186 replies to this topic
Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

Oh the "clean racer" BS again.....   :panic:

Rubbin is racin kids, but it looks like R* has listened to all your crying and will be giving you a no contact option. Now you can run your time trials and trade wins with your so called "Racing Crews"

Most of the racing crews won't be using ghost mode. I won't for sure when I host I turn off all the crutches.

I also notice one thing, not aimed specifically at this thread but players in general, it is almost always someone with a very low race record that starts bitching about clean racing. Once you get the required wins for the unlocks there really is no need to win anymore and for the most part people stop worrying about it so much. I know for me it almost doesnt matter anymore. I hold to my standards and represent my crew at all times. I just laugh off whatever happens in a race because it often is just fun.

Last night I got completely wiped out of first half way through the race and ended up back of the pack. I cleanly wove my way through the field back to second and the guy that wiped me was in first. When I came up to pass him in the last turn I guess he tried to block and I caught his tail spinning him around.
I immediately got on the mic and said "sorry man", parked in the middle of the street, tapped my horn twice and let him retake the lead. I ended up with third as another was able to take advantage.

We did a couple more races in the same group and this person never slammed me off the road again.

Why, you say? That's just the way Red Rum Racing rolls and I always represent.

Just join one of the race crews. Lots of very good racers who race fair. The races are much more fun - often with 3 or 4 people finishing within a few seconds.
Plus racing crew tend to make loads of great tracks for real racing and not just 10 jumps in a straight line that you can drive around the side of anyway.

Had a couple of bad experiences in races where most of the others were in a crew - they just take turns slip streaming each other, giving them a massive advantage, that those not in the clique can't get in on and get left in their dust...

They're not ALL like that, but it is very common to see - to the point where if I enter a room and there's 3 or more from the same crew, I don't stick around for more than that 1 race.
If you get in a room with a bunch of RRR1 tags...don't fear...you will be treated the same as crew...race clean and you will enjoy yourself...race dirty and you will get the boot.

Agree mostly - but if someone tries to pull of a blocking move, and mistimes it and ends up spinning... that's tough luck for them, but no reason to hand them a place back as a "reward" for their poor attempt at defensive driving.

Holding a lead in a race, particularly with the mechanics that R* have in this game, is quite a tough gig - if someone manages to hold off the cars behind, without spinning or being spun, then they deserve the win, IMHO.

If someone makes contact with me, whether it's them doing it intentionally, or a blocking move gone wrong, and they end up coming off worst... better luck next time pal, but I'm not gonna give up my freshly earned place for them, when I've just been racing my own race and keeping my nose clean.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Oh the "clean racer" BS again.....   :panic:

Rubbin is racin kids, but it looks like R* has listened to all your crying and will be giving you a no contact option. Now you can run your time trials and trade wins with your so called "Racing Crews"

Most of the racing crews won't be using ghost mode. I won't for sure when I host I turn off all the crutches.

I also notice one thing, not aimed specifically at this thread but players in general, it is almost always someone with a very low race record that starts bitching about clean racing. Once you get the required wins for the unlocks there really is no need to win anymore and for the most part people stop worrying about it so much. I know for me it almost doesnt matter anymore. I hold to my standards and represent my crew at all times. I just laugh off whatever happens in a race because it often is just fun.

Last night I got completely wiped out of first half way through the race and ended up back of the pack. I cleanly wove my way through the field back to second and the guy that wiped me was in first. When I came up to pass him in the last turn I guess he tried to block and I caught his tail spinning him around.
I immediately got on the mic and said "sorry man", parked in the middle of the street, tapped my horn twice and let him retake the lead. I ended up with third as another was able to take advantage.

We did a couple more races in the same group and this person never slammed me off the road again.

Why, you say? That's just the way Red Rum Racing rolls and I always represent.

Just join one of the race crews. Lots of very good racers who race fair. The races are much more fun - often with 3 or 4 people finishing within a few seconds.
Plus racing crew tend to make loads of great tracks for real racing and not just 10 jumps in a straight line that you can drive around the side of anyway.

Had a couple of bad experiences in races where most of the others were in a crew - they just take turns slip streaming each other, giving them a massive advantage, that those not in the clique can't get in on and get left in their dust...

