Photo

Dumbest f*cking AI

44 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by StingrayX, 12 October 2013 - 03:26 PM.

I swear, I know the consoles are old and cannot handle much but the AI is just unacceptable. I was just cruising in my newly bought Dewbauchee JB 700 and after getting it fixed after being rammed by some idiot being chased by the cops, it gets rammed again. I was waiting at a stop light in Vinewood and some dumb ass in a Peyote just rams my car yet the light was f*cking red. What the hell? It's like there were no improvements done to the AI whatsoever when it comes to driving. They cut you off like that, they ram you, and the police chases cause damage to your car even if you're just cruising.

I love the game but bugs and flaws like this just slowly suck the fun out of the game. I'm a laid back cruising type of guy and if I have to deal with this every 20 f*cking minutes around the city then this game won't be in my console as much anymore. It is just annoying. I don't want to speed all of the time I want to sit back and suck everything in but that is too much to ask apparently.

Has anyone else been annoyed with the AI?

BTW: I'm just going to ignoere any stupid replies I get saying "If you don't like the game, don't play it" or "All of these whiney bitches smh" or any other anti-opinion cockamanie bullsh*t.

• lazy. likes this

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

If you don't like the game, don't play it

• gunziness likes this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Brace yourself, C* fanboy are coming.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:31 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 12 October 2013 - 03:36 PM.

One post too late.

Also, I haven't had too many issues with pedestrians stopping by me at a red light. They are still pretty dumb though, but it's slightly better than previous games.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

If you don't like the game, don't play it

Yeah, let's just pretend the game is perfaaaact and aawwwesooome.

The Ripper 666
  • The Ripper 666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

do you not drive in real life? xD people drive like that A LOT man I can see it being annoying but I mean I guess if the AI were all perfect drives someone would be like "hur dur where iz teh realizm" 

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

do you not drive in real life? xD people drive like that A LOT man I can see it being annoying but I mean I guess if the AI were all perfect drives someone would be like "hur dur where iz teh realizm"

Nobody rams your car in real life. I don't drive slow by any means in this game but it gets annoying when AI runs me over while I'm on foot.

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

only time when i get really, i mean really annoyed by AI is when driving, they somehow has to turn right in front of me all the time

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by Ola441, 12 October 2013 - 04:05 PM.

So AI should not hit your car when they are running from the police, what would you rather they do? Noclip straight through you? You would hate online, you over sensitive cat.

It's funny how ur post accentuates why AI in this game is good. Some respect your car and some are to in a hurry to care.. Kinda like real life?

The Ripper 666
  • The Ripper 666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Nobody rams your car in real life. I don't drive slow by any means in this game but it gets annoying when AI runs me over while I'm on foot.

the fact that you said that no one rams your car in real life xD they're called accidents for a reason it may not happen as often in real life but I mean it's a video game man I'm not gonna be that guy who's like "you obviously just suck" but I mean GTA AI has always had a reputation for sh*tty AI driving xD 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by StingrayX, 12 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

Wow, I was driving in the countryside and somebody in an SUV just veered onto my side of the road, hit me, and then flicked me off. Then he got scared and scraped up my f*cking JB 700 and drove off. I mean, what the hell?

So AI should not hit your car when they are running from the police, what would you rather they do? Noclip straight through you? You would hate online, you over sensitive cat.

It's funny how ur post accentuates why AI in this game is good. Some respect your car and some are to in a hurry to care.. Kinda like real life?

Did you even read my f*cking post properly? Do you even know what you're talking about? And your grammar and spelling are so f*cked up that I can't even understand half of your post. Shut up and go away.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Wow, I was driving in the countryside and somebody in an SUV just veered onto my side of the road, hit me, and then flicked me off. Then he got scared and scraped up my f*cking JB 700 and drove off. I mean, what the hell?

Did you even read my f*cking post properly? Do you even know what you're talking about? And your grammar and spelling are so f*cked up that I can't even understand half of your post. Shut up and go away.

lol!

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

AI was stupid in every gta game... no big suprise :/

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

What the hell is your problem with people that like R* games? So if you like or support anything these days for any organization you're automatically a fanboy? 

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

This has happened in every single GTA game. I'm not defending Rockstar here, I'm stating facts by the way. The AI doesn't see you as "one of them" so it's like you're blocking their way, you don't count as an AI car so they need to pass anyway and don't obey the rules.

namenotneeded2
  • namenotneeded2

• Members

I've been run over a few times by Police Cars..

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

AI was stupid in every game for that matter TLOU and Skyrim and CoD and Halo and AC II & III and Forza and RDR and Fallout and Metal Gear Solid and Borderlands and Uncharted and Dishonored.....

