Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bounties Hiding in Apartments/Strip Club

185 replies to this topic
daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:10 AM

Some people don't wanna be your rabbit for an hour. the problems are the bounty is too long. youre 15 v 1 for an hour... some people are doing things with friends when you randomly decide to take that hour away from them. Sorry your fun is hampered, but do you think theirs might be too? i know, only you matter...

they should get the bounty if they kill the one who put it on them, but you just want them to be your rabbit all day. f*ck what they wanna do! they must play how you dictate! sieg heil!!

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:11 AM Edited by daalni, 14 November 2013 - 04:45 AM.

And to those with the bs line about fairness to new players... what about our higher health, better armor, better weapons, better vehicles? are those any more fair?

And you'll have a pad long before you have all the above mentioned goodness. (generally speaking)

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

Yeah, let's make it so players can keep setting bounties on other players forcing them to never enter their garage. No, If a bounty wants to be a coward and hide so be it. Move on. 

• Ethereal_NYC and Kahkenbols like this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:20 AM

firstly, it is really annoying when players do this, makes the whole point of bounties pointless. secondly, i don't understand why a player would do this, how boring would it be to walk around your apartment for nearly an hour? also, it is completely pointless as even though you get the bounty if you survive it, staying in your apartment for the whole time just to get it doesn't make sense as you can make a hell of a lot more money in that time frame. i enjoy trying to survive them, using the multistorey car parks and underground tunnels help, and allow me to go and make money off other peoples bounties whilst doing so. i once made over 50 grand bounty hunting with one on my head and survived it. can someone please tell me why players hide in their apartment? it doesn't make sense financially and if you scared of getting shot, you're playing the wrong game. 

Actually, I suspect more than a few of them do far more creative things than just getting liquored up, high, and dry humped by a stripper.

I actually sat next to a random in their apt once while they had a $9k bounty on their head.  We sat before the TV and watched weazel news in amazement as other players surreptitiously began approaching his apt.  When they arrived, they began camping outside his apt. And quite predictably, fratricide finally broke out as more ppl arrived. Players turned the lobby of 40 Eclipse Towers into a live gunfight at the OK Corral. After watching 10/16 ppl on the server battle each other and and endless wave of spawning cops, my random buddy finally decided to put an end to the dementia.

In exactly one Merryweather merc call and preemptive air strike later, it was finally safe for me to venture out into the downstairs lobby --- just so I could get back into my apt :lol:

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:20 AM

When you enter a safe zone like your house,  strip club,  etc. the timer on your bounty should stop.  Also,  solo sessions and invite only sessions should be unavailable when you have a bounty on you.

They shouldn't be unavailable, that'd be annoying. The timer should just remain stopped.

I also crossed out some of the things on your list. As a few people have mentioned already, the strip club is not safe by any means. There is literally nothing stopping you from going in there guns blazing and killing anyone/everyone inside, including a bounty.

I have no idea where this idea that the strip club is some kind of special safehaven came from, it isn't. It's a forum myth. It isn't any safer than the clothing stores/hairdresser/Ammunation/etc.

There are only three places where the timer needs to stop: Apartment, Garage, LSC. Because those are places where people cannot be killed.

Panicbacon
  • Panicbacon

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

This thread is full of hilariously inept scrubs.....I mean..... "Hardened bounty hunters."
  • RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

The way it is works fine.

If you want to try and survive you can do that.
If not you can hide.
Or you can have a buddy take the cash.

This is just another case of people being mad that not everyone wants to play just like them...

Stop-liking-what-I-dont-like_zps46919803

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

Sure, except the way they are playing is negatively affecting other people.

Maybe they should add a feature that lets me instantly kill anyone in the session by selecting their name. If you suggest that they remove this feature, you'll receive the response "The way it is works fine. If you want to kill instantly you can do that. If not you can use your gun."

Followed by a meme attempting to gloss over the merit of your opinion by being as patronizing as possible.

The fact is, the timer shouldn't be counting down for bounties if there is no chance of the player losing it. Having the timer ticking away while you're in your apartment makes as much sense as having it ticking away while you're offline. That is, it makes none.

Getting paid the bounty is a reward for surviving for the duration. That duration should not include when you're offline, or any other instances in which it's impossible for you to be in any danger. Common sense, really.

Panicbacon
  • Panicbacon

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

How so? If a bounty in unavailable, go do something else. Ideally something other than whining on the forums.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

I have found that 80 percent of the time the ones that hide In an apartment are griefers. Placing a $9000 bounty on one of those types of players is one of the strongest abilities a normal player can possess!

