ass. 
Problem?

Edit: steal jet,
call Lester,
hide your blip,
airstrike the hell out of player with bounty,
???
Profit

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Nope, bad idea. Some people with a bounty on them genuinely have to stop playing. 

no they arent, they are just scared little kids who are too young and dumb to be playing the game in the first place. They are crying and scared to die and lose 2K, get over it, go rob a store and you got your 2k back, go play a mission like you are supposed you and you get your 2 k back if you are low level noob, once you get higher level you get more more money.  go play a survival with 3 other people and survive wave 10 and you get 20K, you whiny little kids crying about 2k are so dumb.  who cares if you die, its so easy to get your 2k back plus more if you play the game instead of hiding in your apartment cause the baddies are after you.  If you jack a car kill the driver and you will get way less bounties.  Stop your crying and learn to play or quit playing.  If you cant handle playing an 18+ rated mature game then maybe you should get your mommy to buy you some pokeymon cards.  Its not like you lose your car and your apartment if you die, you guys act like its the end of the world, and it pretty much has zero effect on your ability to play the game, lol! I think the main problem is you think this game is a cool SIMS game with cars and planes and boats and helis, oh my , its so cool!  If someone shoots you then you shoot them back, if you suck then practice and you will get better, if you cant get better then go play something else.

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

no they arent, they are just scared little kids who are too young and dumb to be playing the game in the first place. They are crying and scared to die and lose 2K, get over it, go rob a store and you got your 2k back, go play a mission like you are supposed you and you get your 2 k back if you are low level noob, once you get higher level you get more more money.  go play a survival with 3 other people and survive wave 10 and you get 20K, you whiny little kids crying about 2k are so dumb.  who cares if you die, its so easy to get your 2k back plus more if you play the game instead of hiding in your apartment cause the baddies are after you.  If you jack a car kill the driver and you will get way less bounties.  Stop your crying and learn to play or quit playing.  If you cant handle playing an 18+ rated mature game then maybe you should get your mommy to buy you some pokeymon cards.  Its not like you lose your car and your apartment if you die, you guys act like its the end of the world, and it pretty much has zero effect on your ability to play the game, lol! I think the main problem is you think this game is a cool SIMS game with cars and planes and boats and helis, oh my , its so cool!  If someone shoots you then you shoot them back, if you suck then practice and you will get better, if you cant get better then go play something else.

Damn, you really are mad you couldn't claim that pitiful bounty because they left aren't you?

• Subliminal123456 likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

no, i dont waste my time with 1K bounties, im just sick of all the stupid little kids whining and crying over problems that arent really problems and then loving bugs and glitches that make it easier for them to play a game they shouldnt be playing in the first place and saying that it works great and isnt broken when clearly it is broken to a real player, thats what im mad about, haha!  Even if you have a 9k bounty its not a big deal if you die, you still only lose 2K.   Its funny how some of you people think, its like you cant see the big picture and only focus on one little thing which given the grand scheme of things doesnt even matter.  If losing 2K is that big of a deal to you that you would rather sit in your apartment and do nothing like a little bitch for an hour then clearly you arent playing the game right. in the time you waste sitting there doing nothing waiting for the bounty to expire you couldve easily made 40K or more if you had just died and then continued playing the game and doing missions, lol! Its mind boggling how dumb some of you are.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Didn't read the entire OP because it was boring me. Nor did i waste my time reading the answers, but here, have my two cents anyway:

People get bounties set on them for next to nothing sometimes, so if they want to quit the session because some asshole wanted an easy $7000 so set a bounty, he should be allowed to do so.

Also, people don't lose their bounties until they've waited it out for an entire in-game day. So switching lobbies won't rid them of their bounty, and they'll still be under threat in the next one. If you feel that strongly about getting the bounty, follow him.

Personally, i understand how annoying it is having everybody after you simply because you stole a car and some random person decided to throw a bounty on you, so i don't go for them anyway.

Subliminal123456
  • Subliminal123456

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by Subliminal123456, 13 October 2013 - 07:33 PM.

no, i dont waste my time with 1K bounties, im just sick of all the stupid little kids whining and crying over problems that arent really problems and then loving bugs and glitches that make it easier for them to play a game they shouldnt be playing in the first place and saying that it works great and isnt broken when clearly it is broken to a real player, thats what im mad about, haha!  Even if you have a 9k bounty its not a big deal if you die, you still only lose 2K.   Its funny how some of you people think, its like you cant see the big picture and only focus on one little thing which given the grand scheme of things doesnt even matter.  If losing 2K is that big of a deal to you that you would rather sit in your apartment and do nothing like a little bitch for an hour then clearly you arent playing the game right. in the time you waste sitting there doing nothing waiting for the bounty to expire you couldve easily made 40K or more if you had just died and then continued playing the game and doing missions, lol! Its mind boggling how dumb some of you are.

You really are one helluva muppet! It's not even worth pointing out the problems with your percieved position.

You are too stupid to make the bounty system work for you? Go find something else to do!

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by NoMeansYes, 13 October 2013 - 07:36 PM.

I totally agree that it's broken/not implemented well, there are too many ways to avoid a bounty at the moment but I will continue to use them as I really can't be bothered to spend forever avoiding them from the gung-ho low-level children, it is more of an annoyance having to kill them all with sticky bombs that they haven't unlocked themselves rather than anyone crying or being a bitch.

