Quantcast

» «
Photo

So I made my first attempt at this today...

17 replies to this topic
Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by Dr Kain, 12 October 2013 - 08:53 PM.

Well, I made my first attempt at GTA Online. It was kind of cool, but very very VERY confusing. I spent the last 2 hours on it and I am still not sure what I am really doing. I mean, the very first mission I had to do I got killed on and then it said to drop off the drugs and then just as I got into a vehicle to drive off, the mission was over. Then I'm standing there right after the mission and I'm killed by the guy next to me, respawn, and then shot to death by the other guy who was with me on the drug mission. Le's see, I was in a Last Team Standing match and was dead before I even knew what I was doing. It does not help that I don't have any good weapons right now as I'm getting slaughtered from rifles miles before I even get close enough for my shotgun to do anything. 

I've at least been able to somewhat make my character look better than appearing like she just woke up from the meth lab. I have no idea what I am doing right now, but at least I have my character started off somewhat. My biggest gripe is having to mute a person every time they come onto the game because I am getting sick of hearing voices just start screaming through my speakers (why can't I just mute everyone at one time????) and it seems like everything is death match or racing.  Oh yeah, and it would be nice if I could find some armor around the city.  

DatDudeDB
  • DatDudeDB

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

Just a word of advise. 

It takes a little while to get "gelled into"..and it gets much more enjoyable once you rank up (past 20)

Kouhia
  • Kouhia

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hold down select to open the personal menu and scroll down to chat option and choose the one you prefer

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

I agree that the introduction to Online is not the best. I was really surprised that this seemed so weak, considering Rockstar's past with games. I know that some people wanted to skip the "tutorial" and get straight in, and I guess they should be allowed to do that, but I personally wanted my first few hours to be directed so that I wasn't just dropped into it. The change from GTA single player, to GTA Online was always going to be quite dramatic so when you first appear in a car with three random people, it's a kind of culture shock.

But like DatDude said, level up and you'll soon be comfortable in the game. I'd say by Level 8 you'll know all you need to know and after level 10 things get better.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

The problem is, leveling up is taking forever  I am usually dead before I even know what is going on because my gun selection sucks ass and I cannot get any different guns.  I want either an assault rifle, sniper rifle, or assault shotgun.  

I did end up winning a round of what was supposed to be Team Deathmatch, but it was only myself against another guy so it was really just 1 on 1, which is why I probably won.  

Now do you have to do every mission on the map?  Also, how do I join a crew?  Or do I create one?  

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

OP- switch to solo mode. No other players to deal with and you can rob stores and roam around gaining experience alone until you're comfy.
Also, click in Left Thumbstick to sneak walk. This will keep you hidden better in Death match because loud footsteps make you appear on the map. Same with shooting. Save money until you can afford & unlock the Micro SMG. the suppressor is $12000+. This will also keep you from appearing in death match. Good luck!

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

Join a crew through the Social Club website. I joined the CaliZona Soldiers but you can join up to 50 crews. And no, do whatever missions you're comfortable with but try not to replay the same ones over and over or rockstar gets cranky.

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

The problem is, leveling up is taking forever  I am usually dead before I even know what is going on because my gun selection sucks ass and I cannot get any different guns.  I want either an assault rifle, sniper rifle, or assault shotgun.  

I did end up winning a round of what was supposed to be Team Deathmatch, but it was only myself against another guy so it was really just 1 on 1, which is why I probably won.  

Now do you have to do every mission on the map?  Also, how do I join a crew?  Or do I create one?  

Don't waste your time with map missions. Wait until you see players queue for survival, or if you like racing.  Survival levels  you huge, decent money (20k if you survive 10 rounds which isn't very hard on most maps). Also, avoid Simeon missions. Gerard missions are usually quick but don't pay out much, Lester/Ron (Trevor)/Martin missions are where the better money is at. 

Also, if you're having problems with random players in free roam you can always do a solo session. You will still receive invites to other players missions and you can go around robbing stores or selling cars to LSC

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

Join a crew through the Social Club website. I joined the CaliZona Soldiers but you can join up to 50 crews. And no, do whatever missions you're comfortable with but try not to replay the same ones over and over or rockstar gets cranky.

I think you can only join 5 crews, bud. Not 50. ;)

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

OP- switch to solo mode. No other players to deal with and you can rob stores and roam around gaining experience alone until you're comfy.
Also, click in Left Thumbstick to sneak walk. This will keep you hidden better in Death match because loud footsteps make you appear on the map. Same with shooting. Save money until you can afford & unlock the Micro SMG. the suppressor is $12000+. This will also keep you from appearing in death match. Good luck!

Isn't Passive Mode solo mode?  

When do I get to unlock the SMG?  I've got like $11,000 in the bank right now.

ADowbs
  • ADowbs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

No. Join online from single player, hit Start, then select Online > Play GTA Online > Invite Only/Closed Crew/Closed Friends session. 

Then you'll be in solo mode. 

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Definately go into Solo Sessions and do the Jobs on your own without interference from the nutters. You'll level up quite quickly.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

Here OP: http://gtaforums.com...entry1063723252

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by madmanaz, 13 October 2013 - 06:58 AM.

[quote name="GTALegion" post="1063724264" timestamp="1381640378"]

[/quote]I think you can only join 5 crews, bud. Not 50. ;)[/quote]

It may be 5. Hell if I know. I think I read it on IGN and I've noticed a lot of spelling errors in their articles lately. Starting to make me think the "journalists" are getting tired of writing about the same 5 topics.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

Well I had some time to work on my character a more today, but I have no idea how to get my strength up.  

I also went into solo mode because I was not even online for more than 3 minutes when some jackass decided to attack me even though I was in Passive Mode and then took my car, drove to where I respawned, and killed me again.  Fortunately, I was able to get him back and take my car back before I said screw it and went into Solo mode.  I managed to level up to Rank 7 and got myself the Mini SMG and ammo.  I also did a bunch of missions for Gerald and Simeon, but my god they took forever.  I had one mission last 57 minutes because the car I was supposed to bring to him kept driving around all over the place and every time I would get close, my car would either stop working or the police would show up.  There is one mission I got killed at though because I was supposed to take some RV and then like 40 bikers appeared out of nowhere to attack me.  

Anyway, I'm having fun in an online game for a change, but that just could be because I was playing on my own.  We'll see what happens as I am not going to do anything in the regular mode until I at least get my stamina, strength, and driving/flying skills maxed.  

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

And your a doctor in real life, cause that'd be scarey. Figure it out, it ain't rocket science

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by Dr Kain, 15 October 2013 - 04:45 AM.

And your a doctor in real life, cause that'd be scarey. Figure it out, it ain't rocket science

Uh what?  I'm not a doctor, I'm an elementary school teacher.  And I'm not sure what you are saying I need to figure out.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

Played some more and am now up to Rank 10 with some stats leveled up.  However, I still have no where near enough money to buy an apartment.  Plus, I swear some of these missions are made to fail at.  I was supposed to blow up some vehicles from the Ballas and I killed like 25 dudes, blew up one vehicle, and then it seemed like about 20 just spawned right behind me, so I ended up failing the mission.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users