Photo

Bounties Hiding in Apartments/Strip Club

185 replies to this topic
FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Lol i think OP needs vaseline or preparation H for his case of "butthurt".
There is no honor amongst thieves, wasting your time hunting me down to collect the bounty on my head or waiting outside my apartment messaging me calling me pu$sy doesnt do sh*t, im still gonna enjoy watching tv, browsing the games web, and wait till the bounty set on me by raging nerds as yourself after you realize revenge killing me is not an option, pours into my bank account :cool: hate on it, brah.

i also don't understand why players are putting bounties on each other, just wasting your own money to get someone killed? why? just for them to quickly respawn, what have you gained? i also dont understand people that purposely set out to kill you because you killed them to claim a bounty... but mainly, you havent answered why you stay in your apartment. you technically lose money, as like i previously said, you can make more within that hour than you gain from the bounty. and it is nowhere near as fun as actually being out in free roam.

as you can probably tell this is the first game ive ever played online for longer than a couple of days before getting bored so im probably confused by how people decide to play this game because i just dont understand 'gamers' as they're not exactly normal, well-balanced people for the most part.

I'm not sure locking people out of their home is the solution. Ignoring bounties makes them come out so planning a quick hit is essential to making bounties pay. I rarely see someone get a bounty from stealing a car then drive home to hide for 48 mins. They generally go hide after a failed hit. If they get home just go on with your day. Its their choice to win using their brains instead of their guns.

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

That's what YOU believe... i believe i paid 400k so i would have a nice place to hide. only rockstar knows...
again, opinions of rockstar's intent don't matter.

lol the bounty system is flawed and you know it

stop acting like you dont haha

but i don't. i think you all are fun nazis who have no concept of what "theory of mind" is. you should work on it. most people develop it when they're four years old.

RoboC
  • RoboC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

It's a SAFEhouse. It's safe. What's the problem?

Instead of being killed once, you're basically opting to ride it out in there if you want...FOR 40 DAMNED MINUTES. A fair trade, I'd say.

I've even invited lowbies with bounties to hide out in my apartment just to annoy their hunters.

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Instead of being killed once, you're basically opting to ride it out in there if you want...FOR 40 DAMNED MINUTES. A fair trade, I'd say.

I've even invited lowbies with bounties to hide out in my apartment just to annoy their hunters.

see i was trying to make two separate points. 

1. i think its flawed and should be changed. ok so fair enough, others think its fine how it is and i accept that.

2. i don't understand why someone would do it, that's a hell of a long time to sit and wait for max 9000, you can make WAY more than that in an hour, but apparently, so i've been told, people do enjoy spending time in their apartment, i just don't get this but i suppose i never will and as far as i'm concerned that's this whole debate over for me. 

Kahkenbols
  • Kahkenbols

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

firstly, it is really annoying when players do this, makes the whole point of bounties pointless. secondly, i don't understand why a player would do this, how boring would it be to walk around your apartment for nearly an hour?

What makes you think everyone is hiding?

I could careless about having a bounty on me.  I just go about my regular business not giving a flying monkey sh*t about what anyone trying to get the bounty thinks.

After im done doing a ton of races or other jobs I end up back in free roam, where I then go to my apartment for a break.  And when im done I go back to racing and jobs... After an hour the bountys is mine.

No point chasing me.  Il just jump into a race....Since that's where I was going anyways.

Exactly. Most of the time I have a bounty I actually forget about it. Had a 1k bounty on me last night. A guy went off radar and snuck up behind me. Actually a pretty nice move by him, but in the end he only got $500. But honestly I like it cuz it makes the free roam a bit more exciting.

Later on I was cruising into the city on my way to the Golf club to check and see if a Tailgater spawned. Forgot about bounty again. Couple of dudes in an Entity showed up behind me spraying bullets so took them for a crazy chase through the golf course. I kept jumping over the water hazards seeing if i can trick into destroying their car but they were too smart for that. They got me in the end but it was fun.

