Photo

Petition to Penalize Bounty Session Hoppers

146 replies to this topic
Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Lmao...the things some of you whine about is absolutely astounding. 

Believe it or not, but no one is forcing you to chase after the guy. No one is forcing you to continuously follow him into new sessions. I would suggest re-evaluating your life if the bounty amount means that much to you.

Yet everyone bitches about griefers so how on earth are we suppose to differentiate whats more important?

Griefers are completely different. If you can't differentiate the two, I don't know what to tell you. Like I said, no one is forcing you to go after him and constantly jump sessions with him. 

This.

Griefers intentionally try to ruin other people's fun, even if those other people are minding their own business and not bothering anybody.  This bounty situation: as has been said, no one is forcing you to go after them and try to collect it.  Some guy skips out on you?  Big deal--grab a Baller or Felon and sell it to LS customs for $9k, and you've still got your money.

I actually love getting $5-$9k bounties put on me, cuz as long as I play it smart that's free $$ (and at lvl 24, $5-$9k is still a decent chunk of change to me), but I agree that the system isn't really working the way it's set up now.  It's too easy to reward the bounty target themselves who, except for the cases where some bored griefer stuck it on them, obviously did something worth being punished for.

What I'd like to see is the bounty target still be allowed to change sessions, but if they join a solo session, a friends-only session, or enter their apartment/garage at any time, the bounty is canceled and the person who set it gets their money back.  The bounty should also be suspended while that person is on a job, so if they want to earn that money themselves, they need to survive 48 minutes in the wild in a public freeroam...

slk1981
  • slk1981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Just got of the phone to R*

They said they don't give a sh*t

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Just got of the phone to R*

They said they don't give a sh*t

Word for word, they said, "We don't give a sh*t.", and hung up the phone. They live up to the Rockstar name huh?

• sultangris likes this

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Lol yea its stupid but its okay.. ofcourse people will try everything in their power to survive. Esp if they are level 7 and level 40-70 players are coming for him... what do you expect the guy to do?.. Its understandable. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

Lol yea its stupid but its okay.. ofcourse people will try everything in their power to survive. Esp if they are level 7 and level 40-70 players are coming for him... what do you expect the guy to do?.. Its understandable. 

yea totally, but when he has a 100% chance of getting away you dont see the problem with that? lol! come on dude, its not rocket science! 

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

yea totally, but when he has a 100% chance of getting away you dont see the problem with that? lol! come on dude, its not rocket science! 

Forcing a player to stay in the session until they're hunted will never be a solution, it'll just create more problems. If you decide to chase a player with a bounty all over the map, then feel free, but if they leave, they leave, that's that.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:14 AM Edited by God-eater, 13 October 2013 - 07:16 AM.

I see the Bounty system as an anti-griefer tool. If someone is hassling you and you don't have the capacity to stop them (say, they're spawn killing you with an attack chopper), put a Bounty on them - they'll either hide out or get hunted down by half the players in-session; either way, they're out of your hair and you can get on with your game. 

As for penalising 'bail-jumpers', many of the suggested penalties seem very open to exploitation - for example, adding to the bounty each time the player swapped sessions would lead to people swapping dozens of times over 48 minutes to rack up the final bounty, which they would then collect. Forcing players with bounties to remain in-session would become a griefing tool instantly, with crews trapping some poor lowbie with repeated bounties.

TL;DR? I think that the Bounty system is working as intended, and the OP has an imperfect understanding of the purpose of that particular game mechanism.  

EDIT: I do like the idea of being able to follow the target from session to session - that actually seems really in the spirit of bounty hunting. 

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:18 AM Edited by zainzombie, 13 October 2013 - 07:19 AM.

Forcing a player to stay in the session until they're hunted will never be a solution, it'll just create more problems. If you decide to chase a player with a bounty all over the map, then feel free, but if they leave, they leave, that's that.

That ^^. Not to mention, sometimes players dont even deserve the bounty and it is set on them randomly by a NPC or some assclown in the lobby sitting infront of his TV.

The best solution would be.... as soon as he leaves a session, extend the time period of the bounty on his head. 

goathead
  • goathead

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

I do this occasionally.  Did you enjoy your trip?  Have a nice drive?  I enjoy it immensely.

As for your complaint, can't be done.  What, so I jack a car, get a bounty, and then am not allowed to go offline for the next 48 minutes to suit you?  Not allowed to join a mission/race/DM/survival?  I have a life.  Maybe I need to go offline to take a crap, or to wank off to your avatar.

Whatever it is, real life takes precedence over games.  Adults understand that.

Classic lol..excellent read.

OP...
You've been sniffing glue or something pal..however..

Think I read in a post too a guy suggesting if someone puts a bounty on someone then he's not allowed to leave the session!????

