Photo

Bad sport is the most stupid idea ever.

94 replies to this topic
scorchx
  • scorchx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

God, it's GTA, it's supposed to be about rampages and shootouts, not "don't throw the grenade, you might blow up a players ride." I mean, Jesus, it sounds stupid in writing, how did they think this would work. I got put in with the bad sport for blowing myself up when 4 arseholes boxed me in and were trying to steal the high priority export car, how was I supposed to know it was their personal vehicles? I tend to just drive what i find I find driving around. If i could make a sugestion regarding player vehicles, if you destroy one, you get informed about it and you can choose to pay the insurance or not pay the insurance, refusing to pay makes you a bad sport.

• Shayd80 and _KC like this

irishgoods
  • irishgoods

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

just learn to defend yourself correct 

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

I agree

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

God, it's GTA, it's supposed to be about rampages and shootouts, not "don't throw the grenade, you might blow up a players ride." I mean, Jesus, it sounds stupid in writing, how did they think this would work. I got put in with the bad sport for blowing myself up when 4 arseholes boxed me in and were trying to steal the high priority export car, how was I supposed to know it was their personal vehicles? I tend to just drive what i find I find driving around. If i could make a sugestion regarding player vehicles, if you destroy one, you get informed about it and you can choose to pay the insurance or not pay the insurance, refusing to pay makes you a bad sport.

So, if it is about rampages and shootouts, why do you complain when you are supposedly put into servers with plenty of rampages and shootouts?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

So, if it is about rampages and shootouts, why do you complain when you are supposedly put into servers with plenty of rampages and shootouts?

He's not complaining about rampages and shootouts, he's complaining about the bad sport system.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

He's not complaining about rampages and shootouts, he's complaining about the bad sport system.

Yeah, well, there are 2 types of bad sports: the ones that like rampages and shootouts and the ones that don`t. The first crowd is just getting servers matching their preferences. The other has motly griefers and MAYBE innocents. Griefers deserve the same asshole servers, so we are left with the innocents. Them can learn how bad sport is awarded (not ideal, but it certainly beats complaining about something that might or might not change) and avoid it. In his case - target the people and not the car.

Vercintrix
  • Vercintrix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

griefers dont exist in free mode. ITS FREE MODE. FREE. MODE. DO WHAT YOU WANT. NO RULES. IF YOURE OUT ON THE ROAD WITH YOUR HIGH END CAR OR WHATEVER, YOU ARE FREE GAME. I laugh at all these people who get so butthurt about dying in freemode. if you die, get vengeance. if you can't, youre bad and deserve it.

Stop being such whiney carebears. If you want a carebear server, play solo with your friends or whatever. stay away from public. NOT THAT HARD.

• Jameson312 and PaKu93 like this

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by josephene123, 12 October 2013 - 03:48 PM.

The hospital bill cost and the bad sport feature kind of ruin free mode for me. In GTA IV it was all sandbox and you could afford to have a tense but very fun rivalry with other players, in GTA Online it just feels like there is nothing to do except from the activities the game gives you...

• M210F likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:54 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 12 October 2013 - 03:55 PM.

griefers dont exist in free mode. ITS FREE MODE. FREE. MODE. DO WHAT YOU WANT. NO RULES. IF YOURE OUT ON THE ROAD WITH YOUR HIGH END CAR OR WHATEVER, YOU ARE FREE GAME. I laugh at all these people who get so butthurt about dying in freemode. if you die, get vengeance. if you can't, youre bad and deserve it.

Stop being such whiney carebears. If you want a carebear server, play solo with your friends or whatever. stay away from public. NOT THAT HARD.

Cry some more, now, because you can`t get in the same games as I do.

And why are you complaining about my choices? You get what you want - free mode, doing what you want, with no rules, so bad sport is actually matching you with other free mode heroes.

In GTA IV it was all sandbox and you could afford to have a tense but very fun rivalry with other players.

Not all rivalries are fun. I don`t find spawn killing for 25 minutes fun. If you do, you end up on servers with like minded players, so you should be happy.

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

i agree, its very broken.

i currently have a bounty on my head, people chase me, now i can either spin my car around and try shoot them out, or do the much easier thing, drop a sticky, look behind me and push the button.

Being labelled a bad sport for trying to survive being hunted is not nice.