I guess what I'm trying to say is who cares if you get killed. You respawn immediately and you can revenge kill or just go on your merry way. Who cares? I've got a mil in the bank and all cars that I need, so even a 9K bounty is worthless for me to care about.

x_-_Robski_-_x
  • x_-_Robski_-_x

Dislocated Member

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by x_-_Robski_-_x, 14 November 2013 - 06:15 PM.

I've even invited lowbies with bounties to hide out in my apartment

Must have been quite scary for them... did they resist much? :D

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

That's what YOU believe... i believe i paid 400k so i would have a nice place to hide. only rockstar knows...
again, opinions of rockstar's intent don't matter.

lol the bounty system is flawed and you know it

stop acting like you dont haha

but i don't. i think you all are fun nazis who have no concept of what "theory of mind" is. you should work on it. most people develop it when they're four years old.

makes you look good, trying to attack the person instead of sticking to the issue ;)

youre so trenched in your own mindset youre not thinking clearly..i hope

me, i couldnt care less if they left the bounty system this way or if they changed it...if i get a bounty on me i still go about my business..if some1 wants it he/shes gonna have to earn it..thats how I play it, how others choose to play it is their choice, i can say nothing about that...so youre wrong by labeling me a fun nazi (lol?)

but any1 can clearly see that the bounty system is flawed....im just stating that fact...you get a bounty publicly, switch to a private session and the ticker still goes, thats just wrong plain nd simple..(good example to visualize this one is the going offline remark by azreal)

im not arguing about what rockstars intention was with the bounty system..im just saying its flawed and ive pointed out why it is that

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

see i was trying to make two separate points. 

1. i think its flawed and should be changed. ok so fair enough, others think its fine how it is and i accept that.

2. i don't understand why someone would do it, that's a hell of a long time to sit and wait for max 9000, you can make WAY more than that in an hour, but apparently, so i've been told, people do enjoy spending time in their apartment, i just don't get this but i suppose i never will and as far as i'm concerned that's this whole debate over for me. 

What makes anyone think they are waiting it out for the bounty?  I only use my apartment when going afk.  Which I find really funny when I come back and see "PUSSY" messages.

Just because you see red dots in their safe house doesn't mean jack sh*t really.

When I get a bounty I just go about playing races, jobs, death matches and survival.  Bountys barely effect my routine at all.

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:18 PM Edited by daalni, 14 November 2013 - 06:20 PM.

Again. you think it's flawed. i don't. assume you know my mind all you want. you don't. i feel safehouses are in the game for a reason.

theory of mind. look it up.

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

And me saying most people develop it at age four is a fact. if that fact makes you feel insulted, not my f*ckin problem.

DiAL033
  • DiAL033

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

The bounty is a tool for the player to tell another player to "Leave me alone.", that`s how I think of it. You are forced to flee, or to hide, in any way it gets harder to harrass another player. If I pay 2000$ and another player that bugged me hides for the next 48min, then that`s just fine with me.

If it was intended as a real gameplay mechanic they should just run the timer during free-roam mode but in turn drastically increase the reward for the bounty player if he survives the 48min, alternatively drastically reduce bounty time.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

Wait, are people really complaining about folks waiting out their bounties and keeping the money for themselves versus letting other folks have a stab at getting it?

Um...why wouldn't I keep the money for myself?

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by EliteGamer, 14 November 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Bounty timers should not count down whilst in private sessions, apartments, garages or the LSC menu. If you are not vulnerable to attack your bounty timer should not decrease. This is simple obvious stuff people.

I meant how is it affecting other players negatively if someone sits in their apartment. I didn't think I'd have to explain that to you.

Because players drive accross the map after a bounty only to find out the guy is completely invulnerable and they've wasted their time?  (You can't tell if bounty players are inside their apartment or set up in a defensible position from the map, you can only make educated guesses.) If they continue sitting outside and waste more time then that's kinda silly but even if they immediately cut their losses they've still wasted time and gotten frustrated.

