Photo

Petition to Penalize Bounty Session Hoppers

146 replies to this topic
bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

The bounty shouldnt cross over to the next session the guy is in.

It should work like the mercenary squad. If they leave then it should get refunded to the person who placed it.

if it was like that then bounties would mean nothing oh I have one ill just switch and it would be taken off

KoolJohn
  • KoolJohn

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:05 AM Edited by KoolJohn, 13 October 2013 - 05:05 AM.

I also don't understand why OP needs to email rockstar support when his brothers father is the head of marketing there allegedly.

You misread that, He's actually his father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

Yep, it's annoying as hell. Same with bounties that hide inside apartments.

To be honest, though, getting a bounty placed on you by stealing a random NPC's car is even more annoying. Like f*ck, how the hell do all of you people know Lester??? That crap is ridiculous. I've jacked a car, run over the driver multiple times, then received the, "watch out, you're dead" text while the driver's dead body is laying on the ground right next to me. Come on, R*, you can do better than that.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

I also don't understand why OP needs to email rockstar support when his brothers father is the head of marketing there allegedly.

You misread that, He's actually his father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Either way OP is the guy who took a list of everyone exploiting and directly called rockstar developers that he's friends with so I don't see why he's sending in tech support tickets and starting petitions when he has direct access

• ThePeskyCrow likes this

KoolJohn
  • KoolJohn

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

Either way OP is the guy who took a list of everyone exploiting and directly called rockstar developers that he's friends with so I don't see why he's sending in tech support tickets and starting petitions when he has direct access

Perhaps you caught them in a lie. 

Then again, You know what they say!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AduH3WIdq8g

Akinhenwa
  • Akinhenwa

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

Okay so Im getting f*cking sick of going after a high bounty, speeding across the desert and then have the asshole just leave. 

Not only have i chased the bounty to the other session he was in , but as soon as he saw me going after him again ,he left to another session.

This is getting ridiculous, people need to be penalized for hopping sessions when you have a bounty on you. Its annoying as hell.

Ive emailed rockstar and they told me they need to hear the community as a whole so if you agree or have another suggstion for People with bountys that leave session after session please comment.

The bounty shouldnt cross over to the next session the guy is in.

It should work like the mercenary squad. If they leave then it should get refunded to the person who placed it.

Except that's not what this thread is about. You want to penalize people who go to a new session with a bounty.

Suppose I try to join a session with a friend, But it says there's currently no room, or perhaps he's in a mission. It then puts me in a random session. If while waiting there some f*ckwad decides to put a bounty on me, Then I go and join my friend like I was trying to do.

Suddenly I should be penalized for a cheap bounty another player put on me over nothing? No. 

Yea i dont know how to make it more clear, want me to make it bigger?

Nah, I'd rather you just leave the forum, As you're the one who bitches about everything. I figured since this is your thread I'll just pretend to be you.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

If I have a bounty on me it doesn't bother me, I Mostly play in an Invite only session anyways, and I Don't care if someone comes after me. I'll be ready to fight.

I Think if a player puts a bounty on another play, they cannot leave that current session for awhile, if they crash or leave the game then there bounty time is reset. This should only be if a player puts a bounty on someone.

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

If I have a bounty on me it doesn't bother me, I Mostly play in an Invite only session anyways, and I Don't care if someone comes after me. I'll be ready to fight.

I Think if a player puts a bounty on another play, they cannot leave that current session for awhile, if they crash or leave the game then there bounty time is reset. This should only be if a player puts a bounty on someone.

Yea i was thinking something similar. Obviously NPC bountys should just carry over to sessions.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

I agree with ya, its pretty lame they can go sit in a solo session and time out and keep the money, they should not be able to do that at all.  I think they should be locked in the session they are in until the bounty expires or they die.  What is it, 24 minutes?  If they leave or or quit then they should have to pay the bounty price back to whoever put it on them plus that person should get their original bounty back so essentially they get double if he quits but then people would cheat exploit that, not sure how to solve that problem, and if it was an NPC then im not sure what should happen, 

I have a question though, how do you follow them to the next session, I didnt know you could do that, thats pretty cool!  maybe they should only get two jumps before they are locked or something in that case.  I thought they were gone forever once the switched.

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

I heard you could just kill your self and get the money have not tried that

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

I agree... They should not let the player leave until his bounty is collected or something.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

I agree... They should not let the player leave until his bounty is collected or something

So if some guy puts a bounty on you for 1000 because he's bored, and you were right about to join friends in a session, you should be penalized?