• _KC likes this

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:00 PM Edited by josephene123, 12 October 2013 - 04:02 PM.

In GTA IV it was all sandbox and you could afford to have a tense but very fun rivalry with other players.

Not all rivalries are fun. I don`t find spawn killing for 25 minutes fun. If you do, you end up on servers with like minded players, so you should be happy.

Is that a rivalry? It doesn't sound like you were even competing, so no, I don't count that. I mean evenly matched players edging each other out - yet in GTA Online, you can either get labelled a bad sport or you lose basically all of your money (which can take very very very long to make if you play missions and jobs casually) in less than an hour of killing each other. As far as I know, you can't do that.

Yeah the spawn killing sh*t is a problem, but that isn't even solved here. You generally re spawn in the same area and somebody in a helicopter can still easily kill you again and again and you can't do sh*t, instead, this time, you're also punished for it with a hefty hospital bill.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

If I want competition I`ll go to deathmatch games, for the "evenly matched players edging each other out". No risk of bad sport there.

And the bad sport does help the spawn killing, even if indirectly - most griefers will get a bad sport rating and their own griefer lobbies, so they would be out of my own lobbies. Each gets what they want: I can asshole free lobbies, they get asshole full lobies.

BroDoYouEvenLift
  • BroDoYouEvenLift

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

It's funny taking a helicopter to a roof and constantly kill the same person over and over again. And before you accuse me of being an immature 12 year old, I'll have you know that I'm already 13, thank you very much!
  • RAS_ZeroZ likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:21 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 12 October 2013 - 04:22 PM.

Bad sport is not a f*cking solution to PvP. It's a punishment syetm in which you can't play with your freinds. What we need is a free roam mode with no bad sport system or passive mode.

The problem is forcing passive players and PvP player together. I have no f*cking idea why Rockstar did not learn a thing from RDR regarding this.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by josephene123, 12 October 2013 - 04:29 PM.

If I want competition I`ll go to deathmatch games, for the "evenly matched players edging each other out". No risk of bad sport there.

Incredibly weak argument. Deathmatch games are completely different experiences to free mode barring the mechanics and the map. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Bad sport is not a f*cking solution to PvP. It's a punishment syetm in which you can't play with your freinds. What we need is a free roam mode with no bad sport system or passive mode.

The problem is forcing passive players and PvP player together. I have no f*cking idea why Rockstar did not learn a thing from RDR regarding this.

And how is this a problem, when the result is achieved anyway? Passives get to play with passives, while PvP oriented people get to play with PvP oriented players. Get your friends to be bad sports too and you have solved your problem.

For getting what you want, you surely spend a healthy amount of time complaining about what others want.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

People should be allowed to destroy player cars with impunity but always be fully charged for it, even given negative money if broke at the time. Quitting games and cheating/modding undoubtedly calls for the dunce server but blowing up cars isn't necessarily trolling and punishing it is a bad way to dissuade trolling.

Passive mode and switching servers are more than enough to defend against trolls, let them pay for all the sh*t they blow up and let us not be overly punished for just playing the game.

Subliminal123456
  • Subliminal123456

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

People should be allowed to destroy player cars with impunity but always be fully charged for it, even given negative money if broke at the time. Quitting games and cheating/modding undoubtedly calls for the dunce server but blowing up cars isn't necessarily trolling and punishing it is a bad way to dissuade trolling.

Passive mode and switching servers are more than enough to defend against trolls, let them pay for all the sh*t they blow up and let us not be overly punished for just playing the game.

People should not be able to spend when in the red!

That way, people would have to earn more gta$ by selling cars only and would be more careful about how many/often they spray bullets around. idc that they try to kill me for no reason except the lulz, they don't generally succeed anyways.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

That way, people would have to earn more gta$ by selling cars only and would be more careful about how many/often they spray bullets around. idc that they try to kill me for no reason except the lulz, they don't generally succeed anyways.

I would say they should be able to spend while in the red, but only with cash they have on them, all deposited money goes towards paying back the bank (with interest added on) what you owe. And of course if they have all their cash on them, they're vulnerable to losing it.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 12 October 2013 - 04:58 PM.

