Photo

Bounties Hiding in Apartments/Strip Club

185 replies to this topic
Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

R* needs to make it so if you have a bounty you cannot enter your apartment or a strip club to just wait it out. Dont know about you all but I like it when I get bounties put on me. Its fun to see how long you can outrun and outsmart the hunters. Most people that come after me end up losing more money in Obamacare than what they get from the bounty.

50% of the people I run in to with bounties either hide or leave right away. Other than that bounties are a great implementation to the game

• Negociator, A J and Matchett like this

Mustard Tigers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

R* needs to make it so if you have a bounty you cannot enter your apartment or a strip club to just wait it out. Dont know about you all but I like it when I get bounties put on me. Its fun to see how long you can outrun and outsmart the hunters. Most people that come after me end up losing more money in Obamacare than what they get from the bounty.

50% of the people I run in to with bounties either hide or leave right away. Other than that bounties are a great implementation to the game

I think you should be allowed to enter those places but the count down stops when you are in there. I think it stops while you are in missions. Timer should also stop if you are in solo mode or if you are in a room with no one in it.
  • Bgw4l likes this

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Well there is a trick to go into the strip club and shoot everyone inside, made me 7k :devil:

• M210F likes this

Tymerc
  • Tymerc

Dark Souls 2 Beta Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:59 PM Edited by Tymerc, 18 October 2013 - 06:00 PM.

No support. It's not called a safehouse for nothing. As for the strip club, go in guns blazing.

Besides, players with bounties can simply go into an invite or solo session to escape it. You gonna nag R* to remove those modes next?

• SCS_Skreamies likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

counter should only count down while in a public free roam session

don't understand these people though, they seriously sit around in their appartment for half an hour? :S

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 18 October 2013 - 06:02 PM.

No support. It's not called a safehouse for nothing. As for the strip club, go in guns blazing.

Besides, players with bounties can simply go into an invite or solo session to escape it. You gonna nag R* to remove those modes next?

Why are there bounties at all if you can just go to a Property and chill there? Unfair to low-levels, to be honest.

And by going to invite-only/solo session, the Bounty countdown should stop.

Musician020
  • Musician020

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

You can actually kill people while they are hiding in apartments. There's a video where a guys helicopter blades hit the guy in his apartment.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

I think you should be allowed to enter those places but the count down stops when you are in there. I think it stops while you are in missions. Timer should also stop if you are in solo mode or if you are in a room with no one in it.

That is the only solution ^^

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

firstly, it is really annoying when players do this, makes the whole point of bounties pointless. secondly, i don't understand why a player would do this, how boring would it be to walk around your apartment for nearly an hour? also, it is completely pointless as even though you get the bounty if you survive it, staying in your apartment for the whole time just to get it doesn't make sense as you can make a hell of a lot more money in that time frame. i enjoy trying to survive them, using the multistorey car parks and underground tunnels help, and allow me to go and make money off other peoples bounties whilst doing so. i once made over 50 grand bounty hunting with one on my head and survived it. can someone please tell me why players hide in their apartment? it doesn't make sense financially and if you scared of getting shot, you're playing the wrong game. 

• DeMeNs likes this

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:53 PM Edited by TECHN9CiAN, 13 November 2013 - 07:57 PM.

Lol i think OP needs vaseline or preparation H for his case of "butthurt".

There is no honor amongst thieves, wasting your time hunting me down to collect the bounty on my head or waiting outside my apartment messaging me calling me pu$sy doesnt do sh*t, im still gonna enjoy watching tv, browsing the games web, and wait till the bounty set on me by raging nerds as yourself after you realize revenge killing me is not an option, pours into my bank account :cool: hate on it, brah.

Edit: to you guys demanding bounty reform, think about this:: why should rockstar punish people with bounties for being SMART and figuring out how to survive a bounty? By your logic, if a person survives a bounty, should the person who set the bounty get refunded? Fukk that! Recognize that you got outsmarted and take defeat like a man!

Ren Fujin
  • Ren Fujin

Glamorous

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by Ren Fujin, 13 November 2013 - 08:00 PM.