They're not ALL like that, but it is very common to see - to the point where if I enter a room and there's 3 or more from the same crew, I don't stick around for more than that 1 race.
If you get in a room with a bunch of RRR1 tags...don't fear...you will be treated the same as crew...race clean and you will enjoy yourself...race dirty and you will get the boot.

Agree mostly - but if someone tries to pull of a blocking move, and mistimes it and ends up spinning... that's tough luck for them, but no reason to hand them a place back as a "reward" for their poor attempt at defensive driving.

Holding a lead in a race, particularly with the mechanics that R* have in this game, is quite a tough gig - if someone manages to hold off the cars behind, without spinning or being spun, then they deserve the win, IMHO.

If someone makes contact with me, whether it's them doing it intentionally, or a blocking move gone wrong, and they end up coming off worst... better luck next time pal, but I'm not gonna give up my freshly earned place for them, when I've just been racing my own race and keeping my nose clean.
I wasnt completely sure I was not just cutting in on his line. It was a fairly smooth shift so not clear it was a block or that he even knew I was there. I didnt mind. Wins mean nothing to me.

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

i hate that pit manevuer...f*ck..even on air, on motorcycles and EVEN EVEN on WATER RACE!  :lol:  What the hell?

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

I'm more interested in the people I race against seeing what clean really means than I am winning.
If that means easing off and giving a little toot after an accidental spin then so be it.
I would expect all members of our crew to attempt to spread the racing community spirit when random racing.
I'm competitive but not if its generating ill will. The cleanest are the fastest and will always win more than often enough without the need to use or show force.
We've always turned catch up off and mostly turn slipstream off, we'll race stock often. You make contact even once, you won't win, the ones who get thru clean will.
  • tetsuomax likes this

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

Yup, some people are pathetic, just shows their mentality, their low intelligence etc.

Come join my crew LSHD (Los Santo's Horndog's) we race clean, or as clean as possible. Unless we play GTA race lol, then its best man win.

We have 144 members of which 110 are active, we play GTAO normally but have become a Racing crew over time lol, we have awesome fun racing, I myself am always making new playlists, I have the max of 15 playlists but renew as we play and get bored of one, I myself have made around 65 of my own races and my W/L ratio is 1600 wins to 800 losses and no, we don't cheat, its real stats... We have other members also with around 1200 wins and 800 losses, we race a lot lol.

We race 90% of the time.

Join us any clean racers looking for fun, dirty racers get warned and if they continue banned from our crew like the rubbish childish pathetic low lives they are...

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hey, look, it's another thread where OP doesn't get what street racing is

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

I'm more interested in the people I race against seeing what clean really means than I am winning.
If that means easing off and giving a little toot after an accidental spin then so be it.
I would expect all members of our crew to attempt to spread the racing community spirit when random racing.
I'm competitive but not if its generating ill will. The cleanest are the fastest and will always win more than often enough without the need to use or show force.
We've always turned catch up off and mostly turn slipstream off, we'll race stock often. You make contact even once, you won't win, the ones who get thru clean will.

You can race clean without being so...  Passive...

If someone spins out and it wasn't the result of an intentional ramming move, then that's unlucky for them. There's no need to tip your bowler hat to them, and say "After you, good Sir" and give them it back... These things happen and tend to balance out over time... you'll find sometimes you'll clip someone, sometimes YOU will spin, sometimes they spin, hell, sometimes you both luck out. Them's the breaks.

I race hard, I race fair. I never spin anyone on purpose. If I get the lead, I'll defend it like hell. If you've got the lead, I'll try and out race / out brake / out wit you, but I wont try and wipe you out. If I try and pass you and you try to block me, and you spin out? That's unlucky, better luck next time, you might manage to shut the door on me and keep me behind you.

• tetsuomax likes this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:57 PM Edited by Cuz05, 22 April 2014 - 12:59 PM.

