Photo

GTA IV Installer on Disk One is broken?

5 replies to this topic
Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

The Public Enemy

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Germany

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by Pyroshox, 12 October 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me with a problem I have been having with GTA IV's disk one, I put Disk one into my disk drive to re-install GTA IV, (Deleted my old copy) and then when I open the Autorun.exe, it gives me the window with the option of launching Social Club, or exiting, so I click the launch button, the window closes, and nothing happens, no processes in my Task Manager, nothing.

So I was wondering if you could help me with this problem, because I would like to install the game again without having to f*ck with steam.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

do you have latest Visual C++ librairies installed and up to date

Preet_GTA
  • Preet_GTA

GTA Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by Preet_GTA, 12 October 2013 - 06:24 PM.

hi i think u should contact rockstar for this kind of situation,they'll surely help you out if you show them the proofs of u'r owned game & maybe they'll give u free copy of this game or something  !!

also test it on another pc e.g on u'r friend's pc   !!

that's why it's always usefull if u make a backup of your important discs,hope u take this advice for future,Good Luck   :catspider:

Edit-also try to run setup as an administrator & make sure u have all the programs installed for this game,try to rememeber what u did when u installed game in the past  !!

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

The Public Enemy

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Germany

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hey Guys,

I fixed it, I just needed to run the two setups directly from the RGSC, and GTAIV folder, for some reason they were not connecting with the autorun. (will look into later)

Regards, Pyro.

Preet_GTA
  • Preet_GTA

GTA Gamer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hey Guys,

I fixed it, I just needed to run the two setups directly from the RGSC, and GTAIV folder, for some reason they were not connecting with the autorun. (will look into later)

Regards, Pyro.

Glad u fixed it,have fun bro    :evilgrin:

OfficialFlipkid20
  • OfficialFlipkid20

OfficialFlipkid20

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

The best option in my opinion is just to download another copy, but here is a great video helping out this problem, http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sWSgQOda8Cs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users