Seriously..Wtf is going thru peoples heads!! Awww..

Bounty system flawed..
Big deal
  • Subliminal123456 likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:32 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 13 October 2013 - 07:33 AM.

Maybe the person hopping gets an extra +100 added to the bounty as well as few extra in-game hours added for each time he/she joins another session? :D

Could be quite at a big bounty in the end! And a long lasting one too :D

irishsm0ke
  • irishsm0ke

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

The nice thing about bounties is it doesn't matter if they have 1k or 10K on them, they're getting hunted down as a nice big red blip on the map.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

well like i said it doesnt have to be exactly what I said, that was just an idea.  I think being able to pay it yourself and leave is a pretty easy fix, maybe if its a player bounty but NPC bounties just disappear or something.  It would be kinda like if you have stars and try to join a mission invite, you gotta pay 500 bucks to lose them, or maybe pay 500 to lose the bounty too, but you should not be allowed to quit the session and keep the bounty for yourself, you should get nothing unless you stay in the session out of your apartment and run the timer down.  maybe my idea isnt perfect and might create other problems,  but clearly its not perfect right now either, unless youre the asshat griefer who get the bounty put on them and then leaves to a solo session and gets the money, then its pretty perfect, but for the normal player its broke as f*ck yo! lol! This is a discussion open to other ideas on how to fix a clearly broken game feature, idiots posting Its perfect and its great change nothing! are morons and clearly not intelligent enough to be involved in the discussion.  Its broke, no doubt about it any semi intelligent person can see that, offer a solution or STFU.  :)

I think what most of you are failing to realize is exactly how broken this game is right now.  They intended it to be much harder to get money, there arent supposed to be any players over lvl 40 or so at this time and pretty much everyone who is has cheated and exploited and wouldnt be at that level if the game was working correctly.  People are not gonna waste money trying to grief you to hold you to the server by putting a bounty on you and even if they do you are never really locked to the server, simply die and then the bounty is gone and you can leave much faster than they can put a new bounty on you, or make there be a cool down period between bounties so that they have to wait an hour or whatever before there can be another bounty placed on you.  

There are literally millions of possibilities to fixing the problem but you will never find them if you dont have a discussion about it and share your ideas.  you stupid little kids are far too dumb, you want everything your way and cry and whine and bitch at anyone who wants the game to work correctly and be fair for everyone.  You either cant understand the big picture or are too immature to want the game to be fair for everyone, you would rather cheat and use every advantage you cant to think you won or accomplished something, when in fact you accomplished nothing because you cheated.  Games are much more fun when you play them right but your typical little kid doest have the skills or the attention span to be a good competitive gamer so they love the cheats and glitches to give them an edge.  The noobs and griefers love the broken system now cause they can get away from bounties 100% of the time with no consequences and make free money so its great for them.  If you cant see its broken now then you are dumb, plain and simple and I hope you have fun playing COD in November.  This game is very complex and very bugged.  It has great potential and real mature gamers would love to see it fixed and perfected.  I probably shouldnt even be on this forum because its 80 percent moron 12 year olds and pretty much a compete waste of time even trying to argue with them because they do not have the mental capacity to understand or the maturity to care.  

Whatever, STFU, go play pokeymon! Go play with a teddy bear, maybe ill post a stupid too long didnt read photo or ten, haha!  Im cool, I talked sh*t to a guy on the internet who was complaining about a valid problem and he cant do nothing about it.  Sure glad this isnt real life, he wouldve give me a spanking for talking to him like that!  I hope mommy makes me a PBJ sandwich and cleans my room for me, imma go sell the same bike over and over again for about 3 hours in a row to make a few million so i can buy the best apartment and some supercars, that should be lots of fun, Im so awesome, derpa derp!  Oh, 2 days later I have everything and theres nothing to do in the game anymore, guess ill go play with my little weenie for a while and wait for COD to come out.

hostaman
  • hostaman

Seasoned GTA Player (Online WTF?)

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

• You choose to go after someone with a bounty.
  • You choose to drive half way across the map for this.
  • As the game is an adult game, I assume you're an adult.

Live with it.

• Subliminal123456 likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

• You choose to go after someone with a bounty.
  • You choose to drive half way across the map for this.
  • As the game is an adult game, I assume you're an adult.

Live with it.

Listen to the voice chat, not many adults playing this game, it would be much better if it was though, haha! no intelligent adult would think that the current bounty system is perfect.  Clearly it is bugged and broken, much like lots of the rest of the game.  I dont remember being so dumb when i was younger.  Maybe I was and just didnt realize it, or maybe the Ritalin is melting your little brains, lol!

BlueJosh
  • BlueJosh

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

I do this occasionally.  Did you enjoy your trip?  Have a nice drive?  I enjoy it immensely.