100% agreed with you, OP.
Although the bounty mechanic is a really cool idea - makes player killing legit, but only in a few rare instances, which is balanced.
I actually touched upon this issue in my topic about Suggestions to improve Freemode not so long ago, and I came up with mostly the same fixes.

The Bounty System

Suggested by Ren Fujin :

I think the Bounty System is a very cool feature. It actually makes player killing in Freemode legitimate, but only on specific occasions, which is very balanced. I do believe it has room for improvement, though.

Hiding in houses or garages

I think being able to hide in your house and/or garage breaks the bounty system. And it's being abused more and more, I wouldn't be surprised if the bounty mechanic soon becomes obsolete because of this.

I suggest removing the ability to enter houses or garages when being the target of a bounty, or only allowing it for a limited amount of time. This way, players could still get in safe places if they want to retrieve a vehicle or regain health, but they should have no choice but to come out and face their fate after a set amount of time, to keep it balanced.

Pros :

Bounty hunters actually have a chance to terminate the wanted player and claim the bounty if they can get to them, no matter what. C'mon guys, the map is big enough to allow wanted players to run and hide, there should be no need to exploit houses and garages.

Cons :

Escaping a bounty hunter might prove a bit too difficult to some.

Well, I believe that coupled with the Advanced Blip System mentioned above, it should be balanced enough to give wanted players a chance to escape and hide within the game world. Remember that under such a blip system, you have to ID a player visually only whenever you're within their vicinity !

How about you change clothes or vehicle to escape a bounty hunter instead ? That would make for a more challenging and immersive experience to both parties.

Suggested by Daniel_B :

The one change I'd offer on the bounty idea is that players shouldn't be forced out of their apts/garages after a brief time, but if they spend more than, say, 5 minutes in there (or go to a solo session, or an invite-only session with their friends), the bounty should be canceled and the person who set it should get their $$ back.  The bounty target shouldn't have their gameplay limited in any way--especially if they're the innocent target of griefers--but they also shouldn't have an easy way to sit back and collect the money without taking any risk.

I also believe all the players trying to cheat/exploit their way out of a bounty are missing the point ... the bounty mechanic is all about setting up really fun chases, some of the most fun I had in Freemode was because (or should I say thanks to) of bounties. Anything and everything can happen when you're chasing a bounty, or when you're the target.

... people complain there's not enough to do in Freemode, but as soon as a gameplay mechanic tries to give incentive to have legit player on player action, they deem it as an hindrance and try to find ways around it.

Shame, really.

Killbook
  • Killbook

TheBlackWalker. A Certified Killbook.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

You can kill players in their apartments and your's. Wan't to know how I get them? I have a personal garage bomb, invite them to my apartment, show them my garage and collect the bounty. I get really close to their apartment windows with my buzzard and then open fire for those who hide in the 100k+ apartments. For the 100k - apartments, I park a tank next to the door or garage or window and a steal a titan and then ram the titan into my tank and it makes a huge explosion that travels through their entire apartment. If they have the balls to enter the strip club, I kill the guard out front, shoot the door open and shoot the wall then in there with my gun aimed or I killed the lady serving drinks and it allows me to bring my guns in there but everyone runs out, making him a sitting duck. For the fun of it, if he is in the private dance room, I spam tear gas by the exit so he comes out trying to kill me and dies.

• Ethereal_NYC likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

I killed a bounty hiding inside the strip club, it's about as safe as a clothing store.

• M210F likes this

dreaded_verse
  • dreaded_verse

O.G.A.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

Thats stupid.. as if in real life if you had money on your head, you're not allowed to go home/to a safe area/etc

"Sorry, you cant take a car out of your garage because someone has placed a bounty on you" GTF

sounds like people are sour they cant collect bounties. just move to the next player

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

Lol i think OP needs vaseline or preparation H for his case of "butthurt".

