Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does anyone know when and where armored trucks spawn?

65 replies to this topic
brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the level of the other players in your lobby may effect how often you see them. I'm pretty low (lvl 38) & I rarely see the trucks in public lobbies. ALWAYS in solo sessions.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:27 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 03 December 2013 - 03:28 PM.

One night, me and my cousin started getting them one after another, and probably robbed over 50 in a row. In fact, they never stopped spawning. We had to quit because it was getting so late.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

Ive seen them in private and public sessions. They def spawn in both. I used to always get 3+ in a row once i got one, but since the last patch i only ever have gotten one at a time. Havent had them spam spawn anymore.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Since beach bum I've only seen one person with a spawning spree. Same player every time, he got 4 or 5 and I managed to snatch up 1 from him. Total of about 7 or 8 in a row. So it still happens, just more rare I guess. 

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Since beach bum I've only seen one person with a spawning spree. Same player every time, he got 4 or 5 and I managed to snatch up 1 from him. Total of about 7 or 8 in a row. So it still happens, just more rare I guess. 

for me its the same amount of "armor truck spree" as before that patch.  no difference, im often in sessions with just a few players.

Wiredmike420
  • Wiredmike420

Team Leader

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Every single day with out fail they spawn in for me.

I always go online to a Closed Crew Room, and invite crew members. Every time I come out of a mission or leave my apartment another Armored Truck spawns in.

Also sometimes they keep spawning in after you hit the 1st one. The highest record I have had is 14 trucks in 1 hour. The RP is worth the hassle. As well the money is usually $5k - 10K and can even be $12-16k if your lucky.

Its a lot of fun.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

they spawn randomly, even less it seems for me i'm lvl 93.

Wiredmike420
  • Wiredmike420

Team Leader

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

they spawn randomly, even less it seems for me i'm lvl 93.

I'm Level 182 and they spawn for me daily. It is random as sometimes its only 1-2 in the sessions and other times its Armored Truck Galore.

• Miss Malevolent likes this

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

I blow up the backdoor with a sticky bomb, after i got the money, i call Lester to remove the wanted level. Sure, you loose a little money with that trick, but it is easy money, very easy.

Same here, hate when 8-10 players want the money

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

you can just save $600 (the cost of stickybombs) and just use your shotgun to open the truck doors.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

I miss the days when they would spawn one after another, a friend and I had multiple sessions where they'd spawn for hours. Nice payouts too, 4-5 bags with 3k+ each. Biggest payout yet was 5 bags, each with $5324, but since 1.06 we don't seem to see them anymore.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

I had one yesterday where the doors flew open after hitting it with the sticky and nothing came out. I was like, WTF, and kept hitting it with stickies. Usually, if you hit it with one sticky and it's too close to another car, the other car blows up and so does the armored car. This one just kept going. The armored car stopped and I tried to get in, but couldn't open the door. Eventually was no longer on map, despite visibly driving away down the street in front of me.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

hm, why does all use stickybombs?

drive a car in front of the truck, so it stop.. take your assault shotgun and blast off the doors.. get the money, call lester to get rid of the cops.. done. 

next spawn when you cant call lester, do the same thing, but now drive fast to nearest LSC or safehouse.

Cause sticky bombs are faster.

Your way:

1. Put a car in front.
  2. Run behind the truck.
  3. Shoot several times with a shotgun to blow the doors open.
  4. Possibly have to shoot the guard who hops out shooting at you for attacking the truck.
  5. Run around the truck to get back in the car you used to block the truck...
  6. Lose wanted stars.

My way:

1. Throw 1 sticky bomb in the middle of the doors.
  2. Detonate bomb after putting some space between you and the truck.
  3. Drive up and step out to pick up money (The truck will usually speed off after being attacked)
  4. Lose wanted stars.

It's a lot faster because many times the cops won't get there before you've already dipped out with the money. But if you're sitting there blasting away with a gun, that's more time for the cops to show up.

shunsuke
  • shunsuke

AKA, Masatooo !

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

People think they only get the amount noted on the top right corner, thats why they think its not worth it. It's per bag ! Idiot !
  • Miss Malevolent likes this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

People think they only get the amount noted on the top right corner, thats why they think its not worth it. It's per bag ! Idiot !

Exactly.

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

hm, why does all use stickybombs?

drive a car in front of the truck, so it stop.. take your assault shotgun and blast off the doors.. get the money, call lester to get rid of the cops.. done. 

next spawn when you cant call lester, do the same thing, but now drive fast to nearest LSC or safehouse.