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

I agree... They should not let the player leave until his bounty is collected or something

So if some guy puts a bounty on you for 1000 because he's bored, and you were right about to join friends in a session, you should be penalized?

Just a suggestion... Or they can have an option to follow the person that has a bounty to anther lobby, IDK.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

The bountie are only small change, if you follow someone for more than 10 minutes on a 9k bounty you have already lost.

balmung03
  • balmung03

bawlz in the baygz

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

The evil part of me in the back of my mind almost wants to join a lobby, place a 1k bounty on everyone, and then go to my apartment and watch it in spectator mode.

But I agree with the idea that the bounty amount should be refunded to the player who set it if the player leaves the game.  If the player who set it leaves, though, no reason why it shouldn't stand.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

The evil part of me in the back of my mind almost wants to join a lobby, place a 1k bounty on everyone, and then go to my apartment and watch it in spectator mode.

But I agree with the idea that the bounty amount should be refunded to the player who set it if the player leaves the game.  If the player who set it leaves, though, no reason why it shouldn't stand.

Great idea, I needed something to entertain myself just now!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:39 AM Edited by sultangris, 13 October 2013 - 05:40 AM.

yea, you should have to pay 1000 or die to be able to leave.  A bounty was placed on you for a reason, even if that reason is someone is just an asshole and is bored.  You shouldnt be able to just get away with no penalty or they might as well remove bounties completely, and I think they are a very cool idea, just broken.  Id love to put 10K or even 50K bounties on players who are pissing me off, but im not about to waste my money when they can just go sit in their apartment or switch to a solo session and get it themselves.  If they hid in the apartment the timer should stop, it should only count down if they are in the free roam world susceptible to attack, or else give you the ability to break into their apartment and kill them if they have a bounty.  Its totally stupid they can so easily avoid it and get the money themselves.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

yea, you should have to pay 1000 or die to be able to leave.  A bounty was placed on you for a reason, even if that reason is someone is just an asshole and is bored.  You shouldnt be able to just get away with no penalty or they might as well remove bounties completely, and I think they are a very cool idea, just broken.  Id love to put 10K or even 50K bounties on players who are pissing me off, but im not about to waste my money when they can just go sit in their apartment or switch to a solo session and get it themselves.  If they hid in the apartment the timer should stop, it should only count down if they are in the free roam world susceptible to attack, or else give you the ability to break into their apartment and kill them if they have a bounty.  Its totally stupid they can so easily avoid it and get the money themselves.

So we should be able to lock people into servers where they are being griefed, by putting a 1k bounty on them.

• ThePeskyCrow likes this

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

I actually agree. Imagine that.

But yeah, I usually just send them a "Pussy." message after they leave, but somehow penalizing them, like adding 1000 to the bounty everytime they did it, would be good.

This would be turned into a money making scheme. You just keep going from session to session racking up money, then when you hit the cap you just go to private session or hide in your safe house and you've just made bank.

This is why when I set bounties on people I keep it low so they have the choice of waiting 48 minutes to collect chump change or risk being shot in free roam.

ThePeskyCrow
  • ThePeskyCrow

:v

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

This Is Going Nowhere Fast :< If People With Bounties Leave They Eventually Get Killed Or Collect Is It Really That Bothersome? :O Yea It Sucks But Alot Of Stuff Does Like Ramming In Racing But Hey It Happens.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:45 AM Edited by sultangris, 13 October 2013 - 05:47 AM.

So we should be able to lock people into servers where they are being griefed, by putting a 1k bounty on them.

well you arent really locked unless you hide in your apartment like a little bitch.  You can either pay the price of the bounty yourself or die to remove it and then you can leave.  It costs 2k to die so id rather pay the 1K personally, but whatever!  Its pretty f*cking pointless to place a bounty on some dickwad that pissed you off when they can just leave or sit in their apartment until they time out and get your money, dont you agree? I dont really think to many idiots are gonna spend money putting a bounty on you just so they can keep you from leaving the server until they kill you one more time.  makes no sense.  just leave as soon as you die, you will be able to leave way faster than they can call lester and place another bounty, and besides, paying to kill someone is way more work than just going to find someone else to kill.  I dont see how it would really be a problem at all, unless you dont have 1K, lol!