As for your complaint, can't be done.  What, so I jack a car, get a bounty, and then am not allowed to go offline for the next 48 minutes to suit you?  Not allowed to join a mission/race/DM/survival?  I have a life.  Maybe I need to go offline to take a crap, or to wank off to your avatar.

Whatever it is, real life takes precedence over games.  Adults understand that.

LOL well said.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

still no one has said how you follow them to another session, can someone explain how please?

ZeroDemon
  • ZeroDemon

Zero420

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

There are literally millions of possibilities to fixing the problem but you will never find them if you dont have a discussion about it and share your ideas.  you stupid little kids are far too dumb, you want everything your way and cry and whine and bitch at anyone who wants the game to work correctly and be fair for everyone.  You either cant understand the big picture or are too immature to want the game to be fair for everyone, you would rather cheat and use every advantage you cant to think you won or accomplished something, when in fact you accomplished nothing because you cheated.  Games are much more fun when you play them right but your typical little kid doest have the skills or the attention span to be a good competitive gamer so they love the cheats and glitches to give them an edge.  The noobs and griefers love the broken system now cause they can get away from bounties 100% of the time with no consequences and make free money so its great for them.  If you cant see its broken now then you are dumb, plain and simple and I hope you have fun playing COD in November.  This game is very complex and very bugged.  It has great potential and real mature gamers would love to see it fixed and perfected.  I probably shouldnt even be on this forum because its 80 percent moron 12 year olds and pretty much a compete waste of time even trying to argue with them because they do not have the mental capacity to understand or the maturity to care.  

This statement right here contradicts everything you say. You refuse to listen as to why this method and all of the suggested features won't work. You bitch about people who disagree with you, whilst bitching about people that don't listen and automatically disagree. Actually a sad fact is, the majority of the trolls aren't kids. No matter what this setup will never be fair, it's your choice to chase someone halfway across the map for a measly 9k at best. and spend twice that to put the bounty on them, it's a risk that you take. You fail to realize that a vast majority of bounty putters are griefers as well as hunters. The bounty system was designed to get someone back or get them off your ass at the expense of others greed. Forcing someone to quit the session cause they don't want to die seems to be right on target. Bounty hunting will never get you good money, medical costs make people hide.

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by whitebic, 13 October 2013 - 08:28 AM.

this is almost the most retarded thing I read today.

/thread

RDR-Detox
  • RDR-Detox

lllNamelesslll

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:32 AM Edited by RDR-Detox, 13 October 2013 - 08:33 AM.

Okay so Im getting f*cking sick of going after a high bounty, speeding across the desert and then have the asshole just leave. 

Not only have i chased the bounty to the other session he was in , but as soon as he saw me going after him again ,he left to another session.

This is getting ridiculous, people need to be penalized for hopping sessions when you have a bounty on you. Its annoying as hell.

Ive emailed rockstar and they told me they need to hear the community as a whole so if you agree or have another suggstion for People with bountys that leave session after session please comment.

I don't care at all...

I never actually try to hunt them down anyways. The only times i'll kill someone with a bounty on them is if they actually come to me, or I happen to run into them.

I think it is kinda dumb that people can just go to their apartments and wait for the bounty to run out though (But again I don't really care, just think that seems kinda stupid lol)

RDR-Detox
  • RDR-Detox

lllNamelesslll

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

still no one has said how you follow them to another session, can someone explain how please?

On the ps3 you can go to the "players met" list, find the name of the person and choose to join his current session. (I used to do that all the time on RDR when I found a griefer lol)

I haven't been able to find a way to do it on xbox though

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

This statement right here contradicts everything you say. You refuse to listen as to why this method and all of the suggested features won't work. You bitch about people who disagree with you, whilst bitching about people that don't listen and automatically disagree. Actually a sad fact is, the majority of the trolls aren't kids. No matter what this setup will never be fair, it's your choice to chase someone halfway across the map for a measly 9k at best. and spend twice that to put the bounty on them, it's a risk that you take. You fail to realize that a vast majority of bounty putters are griefers as well as hunters. The bounty system was designed to get someone back or get them off your ass at the expense of others greed. Forcing someone to quit the session cause they don't want to die seems to be right on target. Bounty hunting will never get you good money, medical costs make people hide.

