Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Bad Sport System....what exactly is the point?

35 replies to this topic
Darkly-X
  • Darkly-X

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:17 PM Edited by Darkly-X, 12 October 2013 - 12:21 PM.

I honestly think "Bad Sport" Needs to be removed... It's hard to fight back knowing i'm going to be labeled as a bad sport... I Finally fought back today and blew this guys car up cause he was running me over and doing drivebys killing me costing me well over 20k, Then that message popped up and i just left session cause i didn't want to have to do it again. All n all remove it R*, It may bring more greifers and douches but i can live with it as long as i can fight back.

Edit -

For all the people saying don't blow up their car....

Sometimes it's on accident and sometimes it's the only freaking way to get them off your nuts, you know? So rethink what you said. Quit being so dense.

This system is honestly failing right now..

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I've not been a bad sport yet, but the dunce cap seems to be a bit much. Good companies shouldn't insult/patronise their paying customers like that, even when those customers do engage in bad behaviour.

Did they force your actions? The people that don't act like jackasses approve of the system.
I don't approve of the dunce cap, and I've never been a bad sport.

Really R*? It's bad enough you're practically acting like a teacher and sending your customers to time out after they played how GTA normally was played. Then you force a cap on them that insults them? R* is going soft, I agree.

I love the new experience, but the insulting towards old time players who are used to care free fun chaos is ridiculous and R* should wear a dunce cap for the stupid ass idea.

Well thats actually kinda the point.  This is not GTA4 online and they are trying to teach you that.  you are supposed to CO OP with other players and do missions, that means work together.  Its not the clusterf*ck free for all free roam gta4 online was, its so much more, a completely different game in fact.  Im none too happy about it either, I never played gta4 cause it was pretty lame but the single player was epic and i had months and months of fun in free roam single player just messing around, that experience is gone in GTA5, the f*cked it all up and completely changed it and made it a whole different game, it should really even have the right to wear the GTA name, its basically a WOW style carrot on a stick type game but its so broken and bugged that lots of people are cheating and have unlocked and bought everything already, that was supposed to take them months and then they will add new content. They will periodically be adding new content to keep you chasing that carrot, this is nothing like the GTA you are used to and If you try and play it the same way, you are gonna have a bad time, lol!
Fact of the matter is, even when you do get sucessfull in it, the game is so damn money prone. Want to have a free for all with tanks, jets, and RPG's? Well, you better be holding onto that money for your dear life. And I can't say that's honestly bad. Only thing money REALLY changes can be your house bills, and mechanic bills, which only really adds up to 100. Can't say that's too bad, but still. I think they need a free mode server for all their old time fans.

Get rid of the cluster f*ck icons everywhere that just look ugly on the map. Get rid of the bad sport rating on it. Get rid of passive mode. Put weapons down in different locations, and let people go sh*t crazy.

I like what R* did here. But it does annoy me they force you into this TEAM WORK MMO. The bad sports, the passive mode, the money grind in general. I just wish I had a mode where I could drive around Los Santos just hitting people. If someone blows me up in that mode? Well, fair game. If someone crashes a jet into two people in a personal vehicle? No bad sport.

Just wish they had that.

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

For all the people saying don't blow up their car....

Sometimes it's on accident and sometimes it's the only freaking way to get them off your nuts, you know? So rethink what you said. Quit being so dense.

This system is honestly failing right now..

or as in my case, he parked his car next to one that I placed an ignition bomb in and blew up his own car stealing mine.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:18 PM Edited by Jameson312, 12 October 2013 - 07:19 PM.

Just got my dunce cap, and now whenever I try to play any game mode nobody is there Q_Q

[bold]Being a bad sport doesn't stop you from playing that's all that matters. I always dish out my revenges 10x fold. Kill me once, I will kill you till you leave the session but I never start these kinda things

I've never been branded bad sport but if I did...I would still play like I play. [/bold]

it kind of does stop you from playing though, i must have joined 10-15 different sessions yesterday and most of them i was the only player. like 4 of them had 2-3 other players. that's it. this sh*t has to go.

it's called "pvp server", "co-op server"

games have been doing this for decades. r* is being a complete dick about this, and i'm probably gonna trade in my game when something i like comes out. that beyond two souls game looks pretty cool.

christo976
  • christo976

Senior Gamer

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Actually the Online World looks more like "Playstation Home" with veichles and guns to me.
And yes is meant as a co-op experience, PVP is just stupid trolling.

pvp is just stupid trolling? why do you play video games? it used to be about competition...you just f*cking baffled me.

Let me explain, This is mainly a CO-OP game, you can't even do some missions in solo, so PVP, expecially spawnkilling is... Stupid, and sometimes trolling.

