Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

lol no it would be so easy to grief players if they changed the bounty system

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

I don't mind running, but I prefer to hide somewhere and set up traps. Best setup is the bank by the Oriental Theater, you're indoors so no worry about air strikes. A narrow hallway that funnels pursuers. One way in, one way out. I tried the tunnels underground but I haven't found a good spot yet. If I would have bought an Adder or Entity, I probably would just get on the freeway and drive around the whole map.

Halver7
  • Halver7

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

You can kill people in strip clubs, just shotgun through the door and you will be able to bring up your weapon wheel inside the club.

Apartment countdown should stop, nothing funnier when I join new session with a bounty and see a bunch of white dots camping out side. Im not going to leave as I prob dead before the animation has even ended.

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

I don't mind running, but I prefer to hide somewhere and set up traps. Best setup is the bank by the Oriental Theater, you're indoors so no worry about air strikes. A narrow hallway that funnels pursuers. One way in, one way out. I tried the tunnels underground but I haven't found a good spot yet. If I would have bought an Adder or Entity, I probably would just get on the freeway and drive around the whole map.

theres a good spot on the roof near the main LS customs, you hide behind one of the air conditioning units and for some else to get to you they have to jump over a wall and then walk over a little bridge, giving you plenty of time and opportunity to kill them. 

but my favourite is in the tunnel, underneath where a highway crosses over itself, players spend ages looking for you above land then when someone eventually works out where you are you know where theyre coming from a mile off.

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Player hiding in their apartment with a bounty, sure sign of a noob. 

I like the OP's style, outrunning and outshooting the bounty hunters is fun.

My crew has taken it upon themselves to protect random players with bounties too, that's a good bit of fun too. 

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

they need to make it so you automatically get kicked out of your garage/apartment after a short amount of time. i like collecting bounties or at least trying to and it's kinda dumb when like 90% of the players just go to their apartment/garage.

ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

it may be boring to hide in apt but the fun is in reading the tears it generates hear

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

it may be boring to hide in apt but the fun is in reading the tears it generates hear

your and my idea of 'fun' differ greatly.

SD361
  • SD361

The Professional

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Nothing really beats getting in a riot van with a buddy while you have a bounty and going for a drive. 

The only real reason to wait out a bounty in your apartment is to make sure you secure the achievement. Otherwise, just enjoy the chase.

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

R* needs to make it so if you have a bounty you cannot enter your apartment or a strip club to just wait it out. Dont know about you all but I like it when I get bounties put on me. Its fun to see how long you can outrun and outsmart the hunters. Most people that come after me end up losing more money in Obamacare than what they get from the bounty.

50% of the people I run in to with bounties either hide or leave right away. Other than that bounties are a great implementation to the game

No

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

I like hiding in the office of the strip club.. put the front wheel of my bike against the door and watch people struggle to get in.

ThaReefer
  • ThaReefer

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

bunch of noobs on this thread. "i hide in my apartment idc" lol your all fking sh*t thts why

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

When I get a bounty I sit on a roof and snipe until someone gets me or time expires

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

I hide in my tank.

screwloose88
  • screwloose88

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

time should be suspended.

• AzraelX likes this

Shellfish
  • Shellfish

COYI

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

I always hide in my apartment when someone puts a bounty on me because i know it annoys people. :blink:

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

I say what I always say... Ill run and do the game if I want to... but If I want to chill out and smoke some hash or go make myself some food... bounty or not I am going inside my crib while I do so. 

• RAS_ZeroZ and Marcinguy like this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

The best and funniest thing to do is get inna sub  and drive around  while being hunted  you'll be surprised  how many jets  buzzards try to kamikaze you  and the amount of people  with maxed out lung capacity who think they can dive to 300 ft to open your hatch lol

• Marcinguy likes this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

As for apartments another  funny implement  if they ever  bring customization to the table would be to be able to rig your door buzzer with an explosive charge  so as soon as they buzz boom bye bye LOL.........It will also deter randoms  who just  buzz u even your not a bounty target............That's what apartment invites are for  don't come un announced

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

Lol loving all the tough guy wanabes in here. Act as tough as you want and get as childish as you can with the insults. But when you put a bounty on me, all you going to see is my blip disappear, and a little thank you message for the free money and rep.

Rage about it too, get all uppity and macho like it's going to make a sh*ts worth of difference. I will get my free money in the end. And you will just be alone for further self abuse.

.l.-.- face, bitch.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

Be cool if there was a mini-game 1 on 1 challenge where you could try to break into peoples apartment (only when they had bounties). 

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by G_Masta_Phunk, 14 November 2013 - 01:43 AM.