Im not referring to people who have offered a suggestion, im referring to the people who think its awesome and great who dont want it changed and dont understand how its a broken system when there is a 100% chance that the person with the bounty on their head can escape and keep the money.  At the very least if he quits the session or hides in his apartment he should get nothing.  It makes much more sense that he should be stuck in the session unless he dies or pays a fee to leave like you have to do if you want to join a mission and have wanted stars. either you wait your time, outrun the cops and then join, or you pay to get them removed instantly.  I dont have to pay money to get him to leave the session, I can just votekick him out for free.  The point of the bounty is so that either he survives because he has some skill or he dies.  If they dont change it at all they might as well completely remove it.  Im not saying he should be stuck in the session for 48 minutes unable to leave, thats just as ridiculous, obviously there are real life considerations to take into effect.  Im not saying my idea is perfect either and that it must be this way, Im just saying if you dont like my idea, offer your own or tell me whats wrong with mine.  Its quite possible I overlooked something that would make my idea just as broken as it currently is, dont be a moronic ass hat and say its perfect, cause its not, its not difficult to see that unless your shoe size is larger than your IQ.  Open your mind to the possibilities.  If you dont think its broken right now then you arent mature or smart enough to understand the hows or whys of it and I cant really help you further I guess.  If you do see the problem with it and understand how its broken, offer a solution.  its just a discussion, im not rockstar, my word isnt law, im just throwing out ideas trying to make the game better and fix some of the obvious bugs.

On the ps3 you can go to the "players met" list, find the name of the person and choose to join his current session. (I used to do that all the time on RDR when I found a griefer lol)

I haven't been able to find a way to do it on xbox though

cool, thanks man, I dont game on ps3 except this game so I dont know all the tricks about them that most of you probably use all the time.

• RDR-Detox likes this

Setrakus
  • Setrakus

The Strategist.

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

I actually agree. Imagine that.

But yeah, I usually just send them a "Pussy." message after they leave, but somehow penalizing them, like adding 1000 to the bounty everytime they did it, would be good.

I could see kids leaving over and over, racking up 200k bounties eventually only to have their little friends kills them and split the cash :/

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

They should remove the npc placing a bounty on you for stealing a car entirely.  What's the point?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

But yeah, I usually just send them a "Pussy." message after they leave, but somehow penalizing them, like adding 1000 to the bounty everytime they did it, would be good.

I could see kids leaving over and over, racking up 200k bounties eventually only to have their little friends kills them and split the cash :/

I dont think you understand how bugged this game is, people arent supposed to have that much money and be lvl 200 yet, money was intended to be much harder to get than it is if you farm or glitch and cheat.  when they fix the game i think player bounties will be much more rare or stay at low amounts because when its harder to get money, then money is worth something and asshats arent gonna waste it cause they wont have any if they are asshats all the time, they will have to spend more time playing the game correctly in order to get money and will have much less free time and money to waste griefing people. In its current state with money being virtually worthless and easy to get I can see some people abusing it, but maybe they can put a limit on how much it can be and how often one can be placed on you, there are so many ideas and ways to fix it that I cant believe you guys cant think of any, lol!

They should remove the npc placing a bounty on you for stealing a car entirely.  What's the point?

I think its kinda bugged, seems to happen way too often in my opinion.  I see how it would be very cool once in a while but way too often is annoying and not fun at all, however there is an easy fix, when you steal the car kill the driver, no more bounty.  

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:51 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 13 October 2013 - 08:52 AM.

I want them to be unable to enter a Property... a few days ago I put a $10 000 bounty on a person (why $10k, you ask? Because I had money for that and I wanted to see would anyone go after him. Yeah, it was my money, but I wouldn't care that much if he didn't go into a Property.) and he just went chilling into a Garage.

RDR-Detox
  • RDR-Detox

lllNamelesslll

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

I want them to be unable to enter a Property... a few days ago I put a $10 000 bounty on a person (why $10k, you ask? Because I had money for that and I wanted to see would anyone go after him. Yeah, it was my money, but I wouldn't care that much if he didn't go into a Property.) and he just went chilling into a Garage.

Yup.

That makes the bounties completely pointless.

The first few of times I saw someone had a bounty, I did go after them, but the majority of the time I would end up at an apartment or a garage with no way to get to them (After a while I just started ignoring it completely)

Monkeybiscuit
  • Monkeybiscuit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

That doesn't penalize them, it just encourages them to get their friends to kill them and split the money.

Make the bounty reset it's timer to 0 and begin counting again when the player relogs.

Also, they need to make it so you cant run out a bounty sitting in your apartment.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Yup.

That makes the bounties completely pointless.

The first few of times I saw someone had a bounty, I did go after them, but the majority of the time I would end up at an apartment or a garage with no way to get to them (After a while I just started ignoring it completely)

Yea I dont understand how even the dumbest little kid cant understand that concept, they must all just be trolls, lol!

Kouhia
  • Kouhia

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

That doesn't penalize them, it just encourages them to get their friends to kill them and split the money.

Make the bounty reset it's timer to 0 and begin counting again when the player relogs.

Also, they need to make it so you cant run out a bounty sitting in your apartment.

and maybe if you change session you cant have the bounty money to yourself when timer runs out

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

So people can get $50k on their head, and then go into an "invite only session", wait for 48 minutes and then get the 50k.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users