Does anyone actually race properly?!

186 replies to this topic
rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

2 months of not playing the game have me missing Red Rum and Apex, not part if their crew but racing with them is always intense. Yesterday racing so clean and close with a guy until he spun me because he was so under pressure, shame really.
  • Rik96 likes this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

I'd join a clean racing crew but I don't particularly want to join a forum and apply. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Red Rums application process is so we can have a good handle on who is who when so many people use different names in Social Club and Consoles, and then leave thier Social pages hidden or not linked to console. Once you register and give info you don't necessarily need to go back but it is a good place to learn about events and challenges.

Frankly we also figure if you cant be bothered to spend 5 minutes in a forum we don't really need you.

This forum mentality is really f*cking strange to me. Punishing people because they don't want to fall in line like sheep and go to a website in lieu of playing the game? 

I also don't get the use of the name Red Rums. Hmm Red Rum is murder backwards. So I guess your group is Smurder? That sounds like something a very angry Smurf might do. "Papa Smurf, Papa Smurf, come quick! Someone just smurdered Hefty!"

Unless you're actually referring to rum that's colored red. If so, I approve.
What I don't understand is that they'll advertise their forum on this forum but won't recruit directly from this forum. It doesn't make any sense other than that they need more people active on their forums.
I've got no qualms with anyone on their crews at all but the whole forum application process is just goofy imo.
At least it's not nearly as bad as the pay-to-enter crew.

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:54 AM

I'd join a clean racing crew but I don't particularly want to join a forum and apply. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Red Rums application process is so we can have a good handle on who is who when so many people use different names in Social Club and Consoles, and then leave thier Social pages hidden or not linked to console. Once you register and give info you don't necessarily need to go back but it is a good place to learn about events and challenges.

Frankly we also figure if you cant be bothered to spend 5 minutes in a forum we don't really need you.

This forum mentality is really f*cking strange to me. Punishing people because they don't want to fall in line like sheep and go to a website in lieu of playing the game? 

I also don't get the use of the name Red Rums. Hmm Red Rum is murder backwards. So I guess your group is Smurder? That sounds like something a very angry Smurf might do. "Papa Smurf, Papa Smurf, come quick! Someone just smurdered Hefty!"

What I don't understand is that they'll advertise their forum on this forum but won't recruit directly from this forum. It doesn't make any sense other than that they need more people active on their forums.
I've got no qualms with anyone on their crews at all but the whole forum application process is just goofy imo.

There's a pay-to-enter crew?  Who needs friends that badly?

penguinhero
  • penguinhero

Being Infused With Life Fibers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:33 AM

I can deal with slip streamers
I can semi deal with bumper ca's hitting my car
But I can't deal with NOS

I ran into a guy yesterday using NOS on long haul 2 Nos still exists

luisniko
  • luisniko

Darky Souls and Bloodybornie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:15 AM

I joined a random race, it was something-Derby which takes place at the galloping track. There's one guy who rams everyone car and then he was trying to hit mine. When he hit the right rear, I turned left a little at the same time, he got bumped away and f*cked to 3rd place. I won the race. LOL.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:32 AM Edited by Cuz05, 23 April 2014 - 05:48 AM.

Lol. Smurderers. It's actually Red Rum Racing.

We don't insist people use the forum, just sign up and give us your info. Then race. Believe me, it's a hell of a lot easier to keep track of people and keep in touch with them. I don't get the non forum mentality, why be part of a community if you're not willing to maintain lines of communication?
Also, running and organising a 200 strong crew on this forum is just a massive headache and we don't really advertise on here anymore, we're not desperate for new members. Doesn't mean we can't talk about it.
Lining up like sheep and going on a forum in lieu of playing the game is a pretty ridiculous statement. You think I'd be playing GTA right now, at  6.30am while eating my breakfast and getting ready for work?
  • MightyLA likes this

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

Calm down L.S, don't panic, relax.

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

I race properly and it's really annoying when people slam you off the road.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

I've raced "Properly" 226 times and I've raced "Improperly" 517 times. Those are the only numbers that matter, 

Rik96
  • Rik96

Apex Stalker

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

Well Apex Stalkers does the same thing , for  several reasons, we like to have a place where to get organized and do our own things, this forum has not enough room for what we need, if you check us out  you will find out we why..1000 topics, 250k's posts..n 5 months,we could not possibly have this in here,  ,  i, no we do not really need new members, in fact we  have done  a cleaning in our crew recently we kicked like 200 members becouse they didnt registered in our forums, we are still 400+ plus strong between xbox and ps3 side..we stil,the 37th inglobal word ranking for racing.