I have just continually done missions to avoid free roam and indeed did earn lots of money doing so, but it's also quite fun watching the carnage on the TV

NXKS
  • NXKS

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Bounty hunters garage

iouqA52.jpg

you're a sh*tty bounty hunter if you don't have the fastest car in the game fully modded, i consistently outrun tards like you trying to chase my adder in a slow ass mustang

Mugetsu
  • Mugetsu

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

they can have 1000 dollars taken from them 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

I totally agree that it's broken, there are too many ways to avoid a bounty at the moment but I will continue to use them as I really can't be bothered to spend forever avoiding them from the gung-ho low-level children, it is more of an annoyance having to kill them all with sticky bombs that they haven't unlocked themselves rather than anyone crying or being a bitch.

I have just continually done missions to avoid free roam and indeed did earn lots of money doing so, but it's also quite fun watching the carnage on the TV

heh, true true! Sometimes I like to play with them and let them chase me and as long as they dont have a jet or a chopper I can usually outmaneuver them.  no one has ever chased me for longer than 10 minutes anyway, they eventually discover that its not worth it cause they cant catch me most of the time. And even if they do I would rather die and lose 2K and then go make 40K instead of doing nothing for an hour.  When they are chasing you with a pistol and you have the carbine cause youve actually been playing the game right they quit chasing you pretty fast, the higher level players usually dont care about anything less than 5K and even then wont spend much time chasing you cause they know they can also make more faster doing missions.  

Also heres a pro tip for you crybaby noobsacks, if someone is chasing you get a ways ahead of them and stop your car sideways and take cover behind it or a wall or something.  when they come around the corner and roll up on you shoot them in the face. They almost never see that one coming and think you just crashed or something if you time it right,  its much easier to aim outside a car than it is while inside driving it, especially if you are trying to shoot behind you.  You should be able to kill them easily.  I love the combat pistol and find it to be quite great for headshots, at higher lvls the assault rifle works well also, they both easily outgun their poorly aimed SMG if you have cover and are stopped. They quit chasing you pretty fast when you kill them a few times.

• GapingAngus likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Okay so Im getting f*cking sick of going after a high bounty, speeding across the desert and then have the asshole just leave. 

Not only have i chased the bounty to the other session he was in , but as soon as he saw me going after him again ,he left to another session.

This is getting ridiculous, people need to be penalized for hopping sessions when you have a bounty on you. Its annoying as hell.

Ive emailed rockstar and they told me they need to hear the community as a whole so if you agree or have another suggstion for People with bountys that leave session after session please comment.

lulz.

I constantly get bounties on me and leave the session.  You would just loooooove me.

Thing is, I could care less about people chasing me for bounties.  Sometimes I lead them on a huge chase into no where and then jump into a job, race or death match.  Buh Bye :D

Thing is, that what I was gonna do in the 1st place.  Its not like theres a rule that says bounties need to sit still or fight back to give players a chance to claim it.   Hey, im busy over here.  And running away or fighting back is not making me any money or gaining me an xp.

Just sayin'.

• NoMeansYes likes this

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by Pitch~Black, 13 October 2013 - 08:09 PM.

The whole idea, the way I see it, was to spice the game up. It's secondary function is a very minor anti-griefing tool. If someone can't leave a server because of a bounty, than that tool works for the griefer instead. The reason it isn't refunded to the player who places the bounty when they leave the server is because there should be a small amount of risk involved. It should be used only if the situation warrants the risk. To make bounties more "serious" would give them too much power and create even more imbalance.

So if you placed a bounty and that player switches servers, you have the satisfaction of knowing that bounty goes with them. However, I do see the flaw with them switching to a private server to wait it out. I think the simple solution is that when they switch to a private server, the timer on the bounty should pause until they join a public server again. I almost feel the same should be true when hiding in an apartment. 

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Thing is, that what I was gonna do in the 1st place.  Its not like theres a rule that says bounties need to sit still or fight back to give players a chance to claim it.   Hey, im busy over here.  And running away or fighting back is not making me any money or gaining me an xp.

Just sayin'.

You just won this thread

• Subliminal123456 likes this

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Who gives a sh*t?

I agree with this.

Delminator
  • Delminator

Santa Claus

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

I buzzed @ appartement and the guy let me in, er had a little conversation, i made up a lie about a sweet race i wanted to do with him.. right outside i killed his ass and claimed a 9k bounty , the guy asked me why i did that , he didnt know he was a wanting men

billy2048
  • billy2048

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for the idea fa**ot.

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

I buzzed @ appartement and the guy let me in, er had a little conversation, i made up a lie about a sweet race i wanted to do with him.. right outside i killed his ass and claimed a 9k bounty , the guy asked me why i did that , he didnt know he was a wanting men

This is another problem , Some people dont pay attention to the feed, there should be some sort of always on indication if you have a bounty, also we should be able to look at the current bountys in the game, who the people are that have them and how much. 

I feel like the bounty system is pretty sh*tty and could be more if only a little more time and effort was put into it.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

- Bounties do not count down when in closed friend/crew/ invite only / solo sessions.

- Bounties do not count down when inside buildings/apartments

- Switching session or exiting online resets the bounty timer.

So you can switch session if you want to join a friend, or go offline whenever you want... but it's not an effective way of dodging bounties.

You can play solo/friends only at any time, but its not an effective way of finishing bounties.

Only downside is friends can agree to kill each other for bounties and split the profits, but that seems pretty minor.

Escalating bounties sound incredibly prone to abuse and penalties for switching sound like they could hurt legitimate players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users