Lol loving all the tough guy wanabes in here. Act as tough as you want and get as childish as you can with the insults. But when you put a bounty on me, all you going to see is my blip disappear, and a little thank you message for the free money and rep.

Rage about it too, get all uppity and macho like it's going to make a sh*ts worth of difference. I will get my free money in the end. And you will just be alone for further self abuse.

.l.-.- face, bitch.

IT sucks that the people placing bounties (perhaps not all, maybe just the ones making themselves known) are doing it out of spite of such, out of anger or under an unsportsmanlike mentality. As if they are "pwning" you or getting over on you by placing this bounty on you... Because it sucks that you have to take the bounty with this mentality.... the mentality that the only way to not let this punk win (by letting him have the satisfaction if watching you run from the whole server) is by quitting and joining a newer, less hostile server in which to wait out the bounty in. 

What I am trying to say here is that bounties, atleast they were in red dead... were a welcomed thing.. a sort of "bring it on.. ya I have a bounty of over 1000 come get me bitches... My favorite thing would be to ride to tanner's reach and wait behind the door with a shotty... then listen to the mountain lions eat my hunters...  in the west, sometimes animals were more dangerous than humans... 

Now I feel Bounties have this sort of "haha got you" mentality and people act as if they are getting up on you... This makes the chase now feel unwelcomed or cheated... and you have to sort of cheat to get back at them..... 

The "I pissed you off by placing the bounty on you so you gotta piss me off by sitting in your apartment" mentality is what is ruining the bounties in GTA O. 

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

You should be able to go in your home to escape the bounty hunters.  Its called a safehouse isn't it.  However you should not be able to just stay in there and wait out the bounty.  When you enter a safe zone like your house,  strip club,  etc. the timer on your bounty should stop.  Also,  solo sessions and invite only sessions should be unavailable when you have a bounty on you.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

I turn it into an epic Dukes of Hazzard style chase out into the country (albeit with a BF Injection). Even better when the hunters try taking each other out.  

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

Thats stupid.. as if in real life if you had money on your head, you're not allowed to go home/to a safe area/etc

"Sorry, you cant take a car out of your garage because someone has placed a bounty on you" GTF

sounds like people are sour they cant collect bounties. just move to the next player

Anyone who bitches about OP's suggestion either:

1) uses his/hers apartment to hide away

2) is in denial

gtfo

killerx2
  • killerx2

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

in free aim lobbies, most people don't hide in their apartments.i was in the best lobby, there were a bunch of bounties, i just finished killing a 3000 dollar wanted player, and then another guy gets a 9000 bounty and on my way 2 others get 9k bounties, 1 3k, and 1 1k and they are all in the same proximity. i figured they were all pvp and i was in sandy shores, but they were north of vinewood so it wasn't too bad.i made it and killed all of them.and then there was another bounty for i forgot how much.thats all the bounties i remember from the lobby i was in for only 30 minutes.lol i made 40k in a 15 minute stretch having a bunch of fights.the guy in his apartment came out in the middle of the action so i got him too.

on topic: i agree bounties are fun for both parties, unless i'm specifically trying to do something i just steal cars until i get a bounty, then get in my elegy and just free roam, if someone chases after me i'll try to kill them, and go on with my business.

Ankah
  • Ankah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:45 AM Edited by Ankah, 14 November 2013 - 02:45 AM.

once i went and got the Sub, started going around the Pier. number of people would go to the beach and some jumped in the water and chased me.

not long after i used the subway while bountied.

This Guy?
  • This Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:48 AM

I stopped hiding in my apartment when I found out Impotent Rage only had one episode.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:02 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 14 November 2013 - 03:05 AM.

I was in passive mode the other day just walking down the street and this guy kept running me over. Probably died 5 times.  I was minding my own business so I put $4k on his head and he's like "oh he's angry now".  Not really angry but disappointed by how pathetic a person he is.. someone eventually earned the bounty.  They have their uses imho

I do remember a second player saying something like "Why are you even playing this game if you're in passive mode?"  A very curious question

RavenCeV
  • RavenCeV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

If you can't get me before I go home that's your problem.  I don't do it all the time, but I might go and do the washing up IRL, and you wait outside my appartment, whose wasting their time now?!  It's no big deal 9k isn't a lot and if I want to multitask, it's all good.

But today...I was flicking through the channels, saw a lvl 122, all decked out in army gear, in an army truck, watched her, sent her a few messages, she was going after this guy, so I decided to make it interesting, I put a bounty on his head and gave her some heads up...

I felt like Jigsaw...

DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A GAME?!?!?!?!!?!?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users