Ive been in this forum since 2007 when i started roleplaying in SAMP, and i have to say that the the ammount of arseholes registered in here has increased by a 40% since the launch of GTA V,making barely impossible to have a decent converstion with anybody,so we felt like starting our own place,nothing else.

i feel for the admins of this site, having to deal with  200 b.s topics everyday.

• SHFU likes this

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

Sometimes the hammer, sometimes the nail

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

First, content: My crew has an inside joke when we accidentally hit each other or spin each other out: "Rubbin's racin'." Which it is. I used to get so mad at people spinning me out and crap until I realized I was more likely to blow up the Earth using only the power of my mind than get people to race cleanly on GTA.

Second, a story: I'm racing Four-Way Jumps and the only two other guys on headsets are this total Pip-sounding stereotypical British kid and the absolutely most stereotypical "Russian guy" voice I've ever heard in my life. I SO wanted to ask the guy to say "bring me moose and squirrel" for me, but I didn't. Anyhoo, the Russian dude doesn't finish well, and suddenly he booms over the microphone:

"THEY PUT ME IN WALL! I CANNOT WIN! SONS OF BITCHES!" 

Thank God I had my microphone off, 'cause I just totally lost it.

theplayingdead
  • theplayingdead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

Normally i race properly but most of the players try to hit me. When i feel they are going to hit me, i slow down and give them a great accident. Just like need for speed the movie.

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

What i don't understand is why you care?

There's a few reasons but the main one is to link Social Club names to online usernames so if anyone keeps playing up and ruining peoples races on purpose they can easily be kicked. 

Terrazi Terrajin
  • Terrazi Terrajin

I want you to feel the pressure.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

Some of us do race properly, but it's become mundane with how people play this game + how cars generally handle in this game.

I'm waiting for the next update that adds ghosting to races, then I will get back into races.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

http://gtaforums.com...s3-xbox/page-27

The only thread you will need !! its GTAF community driven so please use to widen your friendly race list :)

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:49 AM Edited by A_smitty56, 23 April 2014 - 12:11 PM.

Race properly?  Hell I'm lucky if I can get a decent amount of people to join a race let alone having a race without pitting.   Try to race on a created track?  Pfft forget about it.

That being said, I foolishly try to race clean with randoms.  But I know I'm sure as hell going to remember who pits me when I catch up to them and either take a wide pass on them or prepare to counter another pit maneuver. 

I do. I don't usually run into others who depend on slip streaming (its a part of the game and real life so no big deal) but I run into a lot of others who think it's bumper cars.

It's a real factor in actual racing, but not anywhere to that extent.    If they nerfed it to the point where slip streaming only gives a slight advantage over the car in front, not the over powered sling shot it is now.

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

When I'll race dirty:

1. You're host and abusing the rules, like turning on a strange car class (like coupes) and win with a modded one, or you've made a custom race which is so retarded only the biggest retard can win.
  2. You're racing dirty.
  3. I'm trying to pass you, but you're blocking me. That = me hitting you off the road.

Hahaha coupe is a strange car class?  Since when?   That's your own fault if you don't have a modded one.   Now if it were sedans or compacts then you would have a point. 

So someone is blocking you so you decide to just rear end them?  Hopefully you get spun out too.

• SHFU likes this

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:08 PM Edited by jcph3, 23 April 2014 - 12:31 PM.

Red Rums application process

fixed for you

<

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

As far as I know the Red Rum name refers to rum but also has the hint of murder...being that it is GTA and members will often do combat. I didnt name it so I cant really know.
The crew started right here on GTAF. Clean racers found each other and bam there you go. It was after a couple months that we found that moderators here were not going to allow us to just shoot the sh*t or have multiple ongoing threads here so we decided to create the other forum for that. We understand that not everyone likez forums and most members don't even visit here much less RRF. I couldnt really care less if there is traffic there. No advertizing, no monetization, free forum.
We use it for cross console chatter, setting up events and doing crew challenges.

The reason it is part of the recruiting process is because we have a reputation to uphold. We are only 200 members because we wish to remain small enough to maintain quality. Sure after being mentioned on the newswire we could probably be edging on 500 or more now if we accepted every willy nilly that requested. But then we could never be sure those members were following our guidelines.

We also had a period where a rogue member was inviting people and no one knew who they were. It took us a month to locate these folks and figure out how to handle them each individually because of no SC links or share. So now we request that you give us game tag, SC name and forum name...thats it...many never go back to the forum again but thats OK cause we have what we need.

In the end it is worth the 5 minutes when you know anyone with RRR tag will race a certain way.

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:44 PM Edited by A_smitty56, 23 April 2014 - 01:05 PM.

