8 replies to this topic
A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Hi guys,

There are some really brilliant emblems being made for crews on the social club.

These are done through complex collages of various shapes and transparencies, I'm guessing.

However I have no idea how smaller shapes are controlled or move about effectively. When I try they get skewed very easily. 

Does anyone have any tips in general with the emblem creator? or are there any guides out there? 

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:59 AM Edited by Graven, 13 October 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Use numerical editing for precise moving of small shapes.

TheGamingLord
  • TheGamingLord

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Many of the newer ones are taking advantage of the fact that emblems are converted to generic .SVG vector files. With this info, you can literally copy and paste the path info of ANY .SVG file and make insanely complex emblems that would be all but impossible to do by hand.

Here is a video showing how to paste the data: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0AVwiNxKuk4

I make them both ways, and honestly, it's so much faster using my own vectors that I rarely use the creator. The downside (upside?) is no one else can "copy" the emblem once it's been published. Great if you don't want someone stealing it. If I'm making a requested design, I still use the creator, so after publishing, the requester can download the emblem.

• A J likes this

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Use numerical editing for precise moving of small shapes.

Thanks Graven, it is incredibly time consuming to get that just right, but I'll give it a try again. 

Many of the newer ones are taking advantage of the fact that emblems are converted to generic .SVG vector files. With this info, you can literally copy and paste the path info of ANY .SVG file and make insanely complex emblems that would be all but impossible to do by hand.

Here is a video showing how to paste the data: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0AVwiNxKuk4

I make them both ways, and honestly, it's so much faster using my own vectors that I rarely use the creator. The downside (upside?) is no one else can "copy" the emblem once it's been published. Great if you don't want someone stealing it. If I'm making a requested design, I still use the creator, so after publishing, the requester can download the emblem.

That's brilliant mate, I read about this .SVG file type editing, way too complicated for me probably, but I'll check it out anyways.

I was trying to make the following image.

http://i.imgur.com/VL6y6e7.png

TheGamingLord
  • TheGamingLord

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Shaded images and photos don't convert as well as line art and cartoony drawings, but grayscale does well.

Here's what the SVG looks like:

ZJskB4O.png?1

Here is the SVG

This is exactly what you want to paste.

I was bored lol.

• A J likes this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

That´s good info there, thanks TheGamingLord.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Shaded images and photos don't convert as well as line art and cartoony drawings, but grayscale does well.

Here's what the SVG looks like:

ZJskB4O.png?1

Here is the SVG

This is exactly what you want to paste.

I was bored lol.

Thanks a lot.

I've tried pasting the path codes as and where the YT says, but it doesn't appear, the canvas is just blank after clicking outside the box :/

Where am I going wrong? 

cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Try this method - 

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

Cheers got it to finally work, very pleased with the results.

if anyone else needs some help to do this, let me know. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users