I had it the other day where a player just kept hunting me for no real reason. I remembered reading on here that quite a few people will run back to there apartment just to keep the bounty for themselves.
so I set one on him. I tell you it was so satisfying to just see him drive as quickly as he could to his apartment.

Griefer free for almost an hour $9000 priceless in my eyes!

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

No support. It's not called a safehouse for nothing. As for the strip club, go in guns blazing.

Besides, players with bounties can simply go into an invite or solo session to escape it. You gonna nag R* to remove those modes next?

A simple update that diables your bounty would solve that.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

How so?

...because instead of you being outside where the bounty is possible for other players to get, you're sitting in your apartment doing nothing so you can keep it. If the bounty timer didn't run out while inside your apartment, you wouldn't be sitting in there, would you? I'm surprised this needs to be explained to anyone.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

How so?

...because instead of you being outside where the bounty is possible for other players to get, you're sitting in your apartment doing nothing so you can keep it. If the bounty timer didn't run out while inside your apartment, you wouldn't be sitting in there, would you? I'm surprised this needs to be explained to anyone.

If a bounty can outrun all the bounty hunters on the server and make it to their apartment they deserve the money. If a bounty hunter can't catch a bounty before they get to their apartment it just goes to show how inept those bounty hunters are. 

When someone puts a bounty on me I just create an invite only session. That way I'm not stuck in an apartment and can still roam around freely. 

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

bunch of noobs on this thread. "i hide in my apartment idc" lol your all fking sh*t thts why

Could say the same about you and your inability to catch them before they get to their apartment. 

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

So again.
You're mad because someone doesnt want to play like you.

If I don't feel like having every annoying kid on the map chasing me then I have a way to avoid it.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

So again.
You're mad because someone doesnt want to play like you.

If I don't feel like having every annoying kid on the map chasing me then I have a way to avoid it.

That's what it basically boils down to. People hate that others don't play like them and then come onto the internet to complain about it. 

• Kahkenbols likes this

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

Problem is you guys are talking about exploiting glitches to actually get around exploits.

Oh, f*ck a doodle doo.  Being safe in your apartment is not an exploit.

Clarence Hayworth
  • Clarence Hayworth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

When I get a bounty placed on me, I jump with glee at the thought of being hunted by hoardes of players. Running and defending onesself from bounty hunters is one of the rare joys of this game. Why somebody would want to spend these precious minutes in the safety of one's apartment is beyond me.

Perhaps they should make it so that a players apartment can be broken into. That would be fun, breaking into a bountys apartment to reap the reward.

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

people, you're all missing my point, what i want to know is WHY people do this. like i've said 3 or 4 times now its is neither fun nor worth it financially to sit and wait in your apartment. anyone saying they enjoy sitting in their apartment for an hour more than being in free roam or races/missions, then why are you playing this game? go play SIMS. some people are using the excuse that they sit and hide in their apartment to piss off the guy who put the bounty on them, but 99% of bounties are from NPCs.... they've got separate lobbies for bad sports, i think they should have separate lobbies for the lazy/scared people who prefer to sit in their apartment than actually play the game, would you enjoy that? a lobby of 16 players all with bounties on yourselves all sitting in your apartments? get out and play the game, who knows? you might enjoy it.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

I stopped hiding in my apartment when I found out Impotent Rage only had one episode.

change the channel, theres usually a reality version on the spectate channel ;) 

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

people, you're all missing my point, what i want to know is WHY people do this. like i've said 3 or 4 times now its is neither fun nor worth it financially to sit and wait in your apartment. anyone saying they enjoy sitting in their apartment for an hour more than being in free roam or races/missions, then why are you playing this game? go play SIMS. some people are using the excuse that they sit and hide in their apartment to piss off the guy who put the bounty on them, but 99% of bounties are from NPCs.... they've got separate lobbies for bad sports, i think they should have separate lobbies for the lazy/scared people who prefer to sit in their apartment than actually play the game, would you enjoy that? a lobby of 16 players all with bounties on yourselves all sitting in your apartments? get out and play the game, who knows? you might enjoy it.

Why? Because that's how they want to play. That is the enjoyment they get out of it. Just because you don't like it doesn't make their play style invalid. Perhaps you should stop worrying about how others play and just play how you want. 

This thread is nothing more but people shouting "Stop playing how you play and play how I play!" 

• Kahkenbols likes this

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

There are only three places where the timer needs to stop: Apartment, Garage, LSC. Because those are places where people cannot be killed.

kind of agree, but there needs to be a different system for exiting with full control, the exit animation is a practical death sentence.

at least with the apt/garage you can check radar/map, but map doesn't show any players in the LSC.

