» «
Photo

Bounties Hiding in Apartments/Strip Club

185 replies to this topic
loki993
  • loki993

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:58 PM Edited by loki993, 14 November 2013 - 08:04 PM.

The first thing I do when I join any public session is check out Weazel News. I watch people to get an idea of what kind of population I'm dealing with. 

But besides that, if R* hadn't intended for your house to be a place to hang out, for whatever reason, there wouldn't be a TV in there with all those entertaining shows, or a radio, or whiskey, or that mysterious (soylent?) green juice. Hell I've spent 10 minutes in there just showering off blood and changing clothes. 

People do hang out in their houses, and not just to escape bounty hunters.

that's fair enough, ill have to take your word for it, i've just never seen anyone do it myself. in my opinion, all those features in the house are fun the first time you try them, and then that's it, the novelty has gone, i seriously doubt they ever imagined players would spend up to an hour at a time in there. the only thing i use my apartment for is the garage. that's until they eventually release the heists anyway.

I actually think they absolutely did intend for people to be in the apartments for some periods of time. Thats why they're so nice and have different views and such like that, though I wish you could use all the furniture and not just the couch. Its also why you can invite other people up there. In fact in the online trailer they were kind of specific in saying you were able to "party" in your apartments....

• daalni likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

They will be good meeting places for heists and such.... Sometimes before a mission my buddies meet at my crib to talk about how we are going to do it... what ride we are going to use... who is going to drive, snipe or enforce... sh*t like that.

I also use it to smoke herb in and just chill... I don't like being out there in the world where someone can snipe me while I prepare a fat dab to smoke. Dabs are a process. My place is just downtown too so I always see crazy sh*t happening below me. Its great to take a break and smoke in peace, even go raid my fridge and not have to worry about commin back to a (Trollface has riddled you with bullets)

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

unrelated but my game has just glitched, i am currently running around my apartment, i can exit through the door without it going into the animation and putting me either outside or in my garage, and can alos fire my weapons and stuff. has anyone else experienced this?

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by Pizentu, 15 November 2013 - 12:01 AM.

Also, this game is called "Grand Theft Auto". It is not called "Bounty Hunter". There are a ton of different things you can do in this game that does not include hunting people. You can race, parachute, deathmatch, stick up stores, attack an armored truck, have shoot outs with non bounty players, swim, ride jetskis/boats, drive around anywhere on the map, snipe, or many other countless things.

I know that was probably too long for some to read so ....

TLDR: This is GTA not Bounty Hunter. 

• Kahkenbols likes this

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

people, you're all missing my point, what i want to know is WHY people do this. like i've said 3 or 4 times now its is neither fun nor worth it financially to sit and wait in your apartment. anyone saying they enjoy sitting in their apartment for an hour more than being in free roam or races/missions, then why are you playing this game? go play SIMS. some people are using the excuse that they sit and hide in their apartment to piss off the guy who put the bounty on them, but 99% of bounties are from NPCs.... they've got separate lobbies for bad sports, i think they should have separate lobbies for the lazy/scared people who prefer to sit in their apartment than actually play the game, would you enjoy that? a lobby of 16 players all with bounties on yourselves all sitting in your apartments? get out and play the game, who knows? you might enjoy it.

Why? Because that's how they want to play. That is the enjoyment they get out of it. Just because you don't like it doesn't make their play style invalid. Perhaps you should stop worrying about how others play and just play how you want. 

This thread is nothing more but people shouting "Stop playing how you play and play how I play!" 

people, you're all missing my point, what i want to know is WHY people do this. like i've said 3 or 4 times now its is neither fun nor worth it financially to sit and wait in your apartment. anyone saying they enjoy sitting in their apartment for an hour more than being in free roam or races/missions, then why are you playing this game? go play SIMS. some people are using the excuse that they sit and hide in their apartment to piss off the guy who put the bounty on them, but 99% of bounties are from NPCs.... they've got separate lobbies for bad sports, i think they should have separate lobbies for the lazy/scared people who prefer to sit in their apartment than actually play the game, would you enjoy that? a lobby of 16 players all with bounties on yourselves all sitting in your apartments? get out and play the game, who knows? you might enjoy it.

Why? Because that's how they want to play. That is the enjoyment they get out of it. Just because you don't like it doesn't make their play style invalid. Perhaps you should stop worrying about how others play and just play how you want. 

This thread is nothing more but people shouting "Stop playing how you play and play how I play!" 

whats wrong with trying to show people a more fun way to play? if people did genuinely enjoy sitting in their apartment more than free roam (which i maintain means they're playing the wrong game) they would do it without bounties on their head, which i'm sorry, i NEVER see people doing. so yes, their playing style is invalid. there is no logical argument for doing so.

