» «
Photo

Why GTA V isn't GTA V

25 replies to this topic
Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:37 AM Edited by Jameson312, 13 October 2013 - 03:43 AM.

The title of the game is "Grand Theft Auto", but you can't steal someone's personal vehicle if they lock their doors? Because that always stops a car thief...and if you do manage to steal one, they can make you exit their vehicle while you're driving it? k....

I can never find people to connect with to do deathmatches, or pretty much any activity really, until I just switched to auto-aim.....what is the point of an aim-based competition when the computer does the aiming for you?

Then they give you RPG's, grenade launchers, sticky bombs, and a mini-gun.....except if you use them you basically get banned from the game. If anyone has played basically ANY other GTA game.....I mean what the f*ck were they thinking?

These can't possibly be the same people that made the ps2 era games. Or even GTA IV for that matter. This game is so ass-backwards about it's intentions, I mean what the f*ck are you even supposed to do online? Co-op is fun once in a while, but I'd like to think that most people want to actually compete against other players.

Someone tries to run you over with their car, and if you blow them up (with the RPG's, grenade launcher, or sticky bombs they give you) then you get banned from the game. There is no seperation from co-op and pvp players, there is the normal server, and the time-out server. It's not like these are things they overlooked, they obviously thought pretty hard about it....So what the f*ck happened?

• KyoukoToshinou likes this

cksiz
  • cksiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

GTA 7

Evo9Martinez
  • Evo9Martinez

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Amen, back to FIFA14 I go

rexmaverik
  • rexmaverik

Career Gamer/NO BS

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

The title of the game is "Grand Theft Auto", but you can't steal someone's personal vehicle if they lock their doors? Because that always stops a car thief...and if you do manage to steal one, they can make you exit their vehicle while you're driving it? k....

I can never find people to connect with to do deathmatches, or pretty much any activity really, until I just switched to auto-aim.....what is the point of an aim-based competition when the computer does the aiming for you?

Then they give you RPG's, grenade launchers, sticky bombs, and a mini-gun.....except if you use them you basically get banned from the game. If anyone has played basically ANY other GTA game.....I mean what the f*ck were they thinking?

These can't possibly be the same people that made the ps2 era games. Or even GTA IV for that matter. This game is so ass-backwards about it's intentions, I mean what the f*ck are you even supposed to do online? Co-op is fun once in a while, but I'd like to think that most people want to actually compete against other players.

Someone tries to run you over with their car, and if you blow them up (with the RPG's, grenade launcher, or sticky bombs they give you) then you get banned from the game. There is no seperation from co-op and pvp players, there is the normal server, and the time-out server. It's not like these are things they overlooked, they obviously thought pretty hard about it....So what the f*ck happened?

Clearly there are some issues, but give credit whre credit due. This was a HUGE project. With content scheduled until the next GTA. Which could be 2-3 yrs from now. Think of this as an MMO, has its issues and its potential. NOw yes there should be a "mayhem" server, a PvP server, and an MP server. They may come. I believe they rushed the online portion. It launched 10 days after the retail release. They weren't ready. But from a business stand-point, they had to guarantee ppl would be playing it. They are compensating you for the MP issues right now and still working on more content. 

This SH!T is like novacaine...it takes time.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

cheese2.jpg

Just some cheese for your whine. Enjoy.

• GamerPatriot, MrNoir, SpaceRobot and 1 other like this

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by SpaceRobot, 13 October 2013 - 03:55 AM.

Really? I could swear that the game that I bought was GTA V

Edit: Confirmed, just checked. It is GTA V.

• GTALegion likes this

Akinhenwa
  • Akinhenwa

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

Clearly there are some issues, but give credit whre credit due. This was a HUGE project. With content scheduled until the next GTA. Which could be 2-3 yrs from now. Think of this as an MMO, has its issues and its potential. NOw yes there should be a "mayhem" server, a PvP server, and an MP server. They may come. I believe they rushed the online portion. It launched 10 days after the retail release. They weren't ready. But from a business stand-point, they had to guarantee ppl would be playing it. They are compensating you for the MP issues right now and still working on more content. 

GTA Online came out Oct 1. GTA V came out Sept 17 I believe. Not 10 days.

rexmaverik
  • rexmaverik

Career Gamer/NO BS

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

Even so, give em some credit. Ok...so I'm being optimistic here. I don't anything worth playing except this, so I'm being hopeful.

