Photo

Best Gang in GTA Series.

11 replies to this topic
Phil Collin
  • Phil Collin

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

I found this article http://whatculture.c...-theft-auto.php and i dont agree.

What about Grove Street, The Lost And Damned "Before GTA V"  Leone, and so on.

What do you think what is your top 5-10?

Gang: Weapons, Members, Connections, Turf, Businesses,. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

The Diablos from III had the best car

ThePeskyCrow
  • ThePeskyCrow

:v

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

I Don't Agree With Any Of This But Thats My Opinion :V Anyone Feel The Same?

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

The Colombian Cartel without a doubt IMO.

- Income: They were a Cartel, thus they entirely controlled the market for the new (maybe designer) drug SPANK. This gave them a bottomless source of income (

Spoiler
). That makes them perhaps the wealthiest gang in 3D GTA history.

- Assets: They were very smart in investing this massive income - not wasting it on useless luxuries like your stereotypical gangsters. They controlled the best assets of any criminal organisation in 3D GTA game. These includes a freight ship, the massive Pan-Lantic contruction company, which was involved in massive construction projects in LC (including the Porter Tunnel and the massive construction sites in Staunton Island), and other freight in and around Francis International Airport.

- Connections: They had connections with the CIA, as evidenced by the mission

Spoiler
. How many other gangs can boast that level of connections?

- Direct Threat: As a direct threat, the Colombian Cartel is by far the biggest threat to players in 3D GTAs after the Leone Family Mafia,

Spoiler
. After the end of the game, their members start roaming the streets armed with 'Uzis' (Micro-Uzi IRL) and 'AK47s' (AKM/AK74 IRL).

They even have heavily armed death squads dotted around Shoreside Vale in

Spoiler

Spoiler
, some cartel members are armed with Rocket Launchers, and
Spoiler
, one or more of their members have Flame-Throwers!

Overall, I think they are by far the best armed gang in 3D GTA history, as well as the best tactically trained (with the creation and deployment of death squads).

- Cars: Car types and [erformance strong points are rather an acquired taste, so I won't comment on how awesome, big and intimidating the Cartel Cruisers they drive are. However, what I will put up as a point is their intelligent use of civilian cars as concealment, rather than relying on their unique gang cars. To my knowledge, the only other gang in GTA 3 to do that is the

Spoiler
. The cars they use to conceal themselves and their activities are the Sentinel and Pan-Lantic van. Not seeing the gang coming from a mile away must be a major strategic advantage. In GTA IV, most gangs start driving more subtly moded or normal cars.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Loonies from GTA2

Phil Collin
  • Phil Collin

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

- Income: They were a Cartel, thus they entirely controlled the market for the new (maybe designer) drug SPANK. This gave them a bottomless source of income (

Spoiler

- Assets: They were very smart in investing this massive income - not wasting it on useless luxuries like your stereotypical gangsters. They controlled the best assets of any criminal organisation in 3D GTA game. These includes a freight ship, the massive Pan-Lantic contruction company, which was involved in massive construction projects in LC (including the Porter Tunnel and the massive construction sites in Staunton Island), and other freight in and around Francis International Airport.

Spoiler

- Direct Threat: As a direct threat, the Colombian Cartel is by far the biggest threat to players in 3D GTAs after the Leone Family Mafia,

Spoiler
. After the end of the game, their members start roaming the streets armed with 'Uzis' (Micro-Uzi IRL) and 'AK47s' (AKM/AK74 IRL).

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Overall, I think they are by far the best armed gang in 3D GTA history, as well as the best tactically trained (with the creation and deployment of death squads).

- Cars: Car types and [erformance strong points are rather an acquired taste, so I won't comment on how awesome, big and intimidating the Cartel Cruisers they drive are. However, what I will put up as a point is their intelligent use of civilian cars as concealment, rather than relying on their unique gang cars. To my knowledge, the only other gang in GTA 3 to do that is the

Spoiler
. The cars they use to conceal themselves and their activities are the Sentinel and Pan-Lantic van. Not seeing the gang coming from a mile away must be a major strategic advantage. In GTA IV, most gangs start driving more subtly moded or normal cars.

They maybe was the strongest Gang in the GTA 3D but both there leaders died.

• D- Ice likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Well Cisco is a fair point (if you choose to believe Advance is canon of course), but I don't think Catalina was ever their leader. She started out as a small time bank robber, and in a few months after teaming up with Miguel in the bank robbery I doubt she could have managed to attain leadership. Plus the fact she's cousins with Ceasar from SA means she's got at least half Mexican heritage, and I was of the assumption that you could only head a gang like this if you were full Colombian.
  • D- Ice likes this

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:25 AM Edited by D- Ice, 13 October 2013 - 06:30 AM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Well Cisco is a fair point (if you choose to believe Advance is canon of course), but I don't think Catalina was ever their leader. She started out as a small time bank robber, and in a few months after teaming up with Miguel in the bank robbery I doubt she could have managed to attain leadership. Plus the fact she's cousins with Ceasar from SA means she's got at least half Mexican heritage, and I was of the assumption that you could only head a gang like this if you were full Colombian.

QFT, very true mate.

I personally really can't see Catalina as anything more than a high-ranking member - she way just a bank-robber at the beginning of the game, and from her nature in SA, I can't see her hold any position of power. Though she was able to exploit the Cartel's assets to send death squads and suicide bombers (

Spoiler
) after Claude.

IMO, hand-held console games really shouldn't be taken as canon. With my experiece with LCS and VCS, their storyline was rather rushed,and the cities are too different for the setting only a few years before other games.

With Miguel,

Spoiler

Also, even if we were to assume one or both of their leaders did die, I can't really see a major decline in their power. With the incompetence, unpredictability and treachery of Catalina, and (from what little I know of GTA Advance) treachery of Miguel gone, things can only look up for them.

TC

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

Damn thank you a bunch

• Zaibatsu
  • Kosovo
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Zaibatsu or SRS, because GTA2.

Lewis Chappers
  • Lewis Chappers

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

5. Yakuza featured in GTA III.

4. Hoods from Manhunt.

3. Sharks from GTA: Vice City (they reminded me of the Destroyers from The Warriors video-game).

2. Smileys from Manhunt.

1. The Vercetti Crew from GTA: Vice City (under the Forelli Crime Family).

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Diablos, then The Families (Both renditions, V one and SA one)

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

I Think the Grove Street Families.

San Andreas rendition 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users