Yeah I don't see why having to join a forum would be such a big deal for some people.   I'd rather have socialize with a group of well mannered people there than deal with some of the people here anyways hah.

serimos6
  • serimos6

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Well Apex Stalkers does the same thing , for  several reasons, we like to have a place where to get organized and do our own things, this forum has not enough room for what we need, if you check us out  you will find out we why..1000 topics, 250k's posts..n 5 months,we could not possibly have this in here,  ,  i, no we do not really need new members, in fact we  have done  a cleaning in our crew recently we kicked like 200 members becouse they didnt registered in our forums, we are still 400+ plus strong between xbox and ps3 side..we stil,the 37th inglobal word ranking for racing.

Ive been in this forum since 2007 when i started roleplaying in SAMP, and i have to say that the the ammount of arseholes registered in here has increased by a 40% since the launch of GTA V,making barely impossible to have a decent converstion with anybody,so we felt like starting our own place,nothing else.

i feel for the admins of this site, having to deal with  200 b.s topics everyday.

Yep, we have a sht ton of active members now, and our forums are actually pretty damn impressive for a community forum. 

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:23 PM Edited by elfoam, 23 April 2014 - 01:27 PM.

Every time I try and race I'll be doing well and some guy will pit move me down a straight for no reason whatever.

Coming from a background of grand Turismo move than any other game and being used to 100% clean racing I find that infuriating. I just park the car afterwards and wait for race end. Not worth doing if they are going to play like that. It seems far more common than just one bad guy once in a while, seems like the 50% are tools!.

And why is coupes a strange class?. It seems to me the two most obvious classes for good racing with a variety of cars is sports and coupes. I'm sure most people would prefer those over super.

ShadeShow
  • ShadeShow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

I try to race clean. Just the smart thing to do, generally wrecking others will sometimes make you crash anyways so I just try to avoid it. I am a sh*tty racer though and do trade paint on occasion. The worst thing to hear is the cry babies who think they are playing a racing simulator and they also blame everyone else for everything. Its always someone elses fault. The type of person who truly believes that they should get first every race and if they dont they throw a temper tantrum.

wimthetim
  • wimthetim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

As far as I know the Red Rum name refers to rum but also has the hint of murder...being that it is GTA and members will often do combat. I didnt name it so I cant really know.
The crew started right here on GTAF. Clean racers found each other and bam there you go. It was after a couple months that we found that moderators here were not going to allow us to just shoot the sh*t or have multiple ongoing threads here so we decided to create the other forum for that. We understand that not everyone likez forums and most members don't even visit here much less RRF. I couldnt really care less if there is traffic there. No advertizing, no monetization, free forum.
We use it for cross console chatter, setting up events and doing crew challenges.

The reason it is part of the recruiting process is because we have a reputation to uphold. We are only 200 members because we wish to remain small enough to maintain quality. Sure after being mentioned on the newswire we could probably be edging on 500 or more now if we accepted every willy nilly that requested. But then we could never be sure those members were following our guidelines.

We also had a period where a rogue member was inviting people and no one knew who they were. It took us a month to locate these folks and figure out how to handle them each individually because of no SC links or share. So now we request that you give us game tag, SC name and forum name...thats it...many never go back to the forum again but thats OK cause we have what we need.

In the end it is worth the 5 minutes when you know anyone with RRR tag will race a certain way.

red rum is name of a very famous race horse

SHFU
  • SHFU

shrek is lov shrek is lief ͡ ͜ʖ ͡

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

What's your gamertag? Would be fun to have someone from Red Rum to race with ;)

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

I use the same name in SC GT and both forums. I'm easy to find. :)

JB05
  • JB05

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

I race clean most of the time, but once some clown pits or rams me twice it's on.

InfernoRage69
  • InfernoRage69

Teenager

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:46 PM Edited by InfernoRage69, 23 April 2014 - 09:46 PM.

I always slipstream behind them and when I fly past them I always end up getting hit in the rear panel and most likely spin out. I heard something about a no collision mode is that real?

abnorm
  • abnorm

Mr. Logic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

Solution: Start own race. Turn off catchup, slipstream.

JB05
  • JB05

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

Slipstream doesn't really bother me, but catchup is ridiculous. You can't reach your full potential with that thing on.

Andr3wGee
  • Andr3wGee

Keepin' it classic

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

I'm sick of people like that

Best solution.

1. Find track with a lot of corners (I use a Through The Grapevine remake I did, even added more checkpoints around the corners to prevent people cutting corners

2. Set to Muscle, Rain, Night, turn off catchup/slipstream

3. Enjoy watching the idiots that have no idea of how to slow down and actually control their car spin out at every corner.

If you see someone trying to ram you, just hit the brakes and let them pass, they will most likely total their car at the next corner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users