Quantcast

» «
Photo

Too bad we are not getting any large story DLC...

29 replies to this topic
Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

This GTA would be perfect to have a main character that is a crooked cop/detective story. Maybe even some choice on being good/bad in the end. The random encounters/crimes are great in GTA V but if they were altered to fit the police. It would also be a new experience for GTA players.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

how do you know were not? who told you this? it took nearly a yr for the first DLC for gta ivto come out & then another few months for the second dlc story we got 2 for gta iv so we should get at least one story for gta 5  

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

that would be perfect? no......... maybe in your tiny mind but think about the big picture. in my opinion that "crooked cop/detective" sh*t would suck hard!!!!!! 

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

how do you know were not? who told you this? it took nearly a yr for the first DLC for gta ivto come out & then another few months for the second dlc story we got 2 for gta iv so we should get at least one story for gta 5  

The fact is however, Dan Houser stated that Rockstar are unlikely to do another DLC like the episodes as they didn't reel in enough profit. However, I do hope that they go back on their word... Even if we do have to wait for the inevitable next gen release to see it.

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

They went back on their word for many things so it is still possible.

• saintsrow likes this

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

The fact is however, Dan Houser stated that Rockstar are unlikely to do another DLC like the episodes as they didn't reel in enough profit. However, I do hope that they go back on their word... Even if we do have to wait for the inevitable next gen release to see it.

if it's gonna be on next gen it will be on ps3 & 360 plus gta v is set to outsell gta 4 by alot so hopefully we will see it

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

that would be perfect? no......... maybe in your tiny mind but think about the big picture. in my opinion that "crooked cop/detective" sh*t would suck hard!!!!!! 

Wow...I don't think you see the big picture here chief...your mother sucks hard.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Corrupt Cole Phelps in Los Santos

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

The episodes didn't sell very well even though they were some of the best DLC produced.

• saintsrow and ONEkingscar like this

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

^  This is what I am going by what has been reported on. Is it written stone, no, nothing is. But it seems unfortunate as it seems all DLC will be designed and implemented for multiplayer (singleplayer may get additional vehicles and weapons). It's too bad as a new character (in general) with new missions would be cool and extend this open world a bit more. There are so many locations I have driven around perfect to design  large set pieces for missions...

• jamieleng likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

This GTA would be perfect to have a main character that is a crooked cop/detective story. Maybe even some choice on being good/bad in the end. The random encounters/crimes are great in GTA V but if they were altered to fit the police. It would also be a new experience for GTA players.

NO WAY

I had enough of crooked cops in the main storyline of the game as it is, and that part of it got boring fast. I just did not care for running around doing the dirty work of corrupt cops, and I certainly don't wanna play as one.

I just wish Rockstar would make a gang--centered DLC, there was not enough hood action in GTA V. 

Franklin7
  • Franklin7

A big Franklin fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Gang dlc > Cop dlc

I hope we get one were you get grove street back maybe as lamar since franklin left the hood and explaining how Ballas got grove street

downnice
  • downnice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Rockstar always changes their mind 

Remermber in Game Informer when they said 3D universe not in GTA V even though Fernando Martinez, Lazlow, Grove Street, and the Ballas all are in GTA V

That was just a excuse because Young Maylay would not be in the game. If he agreed to be in GTA V I bet CJ would be in the game. 

As for DLC they do not know what there doing and this is a cover

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Have you ever heard of GTA Online? You know, V's multiplayer mode that is being promoted as a standalone game and will be significantly expanded in the weeks and months ahead?

ZB 512
  • ZB 512

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

I bet they make a gang DLC

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

In the big beautiful world Los Santos and Blaine County, many interesting stories and characters could be created.  Let's hope, if it happens, the characters and stories are not the usual movie cliches, but something more original. 

But it is hard to find an original story, and I don't care much about story anyway. The biggest hope I have for "big DLC" is that Rockstar will put back in some of the many functions and elements that we all expected in this crowning achievement, that did not make it. Unfortunately whatever that is, will probalby get put into GTAO and will never make it back to singleplayer. 

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I know what most of you guys are saying about the corrupt cop cliche..if it were written well it wouldn't be. I get tired of working for the corrupt cops but GTA has never let you PLAY as one (How can anyone say you are tired of this in the main story when it's never happened). Same can be said about playing a gang member (you don't think that's cliche?).

