The co-pilot camera...

16 replies to this topic
Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

So if you didn't know already, the passenger of any helicopter (except cargobob) can activate a camera with night vision and a tracking system, but my question is fair people of the forums...what the hell does it do? Yes it has fancy night vision and it tracks people and they flash On the minimap, but apart from that nothing.

Does it inform police of someone's location? Or maybe comes into play with the whole cops and crooks we are yet to see.

ThePeskyCrow
  • ThePeskyCrow

:v

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

It Track Other Players? If So CREW BOUNTY HUNTING >:U RAWRGH!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

Its supposed to notify the pilot so he can shoot them, however Ive not used it much, not sure if it locks on them or just makes them flash, if it just flashes its pretty f*cking useless, I also find it hard to find people on it unless you are very close, everything is the same color and you cant even see cars unless you are flying very low.

gTaOXIC
  • gTaOXIC

Shock Troop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

I just want the spotlight to work..
  • theGTAking101, Demetri_FTO_1., NecroNeedle and 1 other like this

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:07 AM Edited by SpaceRobot, 13 October 2013 - 04:08 AM.

So if you didn't know already, the passenger of any helicopter (except cargobob) can activate a camera with night vision and a tracking system, but my question is fair people of the forums...what the hell does it do? Yes it has fancy night vision and it tracks people and they flash On the minimap, but apart from that nothing.

Does it inform police of someone's location? Or maybe comes into play with the whole cops and crooks we are yet to see.

From my experience with it tonight, it looks like all it does is spot players for the pilot to shoot. I'm not sure if it does it for the other passengers as well, as I only had two people in my helicopter at the time. A little notifier thing will pop up above the targeted player's head.

Edit: From what I can tell, it does not help the pilot lock on to anyone any easier.

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

Lame, maybe something to do with watching through apartment TVS? It got to have some bloody use, me and a friend did track some guy fleeing from police, but he couldn't get far enough away from the police line of sight.

Needs more investigation! Get someone to flee clear of police then use the spotter.

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Bump for the search for info

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

I think it's useless on the unarmed helis. On the buzzard the copilot can aim the missiles with it, quite useful, devastating against stationary or slow moving targets.
  • mo-seph likes this

Abed Nadir
  • Abed Nadir

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Have you not used it in SP?

• Khelandros likes this

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

Not Posting much atm due to life...

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Its quite simply something for the co pilot to mess about with.

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Cops and crooks.. what? Did I miss something?

Crazy_LlamaX
  • Crazy_LlamaX

The Night

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by Crazy_LlamaX, 13 October 2013 - 02:36 PM.

If you're copilot you can use that camera to fire missiles yourself. 

I should also mention this takes away the pilot's ability to fire missiles, though they can still fire the miniguns.

cplusJSB
  • cplusJSB

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

i tried co-pilotin night-vision ting in da buzzard & what im wonderin is what does it mean when it says "press X (or A for Xbox 360 ppl) to tag players"????? im thinkin it might lock da rocket target on players & when u press R2/RT it shoots da rockets almost straight towards dem.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:54 AM Edited by GR Choke, 24 July 2014 - 07:55 AM.

when you tag someone the players name appears above the car they are in

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

It'd be cool if you designate targets with it. So your friend in a lazer can cover the ground in fiery hell

SlammedSultanRS
  • SlammedSultanRS

Stoned beyond belief! connecticut FTW

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

i tried co-pilotin night-vision ting in da buzzard & what im wonderin is what does it mean when it says "press X (or A for Xbox 360 ppl) to tag players"????? im thinkin it might lock da rocket target on players & when u press R2/RT it shoots da rockets almost straight towards dem.

Da.. Ting.. Dem? Really? Grow up.. Learn to spell correctly. You just sound ignorant..

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

Have you not used it in SP?

^^This. Carry over from the helicopters in Story Mode. There is a mission where Franklin and Trevor need to find a guy and Trevor uses the helicopter camera to find him and follow Franklin.

Story Mode: You should play it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users