Invite me to a deathmatch instead of making me loosing money by randomly killing me while i'm doing my business not bothering you, or at least, after you "bravely" killed me once, give me time to take cover and react, or you're just too scared that your a** may be kicked?
Plus, most happytrigger players are also farmers and glitch exploiters so, is very honorable to rpg from a chopper some guy who just entered the game and has only the lame gun Lamar gave him...

I mean is just a f****ing game*, i know, but i think games must be played FAIR, RPG VS Handgun isn't. Is a competition i know but isn't the World As**oles Awards

My experience with this:

I was looking around for a good 15 minutes for a Baller to sell at LSC, found the car and drove to the LSC just in front of the door some one snipe my character in the head (2k), i respawn and go looking for the car just to find this guy smashing "my" car whit his ride, i shoot at him, i had no armor since i respawned, he shoot me back and killed me in a blink (2k). I decide to ignore him and just go for the car, ducking and covering... he stills fires at me now with his AK, i reach for the car from the other door, push the gas he fires i shoot back so he has to get cover and i can drive away, hit his smashed car, car explodes he dies my car was enough close and smashed to explode too and kill me. (a bad sport warining, $190 as refund and 2k for dying). So, in the end i lost $6190, got a warning and had to leave the session (no a big deal, i started a solo session and did my things) before this guy drain all my money out.
This is why unwanted and senseless PVP is trolling or griefing or whatelse.

My suggestion is to follow a simple player's code: if the player you killed doesn't react after respawn or has puny weapon: leave him alone and go fight those of your size.

The only real solution is to wait for next Righteous Slaughter ...oops! COD to hit the stores :D

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

I've not been a bad sport yet, but the dunce cap seems to be a bit much. Good companies shouldn't insult/patronise their paying customers like that, even when those customers do engage in bad behaviour.

Did they force your actions? The people that don't act like jackasses approve of the system.
I don't approve of the dunce cap, and I've never been a bad sport.

Really R*? It's bad enough you're practically acting like a teacher and sending your customers to time out after they played how GTA normally was played. Then you force a cap on them that insults them? R* is going soft, I agree.

I love the new experience, but the insulting towards old time players who are used to care free fun chaos is ridiculous and R* should wear a dunce cap for the stupid ass idea.

Well thats actually kinda the point.  This is not GTA4 online and they are trying to teach you that.  you are supposed to CO OP with other players and do missions, that means work together.  Its not the clusterf*ck free for all free roam gta4 online was, its so much more, a completely different game in fact.  Im none too happy about it either, I never played gta4 cause it was pretty lame but the single player was epic and i had months and months of fun in free roam single player just messing around, that experience is gone in GTA5, the f*cked it all up and completely changed it and made it a whole different game, it should really even have the right to wear the GTA name, its basically a WOW style carrot on a stick type game but its so broken and bugged that lots of people are cheating and have unlocked and bought everything already, that was supposed to take them months and then they will add new content. They will periodically be adding new content to keep you chasing that carrot, this is nothing like the GTA you are used to and If you try and play it the same way, you are gonna have a bad time, lol!
Fact of the matter is, even when you do get sucessfull in it, the game is so damn money prone. Want to have a free for all with tanks, jets, and RPG's? Well, you better be holding onto that money for your dear life. And I can't say that's honestly bad. Only thing money REALLY changes can be your house bills, and mechanic bills, which only really adds up to 100. Can't say that's too bad, but still. I think they need a free mode server for all their old time fans.

Get rid of the cluster f*ck icons everywhere that just look ugly on the map. Get rid of the bad sport rating on it. Get rid of passive mode. Put weapons down in different locations, and let people go sh*t crazy.

I like what R* did here. But it does annoy me they force you into this TEAM WORK MMO. The bad sports, the passive mode, the money grind in general. I just wish I had a mode where I could drive around Los Santos just hitting people. If someone blows me up in that mode? Well, fair game. If someone crashes a jet into two people in a personal vehicle? No bad sport.

Just wish they had that.

yea i hear ya, there are some deathmatch missions and some jet flying and tank driving missions, but they kinda penalize you for total free roam chaos that we are used too.  Im pretty disappointed myself, even the single player free roam is a joke due to the cops being to easy to outrun and to hard to maintain a sustained firefight with unless you  are in a subway tunnel, then its too easy, not fun at all, they kill tanks with pistols, its totally f*cking lame with nothing fun to do, lol!  Maybe pure deathmatch ffa servers and then the regular ones for playing the game they way they intended.  lots of things are bugged and broken so who knows how it will end up when they fix it and start adding content, but i think it will be much better once they fix passive mode so the little crybabys cant die at all and then maybe they can adjust the bad sport thing to not include cars since you get them back so easy,  I really dont understand the point of getitng in trouble for destroying a  car but you can spawn kill a noob 400 times and they dont care about that? makes zero sense to me, lol!  Im all for the bad sport thing if people quit in the middle of missions though, i hate idiots that do that and they should be marked so we dont waste our time trying to play a mission with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users