I respect what you're saying there Luna but there's a very grey area on contact. I've seen a lot of 50/50s dissolve into arguments and accusations. I've also seen a fair number of drivers who end up in these situations far more often than is reasonable yet are still 100% certain that they're clean and fair.
What it boils down to is taking risks that are more likely to end up with 1 or both cars spun than actually pay off with a clean overtake. Overly aggressive driving is no better than dirty driving in a tight field. Believe me, it takes a fair bit of trust and practice to be genuinely clean when up against a fast and knowledgeable crowd of racers. Taking the passive route is the 1st step in building trust and ensuring a fair, hassle free race environment.
That doesn't mean we don't push hard or put some serious racing in. What it does mean is that when there are accidents, people know where they stand, it can be laughed off. On the other hand, its easier to see who might need some extra coaching, a warning or perhaps, the boot.
Would also note that blocking off a faster driver excessively is not clean and will very often lead to a crash. Makes for a lot of 50/50s and there are those who will always blame them on the other driver because they themselves are 'clean'.
I've been involved with recruitment for Red Rum whenever we've been open for requests and I've seen an awful lot of 'clean' drivers.

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

I respect what you're saying there Luna but there's a very grey area on contact. I've seen a lot of 50/50s dissolve into arguments and accusations. I've also seen a fair number of drivers who end up in these situations far more often than is reasonable yet are still 100% certain that they're clean and fair.
What it boils down to is taking risks that are more likely to end up with 1 or both cars spun than actually pay off with a clean overtake. Overly aggressive driving is no better than dirty driving in a tight field. Believe me, it takes a fair bit of trust and practice to be genuinely clean when up against a fast and knowledgeable crowd of racers. Taking the passive route is the 1st step in building trust and ensuring a fair, hassle free race environment.
That doesn't mean we don't push hard or put some serious racing in. What it does mean is that when there are accidents, people know where they stand, it can be laughed off. On the other hand, its easier to see who might need some extra coaching, a warning or perhaps, the boot.
Would also note that blocking off a faster driver excessively is not clean and will very often lead to a crash. Makes for a lot of 50/50s and there are those who will always blame them on the other driver because they themselves are 'clean'.
I've been involved with recruitment for Red Rum whenever we've been open for requests and I've seen an awful lot of 'clean' drivers.

What I can't agree with is the thought that: blocking = dirty

As I've said before, with the game mechanics and physics as they are, and things like catchup and slipstream on, holding a lead and not getting spun out when trying to defend your position, is BLOODY hard to do. Simply pulling over, and tipping your hat to the gentleman overtaking you with his slipstream boost, is too passive for me to register as "racing" as I define it.

An attempted block that is anything less than 90% perfectly timed will almost always benefit the chasing car, not the leading car. You'll probably be lower risk in letting them pass, and hoping to do the same to them later, but gah, that's so... unexciting....

Racing your way into the lead without spinning anyone, and then holding that lead to the end... that's very very hard to do in this game, but bloody hell it's a good feeling if you manage it.

All that being said, however, more often than not if someone is over taking me on the outside using slipstream, I don't normally try and block them, not if there's another bend coming up anyways, as I can usually just out-brake them going into that and claim back the place in a matter of seconds.

TL;DR - Just because I wont give you my place on a silver plate, doesn't mean I'm racing dirty.

Shadow_Titan17
  • Shadow_Titan17

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

I always try to. The minute someone starts racing dirty against me and/or succeed at ramming me, I will make it my life's mission to make sure you never reach first. Even if it means me coming last.

Also, has anyone else been hit that your car momentarily stalls? That sh*t is annoying as f*ck. It costs me races on occasion.

Rik96
  • Rik96

Apex Stalker

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:54 PM Edited by Rik96, 22 April 2014 - 01:54 PM.

If you like racing theres several groups dedicated to clean racing ,in ps3 and xbox search for apex stalkers or red rum racing , i m sure theres more racing crews out there but those 2 i can assure you its all about having good races and fun.or you can keep playing with randoms and pray for not getting knock out off the track everytime.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

I'll emphasisze that my words were blocking excessively is not clean. I wouldn't expect anyone to agree that blocking = dirty is categorically true.
But you say a similar thing there, you'll not do it to the point of risk but allow the overtake and work to return it, so I think we're more or less on the same page.
Also kind of overstating my passivity a wee bit but If you've got slipstream on, you may as well just allow them past and drop the boost on em at the finish.
Slipstream can add excitement but its so OP I prefer it off. Be more realistic if it was toned down rather than off but you get more 'proper' racing, overtaking with technique and less boosted corner smashes without it imo. On tends to cloud and confuse things even more.