Incidentally this is why I think getting private session camping is way more acceptable than apartment camping. You still get your bounty for free, but you can still play the game and you don't waste other people's time either.

People hunting after bounties are playing the game as intended, bounties hiding in invulnerable positions waiting for it to time out are not. By all means use your safehouse, use your garage, use private sessions... but you shouldn't get free money for doing so and it shouldn't waste other people's time.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Again. you think it's flawed. i don't. assume you know my mind all you want. you don't. i feel safehouses are in the game for a reason.

how old are you?

im trying to figure out whether youre just acting stupid or are

i never talked about safehouses, i only talked about the jumping types of sessions to make ur bounty pass over in a safe environment..that alone is enough to flaw the system..now the safehousething is something people like you and i cant pass judgement on and thats why i dont

now about the other thing

the discussion was about a, you introduce b to the discussion (which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion) to make me seem less than you and therefor depict me as some1 not to be taken seriously..its a common trick people use in arguments/discussions when they cant or wont stick to the issue...im not insulted or offended, kinda used to people like you on forums

ohw and the sun isnt hot....

....I just think it is

• Kromix and daalni like this

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

how old are you?
im trying to figure out whether youre just acting stupid or are

i never talked about safehouses, i only talked about the jumping types of sessions to make ur bounty pass over in a safe environment..that alone is enough to flaw the system..now the safehousething is something people like you and i cant pass judgement on and thats why i dont

now about the other thing
the discussion was about a, you introduce b to the discussion (which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion) to make me seem less than you and therefor depict me as some1 not to be taken seriously..its a common trick people use in arguments/discussions when they cant or wont stick to the issue...im not insulted or offended, kinda used to people like you on forums

ohw and the sun isnt hot....

....I just think it is

id like to know the same considering you still can't figure it the difference between opinion and fact.

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:37 PM Edited by daalni, 14 November 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Maybe you should look those up too. know why you're used to people like me? cause stupid people like you get proven wrong every day.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by rnb010, 14 November 2013 - 06:43 PM.

back to namecalling i see..lol cmon, how old are you??

ok ima give you this one more chance to either prove youre really that stupid or just a troll

suppose you have a timebased mission..on any game..you hit the start button - which should pause the game - and the ticker keeps counting down to zero

would you consider that a flaw in that particular system

answer with a simple yes or no plz

ohw and im 24 ;)

Panicbacon
  • Panicbacon

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

You can tell when people are in apartments by looking at the map. Chances are if they're in the center of a building they are in their apartment as there aren't that many interiors in free roam. You choosing to waste your time is your choice, independent of whether or not they are in their safe house. They didn't make you spend a few minutes driving in a video game, the whining is unbelievable. Has anyone ever heard of personal choice and responsibility? You're not entitled to a bounty. If you can't read the map and you choose to wait on a bounty that's impossible to claim, then YOU make poor decisions and should deal with the consequences of YOU choices.

Bounty timers should not count down whilst in private sessions, apartments, garages or the LSC menu. If you are not vulnerable to attack your bounty timer should not decrease. This is simple obvious stuff people.

I meant how is it affecting other players negatively if someone sits in their apartment. I didn't think I'd have to explain that to you.

Because players drive accross the map after a bounty only to find out the guy is completely invulnerable and they've wasted their time?  (You can't tell if bounty players are inside their apartment or set up in a defensible position from the map, you can only make educated guesses.) If they continue sitting outside and waste more time then that's kinda silly but even if they immediately cut their losses they've still wasted time and gotten frustrated.

Incidentally this is why I think getting private session camping is way more acceptable than apartment camping. You still get your bounty for free, but you can still play the game and you don't waste other people's time either.

People hunting after bounties are playing the game as intended, bounties hiding in invulnerable positions waiting for it to time out are not. By all means use your safehouse, use your garage, use private sessions... but you shouldn't get free money for doing so and it shouldn't waste other people's time.