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

Because having some retard pop up out of nowhere, kill you and steal your vehicle to ditch it in the ocean or hold it hostage is not engaging or fun, it's just annoying griefing. There are tons of other cars in the game, why would you want to steal a players car?

Analog stick aiming is f*cking horrendous in third person with GTA physics. If the camera moved a bit faster and the cross hair stayed at all times when a gun was equipped you could make an argument.

Because all you're doing with them is griefing other players and being irritating. GTA Online has an actual direction with a drive to succeed and progress in the game so when you impede on other players progress with a constant 2-5k medical bill by spawn camping them with an RPG and blowing their car up with sticky bombs there is a consequence to it.

If you're so keen on that kind of gameplay why not just play on a bad sport server? Plenty people who enjoy the same things as yourself in the game there.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Stop expecting too much.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

Because having some retard pop up out of nowhere, kill you and steal your vehicle to ditch it in the ocean or hold it hostage is not engaging or fun, it's just annoying griefing. There are tons of other cars in the game, why would you want to steal a players car?

I disagree. When someone takes your ride, there is a revenge factor involved, and I always enjoy hunting them down. If they destroy it, it respawns, and they can pay the damages. Players drive nice cars, they are all modded out and sh*t, a better question would be why wouldn't I want to steal a players' car? You are getting no where with that point.

Analog stick aiming is f*cking horrendous in third person with GTA physics. If the camera moved a bit faster and the cross hair stayed at all times when a gun was equipped you could make an argument.

No, it really isn't. There is a learning curve involved. You can adjust the aim sensitivity, and you can also adjust where your cross hair will pop up with the analog....it's just another learning curve.

Because all you're doing with them is griefing other players and being irritating. GTA Online has an actual direction with a drive to succeed and progress in the game so when you impede on other players progress with a constant 2-5k medical bill by spawn camping them with an RPG and blowing their car up with sticky bombs there is a consequence to it.

If you're so keen on that kind of gameplay why not just play on a bad sport server? Plenty people who enjoy the same things as yourself in the game there.

Here's the thing. Griefing does not exist in Grand Theft Auto. It's a game that literally revolves around crime. And far as I can tell, their direction is failing. You act like they needed to have 2-5k medical bills....they don't. When someone is using their car as a weapon, which everyone does, I'm going to blow up your f*cking car. You obviously don't know sh*t about these games. And I really would play on the "bad sport" server, if it was a viable option. But it isn't.

I don't know where the f*ck this term "griefing" came from, but you seem to hear it a lot these days, and it makes me want to punch a baby. Video games are about competition. You act like there aren't other avenues to stopping players from blowing up your car or spawn killing you every 5 seconds. And if you die a lot, then you are just bad, and you should try and get better, or play on a co-op server.

You can call me whiner, but in reality it's all of you whiny little bitches that ruined the game in the first place.

TheTelly
  • TheTelly

»\_(ツ)_/»

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

Grand Theft NOT Auto 5

tumblr_mefwvc7tjn1rxx2de.gif

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

No, it really isn't. There is a learning curve involved. You can adjust the aim sensitivity, and you can also adjust where your cross hair will pop up with the analog....it's just another learning curve.

No, take it from an old school gamer, analog stick aiming is always horrendous.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Co-op is fun once in a while, but I'd like to think that most people want to actually compete against other players.

There are Competitive Missions as well, such as Hippy Hunting, Crooked Cop etc

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Bad Sport Idea is simply a "Bad" Idea. Anyone stupid enough to have their car out in Free Roam with other strangers deserve their car getting destroyed.

Also so often people can Easily accidently get a "Bad Sport" flag by just doing what the game want's you to. But people in Races can purposely crash you and no flag. My car was destroyed before and I only have to pay $187 to get it back, of Course my car was never destroyed by a player.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:25 AM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 13 October 2013 - 08:26 AM.

shut up fanboy. you don't win noble awards for attempted science. nobody bought the game on release to wait a few years for it to be figured out and worth playing. right now the game is a clusterphuck. boosters, glitchers, hackers and little kids fill the lobbies.

the online is a grind of the same old missions over and over with little pay out. the push to make everything a micro transaction has ruined the game. I didn't buy grand theft auto to be a good boy and follow the rules. then the game donated my car to charity so I have no choice but to steal npc cars. which 9-10 times results in a $9000 bounty. then its let someone kill you or sit in your apartment for half the day until it goes away. of course the next mission means I have to steal another car and I get another bounty. I have a ten car garage full of cars and it still makes me walk because the game lost my first car.

don't fix the major screw ups in your game. focus on players being forced into buying your cash cards.