Dottie
  • Dottie

Crusher of hopes and dreams

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

Nope because everyone who races is some kid that plays too much NFS
If I want to race, I just play Forza 5

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

I'll emphasisze that my words were blocking excessively is not clean. I wouldn't expect anyone to agree that blocking = dirty is categorically true.
But you say a similar thing there, you'll not do it to the point of risk but allow the overtake and work to return it, so I think we're more or less on the same page.
Also kind of overstating my passivity a wee bit but If you've got slipstream on, you may as well just allow them past and drop the boost on em at the finish.
Slipstream can add excitement but its so OP I prefer it off. Be more realistic if it was toned down rather than off but you get more 'proper' racing, overtaking with technique and less boosted corner smashes without it imo. On tends to cloud and confuse things even more.

Aye, sometimes blocking is just pointless, like any time it's taking place on a bend. Only thing you can do to keep a lead on a bend with someone closing in, is to take a craftier/less expected line through it, cause the guy behind to have to react. I'll sometimes let them past on a straight if a bend is coming up, as it's easy to out brake someone who's just passed you doing significantly higher speed.

Slipstream is fun and does add some spice/unpredictability, but if it's abused/exploited (taking turns to passively overtake each other till the final few yards) the fun part of it is sadly lost. It does make for some interesting races though, and although it's probably cost me more wins than it's gained me, I do prefer it on, if for no other reason than it's a bit more fun when there's a lot of passing moves.

Overall I am glad it's not a racing sim type experience, I like the arcadey handling and slightly overpowered game mechanics... it's far from realistic but 90% of races I am in are good fun, win or lose, because of that.

Trying to stay ahead is probably far more risky than it should be, and usually not the wise choice, but it's a good way to challenge yourself, and it does make a win feel very much well earned if you nail it.

• Cuz05 likes this

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Need for Speed the movie got it's inspiration from GTA online racing.

serimos6
  • serimos6

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:50 PM Edited by serimos6, 22 April 2014 - 02:52 PM.

Seriously, it's like no one can drive at all in races. 99% of the time it's just a bunch of idiots that purposely slow down to get behind you, split stream, and then slam you off the road so they can unfairly win...

It's called a race...

Not swerve all over the road into other people who can actually drive and win the race without hitting others, just so they can win...

Plus, whenever they hit you off the road, 50% of the time your likely going to hear them say something stupid like owned or swag...

I'm probably a little late on this, but if you really want to team up with serious, clean, fast racers (our crew is 36th in the entire world for racing and rising). I'd really recommend you join Apex Stalkers. We were the first racing crew featured by rockstar, and for good reason. Apex was created by members who were tired of going through the same exact thing you are, and that's exactly why I joined about 5 months ago and was able to become a commissioner eventually. We also give members who are active and friendly higher ranks as long as they are mature and sensible (of course). 

I'll link you to our forum where you can apply if you think it's for you: http://apexstalkers.enjin.com/

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Need for Speed the movie got it's inspiration from GTA online racing.

I saw a lot of the filming when I worked on a building in Detroit most of the summer...I drove past the "freeway jump" ramp every day, you can see the GM Renaissance Center building in the background during the shot

...but yeah, those guys were racing "so clean", weren't they?

SHFU
  • SHFU

shrek is lov shrek is lief ͡ ͜ʖ ͡

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

If you ever see me in a race then rest assured that I will drive clean and fast.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

I'd join a clean racing crew but I don't particularly want to join a forum and apply. Ain't nobody got time for that.