So, if I have millions AND levels and I just daytrade on the stock market, how will you take money from me, huh? I still keep what`s important - the minigun and RPG, only that YOU get to pay YOUR OWN insurance, cos I have 0/0 cash when I blow up your car. At that time, it makes no difference to me - YOU are losing your car`s insurance out of your own pocket AND the free roam 2k.

DirtyT
  • DirtyT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

No debt, it's a game. Debt isn't fun.

Can't afford insurance for destroying a car? THAT is bad sport behaviour. That's probably the only thing that is.

Euan
  • Euan

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Oh, okay, so because it's free mode does that mean you can corner female characters and pretend to rape them?

Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should, hence the bad sport system. That way every body has fun - you get put with griefers and we can play normally.

DirtyT
  • DirtyT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Oh, okay, so because it's free mode does that mean you can corner female characters and pretend to rape them?

Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should, hence the bad sport system. That way every body has fun - you get put with griefers and we can play normally.

Forced segregation is never a good thing. It should always be optional.

Normal servers.
Friendly servers.
Hardcore servers.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

And how is this a problem, when the result is achieved anyway? Passives get to play with passives, while PvP oriented people get to play with PvP oriented players. Get your friends to be bad sports too and you have solved your problem.

For getting what you want, you surely spend a healthy amount of time complaining about what others want.

Bad sport is not a solution, it's a bandaid for a wound which gets bigger every day.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Forced segregation is never a good thing. It should always be optional.
Normal servers.
Friendly servers.
Hardcore servers.

Yes!

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Bad sport is not a solution, it's a bandaid for a wound which gets bigger every day.

It`s a nice bandaid for me. It takes away assholes from the general population and matches them with other assholes. 

Some MIGHT be lesser assholes. They will have to learn to play within the set of rules Rockstar laid out for them. or get matched with bigger assholes. 

I win regardless - I get less chances of getting assholes on my servers and in my games.

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:18 PM Edited by kABUSE, 12 October 2013 - 05:20 PM.

you are talking bullsh*t without taking all the facts into consideration.

bad sports worlds are empty and boring. its a totally different experience. hosting and joining games takes easily 10 times longer, not to mention that you are forced to wear that ugly, f*cked up cap all the time and have to watch your behvaviour because you WANT to get back to the normal world. you are totally retarded while wearing that cap and your online experience is spoiled.

right now noobs get raped in normal free roam and in the so called "pvp free roam" everybody is bored because there is nobody to shoot, because the worlds are empty and the few people left do not want to fight.

not to mention that the "pvp free roam" is not only for people who fight other people but also for cheaters and bug abusers. at least thats what rockstars says.

ScamPictures
  • ScamPictures

Pro-Strategist

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

It's funny taking a helicopter to a roof and constantly kill the same person over and over again. And before you accuse me of being an immature 12 year old, I'll have you know that I'm already 13, thank you very much!

Haha, we could maybe share sniper spots, I got some good I can show :)

Add my skype: Cerebrowse

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:25 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 12 October 2013 - 05:26 PM.

It`s a nice bandaid for me. It takes away assholes from the general population and matches them with other assholes. 

Some MIGHT be lesser assholes. They will have to learn to play within the set of rules Rockstar laid out for them. or get matched with bigger assholes. 

I win regardless - I get less chances of getting assholes on my servers and in my games.
So just because it's ok for you, everyone else should suffer? Just leave, your making an ass of yourself over a solution that would not affect you.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

you are talking bullsh*t without taking all the facts into consideration.

bad sports worlds are empty and boring. its a totally different experience. hosting and joining games takes easily 10 times longer, not to mention that you are forced to wear that ugly, f*cked up cap all the time and have to watch your behvaviour because you WANT to get back to the normal world. you are totally retarded while wearing that cap and your online experience is spoiled.

right now noobs get raped in normal free roam and in the so called "pvp free roam" everybody is bored because there is nobody to shoot, because the worlds are empty and the few people left do not want to fight.

not to mention that the "pvp free roam" is not only for people who fight other people but also for cheaters and bug abusers. at least thats what rockstars says.

And why is this my problem? You get what you deserve, I guess. 

The red text is really funny: so, they are willing to fight innocent players, but not players that shoot back? A nice insight into the mind of a griefer...

Also, your sentiments are irrelevant to me: you earned your Dunce hat - wear it with pride, now!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users