As I said before just because you find it fun doesn't mean everyone will. Fun is subjective. What you find fun someone else will not find fun. Why do you care how other people play? Everyone should just play how they want and stop worrying about others. 

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

i need to see these kills where the guy gets taken out inside his apartment

anybody?

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

6 pages of this and I really don't get the frustration from some of the posts. I see bounties being collected all the time. Purely anecdotal, I know, but I see far more bounties collected than evaded.  Your mileage may vary. 

I also don't get how someone can say it's "not intended" for people to be able to go into their safehouse to wait it out. This isn't a glitch. No one's having to turn backwards while aiming their gun and rolling at just the right time to enter their house. Someone even came up with the, imho, ludicrous suggestion that anything that hinders other people's gameplay or enjoyment "should be discouraged". Soooo does placing a Bounty on someone count? Certainly it hinders their gameplay. Whether they enjoy it or not is debatable. 

The only thing I'd want to see changed, if anything, would be to eliminate NPC-placed bounties in public sessions, and I'm not even positive about that. It's just a gut feeling. If players want to place them great, but some poor sap trying to evade a wanted level, as it stands now, runs the risk of getting a big red blip for 48 minutes just because they jacked a car trying to get away. Suddenly half the people on the server are acting as mercenaries on behalf of an NPC. Or maybe they could differentiate the colors of the blips when it's an NPC vs. Player-placed Bounty, I dunno. Eliminating the NPCs might be a better option.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:53 AM Edited by EliteGamer, 15 November 2013 - 05:49 PM.

6 pages of this and I really don't get the frustration from some of the posts. I see bounties being collected all the time. Purely anecdotal, I know, but I see far more bounties collected than evaded.  Your mileage may vary. 

I also don't get how someone can say it's "not intended" for people to be able to go into their safehouse to wait it out. This isn't a glitch. No one's having to turn backwards while aiming their gun and rolling at just the right time to enter their house. Someone even came up with the, imho, ludicrous suggestion that anything that hinders other people's gameplay or enjoyment "should be discouraged". Soooo does placing a Bounty on someone count? Certainly it hinders their gameplay. Whether they enjoy it or not is debatable. 

The only thing I'd want to see changed, if anything, would be to eliminate NPC-placed bounties in public sessions, and I'm not even positive about that. It's just a gut feeling. If players want to place them great, but some poor sap trying to evade a wanted level, as it stands now, runs the risk of getting a big red blip for 48 minutes just because they jacked a car trying to get away. Suddenly half the people on the server are acting as mercenaries on behalf of an NPC. Or maybe they could differentiate the colors of the blips when it's an NPC vs. Player-placed Bounty, I dunno. Eliminating the NPCs might be a better option.

What is intended =/= What is technically allowed.

Spawnkilling a guy 50 times with a tank is perfectly allowed by the rules of the game, but I'm pretty certain that isn't something Rockstar wanted to happen.

Getting an FIB Buffalo or Franklin's Buffalo is illegal by the rules of the game, but I don't see how it ruins the game for anyone or otherwise diminishes their enjoyment.

Game designers are not infallible, the rules they come up with don't necessarily lead to the gaming experience they wanted to create. If they were infallible we wouldn't have glitches and we wouldn't need patches at all (note how often patches rebalance things in addition to fixing exploits). What is fair and fun and balanced is, IMO, far more important that if something relies on a glitch.

In the case of bounties I can't imagine they intended for people to be able to wait them out in perfect safety.

"Let's have a bounty system, so players get money for hunting each other down!"

--- "Yes, I can see it now. Car chases through the streets, rooftops turned into fortresses, maybe hiding on a train. I like it!"

"Yes! And if you survive for long enough, running or fighting all the other players then you get the money yourself!"

--- "Yes! And let's allow people to win their bounty whilst invulnerable and impervious to attack!"

"Wait, what?"

Why even HAVE a bounty system if the optimal move is just to hide inside your invulnerable apartment every time you get one? Oh but it's balanced around being boring, so not everybody wants to do it? Well, why make a BORING move the optimal one?

Please explain to me how the game is made more fun or more interesting or more exciting through encouraging players to hide for 48 minutes at a time.

Please explain to me how the game is made fairer or more balanced by giving apartment idlers a better shot at their bounty money than players actually playing the game.

And why does anybody at all complain about NPC bounties? They just inject extra money into the system. The NPC bounties are worth much more than the ammo you spend claiming/surviving them so you're better off with them than without them. Oh no, another player MIGHT kill you. ONCE. The horror. It's not locking you out of the game for 48 minutes, it's encouraging a small amount of fighting. In fact it's player-placed bounties that seem largely pointless, though they still have a couple of uses.

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

What is intended = What is technically allowed.

Spawnkilling a guy 50 times with a tank is perfectly allowed by the rules of the game, but I'm pretty certain that isn't something Rockstar wanted to happen.

