Photo

Does anyone actually race properly?!

186 replies to this topic
SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

I have a friend in RRR and I've raced with them a few times. Good racers. :)

OP/OT - I always race clean and take pride in it. I'll turn vengeful douchebag when someone takes me out of the race though.

TimmyM56
  • TimmyM56

Press F to Pay Respects

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

I try to race well, take my turns well, move out the way if some is slipping and going to pass. But you hit me once...

I will make you come in last after your car is destroyed off the cliffs in Chumash. 

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

go and play F1 If you want fair racing, it's gta for f*ck sake.

Go and play a GTA race if you want unfair racing, it's standard racing for f*cks sake.

no. see. this is gta. morality takes a back seat in gta.

if i am in first in a room i am not hosting, and catchup is on. i will not hesitate to ram the person trying to cruise past me exclusively on that off the road. catch up slows me down and speeds them up which, in my opinion, is practically a cheat in and of itself unless there is a level of about..3-20 in the race too. THEN its fair.

its pathetic when i see a room of triple digits with catchup on. its pathetic. 7 chrome adders and 1 pearlescent red turismo r and im smoking all of them?gee. i wonder who cant drive in this instance. 

JB05
  • JB05

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

go and play F1 If you want fair racing, it's gta for f*ck sake.

Go and play a GTA race if you want unfair racing, it's standard racing for f*cks sake.

no. see. this is gta. morality takes a back seat in gta.

if i am in first in a room i am not hosting, and catchup is on. i will not hesitate to ram the person trying to cruise past me exclusively on that off the road. catch up slows me down and speeds them up which, in my opinion, is practically a cheat in and of itself unless there is a level of about..3-20 in the race too. THEN its fair.

its pathetic when i see a room of triple digits with catchup on. its pathetic. 7 chrome adders and 1 pearlescent red turismo r and im smoking all of them?gee. i wonder who cant drive in this instance. 

Yea, tell me about it. Catchup should always be off IMO. I just won a race in Laguna seca with my coquette against jesters feltzers & entity's. Some guys just don't know how to drive

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

Got stuck in a couple of races last night with a crew who again, took turns slipstreaming at the front to boost their average speed, meaning the rest of us couldn't keep up, even with catchup on... :blink:

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

Got stuck in a couple of races last night with a crew who again, took turns slipstreaming at the front to boost their average speed, meaning the rest of us couldn't keep up, even with catchup on... :blink:

Surely that happens with all clean racers with slipstream on, crew mates or not. Would also work for the positions behind them. The task is to be up with the leaders before that develops rather than regard it as cheating in some way, imo.
I'd say that if they're fast and pro enough to defeat catchup with it and leave you all far behind then chances are you'd have a job beating them individually as well. Although, catch up on... :/ Not pro...
Where it would be wrong is if they didn't then extend the same priviledge to others but blocked or knocked them out.

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

Surely that happens with all clean racers with slipstream on, crew mates or not. Would also work for the positions behind them. The task is to be up with the leaders before that develops rather than regard it as cheating in some way, imo.
I'd say that if they're fast and pro enough to defeat catchup with it and leave you all far behind then chances are you'd have a job beating them individually as well. Although, catch up on... :/ Not pro...
Where it would be wrong is if they didn't then extend the same priviledge to others but blocked or knocked them out.

When they are doing it with NO resistance, not even trying to prevent a pass, and are literally just coordinating it to take turns and make sure they are always perma-slipstreaming, it feels like an exploit.

Yes, there's a lot of slips streaming in regular non crew races, but people fight for positions and it creates a bit of randomness. And they were NOT letting me get free passes, I was getting shut off at every chance, which caused me to fall back just out of slipstream range. Once you're out of that bubble, even the catchup boost is not gonna get you close to them no matter how well you drive.

Basically they just took turns the entire race, then waited to like, 2 checkpoints from the end, THEN they actually raced each other. After I got knocked back, the messages were popping up on my screen regular as clockwork, each other their name in turn, detailing the lead changes.

In the second and final race I did with them, one of them spun out, and when trying to recover from his spin came right into my path and we collided big time. I ended up not far off being straight facing, and a couple of metres off the road - HE was spun over a small embankment and facing the wrong way, and he was RAGING about being left behind his lead swapping buddies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users