EDIT:  Or maybe let you join a mission session but have to return to that same session free roam after it or something, I dont know, theres a million possibilities and some will have problems just like the current system, its not easy perfecting a game of this magnitude, thats why its so buggy and f*cked up, lol!  But at any rate the current implementation of the system sucks balls and needs to be changed.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

I agree that bounties set by players should be returned if the player leaves the session, other than that i dont really care what happens when people leave

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rebel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

screw that someone can place bountys on people for fun. i joined a lobby earlier and ten seconds in the match a bounty was on me for 5 grand and i didint do sh*t. and everyone comes after me its annoying. i shouldent have to be penalized because some stupid troll puts a bounty on me for fun. greed is a stupid motivator. and when people do that and try to kill me i kill them and i think these people are stupid they want to risk there lives for blood money. they should not have had bountys it is so stupid. any troll can do it. and i got so tired of being chased i gave up its pathetic.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

well you arent really locked unless you hide in your apartment like a little bitch.  You can either pay the price of the bounty yourself or die to remove it and then you can leave.  It costs 2k to die so id rather pay the 1K personally, but whatever!  Its pretty f*cking pointless to place a bounty on some dickwad that pissed you off when they can just leave or sit in their apartment until they time out and get your money, dont you agree? I dont really think to many idiots are gonna spend money putting a bounty on you just so they can keep you from leaving the server until they kill you one more time.  makes no sense.  just leave as soon as you die, you will be able to leave way faster than they can call lester and place another bounty, and besides, paying to kill someone is way more work than just going to find someone else to kill.  I dont see how it would really be a problem at all, unless you dont have 1K, lol!

Its pretty pointless to follow someone for 30 minutes and kill them over and over again, seen it happen plenty of times mate. When you design these systems you need to think of the lowest common denominator, the people who will abuse the hell out of it and have no maturity or decorum and this idea, while a good one in theory, would not work because of the obvious abuse I just pointed out.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

I agree with ya, its pretty lame they can go sit in a solo session and time out and keep the money, they should not be able to do that at all.  I think they should be locked in the session they are in until the bounty expires or they die.  What is it, 24 minutes?  If they leave or or quit then they should have to pay the bounty price back to whoever put it on them plus that person should get their original bounty back so essentially they get double if he quits but then people would cheat exploit that, not sure how to solve that problem, and if it was an NPC then im not sure what should happen, 

I have a question though, how do you follow them to the next session, I didnt know you could do that, thats pretty cool!  maybe they should only get two jumps before they are locked or something in that case.  I thought they were gone forever once the switched.

I Agree, If I'm in a public free roam with others and a player puts a bounty on me or even an NPC I should not be able to Leave to an Invite only Session, even my apartment shouldn't be safe. This way there is the thrill of no safe place to hide except fight or flight.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

Yep, it's annoying as hell. Same with bounties that hide inside apartments.

If it annoys you it's a win for me.

I'm doing this ASAP.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Its pretty pointless to follow someone for 30 minutes and kill them over and over again, seen it happen plenty of times mate. When you design these systems you need to think of the lowest common denominator, the people who will abuse the hell out of it and have no maturity or decorum and this idea, while a good one in theory, would not work because of the obvious abuse I just pointed out.

hey i agree but there are some pretty dumb little kids playing this game that arent smart or mature enough to play it correctly, they think its a gta 4 run around shoot people and thats the main point of this game.  They either dont know or dont care about playing it correctly.  They wont be much of a problem once rockstar fixes the game cause they wont have any money when all the exploits are fixed and they wont even be able to buy ammo to kill you with unless they play it right and then things will change drastically, trust me.  The whole game is totally broken and a huge clusterf*ck right now but this is not how they intended it to be and it will be changing after the next patch or two.  I think the bounty is cool as sh*t idea but clearly it needs tweaking, I dont want to see it removed, and I dont want to see sh*twankers I put bounties on to be able to sit in their apartment or go to a solo session and keep my money, I want him dead!  