Getting an FIB Buffalo or Franklin's Buffalo is illegal by the rules of the game, but I don't see how it ruins the game for anyone or otherwise diminishes their enjoyment.

Game designers are not infallible, the rules they come up with don't necessarily lead to the gaming experience they wanted to create. If they were infallible we wouldn't have glitches and we wouldn't need patches at all (note how often patches rebalance things in addition to fixing exploits). What is fair and fun and balanced is, IMO, far more important that if something relies on a glitch.

In the case of bounties I can't imagine they intended for people to be able to wait them out in perfect safety.

"Let's have a bounty system, so players get money for hunting each other down!"

--- "Yes, I can see it now. Car chases through the streets, rooftops turned into fortresses, maybe hiding on a train. I like it!"

"Yes! And if you survive for long enough, running or fighting all the other players then you get the money yourself!"

--- "Yes! And let's allow people to win their bounty whilst invulnerable and impervious to attack!"

"Wait, what?"

Why even HAVE a bounty system if the optimal move is just to hide inside your invulnerable apartment every time you get one? Oh but it's balanced around being boring, so not everybody wants to do it? Well, why make a BORING move the optimal one?

Please explain to me how the game is made more fun or more interesting or more exciting through encouraging players to hide for 48 minutes at a time.

Please explain to me how the game is made fairer or more balanced by giving apartment idlers a better shot at their bounty money than players actually playing the game.

And why does anybody at all complain about NPC bounties? They just inject extra money into the system. The NPC bounties are worth much more than the ammo you spend claiming/surviving them so you're better off with them than without them. Oh no, another player MIGHT kill you. ONCE. The horror. It's not locking you out of the game for 48 minutes, it's encouraging a small amount of fighting. In fact it's player-placed bounties that seem largely pointless, though they still have a couple of uses.

"What is intended = what is technically allowed"?  Then you just answered your own questions. It's allowed for them to go into their safehouses, therefore it's intended. Or did you intend to put a not-equal-to sign there?

Tell ya what, lobby R* to make an option to create sessions where Bounties can't hide and you'll have my upvote. I'm all for options. That way everyone who can't seem to collect Bounties as fast or often as they want to can have their own lobby where they can chase each other all the live long day if they like. Call it The Thunderdome Option: 16 men enter, no one can leave except on a gurney.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yeah I meant to put “=/=”. As you see, much like game developers, I am not infallible. Doesn’t change the point I was making however. (I have since amended the post for the sake of clarity).

Extra free-roam options are a poor idea too IMO. The community is already subdivided 4 ways and splitting it further can’t help (though it works a little different if it’s just for FR rather than having separate hosted jobs too). And my idea of lobbying basically consists of speaking Cassandra Truths on messageboards. If you can’t convince other players, they what hope do you have of convincing game designers? Even when you’re obviously correct.

As you can see, it doesn’t exactly work out.

DiAL033
  • DiAL033

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

If I missed anything please feel free to add to the list. We gotta get this to Rockstar ASAP.

- Can`t enter submarines, 150feet below is probably even safer than apt. hiding ;)

• Kahkenbols likes this

RavenCeV
  • RavenCeV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

Another thing, IF I'm going to leave my appartment, I would want to do it via the garage.  Now I don'y know about you guys but after the cutscene my character freeze's in her car for a full 4-5 SECONDS!!!

Plenty enough time for a mercenary to make strawberry jam out of me!!!

So much for a quick car change and speedy getaway!

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Again. you think it's flawed. i don't. assume you know my mind all you want. you don't. i feel safehouses are in the game for a reason.

theory of mind. look it up.

So, looks as though Rockstar agreed it was flawed. it wasn't just us being 'whiney little bitches' who 'think everyone should play the way we do'. care to comment?

• AzraelX likes this

staticguy
  • staticguy

Prankster

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Is there really some 'bountied' people that run off to invite-only/solo session?
This is hilarious! I think running off to ur apartment was a coward thing, not even comment about that!

I agree this is one of the best activities in the game, but some people don't get it!

I'm always in for the hunt, or to be hunted :lol:

• adamsowilliams and Biohazard Abyss like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

Is there really some 'bountied' people that run off to invite-only/solo session?
This is hilarious! I think running off to ur apartment was a coward thing, not even comment about that!

I agree this is one of the best activities in the game, but some people don't get it!

I'm always in for the hunt, or to be hunted :lol:

Imagine bounty hunting without sticky bombs though?  Damn, that would be awesome.  We'd have some actual wicked car chases, which is why when I have a bounty on me I try to find somewhere to defend myself on foot, since when in a vehicle you just get stickies lobbed at you.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

When I have a bounty on me I like to get in my Infernus and rip through the streets of the city flying right by the other players and see how long I can keep it up.

