Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does anyone know when and where armored trucks spawn?

65 replies to this topic
GTAVBALL1N
  • GTAVBALL1N

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I was wondering because i only have seen one i joined the game when it was there so idk where they spawn or when they do so if you know i would appreciate an answer.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:46 PM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 12 October 2013 - 03:51 PM.

I can't remember all the places I seen them, though one appeared near the Darts game in Sandy Shores yesterday. It was during the day time.

fkpbwo.jpg

Jetpack5000
  • Jetpack5000

I GOT IT

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

i found one here

0_0nko7k.jpg

• Gballin23 likes this

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

I have never bother hitting an armored truck before.

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Go in SOLO mode. You will see more

KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

1. I believe they only show up in solo sessions. I have NEVER seen them in open worlds.

2. Don't bother, the $4-6k payouts aren't worth the 3 stars.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

Best tactic to use

Drive behind and lob a sticky bomb onto the back doors. Hang back about 5 car paces, detonate, drive up to the cash bags, collect, drive away and evade the keystone cops

Simples :)

• Miss Malevolent and codename_duchess like this

D. Bigalow
  • D. Bigalow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

I was just waiting for my buddy in an invite only session and one popped up by my garage. In LS by the popular st garages right next to the LScsutoms. It appeared at 430ishpm on a friday

Note: this was the second one I bagged at the same exact location but with the first one I failed to record the day and time.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

I've nothiced the spawn time in Sandy Shore the past few times was from say 12:00 to 16:00.

GEAR0706
  • GEAR0706

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

I have an apartment at the eclipse towers, came out of it, and there was one just to the south, they spawn randomly, i have only seen 2 in 70 levels of game play. They do show in online mode.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

really? once I did the lester mission he calls me to let me know there is one nearby. ive already hit up like half a dozen and had abunch more show up when I didn't have time to catch up to them.

im not sure if this was a glitch but I got into a helicopter and they just kept spawning in the city one right after another. I was lower than level 30. most of them in free roam. I remember complaining over the mic about one of them glitching out after I blew open the back doors. it didn't drop any money and then blinked out of the game leaving me with wanted stars.

the highest amount of money ive gotten was $15000 out of one truck and as low as a few grand.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

1. I believe they only show up in solo sessions. I have NEVER seen them in open worlds.

Sure they are, I get 12k payouts and just rush to the river and lose the cops in a matter of 30 seconds then hit the bridge above for another truck. Rinse and repeat.

• codename_duchess likes this

GapingAngus
  • GapingAngus

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, I've got 14k+ before.  I always follow it for a while in the hopes its gaining more money.  Probably not though.

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

I usually see them on the highway or in Sandy Shores.

Not worth it some times, only if you have friends and want to have fun I guess.

JavierFF
  • JavierFF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

I've seen a few. they show on my map but disappear within seconds yet no message of anyone attacking them. anyone know what's going on? I head to them I get halfway there and it's gone

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Seems to be a random event, and randomly on the map, in my case ive seen most of them down by the docks, but also everywhere else on the map.

They seem to come in waves tho, once i see one, i usually see  1-2 others in short succession

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

I've seen a few. they show on my map but disappear within seconds yet no message of anyone attacking them. anyone know what's going on? I head to them I get halfway there and it's gone

Once they go a certain distance from you they despawn.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

only at night,ive seen them open world, like 3 people were going after it, haha!  and yea they dont last long, one time i had one spawn in the f*cking drain canal and it was gone before i could figure out were it was and how to get there, i was up on the 2nd level bridge sh*t, so if you see one stay close, or it will vanish into thin air as quickly as it appeared. block or two maybe, i wasnt sure cuase it wasnt even on the damn road!

Viz Clarity
  • Viz Clarity

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

I've done some research, and discovered that I find Armored Trucks at Sandy Shore Airfield at 21:05. This has happened to me 4 times, could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

Fox_Xalian
  • Fox_Xalian

Consiglere of the Moretti Family-LS Commission

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:14 AM Edited by Fox_Xalian, 21 October 2013 - 06:14 AM.