Cause sticky bombs are faster.

Your way:

1. Put a car in front.
  2. Run behind the truck.
  3. Shoot several times with a shotgun to blow the doors open.
  4. Possibly have to shoot the guard who hops out shooting at you for attacking the truck.
  5. Run around the truck to get back in the car you used to block the truck...
  6. Lose wanted stars.

My way:

1. Throw 1 sticky bomb in the middle of the doors.
  2. Detonate bomb after putting some space between you and the truck.
  3. Drive up and step out to pick up money (The truck will usually speed off after being attacked)
  4. Lose wanted stars.

It's a lot faster because many times the cops won't get there before you've already dipped out with the money. But if you're sitting there blasting away with a gun, that's more time for the cops to show up.

Unless the truck is already at a red light, which I'd say around 75% of the ones I find are stopped.  Then it's more like pull up behind it, not worry about being too close for a sticky bomb blast, step out, 3-4 blasts, pick up money sitting 5 feet away, get back in car, ignore the driver if he got out (he's fairly slow) and I'm gone before the cops are even in the area.

The one negative is that when you are on foot outside the car using a shotgun, you are more prone to being run over from npc traffic behind you.

The truth is both methods work and the situation should dictate which way to go.

InternetBully
  • InternetBully

u wot m8?

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

Seems random to me. That said, it seems more frequent in sessions with only a few players and they tend to respawn constantly for a bit around a specific players.

Maybe it works mostly as a scripted event to give players an incentive to be in the same area?

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:05 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 04 December 2013 - 09:25 PM.

Here's how a typical invite session goes for me, and making money is a pretty smooth operation. I live at the docks in the bottom left corner of Los Santos. Now, onto the bullet list (this covers the armored truck a couple times). 

• As soon as I log-in I wait in my apartment for about 5-10 minutes and do some stuff to get ready to start my GTA day. This seems to let everything in the session load up, including...
  • Armored trucks. Now, almost always, without fail, an armored truck is outside of my apartment when I'm alone. This only happens when I wait inside my apartment for a few minutes after starting my session
  • After the truck I look for a Gallivanter Baller (worth $9k mint condition)  http://gta.wikia.com...er_(Version_II) and hopefully the driver will set a high bounty on me
  • Do some gang attacks, every gang attack has at least two crates each, guaranteeing $1k and 500RP for roughly 90-120 seconds of work, and on average 1-2 gang members will drop $500 stacks of cash 
  • At this time I usually drive back to my safe-house, go inside, smoke a cig, wait another couple minutes, go outside, annnnnd...
  • Usually another armored truck is driving by, I can sell another car, I survive my bounty, and the process starts over
  • If this works for you, and it should, the armored trucks should spawn within half a mile of whichever interior you were inside whether it be your safe house or any of the garages, but you may have to drive a minute before it spawns. 

I just worked this out a few days ago after I kept taking breaks. When you're alone just driving around the city doesn't seem to be enough to respawn them very often, but when you actually leave the map (i.e. load an interior for a few minutes) then re-enter the trucks and their paths have time to reload. On average now I get about 2-3 trucks per (real life) hour, on top of two SUVs at $7k-9k every 48 minutes added onto the money gained from the bounties they set which often doubles that, the gang attacks at an average of $2k-3k and robbed from the stores when going from place to place.

About $200k (this is free mode (yanno, the one one you can't make any money in) and 4.5 levels in about 3 hours (reached 60), by myself yesterday, and I never felt bored. Anyone who says they can't make money in free roam is just lazy and has a sense of entitlement.  

After too many bad experiences and bugs regarding sticky bombs (I've had some retarded sh*t happen, not to mention that's pretty much $550 less that you make) and armored trucks I just use an assault shotgun without any hitches. Just shotty the driver first, passenger if there is one, then use it on the doors (which is incredibly effective), then just GTFO.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'm really curious if my method works for anyone else. All you have to do is start an invite only session by yourself, wait in your apartment for about 5 minutes before leaving, drive a few hundred feet, and (if you're like me), there should be one. If not, drive back into your garage and right back out. This has been 100% consistent since I started doing it and I know it can't be exclusive for me. I'm on PS3. 

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Unless the truck is already at a red light, which I'd say around 75% of the ones I find are stopped.  Then it's more like pull up behind it, not worry about being too close for a sticky bomb blast, step out, 3-4 blasts, pick up money sitting 5 feet away, get back in car, ignore the driver if he got out (he's fairly slow) and I'm gone before the cops are even in the area.