BrandonLyniv
  • BrandonLyniv

Mastermind

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Just to add this in there, 48 minutes is really not a long time to wait in your apartment. You can watch a couple episodes on TV, take an entire shower which is like 5 minutes, look out your telescope at other players depending on your location/view. Maybe some ppl will look at those things as boring but keep in mind not everyone will agree

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by daalni, 14 November 2013 - 07:00 PM.

back to namecalling i see..lol cmon, how old are you??

ok ima give you this one more chance to either prove youre really that stupid or just a troll

suppose you have a timebased mission..on any game..you hit the start button - which should pause the game - and the ticker keeps counting down to zero
would you consider that a flaw in that particular system

answer with a simple yes or no plz

ohw and im 24 ;)

for the less intelligent... if i chose it, whatever. i don't get a choice with your bounty on me, do i?+a simple yes or no please lol) you're example has no basis.

Do people usually let you win by letting you tell them what they're allowed to answer?

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Keep your idiocy and entitlement comin. i love it.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

But how can you prove they are waiting out the bounty to get the money and accuse them of not playing as intended?

What about all the non bounty players in their apartment?    Are they hiding? 

Problem is people see red and go all Bull In a China shop.    Most people with bountys on them just go about their own thing.  Lord knows I do.

• Kahkenbols likes this

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Keep your idiocy and entitlement comin. i love it.

lol failed to complete a simple task yet u keep on calling people stupid and such...

guess ull be disappointed by this but

you lack vision and/or intelligence and are therefor quite the waste of time so i wont be wasting mine on you anymore

im sorry man

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:14 PM Edited by daalni, 14 November 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Meaning. you know you lost. good day whiney bitch. and i call people names because im an asshole, duh . you don't have to be nice to be right.

be good or be good at it.

edit:  and you're right the reason I didn't answer your question is because I couldn't answer that question.  your comparison is including two completely different scenarios. 

I get choose when I go on a mission.  I get to choose what mission most of the time.  there is no reason for me to hide from that timer, considering it's what I f*cking wanted to do in the first place.

when you choose to put a bounty on me.  I do not get to choose that mission.  there is also a reason for me to hide from that time, considering I didn't ask to be included in your 15 v 1 deathmatch scenario.

can you see how those two are different things and why there isn't a yes or no because you're comparing apples to testicles?

the problem isn't the bounty system.  it's that everyone (there are multiple examples of this throughout the thread) assumes they know what the bounty system was intended for...  and that some of those try to impose that idea on others and force them to play accordingly.

Kahkenbols
  • Kahkenbols

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

Because if this very thread I cant wait to get a bounty put on me so I can go hide in my apartment.....

you cant wait to be able to miss an hour of gaming time?

It's hard to understand what you are talking about. People can sit in their apartment and ride it out or they can just go and do missions/races. Either way you don't get the bounty. Instead people waste time sitting outside someone's place hoping they come out. Hey guess what? They can go do a mission in the north somewhere and then spawn back in well away from anyone. By the time anyone gets there, poof, they are magically gone to another mission.

Rockstar would have to change the entire game just so you get what you want with these insignificant bounties.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by rnb010, 14 November 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Because if this very thread I cant wait to get a bounty put on me so I can go hide in my apartment.....

It's hard to understand what you are talking about. People can sit in their apartment and ride it out or they can just go and do missions/races. Either way you don't get the bounty. Instead people waste time sitting outside someone's place hoping they come out. Hey guess what? They can go do a mission in the north somewhere and then spawn back in well away from anyone. By the time anyone gets there, poof, they are magically gone to another mission.

Rockstar would have to change the entire game just so you get what you want with these insignificant bounties.

lol if the servers full u wont even spawn back in the same session

people who flee to their houses play the cowards game...fair enough

but people who wait outside houses...dunno..way 2 much time on their hands i guess

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

You can tell when people are in apartments by looking at the map. Chances are if they're in the center of a building they are in their apartment as there aren't that many interiors in free roam. You choosing to waste your time is your choice, independent of whether or not they are in their safe house. They didn't make you spend a few minutes driving in a video game, the whining is unbelievable. Has anyone ever heard of personal choice and responsibility? You're not entitled to a bounty. If you can't read the map and you choose to wait on a bounty that's impossible to claim, then YOU make poor decisions and should deal with the consequences of YOU choices.