Missions that allow you to bust drug deals/arms shipments and keep some for yourself. That would be WAY different than being ordered around (for free) by Haines and Tenpenny. I don't know...at this point any new content would be good for me. Even if they patch some content from Multiplayer into singleplayer.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:48 PM Edited by jamieleng, 13 October 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Rockstar always changes their mind 

Remermber in Game Informer when they said 3D universe not in GTA V even though Fernando Martinez, Lazlow, Grove Street, and the Ballas all are in GTA V

That was just a excuse because Young Maylay would not be in the game. If he agreed to be in GTA V I bet CJ would be in the game. 

Fernando Martinez is a radio character & can cross universes. Lazlow was a radio character in 3D era, but never seen, so therefore he could physically appear in the HD universe. The Families & The Ballas are gangs, not individuals (so they're more like brands). Young Maylay did voice work in V, so he was in the game, just not as CJ.

Next.

To OP. Yes it's a shame we probably won't be getting SP story dlc. If you want to send a message to Rockstar, don't buy the Online only dlc. 

Rockstar want to make as much money as possible off V & the best way to do that, is piecemeal Online dlc (cars, guns, clothes etc). Cheap to make & probably already developed during the original development period & held back.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

I want to see a DLC where Trevor establishes a drug connect from Mexico and supplies Franklin, Lamar and the gangs. They get into it with the ballas over the drug turf then the cartels get involved and things really get hairy. You can have gang wars in the hood and drug wars out in the desert, I think that would satisfy most people.

• jv95_ likes this

dethbiker
  • dethbiker

basketball and heavy metal.

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

Why does everyone want to be a cop? I'd rather be a drug kingpin or a smuggler.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

i hope you guys know the gang thing is dead or dyeing  

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

Man I hope they go back on their word cuz they're doing it with alotta stuff (properties, very close 3D universe references that almost seem canon, etc)
I mean there's a lot of stuff on this map that were never used but would make great set pieces. Ft Zancudo, that big ass prison, the houses by the light house. But nah they were just wasted space in SP.......although Zancudo was pretty fun trying to break into but I wanna walk through it freely because it's a VERY detailed military base!

Zenlightened
  • Zenlightened

Disposable Assassin

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

I sort of like the characters. I'd like to see a "season 2" type of thing with the trio back in action (spoilers?: but that'd force a canon ending)

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

f*ck pigs, in any form.  If any pigs are reading this, then f*ck you.  f*ck you, hard.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

Aye, me to laddy. I was hoping for a prequel type DLC. In which you learn more about each protag's origins.

i,e. Frank's gang banging upbringing, Trevor's early crime experience with Mike, and so on.

• jv95_ likes this

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

i hope you guys know the gang thing is dead or dyeing  

What? their will always be gangs about. Just because it's not 1992 doesn't mean every gang member has just disappeared, it's still a big problem in LA.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by Hooves07, 15 October 2013 - 01:29 AM.

Aye, me to laddy. I was hoping for a prequel type DLC. In which you learn more about each protag's origins.

i,e. Frank's gang banging upbringing, Trevor's early crime experience with Mike, and so on.

That would be cool too. I was actually disappointed with the feel of GTA V ( it did not feel "epic" enough). I wish R* would have had a few missions prior to the opening heist. That way we would get real development of Mike's and Trevors friendship. To me Red Dead felt way more epic (not only because of the subject matter) beacause of the length. Red Dead Redemption felt like a long game (and with John Marston's ending not being the true end).

I am glad R* is working on a multiplayer end of GTA, I just wish it wasn't at the expense of the singleplayer game. This goes double if all they do is release DLC for multiplayer and leave singleplayer as is...

• jv95_ likes this

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Yes, it would be great to have the 93 year old deceased Cole Phelps as a GTA V DLC.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

Yes, it would be great to have the 93 year old deceased Cole Phelps as a GTA V DLC.

I guess people rather play as a two-bit gangster (playing as a three-bit gangster) INSTEAD of the motherf*cker pulling the strings. FYI Cole Phelps is a diiferent game/universe. I want to take on the big dog cut off his nutz and shove them in his mouth. This GTA felt like a fumble from the second heist to the next to last. ZERO payout and being told what to do...

The way R* made it SOUND is we could plan and execute heists not just follow a heavily scripted event with ZERO pay.

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

You guys do realise that LA Noire was made by Team Bondi and not Rockstar right? They just published it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users