» «
Photo

Like button and user rating

13 replies to this topic
Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:52 PM Edited by s7free, 12 October 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Nice idea but they do not benefit users or posts

The user rating and the like button are totally useless and the problem with the user rating system is it can easily be abused as anyone can modify a users rating

On a advanced forums I'd expect a reliable system like the medal system which was the best way the efforts of a member can be seen from.

You do good the staff give you a medal to show for it

It's better not to have them as their unreliable and inaccurate

• WildBrick142 likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

I'd like to see a Awards-system with like Bronze-Silver-Gold-Platinum medals that have witty titles... much like the ones in GTA: Online.

For example, "Get 10 Likes in posts" to get a Bronze medal for Likes, 25 - Silver, 50 - Gold, 100 - Platinum. That's only one "medal"... there could be a lot more, too. ;)

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

We already had things like that and they were abused to merciless death.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Days since avatar changed: 8

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

Just imagine that the system works via golf rules. The less stars/likes you have, the better.

Works for me.

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

I say scrap the user rating and like button. If the medal system comes back then great

• WildBrick142 likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

Still rewarding when someone does like a post of yours though. Let's you know you've said something funny, contributing or decent. Although I'd recommend the medals return as well than that of a like system.

We'll see what the future holds for us. I want my 42 medals back  :ph34r:

• Limitless likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

I don't think they should be scrapped only because Foley/Antagonista's blood pressure is already reaching a critical limit because he hasn't being getting any 'respekz' of late and also to add to the fact that someone gave him a 2 star user rating, if the system was completely removed, there is a 100% chance of him having a heart attack, so it is best if we leave it alone.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:23 AM Edited by Werebot85, 13 November 2013 - 08:40 PM.

I don't have a problem with the way things are working right now. I don't use the "Like" button too often, but I think it's a nice feature. Imo it should stay...

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Now "like" button is revealed users, look as this is more 'friendly' than really deserves... totally useless, includes to me. :v:

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

I'd rather have this than posts saying "Nice." or "I agree" or "x2". It serves many other purposes than raising a number you know. Moderators could already see who liked what anyway, it was just made public.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'd rather have this than posts saying "Nice." or "I agree" or "x2". It serves many other purposes than raising a number you know. Moderators could already see who liked what anyway, it was just made public.

I visit other sites non-gta too and is the same abused system, only friends like your posts because your likes his posts or people exchange reputation without deserved.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

Reputation is no longer really a thing. It was abused when it was introduced into the forums, and the count has been removed from posts and the Respect button changed to Invision's default "Like this". I don't really think anyone cares about a number in their profile other than karma whores really, but that's my opinion.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by headmetalbanger, 13 November 2013 - 08:43 PM.

I know this karma thing, is funny as people try something to call attention, my likes are of stupid childish people and I know who are them, I don't care anyway. In "quote" problem they follow me too btw (warning by this).

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

I quite like the like button, It really gives you a good idea on how others have received that particular post.

Get rid of the number if its needed, But keep that like button.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users