When a normal player is on the map they have an arrow showing the direction they are facing.

When a normal player is inside an apartment/garage there is no arrow.

Bounty players do not have these arrows at all, making it more difficult to determine if they are inside an apartment. Noticing that a bounty is located within a building on the map SUGGESTS that they might be in an interior, but they could also be camped out on top of it in a defensible location and you have no way of KNOWING beside a) checking it out and potentially wasting your time or b) knowing off-hand every buyable property on the map.

If there was a simple reliable system to tell if a player is inside a building it would be different (you can probably do this using some contact abilities, but it's hardly simple).

Bounty players have a target on their back. Chasing after and fighting bounties is a legitimate free-roam activity. Please explain to me how the game is improved by allowing bounty players to hide in a position of total invulnerability and get rewarded for it. Not saying apartment campers are cheats or cowards, but clearly running or fighting for 48mins deserves a reward whilst sitting invulnerable does not.

And really where are you going with the argument about "choosing to waste time"? If I go on a tank rampage killing everyone is that their fault for not noticing the slow-moving blip on the map and running away? Or maybe they made the choice to get spawn-killed repeatedly? Oh it makes sense at certain extremes, but come on.. why even HAVE bounties in the game if there's never any point going after them because they are all invulnerable.

Some modes of play make things pleasant or less interesting for other people and should be discouraged. This is not a difficult concept.

But how can you prove they are waiting out the bounty to get the money and accuse them of not playing as intended?

What about all the non bounty players in their apartment?    Are they hiding? 

Problem is people see red and go all Bull In a China shop.    Most people with bountys on them just go about their own thing.  Lord knows I do.

If bounty players are simply doing their own thing and aren't hiding out their timer then why would they care if their timer went down or not? If you're in your apartment for entirely non-bounty reasons then you shouldn't care about the bounty timer. Additionally I have suggested no limits for accessing apartments etc, I'm just saying they shouldn't let the timer decrease whilst inside which only affects people waiting out bounties. Do you people even read?

Hiding in perfect safety is allowed, you just shouldn't be given free money for it.

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

24 does explain the entitlement issues.  you need say no more.  we all understand your problem now.

loki993
  • loki993

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by loki993, 14 November 2013 - 07:48 PM.

the lost hour will be more than worth the enjoyment I will get from the chaos that will ensue by my from door becasue of if....

Plus losing a hour or gaming time isnt the end of the world..Ill go have  a snack or something....

Kahkenbols
  • Kahkenbols

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by Kahkenbols, 15 November 2013 - 12:06 AM.

lol if the servers full u wont even spawn back in the same session

people who flee to their houses play the cowards game...fair enough

but people who wait outside houses...dunno..way 2 much time on their hands i guess

Yup. If Rockstar changes it so that the timer doesn't go down while in the apartment so be it. So let's go through the list of what you are not supposed to do when you have a bounty as it is right now.

-Can't enter apartment/garage

-Can't change sessions

-Can't do any missions

-Can't invite friends/crew to kill you for bounty

-Can't run to northern part of map to hide because it is too far away from most bounty hunters

-Can't take a helicopter and hide on top of a skyscraper. People will think you are in your apartment and never bother to check the roof or it sucks cuz they have to go get a chopper.

-Can't hide in the subway tunnels. Most players have no idea that you are actually under the street so that is not fair.

-Can't go to Fort Zancudo and get a Jet and stay airborne cuz it's too hard for others to get Jet and shoot you down. Same goes for buzzard or tank. None of that either.

-Can't quit game through the dashboard. You are stuck until bounty is claimed so no playing other games.

-Can't turn off your console. Console must stay on until bounty is claimed. Any attempt to shut down results in electrical shock.

If I missed anything please feel free to add to the list. We gotta get this to Rockstar ASAP.

• daalni likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users