Photo

Petition to Penalize Bounty Session Hoppers

146 replies to this topic
Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

Okay so Im getting f*cking sick of going after a high bounty, speeding across the desert and then have the asshole just leave. 

Not only have i chased the bounty to the other session he was in , but as soon as he saw me going after him again ,he left to another session.

This is getting ridiculous, people need to be penalized for hopping sessions when you have a bounty on you. Its annoying as hell.

Ive emailed rockstar and they told me they need to hear the community as a whole so if you agree or have another suggstion for People with bountys that leave session after session please comment.

KoolJohn
  • KoolJohn

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

Who gives a sh*t?

• GamerPatriot and wallpaper42 like this

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by GTALegion, 13 October 2013 - 09:10 AM.

I actually agree. Imagine that.

But yeah, I usually just send them a "Pussy." message after they leave, but somehow penalizing them, like adding 1000 to the bounty everytime they did it, would be good.

EDIT: Thank you to the 6 million people that pointed out how this could be exploited. I was just spitballing here. Please stop telling me how horribly wrong and stupid I am, thanks.

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

Life happens.

you saying rockstar should penalize people because they have to stop playing and you dont?

now if they do what ive been doing maybe.

get bounty, lure people far out, start a mission, drive back to city, quit mission, repeat

LosoNYC
  • LosoNYC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

Boo hoo. I love having the entire lobby chasing after me only for me to leave & piss everybody off.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:47 AM Edited by Mr Walker, 13 October 2013 - 04:47 AM.

I do this occasionally.  Did you enjoy your trip?  Have a nice drive?  I enjoy it immensely.

As for your complaint, can't be done.  What, so I jack a car, get a bounty, and then am not allowed to go offline for the next 48 minutes to suit you?  Not allowed to join a mission/race/DM/survival?  I have a life.  Maybe I need to go offline to take a crap, or to wank off to your avatar.

Whatever it is, real life takes precedence over games.  Adults understand that.

• rexmaverik, BlueJosh, KoolJohn and 2 others like this

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:47 AM Edited by Corrupt King, 13 October 2013 - 04:47 AM.

When I have a bounty on me I camp on top of the apt building calling air strikes while I snipe
  • bostonsas and KoolJohn like this

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

Lmao...the things some of you whine about is absolutely astounding. 

Believe it or not, but no one is forcing you to chase after the guy. No one is forcing you to continuously follow him into new sessions. I would suggest re-evaluating your life if the bounty amount means that much to you.

• Ethereal_NYC, KoolJohn, JBlastinGame and 1 other like this

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

Life happens.

you saying rockstar should penalize people because they have to stop playing and you dont?

get bounty, lure people far out, start a mission, drive back to city, quit mission, repeat

Thats the problem, theyre leaving because of the bounty itself. Ive followed players to almost 3 -4 sessions 1 right after the other. Theres no point in having bountys if people are just going to leave as soon as they see someone on their ass. 

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

But yeah, I usually just send them a "Pussy." message after they leave, but somehow penalizing them, like adding 1000 to the bounty everytime they did it, would be good.

That just adds to the reward when their friend finally gets online

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

Believe it or not, but no one is forcing you to chase after the guy. No one is forcing you to continuously follow him into new sessions. I would suggest re-evaluating your life if the bounty amount means that much to you.

Yet everyone bitches about griefers so how on earth are we suppose to differentiate whats more important?

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

Hell yeah, let's go with that idea.

I'll leave servers like, 50 times. Then after it racks up to 50k, I'll stay in my apartment to claim it for myself. 

Found the flaw already.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:49 AM Edited by theadmiral, 13 October 2013 - 04:50 AM.

Okay so Im getting f*cking sick of going after a high bounty, speeding across the desert and then have the asshole just leave. 

Not only have i chased the bounty to the other session he was in , but as soon as he saw me going after him again ,he left to another session.

This is getting ridiculous, people need to be penalized for hopping sessions when you have a bounty on you. Its annoying as hell.

Ive emailed rockstar and they told me they need to hear the community as a whole so if you agree or have another suggstion for People with bountys that leave session after session please comment.

I'll sign this petition because I know you know the developers over there and that this will get going. +1

However, I think it is unfair to punish people and not let them switch games because some noob put a bounty on them for whatever reason.

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

Yet everyone bitches about griefers so how on earth are we suppose to differentiate whats more important?

Griefers are completely different. If you can't differentiate the two, I don't know what to tell you. Like I said, no one is forcing you to go after him and constantly jump sessions with him. 

• Daniel_B likes this

ZeroDemon
  • ZeroDemon

Zero420

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

Life happens.