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

I personally have mixed feelings about bounties. 

Depending on the session residents I can sometimes find a good place to camp and set up defence and kill people that come after me. but at the same time sometimes it's just worth being killed straight out.

It depends how I feel.

The other night was one of the better sessions, I had a bunch of friends in my session so they defended me and we had quite a good time briefing the hunters, all before going our separate ways!

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

you have a bounty on your head? Bob Mulét can help you deal with them hunters!

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Why? Because that's how they want to play. That is the enjoyment they get out of it. Just because you don't like it doesn't make their play style invalid. Perhaps you should stop worrying about how others play and just play how you want. 

This thread is nothing more but people shouting "Stop playing how you play and play how I play!" 

whats wrong with trying to show people a more fun way to play? if people did genuinely enjoy sitting in their apartment more than free roam (which i maintain means they're playing the wrong game) they would do it without bounties on their head, which i'm sorry, i NEVER see people doing. so yes, their playing style is invalid. there is no logical argument for doing so.

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

the way i see it is it's very passive aggressive bad sportsmanship, which should be took out the game using the idea outlined earlier about suspending the countdown whilst in the apartment but allowing bur a much quicker (or sneakier?) getaway when exiting.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Lol i think OP needs vaseline or preparation H for his case of "butthurt".

There is no honor amongst thieves, wasting your time hunting me down to collect the bounty on my head or waiting outside my apartment messaging me calling me pu$sy doesnt do sh*t, im still gonna enjoy watching tv, browsing the games web, and wait till the bounty set on me by raging nerds as yourself after you realize revenge killing me is not an option, pours into my bank account :cool: hate on it, brah.

i also don't understand why players are putting bounties on each other, just wasting your own money to get someone killed? why? just for them to quickly respawn, what have you gained?

5 out the 6 bounties i've had so far have been put on me by NPC's for stealing their car. only 1 was by an actual player and he was putting them on loads of people.

putting a bounty on someone is like throwing your money away.  :monocle:

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:17 PM Edited by Pizentu, 14 November 2013 - 01:26 PM.

So funny reading posts where people are so ticked off that some people dont want to be their toy. 

Yes , sitting in the apartment watching other people sitting outside your apartment for an hour just to get a $1000 bounty is funny as hell and 100% legit fine. You guys are the ones that camp at the exits waiting for the bounty to come out so you can shoot them before they even get through the loading and they cant do anything to defend themselves. If you want to feel like a badass killing people that cant fight back, whatever. But crying that someone doesnt want to play like you is pathetic. Whats worse, someone sitting in their apartment for 48 minutes to keep the bounty or someone camping outside that person's house for 48 minutes to claim the bounty? 

There are plenty of other people playing. Go kill them. Quit crying about how someone else plays their game if it doesnt affect your game. Not being able to kill some one is not a valid complaint. 

• Judas0ne, RAS_ZeroZ and Kahkenbols like this

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Maybe they should add a feature that lets me instantly kill anyone in the session by selecting their name. If you suggest that they remove this feature, you'll receive the response "The way it is works fine. If you want to kill instantly you can do that. If not you can use your gun."

Followed by a meme attempting to gloss over the merit of your opinion by being as patronizing as possible.

The fact is, the timer shouldn't be counting down for bounties if there is no chance of the player losing it. Having the timer ticking away while you're in your apartment makes as much sense as having it ticking away while you're offline. That is, it makes none.

Getting paid the bounty is a reward for surviving for the duration. That duration should not include when you're offline, or any other instances in which it's impossible for you to be in any danger. Common sense, really.

this is actually a hell of a point made

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

So funny reading posts where people are so ticked off that some people dont want to be their toy. 

Yes , sitting in the apartment watching other people sitting outside your apartment for an hour just to get a $1000 bounty is funny as hell and 100% legit fine. You guys are the ones that camp at the exits waiting for the bounty to come out so you can shoot them before they even get through the loading and they cant do anything to defend themselves. If you want to feel like a badass killing people that cant fight back, whatever. But crying that someone doesnt want to play like you is pathetic. Whats worse, someone sitting in their apartment for 48 minutes to keep the bounty or someone camping outside that person's house for 48 minutes to claim the bounty? 

There are plenty of other people playing. Go kill them. Quit crying about how someone else plays their game if it doesnt affect your game. Not being able to kill some one is not a valid complaint. 

i don't sit outside apartments if there's someone hiding in there, i think the players that do this are just stupid, they're partly the reason the guy wont come out. i'm not 'crying' about it, i was expressing my view that it is an issue than needs fixing as it ruins the whole feature of bounties. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users