The one negative is that when you are on foot outside the car using a shotgun, you are more prone to being run over from npc traffic behind you.

The truth is both methods work and the situation should dictate which way to go.

If the truck is at a STOP sign or red light, it's even easier...cause I just toss and blast without having to get too close...the only sucky thing is if there are cars around and you have to wait for them to move...lest it sets off a chain reaction. My preferred method is toss while they're on the move to avoid that situation.

And the being run over by NPC cars is precisely why I don't like being on foot behind the truck.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 04 December 2013 - 10:46 PM.

I've personally encountered too many stupid bugs and other scenarios that have turned me off of using sticky bombs for good, plus the price factor and the whole idea of making money on armored trucks and spending as little as possible, and using sticky bombs just takes away from the profits. Like clockwork, this is pretty much my preferred method:

• Park BF Injection in front of truck
  • Climb on top of car to get a much better shot at driver and passenger and for protection against crazy NPC drivers
  • Equip shotgun, always take out driver first
  • Quickly move to back, hopefully some douchebag driver didn't abandon his car right behind the door
  • Blast open door with assault shotty

Some of the stupid sh*t that's happened with sticky bombs: Truck has blown up from a single well-placed sticky on the doors (no cars around), having to worry about chain reaction explosions can require waiting and planning that a shotgun raid doesn't, the NPC traffic hysteria that an explosion can create can make the raid and escape more difficult than a simple kill-and-go pick up, the truck "event" has disappeared because of an explosion even though the truck was still fully in tact and driving, the doors have opened but nothing came out, and simply the cost of the sticky bombs. Of course these haven't happened to everyone, but some of these bugs have happened to me on multiple occasions while none of them have occurred when just using the shotgun, so while I've always loved using stickies on armored trucks I'm just going to use the auto-shotty from here on simply because of its consistent reliability and cost.       

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

I'm really curious if my method works for anyone else. All you have to do is start an invite only session by yourself, wait in your apartment for about 5 minutes before leaving, drive a few hundred feet, and (if you're like me), there should be one. If not, drive back into your garage and right back out. This has been 100% consistent since I started doing it and I know it can't be exclusive for me. I'm on PS3. 

Trying to replicate this just to lend some credibility to it.  Using a closed crew session since that's usually what I'm in and I'm currently the only one online.  I got it to work the very first time just like you said but the last 3 times it hasn't, and the 4th attempt I even quit to single player and loaded up a brand new session.

I'll keep trying for a while to see if I can eliminate some more variables or something for those who would want to farm this for RP or money, but frankly even if I can get it to work 100% it's very boring lol.  Maybe something to do if you don't have anything else going on or no one else is online, etc.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

I've personally encountered too many stupid bugs and other scenarios that have turned me off of using sticky bombs for good, plus the price factor and the whole idea of making money on armored trucks and spending as little as possible, and using sticky bombs just takes away from the profits.

Not to me.

Stickies cost sub $600.

Even if you get a low amount on the Truck, which is about $4500...you're still walking away with a $3900 profit.

The costs of convenience is worth it to me.

Many times I won't bother losing the wanted level. I'll just go to the next truck, blow the doors off, get out of the car, whilst the cops are shooting at me...pick up the bags, and on to the next one.

I never worry about a protracted shootout.

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

What not to do,

Find one in a queue of traffic, lob sticky bomb, back up 5 car lengths, trigger sticky, get wasted by the chain of cars blowing up

Fail

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 04 December 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Trying to replicate this just to lend some credibility to it.  Using a closed crew session since that's usually what I'm in and I'm currently the only one online.  I got it to work the very first time just like you said but the last 3 times it hasn't, and the 4th attempt I even quit to single player and loaded up a brand new session.

I'll keep trying for a while to see if I can eliminate some more variables or something for those who would want to farm this for RP or money, but frankly even if I can get it to work 100% it's very boring lol.  Maybe something to do if you don't have anything else going on or no one else is online, etc.

As far as boredom goes, keep in mind this isn't something I farm over and over again back-to-back-to-back. I do stuff in-between like I said in my first post in this thread, mostly doing gang attacks (which I enjoy quite a bit), and looking for cars to sell, but like I said I'm usually able to get 2-3 per hour or so. Most I've been able to get was 5 in one hour, not including the glitch where it kept spawning (which has only happened to me once). Also when you go back to your safe-house or into an LSC after your first truck has spawned make sure you wait at least a few minutes (just go do something), and when you leave drive around the block. If you don't see a truck, drive back in, wait a minute, and try again. If there's still no truck then go about your business for ~10 minutes or so and try again.