Thats the problem, theyre leaving because of the bounty itself. Ive followed players to almost 3 -4 sessions 1 right after the other. Theres no point in having bountys if people are just going to leave as soon as they see someone on their ass. 

Won't fix a damn thing. When i have a bounty i'll chill in front of my garage in my entity xf and right when they get near i go inside and call merry whether with a muggar and whatever else i can get and just watch it all on my tv. Then after a bit leave the session and go into a race. sh*t happens when trolls place bounties on you for 1k and every sh*thead in the lobby thinks a 1k bounty is gonna make them rich. i troll bounty hunters that look for me. or i call a helicopter pickup and airstrike anyone who comes after me with a sniper like the guy before said. Welcome to the internet.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

At the very least, I think if they leave, the person who posted the bounty should get their money back.

Currently, you can simply swap over to an empty lobby and wait the bounty out. Easiest money you'll ever make. But the person who put a bounty of you, who tried to provide incentive to attack you, simply wasted it - as even THEY didn't get the chance to kill the bountied person.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Hell yeah, let's go with that idea.

I'll leave servers like, 50 times. Then after it racks up to 50k, I'll stay in my apartment to claim it for myself. 

Found the flaw already.

Or spend a whole day doing it, get it to $500K, then invite only session with a friend, split the money.

Thanks R*!

• SideburnGuru likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Griefer's mind: Let me put a 1000 bounty on some random guy for no reason so he cant switch servers without being labeled a bad sport

• Timely likes this

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

The bounty shouldnt cross over to the next session the guy is in.

It should work like the mercenary squad. If they leave then it should get refunded to the person who placed it.

ZeroDemon
  • ZeroDemon

Zero420

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Griefer's mind: Let me put a 1000 bounty on some random guy for no reason so he cant switch servers without being labeled a bad sport

They already do this sh*t with cheap 1000 bounties. Oh your car is better? 1k Bounty! Nice Apartment? 1k Bounty! Just Joined? 1k Bounty! that idea would backfire so fast.

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

bounty should not count down when in an owned building(not just your own)/invulnerable through purchasing car parts or hair styles etc.
and definately shouldnt count down in a solo session

if bounty placed by an NPC, you should be able to play with friends but timer only counts down if there are pother people.
if a random put it on you, it should only count down in public lobbies with people present

Akinhenwa
  • Akinhenwa

Snitch

• BUSTED!

I agreed with this thread until I saw that it was posted by you. And players still keep their bounties when they hop sessions.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

It should work like the mercenary squad. If they leave then it should get refunded to the person who placed it.

Why? You take a chance with even putting it on said person in the first place. I think the carry over system is better, somewhat. 

I think it's a good lesson, you're taking a chance. Since you're too lazy to do the damn job yourself, you're taking the risk if anyone kills that person or not. 

• Timely likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

I also don't understand why OP needs to email rockstar support when his brothers father is the head of marketing there allegedly.

• KoolJohn and Akinhenwa like this

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

Better yet, dont let the recipient of the bounty know theyre being hunted :D

LosoNYC
  • LosoNYC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:57 AM Edited by LosoNYC, 13 October 2013 - 04:58 AM.

Setting bounties is useless to me anyways. I'm not satisfied until I kill the person myself.

• SideburnGuru and ThePeskyCrow like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

Setting bounties is useless to me anyways. I'm not satisfied until I kill the person myself.

This. 

This is how it's supposed to be done. 

KoolJohn
  • KoolJohn

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

Except that's not what this thread is about. You want to penalize people who go to a new session with a bounty.

Suppose I try to join a session with a friend, But it says there's currently no room, or perhaps he's in a mission. It then puts me in a random session. If while waiting there some f*ckwad decides to put a bounty on me, Then I go and join my friend like I was trying to do.

Suddenly I should be penalized for a cheap bounty another player put on me over nothing? No. 

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

Except that's not what this thread is about. You want to penalize people who go to a new session with a bounty.

Suppose I try to join a session with a friend, But it says there's currently no room, or perhaps he's in a mission. It then puts me in a random session. If while waiting there some f*ckwad decides to put a bounty on me, Then I go and join my friend like I was trying to do.

Suddenly I should be penalized for a cheap bounty another player put on me over nothing? No. 

Yea i dont know how to make it more clear, want me to make it bigger?

KoolJohn
  • KoolJohn

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

Yea i dont know how to make it more clear, want me to make it bigger?

Nah, I'd rather you just leave the forum, As you're the one who bitches about everything. I figured since this is your thread I'll just pretend to be you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users