No idiot moron griefer is gonna spend any serious money to keep you around the server to kill you, and like i said previously it would only work once anyway, as soon as you die the bounty is gone and its faster to switch sessions than it is to place a new bounty so then you can leave!  Or if they do as I suggest and let you just pay it without dying then just pay it and leave, if you dont have an extra 1K lying around to clear a bounty then perhaps you shouldnt be playing this game because you clearly arent doing it right either, lol!  Go rob a store and bam, good to go, or quit being a little pussy and learn how to aim and shoot the people who are chasing you first, its really not that hard.  No one griefs me for very long cause I kill them over half the time and then it quickly becomes not fun.  They only bother people who dont fight back because the are weak and skill less little kids who cannot compete with skilled players.  They are very easy to kill in my experience and Im not even that great at aiming with console games cause Im a pc gamer and this is the only one i play.  Man up and shoot back, thats really your easiest solution and will fix your problem quick.  If you cant shoot worth a sh*t then join a crew and have them help you.  Otherwise maybe you should just quit playing and come back after the next patch and see if they fixed anything.  When the new COD game is released Nov 5 I bet the amount of dumbasses playing this game will drop drastically, more than half probably and then it will be much more pleasant for the rest of us normal players.  Those are really your only options, crying does nothing and they are never going to make it so you are 100 percent safe.  This is an online multiplayer GTA game, while not the same as previous gta games they cant completely remove every element of GTA.  Theve already butchered it enough.  Im 100 percent serious though, Ive played a lot and there are not greifers in every session, some are really cool people and we have lots of fun and most have people that leave you alone.  Ive only really been bothered in 25% of servers Ive been on but I do spend lots of time in mission sessions playing the game and if you listen to the voice chat you can usually tell pretty easy if they are having fun or if theres some moron killing people.  Its more and more common for everyone to gang up on the griefer till he leaves cause everyone is getting sick of it now.  And even in sessions with griefers they leave pretty fast when you start killing them, so either switch sessions or play invite only with your friends or shoot them back or quit playing.  Currently those are your only options you have available until we see what the next patch does. 

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

The way I look at it, it's part of bounty hunting.   If your mark sees you coming several minutes before you're there, they're going to run.

You can't  just complain until the game mechanics only allow for people to play the game the way you want them to play.

FloatinWalrus
  • FloatinWalrus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

Life happens.

you saying rockstar should penalize people because they have to stop playing and you dont?

now if they do what ive been doing maybe.

get bounty, lure people far out, start a mission, drive back to city, quit mission, repeat

Thats the problem, theyre leaving because of the bounty itself. Ive followed players to almost 3 -4 sessions 1 right after the other. Theres no point in having bountys if people are just going to leave as soon as they see someone on their ass. 

so then stop wasting 30 minutes to go after a 7000 dollar bounty.  Bounties dont pay sh*t to be worth it.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

The way I look at it, it's part of bounty hunting.   If your mark sees you coming several minutes before you're there, they're going to run.

You can't  just complain until the game mechanics only allow for people to play the game the way you want them to play.

true, but that goes both ways, whats the point if you know hes just gonna leave the server and get your money? makes it pointless to even put a bounty cause not many people are gonna stick around to die if they can run to a solo session and get the money themselves.  It has to be balanced so they have the possibility to survive and keep your money, but its not fun if they get away 100% every time, and its not fun if they die 100% every time either, balance is key.  Its really not that hard to outrun bounty hunters unless youre a noob or there are 15 people after you and you have no crewmates to help you.  This is a coop game, most people have a hard time grasping that concept.  Join a crew an roll around in 4 door cars with 4 people, you wont be f*cked with near as much, trust me!  at least not until the griefers get smart enough to team up, then if youve played the game right and unlocked some sh*t you can just call merryweather helicopter backup or a strike team to come kill them, haha!  The only people having problems are the people who have no imagination and are trying to play it like gta 4.  buzzards and planes spawn at the airfield by trevors house, go get in one and fly around, or hop on the train if you have a bounty. Im not sure where it is but i heard people talking about driving the sub around under water, go find that, or scuba gear, they will have a much harder time getting you then.  You gotta play the game, if you want to be 100% safe then go play single player.  You gotta kill 200 players to unlock some of the gun tints at ammunation, they are not ever gonna remove the ability to kill players from this game so either learn to play or quit playing.  There is auto aim on by default for f*cks sake, its really not even that hard for a complete and total noobsack to kill people.  Use combat pistol if you have it, lock on and pull down slightly and shoot, boom, headshot every time once you get used to it.  Go play some missions and shoot NPCs to figure it out, griefers wont bother you anymore.  I was pretty pissed the first few times it happened to me, but now I kill them with ease, plus I have a crew I play with alot so most of the time they wont even bother ya, they are looking for that one single dot all by his lonesome cause they are sh*tty players and they want easy targets.  Man up bitches, buy some ammo, You can do it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users