There is no honor amongst thieves, wasting your time hunting me down to collect the bounty on my head or waiting outside my apartment messaging me calling me pu$sy doesnt do sh*t, im still gonna enjoy watching tv, browsing the games web, and wait till the bounty set on me by raging nerds as yourself after you realize revenge killing me is not an option, pours into my bank account :cool: hate on it, brah.

i also don't understand why players are putting bounties on each other, just wasting your own money to get someone killed? why? just for them to quickly respawn, what have you gained? i also dont understand people that purposely set out to kill you because you killed them to claim a bounty... but mainly, you havent answered why you stay in your apartment. you technically lose money, as like i previously said, you can make more within that hour than you gain from the bounty. and it is nowhere near as fun as actually being out in free roam.

as you can probably tell this is the first game ive ever played online for longer than a couple of days before getting bored so im probably confused by how people decide to play this game because i just dont understand 'gamers' as they're not exactly normal, well-balanced people for the most part.

• Timely likes this

Ren Fujin
  • Ren Fujin

Glamorous

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by Ren Fujin, 13 November 2013 - 08:05 PM.

I killed a bounty hiding inside the strip club, it's about as safe as a clothing store.

You can kill players in their apartments and your's.

Problem is you guys are talking about exploiting glitches to actually get around exploits.

Countering exploits with exploits - why not just play the game the way it's intended instead ?
None of this would be required if players would see the bounty mechanic for what it is - garanteed fun for both parties : The hunter and the hunted.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

firstly, it is really annoying when players do this, makes the whole point of bounties pointless. secondly, i don't understand why a player would do this, how boring would it be to walk around your apartment for nearly an hour?

What makes you think everyone is hiding?

I could careless about having a bounty on me.  I just go about my regular business not giving a flying monkey sh*t about what anyone trying to get the bounty thinks.

After im done doing a ton of races or other jobs I end up back in free roam, where I then go to my apartment for a break.  And when im done I go back to racing and jobs... After an hour the bountys is mine.

No point chasing me.  Il just jump into a race....Since that's where I was going anyways.

Killbook
  • Killbook

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

You can kill players in their apartments and your's.

Problem is you guys are talking about exploiting glitches to actually get around exploits.

Countering exploits with exploits - why not just play the game the way it's intended instead ?
None of this would be required if players would see the bounty mechanic for what it is - garanteed fun for both parties : The hunter and the hunted.

Not really. Almost 90% of what I stated isn't exploiting, it's finding a way to kill the person. I don't have to glitch or do some of the things to kill them. I am just tactically killing the target with actual strategy. The only exploit I listed was the garage bomb really.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by TECHN9CiAN, 13 November 2013 - 08:19 PM.

You can kill players in their apartments and your's. Wan't to know how I get them? I have a personal garage bomb, invite them to my apartment, show them my garage and collect the bounty. I get really close to their apartment windows with my buzzard and then open fire for those who hide in the 100k+ apartments. For the 100k - apartments, I park a tank next to the door or garage or window and a steal a titan and then ram the titan into my tank and it makes a huge explosion that travels through their entire apartment. If they have the balls to enter the strip club, I kill the guard out front, shoot the door open and shoot the wall then in there with my gun aimed or I killed the lady serving drinks and it allows me to bring my guns in there but everyone runs out, making him a sitting duck. For the fun of it, if he is in the private dance room, I spam tear gas by the exit so he comes out trying to kill me and dies.

Did you know that the garages also have a TV? And that chopper blades cant reach the kitchen or direct center of the apt? Thanks for the heads up tho, brah. Now i know where to chill and watch tv or browse the internet comfortably while i wait for the piggy bank to get filled with no effort from my part :cool:

Also, theres a glitch that allows you to be invincible, perfect for luring bounty hunters into high speed chases and dissapointing them :cool: #yolo #swag.

Fighting exploiters with exploiters... Never noticed that till one of the brosephs here pointed it out, good find.

Lesson of the day: leave bounties alone, or prepare for a 50/50 chance of dissapointment. Most people with bounties, myself included, are just people who are good at the game, piss off some inferior peasants by killing them, and in return get a bounty on their head. f*ck the bounty system. In my opinion its just a last ditch effort for the weak to get ther revenge. Not happening, brah. Not with me at least. :cool:

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Move on to the next target.....don't get so bent out of shape about it. I've seen people hide, and I've seen people welcome the competition.....if it bothers you so much don't waste time with bounties....hell they don't even have to hide in their apartment, they can go race or do missions while waiting out the time and collect the bounty themselves....don't get so bent out of shape about it for f*cks sake.