Generally, I find them around the scrapyard/airfield/quarry/windfarm garage area (they've spawned as I went near those areas, or came out of the garage which I own at the windfarm) during the morning (7am and 9am are the usual times). In solo sessions of course.

spiderfly303
  • spiderfly303

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

armored trucks spawn depending on the amount of people in a lobby.....im a die hard fan of the game and have taken time to take notes on armored truck sightings.  my theory was proven last week when i was in an open  session only containing 5 members.... i hit 5 armored trucks in 35 minutes by the beach to the left of the peir if ur bACK is to the water on the surface roads. 7,346$ first hit. 14,547$ second 6,783$ third 10,562$ fourth hit and i used a sticky bomb on my fifth try and the truck drove off didnt have timeto find the loot (a white money bag that does note show up on the radar)

as the session gained more membersthetruck sighting  decreased  i think its so too manypeople arent in thrsame vacinity which may cause glitches...... otherwise they appear near busness districts  N Hve a route as do real trucks, i followed one for 2 minutes real time before hjittin it...

ideal weapon is the auto shotgun... three hits ine at the bottom one at the top and final in the middle and the doors open and the money hitsu in the chest. a notification will appear when u get the money sucessfully

BoeserBengel83
  • BoeserBengel83

Merryweather protects you!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:13 PM Edited by BoeserBengel83, 12 November 2013 - 11:14 PM.

I blow up the backdoor with a sticky bomb, after i got the money, i call Lester to remove the wanted level. Sure, you loose a little money with that trick, but it is easy money, very easy.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

It depends I've seen as many as 5 spawn in the room at diff locations a few times  with 10 plus people in the room. The payout range  from 4-14k. I had a luck streak by the airport where I had like 8 spawn in the matter of 20 minutes close to 100k, but the was a fluke thing. Just remember if your sticky bombing the doors  make sure there is no cars that are close to it  or you'll blow up the truck  and everything  driving around it. In traffic  3 blasts  from a sawed off shotty  while blocking the truck from the front works well.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

Sure they are, I get 12k payouts and just rush to the river and lose the cops in a matter of 30 seconds then hit the bridge above for another truck. Rinse and repeat.

When they're in the continual-spawn mode, I don't even bother losing the cops.  I just drive around bombing them and grabbing the cash as I take fire from helicopters.  I'll die sometimes, but I don't mind losing 500 dollars after picking up 10,000+

They also give you 2000 RP per truck attacked, which is pretty cool.

• Miss Malevolent likes this

DJ_Jiggles
  • DJ_Jiggles

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by DJ_Jiggles, 13 November 2013 - 02:04 AM.

I took a small list from a thread about 3 or 4 weeks back. It's been pretty accurate so far.

Time/Date -- Location

03:18 Monday -- Del Perro
20:30 Wednesday -- Northeast of prison near sattelites
21:30 Wednesday -- Cypress Flats Ammu-nation
01:00 Thursday -- Barbershop in Vinewood
05:00 Thursday -- South of Sandy Shore's Airfield
03:20 Saturday -- Las Lagunas Blvd
  • Kinkade and BoeserBengel83 like this

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

The spawn online, doesn't matter whether it's a solo session or an open session.

The payouts are well worth it. It's the most money you can make in a short amount of time. And i've never got as little as 6k.. The least i've got is 8k. And the three stars are easy enough to escape if you dart off quickly.

These are definitely the best ways of making money, i wish i knew their routes so i could go on a truck hunt :p

Volvo12345
  • Volvo12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

hm, why does all use stickybombs?

drive a car in front of the truck, so it stop.. take your assault shotgun and blast off the doors.. get the money, call lester to get rid of the cops.. done. 

next spawn when you cant call lester, do the same thing, but now drive fast to nearest LSC or safehouse. 

Sean_actually
  • Sean_actually

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

If you manage to get these to chain spawn (trigger not yet posted online) then the best method to farm them, in my opinion, is as follows: 

Drive non-personal vehicles (to avoid impound)
Use sticky bombs

Blow door, collect cash
Suicide to escape cops. Saves time, increases $ per hour.
Steal new random vehicle and repeat.

If you do this with a friend, you can trade bounty kills from the people whose car you stole.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

I used to use sticky bombs, until I found that the auto shotgun works just as well.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

Best tactic to use

Drive behind and lob a sticky bomb onto the back doors. Hang back about 5 car paces, detonate, drive up to the cash bags, collect, drive away and evade the keystone cops

Simples :)

This... and if you get the stars? duck into the nearest subway, kill the 2 guards... click the stealth and level up your stealth ability killin 3 stars

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users