SabreVC
  • SabreVC

Specialist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

Apex Stalkers is the way to go. 

moostered
  • moostered

Racer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Most people who try to tram you are retarded and end up making things worse for themselves.It's not that hard to dodge someone trying to pit you.The problem is when there's several pitters or one in a large group.That's when sh*t gets ugly.One guy gets wrecked and then you've and 8 car pile up and you're in the centre of it.If you see a large group in a race that looks like it's gonna get wrecked you're best to stay at the back and drive around the cars that crashed.Nothing worse than being in the centre of a crash.Also look out for obvious pitters.People who drive carbonzarres,z-type's and adders are often(but not always)pitters.People with hideously coloured cars such as limegreen,luminous yellow,fluorescent blue,purple and chrome are generally scumbag racers too.

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

I'm the guy who seems clean on the road, and you may think i'm not dangerous... I'm not crashing others like a fool, and always looking for clean overtaking. But near the finish, when a good atack makes the diference i'm a patient bitch waiting the moment for make you eat the dust.
I enjoy a lot when kids get angry with me. This is GTA.
In GT6 I prefer a clean defeat than a dirty win.
I really can't understand why people in GTA expect not to be shooted in FR or not to be pushed to a tree...
For my is part of the GTA essence... Come on! First day you arrive to LS you get a gun XD This is about gangsters. For me is fun getting in a war when I was just going for buy a meteorite...

lunaticz0r
  • lunaticz0r

Crazy Dutch Drugs

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

when are they putting the option in so you dont hit any1?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

I'd join a clean racing crew but I don't particularly want to join a forum and apply. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Red Rums application process is so we can have a good handle on who is who when so many people use different names in Social Club and Consoles, and then leave thier Social pages hidden or not linked to console. Once you register and give info you don't necessarily need to go back but it is a good place to learn about events and challenges.

Frankly we also figure if you cant be bothered to spend 5 minutes in a forum we don't really need you.
  • SHFU likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

I'm the guy who seems clean on the road, and you may think i'm not dangerous... I'm not crashing others like a fool, and always looking for clean overtaking. But near the finish, when a good atack makes the diference i'm a patient bitch waiting the moment for make you eat the dust.
I enjoy a lot when kids get angry with me. This is GTA....

I can actually respect that approach. A skilled driver who raced well the entire race and then does what he needs to do to ensure a win over a driver with apparently equal skill who would be a threat if you pass clean is a valid tactic. Its the idiots that bash and pit you for 14th place or consistently try to wreck everyone around them in the first mile of a 16 mile race with catchup and slipstream on that I shake my head at.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Must be a new thing to knock off the cobwebs of page 78 threads.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Red Rums application process is so we can have a good handle on who is who when so many people use different names in Social Club and Consoles, and then leave thier Social pages hidden or not linked to console. Once you register and give info you don't necessarily need to go back but it is a good place to learn about events and challenges.

Frankly we also figure if you cant be bothered to spend 5 minutes in a forum we don't really need you.
Yeah, I don't spend enough time on forums to care about it that much.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

Me and my entire crew race clean at a competitive level which is the best.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

Seriously, it's like no one can drive at all in races. 99% of the time it's just a bunch of idiots that purposely slow down to get behind you, split stream, and then slam you off the road so they can unfairly win...

It's called a race...

Not swerve all over the road into other people who can actually drive and win the race without hitting others, just so they can win...

Plus, whenever they hit you off the road, 50% of the time your likely going to hear them say something stupid like owned or swag...

Using the reference "people who can actually drive" is a bit of a misnomer in a game where the cars take little skill to learn and you can flip over via magic. Seriously, I was never very good at races in GTA IV, yet I've won quite a few in V against drivers much better than me without using the tactics you describe. That fact points to a flawed system.

You could try to choose your car more wisely. Whenever I know that a bunch of guys are going to use the Adder, I go for the Cheetah because it's harder for the Adder to pit for some reason. Most of the time, they end up screwing up themselves when they try.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by blackrooster_, 22 April 2014 - 10:41 PM.

This forum mentality is really f*cking strange to me. Punishing people because they don't want to fall in line like sheep and go to a website in lieu of playing the game? 

I also don't get the use of the name Red Rums. Hmm … Red Rum is murder backwards. So I guess your group is … Smurder? That sounds like something a very angry Smurf might do. "Papa Smurf, Papa Smurf, come quick! Someone just smurdered Hefty!"

Unless you're actually referring to rum that's colored red. If so, I approve.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users