Then go up to Fort Zacundo by car or chopper, Steal a Lazer and keep straffing over the city, carpet bombing everyone till I run out of fuel or crash.

Or if I don't want to be bothered I find the lowest level player and just walk over to them and let them shoot me..

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

I can't begin to properly express just how grateful I am that most of the people around here with their ideas had absolutely zero input in the design process.

You know who I'm talking about.  It's all those folks who think they know how everybody should be having fun.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

I can't begin to properly express just how grateful I am that most of the people around here with their ideas had absolutely zero input in the design process.

You know who I'm talking about.  It's all those folks who think they know how everybody should be having fun.

It all basically boils down to stop liking what I don't like. That's all most of these threads ever boil down to. 

• Mr. Crowley likes this

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

I've always just outrun them. Don't really care if I get killed.

But seeing how many people it annoys I might just start doing sh*t like waiting til someone gets close and leaving the session, or taking the submarine out.
  • fullmetal5550 likes this

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

I've always just outrun them. Don't really care if I get killed.

But seeing how many people it annoys I might just start doing sh*t like waiting til someone gets close and leaving the session, or taking the submarine out.

I have always seen it as a test of skill. If someone isn't skilled enough or fast enough to catch a bounty before they enter their apartment/leave the session that just means they need to get better/faster. 

Svendiggler
  • Svendiggler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hiding out is pretty poor. Nothing better than a full out chase around LS. Trying to outwit others surely is the test of the game. If u get killed f*ck it. Dust urself down and bash on.

I have done it once, however let me explain. I got a $1k bounty for jacking a random car in the street. Feeling exposed I headed back to my house to get a better car. Upon leaving my garage, I was chased to within an inch of my life by a dude seriously wanting a $1k bounty. I managed to limp back to my house after a good solid 10min chase as I struggled to understand why someone in an $800k supercar so desperately wanted my $1k bounty. He was a pap driver so assumed he was a kid who had hacked. Sure enough checked his stats $millions in bank. P*ssed Mr Rage off well and truly.

I will never understand the logic of this type of chase for a bounty. If someone is in vicinity I will have a go but I aint wasting time trawling the map to get so little reward. Killing other online gamers isnt my motivation as it is for what seems like so many people

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

My crew put bounties on each other just for the challenge!..its great fun  

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

It's called a safehouse for a reason.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Not anymore apparently...

asilcenk
  • asilcenk

Prankster

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:37 AM Edited by asilcenk, 16 December 2013 - 11:38 AM.

When I have bounty on my head and if there is not any online friend I just drive on to one of the gamer at the lobby and stand in fron tof him... He feels happy and I got rid of the bounty :) :) :)

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

Creative Genius

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

When I have bounty on my head and if there is not any online friend I just drive on to one of the gamer at the lobby and stand in fron tof him... He feels happy and I got rid of the bounty :) :) :)

This is the simplest way of dealing with a bounty, get a friend to pop you in the head with a single bullet and just split the cash. No messing or hassle. I even did this with a random the other day he got a 9k bounty shortly after I did so I messaged him and asked for a bounty trade. Fun part was getting across the city to him with a fat target on my head.

Hiding out doesn't achieve anything!

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

For the stripclub, there is a way to shoot people inside there, the same trick is used for Ammu-nation and other types of interiors. Go outside, and get a wanted level. When you are entering the interior (strip club in this case) make sure the cops know where you are so you aren't losing your stars. Then, ADS and walk inside, and now you should be able to use your guns inside the strip club.

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Soldier

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

Saw a guy riding out a bounty on top of a npc controlled van the other day.
Obviously he died in the end, but he seemed to have an interesting few minutes not being in control of his destination while fighting off bounty hunters on all sides.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

poklane, on 16 Dec 2013 - 2:48 PM, said:

For the stripclub, there is a way to shoot people inside there, the same trick is used for Ammu-nation and other types of interiors. Go outside, and get a wanted level. When you are entering the interior (strip club in this case) make sure the cops know where you are so you aren't losing your stars. Then, ADS and walk inside, and now you should be able to use your guns inside the strip club.

you 'don;t need a wanted level

just walk in shooting

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by AzraelX, 16 December 2013 - 04:35 PM.

Not anymore apparently...

How do you figure? You're still safe inside.

The timer running out while you were in your apartment was clearly not intentional, since your timer doesn't run out when you're in jobs or offline either. The common factor between these things is that it's literally impossible for someone to get your bounty, even if they were right next to you.

Don't be surprised if they go a step further and make the timer stop while you're in a session by yourself as well.

The step after that would be if the timer only runs out in public sessions. I don't think they'll go that far though, since people who are in invite-only or friends-only sessions with other players would be perma-bountied, which doesn't make sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users