It goes on and on!! When are you people ever satisfied with anything you ever get? It's one thing to criticize, it's another thing to compeltely deride a franchise that is arguably amon the best.

D3L3TD
  • D3L3TD

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

I've been run over a few times by Police Cars..

...and then got a 1 star wanted level for doing so.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

follow a cop chasing an ncp. do it. first they slaughter him, then they drive away with worst AI ever in gta history.  give it 5 minutes and their front wheels are locked up from smashing into things.  even then they keep bumping into things going at a crawling pace :/  they drive over peds to. its hilarious

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

AI was stupid in every game for that matter TLOU and Skyrim and CoD and Halo and AC II & III and Forza and RDR and Fallout and Metal Gear Solid and Borderlands and Uncharted and Dishonored.....

It goes on and on!! When are you people ever satisfied with anything you ever get? It's one thing to criticize, it's another thing to compeltely deride a franchise that is arguably amon the best.

hahah hey man don't take that in the wrong way, I love GTA V it's by far my favorite one but GTA's AI is not the smartest in the world... as you said most of the game nowadays AI's is not smart, actually I have yet to see a game where I'll be impressed with AI, maybe next gen maybe not... but the fact that AI is not the smartest is no big deal to me.. I don't play GTA V because the AI is stupid or not, I play it because it's epic

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

hahah hey man don't take that in the wrong way, I love GTA V it's by far my favorite one but GTA's AI is not the smartest in the world... as you said most of the game nowadays AI's is not smart, actually I have yet to see a game where I'll be impressed with AI, maybe next gen maybe not... but the fact that AI is not the smartest is no big deal to me.. I don't play GTA V because the AI is stupid or not, I play it because it's epic

Lol man. Then you're like me. Play the game for the storyline. BFFs 4ever lol.

• KillaDanny likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Lol man. Then you're like me. Play the game for the storyline. BFFs 4ever lol.

hahah yeah I play this game for the great storyline and much more :)

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

What the hell is your problem with people that like R* games? So if you like or support anything these days for any organization you're automatically a fanboy? 

This is my take on it:

You're a fanboy if you love a game, see no flaws with it, then bitch at people who do bring up flaws. This makes you delusional.

Or you could love the game, see flaws but remain silent about them, but still bitch at people who point them out, which still makes you a fanboy...but a blind one.

The one thing to take from all of this is that as long as you tell people to shut up and accept a product without criticizing it, you are a fanboy of said product.

Feel free to give me a witty response.

Ivorbiggun
  • Ivorbiggun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

It's better than GTA IV. The driving was so bad in that you used to see all cars run into the back of each other all the time.

Now you can use two methods,

Quick save a lot while traveling
Character switch and it will heal your vehicle.

When police are chasing somebody I find pulling over out of the way has often served me well.

That's one thing I liked about the travelling in LA Noire. The AI was pretty good. They never tried to drive around you for no reason or anything like that.

I had one car that I'd spent a lot on and I stopped at this junction and the car behind tried to go around me but stopped for the red light. Then when we both pulled off at the same time he hit all down one side.

Unloading a clip into his head didnt improve my mood much either
  • Jus_me likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

i do hate being rammed.....

i mean in my car... being rammed into. hit. i hate being hit.

whatever....

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

Name an open world game with smart AI. They are all dumb in these games. It's actually funny to me when you think about it. 

• iiGh0STt likes this

Ivorbiggun
  • Ivorbiggun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Name an open world game with smart AI. They are all dumb in these games. It's actually funny to me when you think about it. 

I think LA Noire was pretty decent?

But I get what you're saying. It must be difficult to map the AI to react to so many different situations?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

I think LA Noire was pretty decent?

But I get what you're saying. It must be difficult to map the AI to react to so many different situations?

And I disliked that game.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:11 PM Edited by Proletariat, 12 October 2013 - 06:11 PM.

This is my take on it:

You're a fanboy if you love a game, see no flaws with it, then bitch at people who do bring up flaws. This makes you delusional.

Or you could love the game, see flaws but remain silent about them, but still bitch at people who point them out, which still makes you a fanboy...but a blind one.

The one thing to take from all of this is that as long as you tell people to shut up and accept a product without criticizing it, you are a fanboy of said product.

Or you could like the game, recognize that it has flaws, but still play the game because you enjoy it, and still be able to bitch at people who criticize it BECAUSE you know that they are looking at the small things that have no effect whatsoever on the total gameplay experience. That my friends is not a fanboy.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

This is my take on it:

Or you could like the game, recognize that it has flaws, but still play the game because you enjoy it, and still be able to bitch at people who criticize it BECAUSE you know that they are looking at the small things that have no effect whatsoever on the total gameplay experience. That my friends is not a fanboy.

Yeah, that's the blind fanboy syndrome I was talking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users