Kabuki777
  • Kabuki777

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

No, take it from an old school gamer, analog stick aiming is always horrendous.

This gen consoles or tv's all have some input lag, press the jump button you will see the char. react about half a second later. Yeah you can learn but go back and play some ps2 gta or shooters and you will see it wasn't like that.

mrbozzedup
  • mrbozzedup

Tryna Get out this Bullsh*t

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Well GTA online isnt GTA v so....

rexmaverik
  • rexmaverik

Career Gamer/NO BS

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

shut up fanboy. you don't win noble awards for attempted science. nobody bought the game on release to wait a few years for it to be figured out and worth playing. right now the game is a clusterphuck. boosters, glitchers, hackers and little kids fill the lobbies.

the online is a grind of the same old missions over and over with little pay out. the push to make everything a micro transaction has ruined the game. I didn't buy grand theft auto to be a good boy and follow the rules. then the game donated my car to charity so I have no choice but to steal npc cars. which 9-10 times results in a $9000 bounty. then its let someone kill you or sit in your apartment for half the day until it goes away. of course the next mission means I have to steal another car and I get another bounty. I have a ten car garage full of cars and it still makes me walk because the game lost my first car.

don't fix the major screw ups in your game. focus on players being forced into buying your cash cards.

Noble Awards..Phaggot. I'm a realist. I bought defiance(which started out as crap for MMO). And I played other PC MMO's that started out buggy. sh*t took time. And when they FINALLY figured it out, people still playing them...Right!! Glitches/Hacks/Spam...i get it. DONT PLAY IT. TRADE IT IN. GIVE IT AWAY. Those are you options. GTAO is god enough until something better comes out.

spidey1234
  • spidey1234

Everything happens for a reason.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Rockstar didn't expect it to work on release day. No other game has come this far, I mean seriously guys? I remember reading somewhere that this was planned since GTA 3, but this was a very big project. For all we know this might be it. No GTA 6, no sequel, nothing. Just GTA Online might be as close as we can get to GTA 6. So enjoy the f*cking game and you free $500,000 because Rockstar won't be making any goddamn progress with all your complaints floating around the internet.

goobface
  • goobface

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

anyone who defends the bad sport system is clearly f*cking retarded

Monkeybiscuit
  • Monkeybiscuit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

cheese2.jpg

Dont be a fanboy, nobody likes a fanboy.

If you need help, try coming up with some counterpoints to the guys post.

The problem is that you can't since everything he said is more or less correct.

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

I disagree. When someone takes your ride, there is a revenge factor involved, and I always enjoy hunting them down. If they destroy it, it respawns, and they can pay the damages. Players drive nice cars, they are all modded out and sh*t, a better question would be why wouldn't I want to steal a players' car? You are getting no where with that point.

Here's the thing. Griefing does not exist in Grand Theft Auto. It's a game that literally revolves around crime. And far as I can tell, their direction is failing. You act like they needed to have 2-5k medical bills....they don't. When someone is using their car as a weapon, which everyone does, I'm going to blow up your f*cking car. You obviously don't know sh*t about these games. And I really would play on the "bad sport" server, if it was a viable option. But it isn't.

I don't know where the f*ck this term "griefing" came from, but you seem to hear it a lot these days, and it makes me want to punch a baby. Video games are about competition. You act like there aren't other avenues to stopping players from blowing up your car or spawn killing you every 5 seconds. And if you die a lot, then you are just bad, and you should try and get better, or play on a co-op server.

You can call me whiner, but in reality it's all of you whiny little bitches that ruined the game in the first place.

Come on to any session I'm in, I'll kill you and blow your sh*t up all day

That make you feel better?

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

cheese2.jpg

I'm f*cking hungry now.

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hey OP, I hope R* finds a way to put you in a session with 15 other players who feel the same way you do...

wait for it...

MrNoir
  • MrNoir

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

This game should have come with a free pacifier.

• Verodox likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users