Photo

MC Patch Emblem advice/assist

7 replies to this topic
Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

So the "title" box on MC patches has been givin me trouble on the creator. Can anyone tell me how to do it or show me?

The top of the patch:

The_Lost_Insignia.png

Cisto
  • Cisto

Soul Reapers MC

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

So the "title" box on MC patches has been givin me trouble on the creator. Can anyone tell me how to do it or show me?

The top of the patch:

The_Lost_Insignia.png

What do you want to do exactly? remove it, edit, remake it? I'm sure somebody will help if you give a little more information.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Obedient

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

You mean something like this?

9eBVcdN.jpg

I made the rocker from 2 curves, 2 long rectangles (1st one in top left corner) and covered the sides with 2 squares, using background color.

The inner black stroke can be done with the curves, these are too thin but there are thicker ones too. And the side parts again with long rectangles.

I´m sure there could be easier way, I don´t use the emblem editor and just tried quickly.

sybrqXF.jpg

• soundbomber likes this

soundbomber
  • soundbomber

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

^thanks bro 

cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

What would be really cool is if someone could do it with the background transparent (so you don't have a nasty plain box around your emblem).

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

What would be really cool is if someone could do it with the background transparent (so you don't have a nasty plain box around your emblem).

You can set the background transparent. On the left hand side of the emblem creator screen are some colours and squares, one of the squares when highlighted will say background colour. Click on that and you can change the BG colour or set it transparent.

cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I know. :) What I meant was in this particular instance, since the guy decided to leave the background in, but then use cleverly placed squares that are the same color as the background to hide parts and ultimately make the curved header... if he were able to do that without the background and hiding squares... that would be pretty impressive.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Obedient

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

It´s possible. You can use curves for both strokes, like I did the thinner one. Then fill the inside by placing various white shapes behind the strokes.

It should be quite easy using thicker outer stroke curves but if You need help I can fire up that crappy emblem editor later and give it a go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users