I don't think quitting the session will do anything, but I'm talking out of my ass on that one. I'm usually in a private session for at least an hour when I'm working on cash and RP. 

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

Keep in mind this isn't something I farm over and over again back-to-back-to-back. I do stuff in-between like I said in my first post in this thread, mostly doing gang attacks (which I enjoy quite a bit), and looking for cars to sell, but like I said I'm usually able to get 2-3 per hour or so. Most I've been able to get was 5 in one hour, not including the glitch where it kept spawning (which has only happened to me once). Also when you go back to your safe-house or into an LSC after your first truck has spawned make sure you wait at least a few minutes (just go do something), and when you leave drive around the block. If you don't see a truck, drive back in, wait a minute, and try again. If there's still no truck then go about your business for ~10 minutes or so and try again.

I don't think quitting the session will do anything, but I'm talking out of my ass on that one. I'm usually in a private session for at least an hour when I'm working on cash and RP. 

No no, I wasn't saying you sit there and farm this over and over.  I was just thinking ahead to the many players that would farm this if there is a semi-repeatable method.  On nights where no one from my crew is online my gameplay matches a lot of what you do actually.  Selling cars, cruising for gang attacks, armored trucks if they spawn, sell another car, a mission (if a good one pops up), a 5 star cop chase or two, etc.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:52 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 04 December 2013 - 11:59 PM.

No no, I wasn't saying you sit there and farm this over and over.  I was just thinking ahead to the many players that would farm this if there is a semi-repeatable method.  On nights where no one from my crew is online my gameplay matches a lot of what you do actually.  Selling cars, cruising for gang attacks, armored trucks if they spawn, sell another car, a mission (if a good one pops up), a 5 star cop chase or two, etc.

I know you weren't, and I just realized I worded it in an accusatory way. My bad. So far in my experience with it is that its not really often enough to really be exploitable, and I don't think it'd be worth it compared to other glitching methods out there. I just noticed that during my money/RP grind one night that every time I would take a cig/bowl break inside my apartment or a garage for a few minutes there would almost always be a truck waiting for me outside, and missing random events like that are exactly why I started going inside to take breaks in the first place. Crate drops don't occur when you're alone anymore (at least I haven't seen a single one in any of my invite only sessions since the last patch), but if they did I wouldn't be surprised if it would have increased their frequency too. 

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

I know you weren't, and I just realized I worded it in an accusatory way. My bad. So far in my experience with it is that its not really often enough to really be exploitable, and I don't think it'd be worth it compared to other glitching methods out there. I just noticed that during my money/RP grind one night that every time I would take a cig/bowl break inside my apartment or garage for a few minutes there would almost always be a truck waiting for me outside, and random events like that are exactly why I started going inside to take breaks in the first place.  

I had noticed I was getting trucks pretty consistently coming out of my garage when I first started up the game which made me curious if there was a method to it.

Results update: I can't get it to work 100% of the time but I do think I'm getting them more often now than I usually do when just cruising around normally.  Parking my car outside my apartment entrance (not garage, but it might not matter) and going into my apartment, waiting for the 10 minutes until you are kicked message pops up (which means you have been inside for 5 minutes) and then exiting apartment, getting in my car and driving just a bit down the road seems to work fairly often.

I am 1/1 so far sitting inside LSC and doing the same thing - waiting for 5 minutes and then coming out, driving around the block and one spawned.  This one might be worthwhile to do if you are early for selling a car and have a few minutes to waste.

• SecludedMemory likes this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:34 AM Edited by SecludedMemory, 05 December 2013 - 12:44 AM.

I wish I kept track of the numbers. 100% obviously was a bit of an exaggeration, but the number is drastically higher than the "natural" spawn rate. I'd say after I got my 'system' down and the timing figured out the number is closer to 80%. 

A few (maybe) key points:

• PS3
  • Invite only session, not solo or closed crew/friend
  • Alone (obviously)
  • Level 60 
  • I own the apartment by the lower left end of the beach on the docks
  • Lazysunday88 likes this

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

Right.  I would hope R* didn't make the algorithm or whatever spawns the trucks simple enough to be exploited to the point of getting trucks 100% of the time, but hey look at the trouble they've had with game crippling cash glitches.

I'm actually going to start a spreadsheet tonight because I am a statistics nerd and I actually like doing dumb things like this.  If I can find some sort of a pattern or anything relevant I'll post in this thread and maybe it'll help some folks out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users