• Biohazard Abyss and Kahkenbols like this

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

I love getting bounties,I either sit in my apartment wait for people to pool up outside then come out of my garage in a Insured tank,or just sit in there and look at all the hate mail.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

Move on to the next target.....don't get so bent out of shape about it. I've seen people hide, and I've seen people welcome the competition.....if it bothers you so much don't waste time with bounties....hell they don't even have to hide in their apartment, they can go race or do missions while waiting out the time and collect the bounty themselves....don't get so bent out of shape about it for f*cks sake.

Word.

If someone hides, I just move on.  It's just a game.

Killbook
  • Killbook

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:22 PM Edited by Killbook, 13 November 2013 - 08:23 PM.

Did you know that the garages also have a TV? And that chopper blades cant reach the kitchen or direct center of the apt? Thanks for the heads up tho, brah. Now i know where to chill and watch tv or browse the internet comfortably while i wait for the piggy bank to get filled with no effort from my part :cool:

Also, theres a glitch that allows you to be invincible, perfect for luring bounty hunters into high speed chases and dissapointing them :cool: #yolo #swag.

Fighting exploiters with exploiters... Never noticed that till one of the brosephs here pointed it out, good find.

Lesson of the day: leave bounties alone, or prepare for a 50/50 chance of dissapointment. Most people with bounties, myself included, are just people who are good at the game, piss off some inferior peasants by killing them, and in return get a bounty on their head. f*ck the bounty system. In my opinion its just a last ditch effort for the weak to get ther revenge. Not happening, brah. Not with me at least. :cool:

Eh, I'll find a way. I always do. What about shooting through the windows of the apartment? I  think I got a bounty while he was in his kitchen by doing that before. I'm telling you, all you people complain about not being able to get bounties because their "hiding". Get creative and kill them. Oh and, I never get disappointed by failing to get a bounty because it doesn't happen that often. But then again, I rarely go after them anymore..

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

I love getting bounties,I either sit in my apartment wait for people to pool up outside then come out of my garage in a Insured tank,or just sit in there and look at all the hate mail.

Lol good ideas there. I dont f*ck with tanks tho, bad sport lobbies are too intense for my style of gaming, im more of a "sit back and watch the show" guy.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Uh, no.

1) Like I said, a strip club is the same as a clothing store. You shoot inside, all the NPCs scream, and it's no longer a safe zone. No glitching involved.

2) Going into your apartment so people cannot attack you is not an exploit, it's a feature. It's the primary purpose that apartments were designed for.

• Stu146 likes this

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

i'm not overly pissed off about it, as soon i know they're in their apartment i then just kind of pretend they're not there  at all and carry on playing, i just really don't understand why they do it. but then again i don't understand why anyone uses exploits.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:29 PM Edited by TECHN9CiAN, 13 November 2013 - 08:31 PM.

i'm not overly pissed off about it, as soon i know they're in their apartment i then just kind of pretend they're not there  at all and carry on playing, i just really don't understand why they do it. but then again i don't understand why anyone uses exploits.

Its all about winning, just winning, at all costs.

Edit: also, i glitch because im bored of the repetetive missions and have finished the 51 race wins needed to get chrome paint.
I cant be bothered to play missions for money anymore.

mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

Cook a grenade and run into the strip club. 

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

Its all about winning, just winning, at all costs.

Edit: also, i glitch because im bored of the repetetive missions and have finished the 51 race wins needed to get chrome paint.
I cant be bothered to play missions for money anymore.

thats what im saying, i dont see how it is winning, you can make more money and have a better, more fun gaming experience doing absolutely anything but sitting in your apartment. i spend my time either doing races or chasing bounties, i do the occasional mission or two when this starts to get repetitive, but races and bounties are best for making money, which i currently need to replace the fully modded cars that disappeared due to a glitch than still hasnt been fixed.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Man, I love hiding in my apartment when the bounty is set. 

I love giving everyone the chase, waiting right at my garage, then pulling my car right on in when others arrive. Then I look out my window, and watch fights break out and the hate mail come in. 

Don't set a bounty on me next time, chump.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users